Full Version: "Nasty" Argument Between Floyd Sr. & Junior Caught by 24/7 Crew
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Eighty88Eight
http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/index.ssf/...rail_floyd.html

A life in the day of Mayweather Jr.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 21 2011, 09:59 AM) *

Excellent, well written column. Thanks for the link, 88.

Hate, love or just observe him, FMJ is a unique cat. How he is able to focus amidst the chaotic turmoil should be scientifically researched.

I still hope Ortiz plants him in Twitchland though.
JONdaCON817
idkk about any of YOU.. but i cant wait to see this 24/7. i can prolly see that scene turning into 1 elongated *beep*. lol
thehype
LOL

WOOHOO!!!!

An argument between a father and son.

clapping.gif

AWESOME!

Can't wait to see that.

laugh.gif
Eighty88Eight
If it was Pacquiao arguing with a relative, you'd have written 12 articles about it already
Method
I think FMJ is dead-on about FMS. As much as I like FMS and think he's a solid trainer, he is always trying to make it about himself. It's enough already.
thehype
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 21 2011, 01:54 PM) *
If it was Pacquiao arguing with a relative, you'd have written 12 articles about it already

No I wouldn't have. That's ridiculous, and quite frankly, you can fuck off for even implying that. I've never written anything about Pacquiao and his family life. I didn't write anything about his alleged affair, I didn't write anything about his family members getting arrested, and I've never written anything about his fucking mom. The only thing I write about when it comes to Pacquiao is his boxing/business affairs.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 21 2011, 02:01 PM) *
I think FMJ is dead-on about FMS. As much as I like FMS and think he's a solid trainer, he is always trying to make it about himself. It's enough already.

I know, right? FMJ rarely gets the credit he deserves and FMS always exaggerates the credit he "think" deserves (to the point of overkill). Funny shit!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 21 2011, 11:18 AM) *
I know, right? FMJ rarely gets the credit he deserves and FMS always exaggerates the credit he "think" deserves (to the point of overkill). Funny shit!

Here we go focus.gif where's the Budlight?
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 21 2011, 11:17 AM) *
No I wouldn't have. That's ridiculous, and quite frankly, you can fuck off for even implying that. I've never written anything about Pacquiao and his family life. I didn't write anything about his alleged affair, I didn't write anything about his family members getting arrested, and I've never written anything about his fucking mom. The only thing I write about when it comes to Pacquiao is his boxing/business affairs.

Lol, damn Hype don't get your panties in a bunch. It's no big deal. You are to sensitive when it comes to mayweather or Pacquiao. It aint like you are on either ones payroll. Well actually maybe you are on mayweathers, just kidding. Relax
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 21 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Lol, damn Hype don't get your panties in a bunch. It's no big deal. You are to sensitive when it comes to mayweather or Pacquiao. It aint like you are on either ones payroll. Well actually maybe you are on mayweathers, just kidding. Relax

I'm not sensitive at all when it comes to Mayweather or Pacquiao. I could care less about what anyone has to say about them. I do, however, take offense to someone implying that I would do something that I clearly would not do and have not done. I didn't come in this thread addressing anyone and I didn't fire any shots anyone. I simply commented on the fact that, in my opinion, it's hilarious that people are looking forward to seeing an argument between a father and his son. Next thing I know, I'm being addressed and told I would do something that simply wouldn't do. I work far too hard on this website to have to deal with that kind of bullshit. If you disagree with me, then please, by all means, go start your own website, build up your contacts, and write about whatever it is you want to write about.
Eighty88Eight
That WAS a pretty ugly thing for me to say. apologies... I'm a big fan of the work you do and your website. it's the best boxing site on the web as far as I'm concerned. My comment wasn't intended to imply you would write something that you wouldn't, I was only highlighting your transparent protectiveness regarding all-things Mayweather.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 21 2011, 01:35 PM) *
That WAS a pretty ugly thing for me to say. apologies... I'm a big fan of the work you do and your website. it's the best boxing site on the web as far as I'm concerned. My comment wasn't intended to imply you would write something that you wouldn't, I was only highlighting your transparent protectiveness regarding all-things Mayweather.

When it comes to Mayweather, Hype is protective of him like a girlfriend is with her boyfriend. Mayweather can do no harm in his eyes. Just like he says it just a argument between a father and son and it's no big deal, which it is. But Jr and Sr are to highprofile guys in the boxing world and command attention, so it's makes it much more than just a father/son thing. If both guys were just average Joe Schoe, then oh well.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 21 2011, 04:46 PM) *
When it comes to Mayweather, Hype is protective of him like a girlfriend is with her boyfriend. Mayweather can do no harm in his eyes. Just like he says it just a argument between a father and son and it's no big deal, which it is. But Jr and Sr are to highprofile guys in the boxing world and command attention, so it's makes it much more than just a father/son thing. If both guys were just average Joe Schoe, then oh well.

It isn't a big deal. Not a bigger deal than Manny Pacquiao being exploited by Bob Arum anyway. Yet people are going to be reporting the shit out of the Sr-Jr argument, yet no one aside from Ben Thompson is talking about Bob Arum allegedly stealing money from the sports premiere athlete.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 21 2011, 03:46 PM) *

I agree, because of the personalities involved and particularly because of their history it is always going to be fun/interesting to watch a blow-up between the 2.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 21 2011, 01:59 PM) *
I'm not sensitive at all when it comes to Mayweather or Pacquiao. I could care less about what anyone has to say about them. I do, however, take offense to someone implying that I would do something that I clearly would not do and have not done. I didn't come in this thread addressing anyone and I didn't fire any shots anyone. I simply commented on the fact that, in my opinion, it's hilarious that people are looking forward to seeing an argument between a father and his son. Next thing I know, I'm being addressed and told I would do something that simply wouldn't do. I work far too hard on this website to have to deal with that kind of bullshit. If you disagree with me, then please, by all means, go start your own website, build up your contacts, and write about whatever it is you want to write about.

Dude you already know folks don't like you cause you actually tell the truth about a fighter who really can't get any positive press anywhere else so don't sweat it. Mayweather will be studied years down the line after we're all done and at least you can say you met him and gave the world the truth. Thanks for your work, this and one other site are the only ones I visit regarding boxing anymore and I love this sport.
mrchitown
I'd never revel in a father arguing with his son, but these 2 are in the spotlight so regardless it'll get blowup attention. With that said, as far as Mayweather sr goes, he needs to learn that saying less sometimes speaks volumes.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 21 2011, 02:24 PM) *
Here we go focus.gif where's the Budlight?

laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
Dont know about anyone else, but I didn't see that the arguement was even the main point to that article. I felt the article was aimed at a different subject matter entirely.

Anyway, ANYONE who airs out their grievances with family or otherwise in front of a camera deserves to have it talked about and analyzed. Isn't that why they all sign up to these shows?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 22 2011, 02:13 AM) *
Dont know about anyone else, but I didn't see that the arguement was even the main point to that article. I felt the article was aimed at a different subject matter entirely.

I agree. It was a very well written piece that I thought revealed FMJ's life from a different angle. I had no idea that he no longer is able to see 3 of his children. That explains his seemingly melancholy attitude at the original media events with his kids in tow.

How he stays focused amidst the turmoil is probably the most impressive dimension of FMJ for me.

Anyway, ANYONE who airs out their grievances with family or otherwise in front of a camera deserves to have it talked about and analyzed. Isn't that why they all sign up to these shows?

Putting the hammer on the nail right there, Lloyd.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I think Hype shpild start banning fools. Yall hoes is being a bit too disrespectful. As far as the Floyd's are concerned, there's nothing new under the sun. I wouldn't be surprised if it was for the sake of the show. Floyd said this 24/7 was going to be 'awesome' (or something like that), so we can't rule out this altercation being staged for the sake of the ratings. Something to spark a huge buzz. Idiots are already primed and prep'd for it so I must say....'mission accomplished'. Sometimes things aren't as they seem. I'll have to see it in order to say whether I think it's real or staged. Those guys have been around a long time and they want to deliver some kind of excitement for the show they created.

Ey Hype, where's my T-Shirt homie?
caneman
All I can do is laugh laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 22 2011, 06:35 AM) *
I think Hype shpild start banning fools. Yall hoes is being a bit too disrespectful. As far as the Floyd's are concerned, there's nothing new under the sun. I wouldn't be surprised if it was for the sake of the show. Floyd said this 24/7 was going to be 'awesome' (or something like that), so we can't rule out this altercation being staged for the sake of the ratings. Something to spark a huge buzz. Idiots are already primed and prep'd for it so I must say....'mission accomplished'. Sometimes things aren't as they seem. I'll have to see it in order to say whether I think it's real or staged. Those guys have been around a long time and they want to deliver some kind of excitement for the show they created.

Ey Hype, where's my T-Shirt homie?

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 22 2011, 06:59 AM) *
All I can do is laugh laugh.gif

Haz is just practicing The Hind Lick Maneuver on thehype. drag.gif
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 22 2011, 10:20 AM) *

lol
Allmenjoi8
Breaking News: Howard Stern just cursed.
Lil Floyd and Floyd Sr. getting into an argument is nothing new. For 8 years they did not speak to each other. Some people have relationships where arguing is the norm, their relationship is no different. Like someone pointed out, they are two public and polarizing figures so their spats gets more attention then Roach and Pac or Ortiz and his brother or trainer. The best part of the article was Roger's reaction: he sat there and went to his anger management meeting! Classic, I am glad Roger is learning from his classes. I am sorry to hear that he is not allowed to see his other three kids. I thought he said that they lived with him in the interview he gave Brian Kelly. Sucks.
Allmenjoi8
Lil Floyd and Floyd Sr. getting into an argument is nothing new. For 8 years they did not speak to each other. Some people have relationships where arguing is the norm, their relationship is no different. Like someone pointed out, they are two public and polarizing figures so their spats gets more attention then Roach and Pac or Ortiz and his brother or trainer. The best part of the article was Roger's reaction: he sat there and went to his anger management meeting! Classic, I am glad Roger is learning from his classes. I am sorry to hear that he is not allowed to see his other three kids. I thought he said that they lived with him in the interview he gave Brian Kelly. Sucks.
duwdu
Pretty good article. Thanks for the link 88.

P34c3
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 22 2011, 12:35 PM) *

Breaking News: Manny Pacquiao Can't Get a Handle on His Own Finances.

What's the difference right? They're the brightest stars in our favorite sport and so all news is thread-worthy if you feel like posting it. I don't see how Manny Pacquiao's finances are somehow less personal than Mayweather Jr and Sr having a falling out. Firstly, the narrative of the Mayweather family has been presented and marketed to us for at least 8 years, and secondly, unlike the Pac business, at least it's fun to read about. Pac's business is just sad. We already know he's going to be broke in 5 years.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 22 2011, 11:20 AM) *

Absolutely not! I'm just sticking with my kind. I have much respect for The Hype and what he brings to the table within the sport of boxing. I have nothing to gain and I could really give a fuck less about a T-Shirt. I can order a gang of them shits. The simple fact is that too many nuthggers come on here trying to disrespect. I feel they should choose another site if they don't like what they're reading here on FightHype.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 22 2011, 03:00 PM) *
Absolutely not! I'm just sticking with my kind. I have much respect for The Hype and what he brings to the table within the sport of boxing. I have nothing to gain and I could really give a fuck less about a T-Shirt. I can order a gang of them shits. The simple fact is that too many nuthggers come on here trying to disrespect. I feel they should choose another site if they don't like what they're reading here on FightHype.

All good Haz. I was just referring to a joke caneman told on a different thread today . . . about The Hind Lick Maneuver. The LMAO @ WBC Ratings or some shit.
checkleft
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 22 2011, 01:09 PM) *

What's the difference right? They're the brightest stars in our favorite sport and so all news is thread-worthy if you feel like posting it. I don't see how Manny Pacquiao's finances are somehow less personal than Mayweather Jr and Sr having a falling out. Firstly, the narrative of the Mayweather family has been presented and marketed to us for at least 8 years, and secondly, unlike the Pac business, at least it's fun to read about. Pac's business is just sad. We already know he's going to be broke in 5 years.

On point
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Aug 22 2011, 06:00 PM) *
I have nothing to gain and I could really give a fuck less about a T-Shirt. I can order a gang of them shits.

Then stop asking for one laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 22 2011, 12:09 PM) *

I never mentioned Pac's finances and you are right that is a tragedy waiting to happen. It is sad that super rich people still want more. I agree what you are saying and I agree with your post. My point was, the father and son had an argument and because they are who they are is even more fascinating. I just do not think it is a big deal that is all. Now do I want to see the argument: HELL YES!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 23 2011, 02:35 AM) *
I am sorry to hear that he is not allowed to see his other three kids. I thought he said that they lived with him in the interview he gave Brian Kelly. Sucks.

I am not. The guy is a criminal who has served time for violence. I certainly would not want any children in a home situation with a violent criminal.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 22 2011, 08:25 PM) *
I am not. The guy is a criminal who has served time for violence. I certainly would not want any children in a home situation with a violent criminal.

his boys should be alright once they get older. when they hit a puberty growth spurt he'll probably want them to get WADA style testing before he disciplines them.
King Eugene
The funniest part of the whole article was the reference to Roger's actions. He has always seemed like the type of "you dont bother me I wont bother you" guy so I would expect him to just sit there and watching with the "here these fools go again" face. laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 22 2011, 07:25 PM) *

When did FJ serve time for violence? You must be referring to Roger. Anytime children (unless their parents are molesting them are beating the living snot out of them amongst other things) are taken away from their parents sucks. Especially if the father wants to be in their children's lives. So Tyson should not be around his children? What a judgemental unforgivening society we live in. The fact is I am sure his children want to be around him. Anyway that is neither here nor there.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 22 2011, 08:04 PM) *
The funniest part of the whole article was the reference to Roger's actions. He has always seemed like the type of "you dont bother me I wont bother you" guy so I would expect him to just sit there and watching with the "here these fools go again" face. laugh.gif

A Q is in the house. I heard yawl tore up DC. One thing I hated about going to an HBCU was hearing Atomic Dog for days after the new Qs crossed.

Roger's actions were funny, the fact that he left to go to anger management was great.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 22 2011, 08:19 PM) *
I never mentioned Pac's finances and you are right that is a tragedy waiting to happen. It is sad that super rich people still want more. I agree what you are saying and I agree with your post. My point was, the father and son had an argument and because they are who they are is even more fascinating. I just do not think it is a big deal that is all. Now do I want to see the argument: HELL YES!

1. Yeah I know... I was just continuing my argument with Hype from another thread. He laughed off the father-son argument as non-news while he's been going on a god damn jihad exposing Pacquiao's finances. I mean, I understand he wants to expose Bob Arum (a mutual enemy he and Mayweather coincidentally share), and I don't necessarily disagree, but still. Impartiality ftw?

2. It's sad that a super rich person would want to connive behind the back of his biggest client and exploit his good-natured naivety. But, you know, the thirst for wealth and power (particularly the latter), and the quest to attain it, or more of it, through any means necessary, isn't an attitude exclusively belonging to the super rich.
Fitz
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 23 2011, 12:18 PM) *
1. Yeah I know... I was just continuing my argument with Hype from another thread. He laughed off the father-son argument as non-news while he's been going on a god damn jihad exposing Pacquiao's finances. I mean, I understand he wants to expose Bob Arum (a mutual enemy he and Mayweather coincidentally share), and I don't necessarily disagree, but still. Impartiality ftw?

Don't forget talking about how Pacquiao likes to get drunk.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 23 2011, 11:26 AM) *
When did FJ serve time for violence? You must be referring to Roger. Anytime children (unless their parents are molesting them are beating the living snot out of them amongst other things) are taken away from their parents sucks. Especially if the father wants to be in their children's lives. So Tyson should not be around his children? What a judgemental unforgivening society we live in. The fact is I am sure his children want to be around him. Anyway that is neither here nor there.

Of course I was referring to the jailbird uncle. Roger is a violent criminal who has served time so why would anyone want their children near him?

I never mentioned Floyd so I don't know where you got that idea from.
Cshel86
Floyd got into it with his father again?!

Ohhhh noooo, this is really gonna ruin the outcome of the fight...the same way it did the last 41 times. Floyd Sr. is just a jealous and resentful prune that could only dream of being the head of Floyd Jr.'s camp. The only time he appeals to me is when he does those interviews that I see on Youtube, because they are funny most of the time laugh.gif When his name is in the mix with Floyd Jr.'s, it's gonna be a guaranteed pain in the ass to hear about.
Eighty88Eight
Floyd Sr suffers from the "greatest of all time" syndrome that a lot of african american athletes and entertainers do nowadays. It's as if you can say it enough times that people eventually believe you. Jay-Z proved that. Profound insecurity. Anytime their ego's are tested, they flip out, and that's probably what happened with Senior.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 23 2011, 03:25 PM) *
Floyd Sr suffers from the "greatest of all time" syndrome that a lot of african american athletes and entertainers do nowadays. It's as if you can say it enough times that people eventually believe you. Jay-Z proved that. Profound insecurity. Anytime their ego's are tested, they flip out, and that's probably what happened with Senior.

I totally agree with that statement. If I have to hear "Hova" proclaiming he is the best one more freaking time I will scream, now Kayne is on the Bs. I think Jay is the most successful rapper but he is hardly the best. I have a top 10 rappers and he does not make it, maybe my top 50. His style is boring and he has no stage appeal just like his wife, Beyonce has 0 appeal on stage,
King Eugene
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 22 2011, 09:29 PM) *
A Q is in the house. I heard yawl tore up DC. One thing I hated about going to an HBCU was hearing Atomic Dog for days after the new Qs crossed.

Roger's actions were funny, the fact that he left to go to anger management was great.

Tore it slam up! Funny thing is they loved us! I swear I listen to Atomic Dog at least once a day! LOL

Which HBCU you went to?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 23 2011, 04:25 PM) *

Floyd actually fulfilled his conquest of being the best in boxing. Some believe that he did it in the ring, some believe that he came out better on the business side of it, and some see him succeeding in both fields. I enjoy watching him fight, and i agree with most in saying that he should've taken at least 3 more challenges in the past to shut people up. Instead, he took the fights that he wanted, built them the way he wanted, made a name for himself by relishing in the villian role, and made as much money as he could've without a middleman. With this being said, he is the last of the mohicans that I want to hear claiming to be the best in the world, building his reputation off of his '0', stunt and showoff in the ring, and make a big deal about how much he is worth before taking a fight. Mayweather has done these things and sold 10s of 1000s of tickets, miliions of PPVs, and made a ton of money doing it. I have enjoyed his ride on the wave, but these young up-and-coming fighters with no personality, are trying to emulate Floyd and they have done nothing short of made themselves along with the sport of boxing a joke.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 23 2011, 06:23 PM) *
Tore it slam up! Funny thing is they loved us! I swear I listen to Atomic Dog at least once a day! LOL

Which HBCU you went to?

Thee greatest HBCU ever created: HEY TUSKEGEE...WHOA...WHOA! I had so much fun in school. I wanted pledge but of course the dirty Delta's got kicked off the yard for the nastiest thing... and I was not about to pledge AKA...Red is my favorite color. I hope you do not listen to Atomic Dog once a day, that's way too much. Which version the extended one or the regular one?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 23 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Thee greatest HBCU ever created: HEY TUSKEGEE...WHOA...WHOA! I had so much fun in school. I wanted pledge but of course the dirty Delta's got kicked off the yard for the nastiest thing... and I was not about to pledge AKA...Red is my favorite color. I hope you do not listen to Atomic Dog once a day, that's way too much. Which version the extended one or the regular one?

Dirty Delta's? laugh.gif

I be tired after about 3 hops. Aint no way I'm listening to the extended version unless they play it while I'm at a club or something lol.
Eighty88Eight
get this bullshit discussion out of my thread
sduck
This isn't very relevant to Boxing IMO. Pacquiao's issues that have been headlined by BT are more relevant to his boxing career, than Floyd Jr & Sr's arguments are relevant to FMJ's career. They've never fully gotten along and it's not like Sr is training Jr for any upcoming fights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.