Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Biggest punch?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
I'm looking for fights where a fighter stood up to a monster shot or got up from one.

Lewis-Klitschko: That gigantic uppercut that Lennox landed on Vitali (round 4?) was a monster that would have dropped most Heavies. Although the thud and impact was visible as Vitali's head snapped back the older bro took the shot extremely well and didn't even seem in danger afterwards.

Donaire-Montiel: People still look at this fight as a big KO instead of the TKO that it ended up being. How Montiel beat the count from a shot that had him having a small fit like seizure on the canvas is as impressive as the face shifting shot that landed on him.

Bowe-Holyfield: May have been the 10th round of their first where Bowe lands a big shot that appeared to momentarily take everything away from Holyfield that left him with his hands dropping and stumbling all over the ring to see the end of the round and fight.

Ward-Gatti: The left hook to the body by Ward that had Gatti dropping to the canvas wincing gasping for air. Every time I watch that fight I still think Gatti is going to get counted out by Cappacino or at least waved off who ends up getting up on the dot to last the distance.

Which examples yous got?
zucrates
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Aug 21 2011, 11:42 PM) *
I'm looking for fights where a fighter stood up to a monster shot or got up from one.

Lewis-Klitschko: That gigantic uppercut that Lennox landed on Vitali (round 4?) was a monster that would have dropped most Heavies. Although the thud and impact was visible as Vitali's head snapped back the older bro took the shot extremely well and didn't even seem in danger afterwards.

Donaire-Montiel: People still look at this fight as a big KO instead of the TKO that it ended up being. How Montiel beat the count from a shot that had him having a small fit like seizure on the canvas is as impressive as the face shifting shot that landed on him.

Bowe-Holyfield: May have been the 10th round of their first where Bowe lands a big shot that appeared to momentarily take everything away from Holyfield that left him with his hands dropping and stumbling all over the ring to see the end of the round and fight.

Ward-Gatti: The left hook to the body by Ward that had Gatti dropping to the canvas wincing gasping for air. Every time I watch that fight I still think Gatti is going to get counted out by Cappacino or at least waved off who ends up getting up on the dot to last the distance.

Which examples yous got?

Tyson vs Douglas Tyson knocked Douglas down first

STEVENSKI
I still think one of the biggest shots I have seen landed was Barkley on Duran in round 5?

Certainly it is one that I remember clearly thinking how is he not out cold??
blackbelt2003
The first round of Lennox Lewis-Mike Grant.

After a couple knockdowns, Lewis NAILS him with a monster right hand that crumples him to the floor, laid out like a wet towel fell off the clothes line.

I still can't believe he managed to struggle up from that one, and even went on to try and fight back in the 2nd before being stretched out for good.

Black
lloyd mayflower
Enzo Maccarinneli's last beating (received) where Alexander Frenkel floored him with a huge shot and he was completely gone. He struggled up and didnt even see the brutal combe that Frenkel finished the job with.
SmartyBeardo
I'm still trying to figure out how Barrett managed to get up and finish the 12th to get the decision after being Ruized by Tua a couple of weeks back. He should be waking up right about now.

How the hell Frazier keeps getting up v Foreman in the first fight still amazes me.
Maxy
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 22 2011, 05:04 AM) *

Thank you, Maxy.

Larry Holmes = GOAT Heart.
Maxy
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 22 2011, 08:09 AM) *
Thank you, Maxy.

Haven't managed to find a good Youtube clip of him being floored by Renaldo Snipes....I think it was the 7th round and he goes down hard, wobbles into the ropes and is literally all over the place. Somehow he turns it around though and is the aggressor later in the round. I don't know how he did it but his powers of recovery are amongst the greatest to ever step in the ring.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 22 2011, 05:17 AM) *
Haven't managed to find a good Youtube clip of him being floored by Renaldo Snipes....I think it was the 7th round and he goes down hard, wobbles into the ropes and is literally all over the place. Somehow he turns it around though and is the aggressor later in the round. I don't know how he did it but his powers of recovery are amongst the greatest to ever step in the ring.

I would with out doubt say The Greatest. He refused to lose his crown.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Aug 22 2011, 05:08 AM) *
Caught the replay of Barret-Tua II couple nights and the way Barrett was laying underneath those ropes like that looked like road kill for a moment.

How about Ali getting up from the Fraizer left hook at the end in their first fight! Not only did Ali get drop hard from that shot but got up from it by the count of 4!

Not just that. Look at the shots he takes for the rest of the round.
Cshel86
Acelino Freitas vs Jorge Barrios: At the sound of the closing bell in round 11, Freitas threw a right hand from hell, that fucked Barrios's world up! Barrios barely made the count, and needless to say, the fight ended shortly after the start of the final round.

HaydelHammer
Byrd vs Ike...lol Ike damn near detached byrd head from this body. Byrd was done but he managed to get up from that nuclear attack.

caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 22 2011, 07:56 AM) *

Not just that. Look at the shots he takes for the rest of the round.

My 1st closed circuit fight( I was 8 or 9), those 2 guys were amazing in the ring together. Ali took massive shots and I forget if it was SI or something else but I remember after Frazier broke his jaw the cover said 'the jaw is broke but the mouth lives on" , and I remember Ali invading Frazier's camp with a trip across the bridge from Cherry Hill, NJ. Man those were the days!

Oh, great call on Montiel, to get up from that was amazing, it's sucks that fight didn't go more rounds...it would have been really interesting!
caneman
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Aug 22 2011, 08:44 AM) *
Byrd vs Ike...lol Ike damn near detached byrd head from this body. Byrd was done but he managed to get up from that nuclear attack.

Good call on the one!
Romulus9
Check out the last 90 seconds of George Foreman vs. Rocky Sekorski. I can't believe Rocky finished that fight on his feet because he got hit with some absolutely ridiculous shots.
Cshel86
I have to give it to Juan Manuel Marquez for surviving those 3 knockdowns in the 1st round against Pacquiao in their first fight. To get hit with that many hard punches, that many times, with that much time left on the clock was a freakin' miracle imo. Dude took that much punishment early, just to get up and fight to a draw. I wasn't even in his shoes fighting that night, but that 1st round seemed to have lasted an eternity no2.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Aug 22 2011, 09:44 AM) *

Yeah I definitely grabbed my neck to make sure it was still on it's axis, after Ibeabuchi landed that left. That big barbarian lookin' mofo was putting in some good work against those ropes before the knockdown, no matter how much Chris Byrd tried to play it off. Byrd definitely needed a baby bib after getting up from that knockdown...dude had gerber dripping from his mouth laugh.gif
and the NEW
Hmmmmm. This thread makes me think of Tito Trinidad opponents. Quite a few got up from thunderous shots, unfortunately for them, only to be put straight back from where they came.

Cshel86
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Aug 22 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Hmmmmm. This thread makes me think of Tito Trinidad opponents. Quite a few got up from thunderous shots, unfortunately for them, only to be put straight back from where they came.

Man all I could think about was the Vargas fight when you brought up Tito's name, smh. Vargas was a game fighter that night, but he couldn't really hang with Tito's skill. Im not the biggest Trinidad fan either, but they put up a great fight that night.
and the NEW
Vargas, Reid, Joppy, Mayorga. They all took huge shots and stood right back up. Probably should have just stayed down becuase some of them were ruined after those beat downs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.