Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LMAO @ The WBC, Alexander #2 WW????
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
I about spit out my coffee when I seen this and the ABC's are getting to be a joke! I mean why do so many shit on some fighters and worship other? Look how they shit on Gamboa for example...it's become beyond a joke!!!! http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168693-...hind-mayweather

Speaking of jokes, it's old but still funny!!!

Two hillbillies are having lunch when a woman seated nearby begins to choke. Hillbilly asks her,"kin ya swallar?" The woman shakes her head no. Hillbilly asks her "kin ya breathe?" Woman shakes her head no. Hillbilly walks over,lifts up her dress, yanks down britches and licks her butt cheek. The woman has a violent spasm and spits out food. The hillbillies' buddy says "ya know,I heerd of that there hind lick maneuver but I aint niver seed nobody do it"

Cshel86
WTF?! Dude hasn't even lifted a finger at Welterweight, let alone, been impressive at Jr Welterweight. His only impressive performance at JW was against Urango, and that fight made a statement for him to be recognized as a top contender that's entertaining.

Kotlenik fight: He stunk it up and wiggled his way to a hometown victory
Bradley fight: Game-blower! Layed an egg...
Matthysse fight: Completely killed his final shot at keeping a buzz and let the sport down for good. Alexander/Matthysse was supposed to set the summer on fire for boxing, buy yet it layed a turd on it and started a nasty trend of summertime bs fights.
caneman
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 22 2011, 11:13 AM) *
WTF?! Dude hasn't even lifted a finger at Welterweight, let alone, been impressive at Jr Welterweight. His only impressive performance at JW was against Urango, and that fight made a statement for him to be recognized as a top contender that's entertaining.

Kotlenik fight: He stunk it up and wiggled his way to a hometown victory
Bradley fight: Game-blower! Layed an egg...
Matthysse fight: Completely killed his final shot at keeping a buzz and let the sport down for good. Alexander/Matthysse was supposed to set the summer on fire for boxing, buy yet it layed a turd on it and started a nasty trend of summertime bs fights.

Yea the whole ABC thing and rankings are a joke, I mean Gamboa is a perfect example...I mean look @ 126 and where is Gamboa? I mean how can he not be 2nd @ the very least? http://www.fightnews.com/rankings-2
duwdu
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 22 2011, 12:42 PM) *
Yea the whole ABC thing and rankings are a joke, I mean Gamboa is a perfect example...I mean look @ 126 and where is Gamboa? I mean how can he not be 2nd @ the very least? http://www.fightnews.com/rankings-2

I agree with the title of the thread. 'Nuff said.

BTW, can anyone explain why fightnews rates Guerrero below Katsidis @ LW? Guerrero already soundly defeated Katsidis.

P34c3
Mean Mister Mustard
The alphabet gang ratings are joke. The less attention we pay them, the more irrelevant they become.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 22 2011, 03:56 PM) *
The alphabet gang ratings are joke. The less attention we pay them, the more irrelevant they become.

you are right but thats sad to say... the belts are becoming meaningless... only reason certain fighters may want them at this point is for the recognition or a reason to hype a ppv event etc... joe blow doesnt know who champ is anymore... they know who the named fighters are... i could be wrong but im not even sure the klitschko name is a household name... least not here in the states... and they are the dominant champs in the division... same thing with andre ward and a lot of other fighters that we as hard core fans look at as dominant fighters the average joe blow doesnt know who they are... that wasnt always the case... used to be even people who didnt know the sport or even follow casually knew the names of most of the high profile champs of the sport... just rubbin my chin at the state of the sport right now...
checkleft
I never bought into Alexanders hype. He still punches like an amateur, slapping shots like calzaghe. He will never be great because he shows no signs of changing the one and only way he knows how to fight.
Jack 1000
There are better rating systems than the alphabet federations. The problem is that no better system has ever come along to successfully overthrow the alphabet organizations. The ratings may be meaningless in the eyes of many people. But you're not going after real power unless you prohibit them from doing the fights in the first place.

You would almost have to have Ring titles being required to be defended on HBO, Showtime, and PPV telecasts. There are no requirements to defending Ring titles. You can ignore the alphabet federations all you want, but they haven't gone away since the 60's for the WBA and WBC. The IBF in early 1984, and the WBO in 1989.

Until you get something that gongs the alphabets out of power. It's not gonna matter. One belt one champion could also create a monopoly with someone like Golden Boy and HBO buying up the ratings. This would make things no better than they are now.

My friends have always said, get somebody with the money and the power to get a better system of rating contenders. No one has been able to do that. Ring won't work, because Ring can't FORCE fights to happen. Ring can't mandate elimination fights between the #1 and #2 contenders. They can only publish the RESULTS of past fights, and rate accordingly. The alphabet organizations can and do enforce elimination matches. The bullshit is that they don't rank the champions of the other organizations, and this practice needs to change.

The next best thing would be a call to all four organizations to force elimination tournaments so that each championship belt holder goes through a process of elimination to get to undisputed champion status. When a champion retires, or is beaten, you have the on-going elimination process. I would like to see fan involvement with on-line polling and schedules, so that fans can follow the tournament. And as a special bonus, tournament finals for undisputed titles are fought at 15 rounds, with only the most experience refs assigned to help produce fighter safety with the older championship distance. The other title bouts are all 12 rounds. Non-title bouts are 10 rounds.

Fan involvement in these tournaments would insure that people would know who the fighters and the champions are. It would be a great advancement in the sport of boxing!

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 22 2011, 05:12 PM) *
you are right but thats sad to say... the belts are becoming meaningless... only reason certain fighters may want them at this point is for the recognition or a reason to hype a ppv event etc... joe blow doesnt know who champ is anymore... they know who the named fighters are... i could be wrong but im not even sure the klitschko name is a household name... least not here in the states... and they are the dominant champs in the division... same thing with andre ward and a lot of other fighters that we as hard core fans look at as dominant fighters the average joe blow doesnt know who they are... that wasnt always the case... used to be even people who didnt know the sport or even follow casually knew the names of most of the high profile champs of the sport... just rubbin my chin at the state of the sport right now...

Yeah a lot of fighters still want to fight for the straps, usually because their promoters force them to, since they have ties with them. Also, if I'm correct, with a belt in their possession they can command a higher purse.

Jack, the Ring might not be able to enforce mandatory defenses, but I would say their system is the best we have right now. They do try and put pressure on Champions to fight the no.1 contender, and usually that does end up happening, because usually the fights make sense from a business standpoint. Still, sometimes the magazine's pleas will go unnoticed and the big fights never take place, but I really like their system better than that of the ABC's.

King Eugene
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 22 2011, 10:34 AM) *
Speaking of jokes, it's old but still funny!!!

Two hillbillies are having lunch when a woman seated nearby begins to choke. Hillbilly asks her,"kin ya swallar?" The woman shakes her head no. Hillbilly asks her "kin ya breathe?" Woman shakes her head no. Hillbilly walks over,lifts up her dress, yanks down britches and licks her butt cheek. The woman has a violent spasm and spits out food. The hillbillies' buddy says "ya know,I heerd of that there hind lick maneuver but I aint niver seed nobody do it"

ROTFLMAO...man you had me in tears reading that shit! Too fucking funny!
caneman
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 22 2011, 08:35 PM) *
ROTFLMAO...man you had me in tears reading that shit! Too fucking funny!

Should we hijack this shit and turn it into a joke thread? laugh.gif

This guy goes to the tattoo parlor and tells the guy he wants a $100 bill tattooed on his pecker and the guy says why the fuck would you want that? He said, well for #1 I like to hold on to my money, for #2 I like to see my money grow and for #3, my old lady can blow a $100 bill faster than anyone I know! rolleyes_anim.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 22 2011, 06:36 PM) *
Yeah a lot of fighters still want to fight for the straps, usually because their promoters force them to, since they have ties with them. Also, if I'm correct, with a belt in their possession they can command a higher purse.

Jack, the Ring might not be able to enforce mandatory defenses, but I would say their system is the best we have right now. They do try and put pressure on Champions to fight the no.1 contender, and usually that does end up happening, because usually the fights make sense from a business standpoint. Still, sometimes the magazine's pleas will go unnoticed and the big fights never take place, but I really like their system better than that of the ABC's.

Agreed,

All the alphabet federations strip fighters WAY TOO MUCH for bullshit reasons. The worst for stripping fighters is the IBF IMO.

Jack
Nay_Sayer
My question is; why did the WBC rate Alexander so highly? Don King? The pickings @ 147 are kinda slim these days. Who should be rated ahead of him?
jimmygootz
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 22 2011, 03:56 PM) *

Gangs is an understatment. Mafia, maybe?

Alexander has got skills and is a helluva fighter, but it's clear he's maxed out his potential with what he's doing now. I hope he reinvents himself and can stay relevant.
EAlbian
QUOTE (jimmygootz @ Aug 23 2011, 10:35 AM) *
Gangs is an understatment. Mafia, maybe?

Alexander has got skills and is a helluva fighter, but it's clear he's maxed out his potential with what he's doing now. I hope he reinvents himself and can stay relevant.

I think that's all we can hope, I believe Cunningham has taken Devon as far as he can bring him. Devon is no longer an amateur, he needs to learn to sit down on his punches and fight tall. I'd love to see Cunningham stay as manager and chief second and bring in someone like Manny Steward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.