Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ortiz's future after the fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 05:54 PM) *
you're an idiot

if you struggle against javier capetillo, you're not touching floyd either.......... right?

Javier Capetillo? The trainer? Jose Luis Castillo? That was like 10 years ago and Floyd was moving up to face a very skilled champion, best in the division, in his first fight at the weight. idk how you can compare the two, Ortiz hasn't fought near the competition that Castillo had at that point. You can make more of a correlation to Mayweather being the more experienced guy who has been at the weight and Ortiz being the young guy moving into the division.

Floyd wasn't suppose to white wash Castillo either, it was suppose to be a tough fight for him, he was moving up in weight to challenge a battle tested champion
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Dude Berto was Ortiz's last fight. He had to dig down deep to come off the canvas to beat Andre Berto in his last fight. Fuck don't you think that's relative when your next fight is Floyd Mayweather?

Oh and before that he drew with Lamont Peterson.

So let me see a guy coming of a draw with a C+ level guy and a tough win against a B- Level champ is ready to go against the arguably p4p champ of the world? Haha you're the idiot pal, stop trying to polish this turd.

The only Javier Capetillo I ever heard of was that piece of shit trainer of Margarito's so I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

whatever the fuck his name is, the guy that fought de la hoya at junior middleweight
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 10:17 AM) *
whatever the fuck his name is, the guy that fought de la hoya at junior middleweight

Just answer the first part of the post it's the most relevant. See I need to get you to admit that a draw over Peterson and tough win over Berto means you are ready for Floyd. That alone will prove your lunacy. Shoot I'm not even gonna throw in the quitting against Maidana.

Also Floyd looks to be a bigger WW to me than Berto and he is fucken strong. If Ortiz thinks he can bully him he will be very mistaken. This a good tune-up for Floyd but lets be serious it won't go down as one of his great wins.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 06:17 PM) *

??? Javier Castillejo? Mayeather never fought him
sduck
I agree with you for the most part, in the past couple of pages Ollie about Ortiz not being ready for Mayweather, but it is a good fight for Mayweather at 147 because Ortiz is a legitimate world champ, he's much bigger then Floyd, he's ten years younger, he's in his prime... It shuts down the recent criticism of Floyd not fighting legitimate or prime Welterweights. Also to mention the fact that the 147 division is pretty much shit now. Mayweather does look considerably bigger, but I think he wants to stay at 147 for now for the potential fight with Pacquiao.
gravytrain
the big thing in this fight is the difference in skill level between Mayweather and Ortiz and Ortiz's opponents and Mayweather. Ortiz has success and can knock opponents down when they stand with him but movement and angles will take those openings away. the ref wont let him fight inside either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 26 2011, 10:38 AM) *
I agree with you for the most part, in the past couple of pages Ollie about Ortiz not being ready for Mayweather, but it is a good fight for Mayweather at 147 because Ortiz is a legitimate world champ, he's much bigger then Floyd, he's ten years younger, he's in his prime... It shuts down the recent criticism of Floyd not fighting legitimate or prime Welterweights. Also to mention the fact that the 147 division is pretty much shit now. Mayweather does look considerably bigger, but I think he wants to stay at 147 for now for the potential fight with Pacquiao.

Make no mistake, I've never said it was a bad fight because who else outside of that other guy is there for Floyd to fight at 147? What I am saying though is relatively speaking this should be a walk in the park for Floyd. Ortiz brings nothing new to the table. He fought a bigger guy in Fishnets at 154.

If this is Ortiz's prime it's scary to think that he can only draw with Peterson and get off the floor against Berto. I actually think Ortiz's prime (hopefully he doesn't get too beaten up against Mayweather) is yet to come.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 25 2011, 06:37 PM) *
??? Javier Castillejo? Mayeather never fought him

yeah that guy, de la hoya looked like shit against him, and he came out and didn't look much better against Floyd, yet he gave him a tough fight
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 06:25 PM) *
Just answer the first part of the post it's the most relevant. See I need to get you to admit that a draw over Peterson and tough win over Berto means you are ready for Floyd. That alone will prove your lunacy. Shoot I'm not even gonna throw in the quitting against Maidana.

Also Floyd looks to be a bigger WW to me than Berto and he is fucken strong. If Ortiz thinks he can bully him he will be very mistaken. This a good tune-up for Floyd but lets be serious it won't go down as one of his great wins.

i didn't say he was ready, i said he can give him a good fight, and it'll be floyd's best win at welterweight. i seem to recall floyd almost getting his ass stretched against a washed up mosley who was throwing wide ass punches. ortiz is a crisper puncher than mosley, has more stamina, and probably more courage at this point. what're you getting so musky about, dummy? go fly a kite or something
Eighty88Eight
wheres my wife at to defend me? allmenjoi? these bullies are getting all musky on me :[
sduck
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 07:05 PM) *
Make no mistake, I've never said it was a bad fight because who else outside of that other guy is there for Floyd to fight at 147? What I am saying though is relatively speaking this should be a walk in the park for Floyd. Ortiz brings nothing new to the table. He fought a bigger guy in Fishnets at 154.

If this is Ortiz's prime it's scary to think that he can only draw with Peterson and get off the floor against Berto. I actually think Ortiz's prime (hopefully he doesn't get too beaten up against Mayweather) is yet to come.

I see Ortiz's career going two ways when he loses; Either it'll make him a star or back to a no body.

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 07:44 PM) *
yeah that guy, de la hoya looked like shit against him, and he came out and didn't look much better against Floyd, yet he gave him a tough fight

??? De La Hoya fought Castillejo in 2001, that's way before he fought Mayweather.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 25 2011, 08:00 PM) *
I see Ortiz's career going two ways when he loses; Either it'll make him a star or back to a no body.

??? De La Hoya fought Castillejo in 2001, that's way before he fought Mayweather.

he looked that awful that long ago? and yet came back, looked like shit against Floyd, shoeshined all night, yet still got the split decision? the guy who supposed to get tuned up against ortiz? pshhhh, Musk is crazy, i don't know if he's a mayweather cum cruncher because he thinks he's that good, or if he's a pacquiao cum cruncher as to not give floyd credit. either way, cum he's a crunchin'.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 11:49 AM) *
i didn't say he was ready, i said he can give him a good fight, and it'll be floyd's best win at welterweight. i seem to recall floyd almost getting his ass stretched against a washed up mosley who was throwing wide ass punches. ortiz is a crisper puncher than mosley, has more stamina, and probably more courage at this point. what're you getting so musky about, dummy? go fly a kite or something

No he can't.

If this will be Floyd's best win at WW (in your eyes) than that is a pretty sorry ass resume at WW.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 08:23 PM) *
No he can't.

If this will be Floyd's best win at WW (in your eyes) than that is a pretty sorry ass resume at WW.

yes he can. his resume isn't that bad, but it is fairly unbecoming for the world's best fighter though. judah? baldomir? old mosley? sharmba mitchel? marquez? ortiz is the best challenge out of that bunch, coupled with the circumstances. you're just a musky knucklehead. berto and ortiz would have beaten all those guys too.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 12:28 PM) *
yes he can. his resume isn't that bad, but it is fairly unbecoming for the world's best fighter though. judah? baldomir? old mosley? sharmba mitchel? marquez? ortiz is the best challenge out of that bunch, coupled with the circumstances. you're just a musky knucklehead. berto and ortiz would have beaten all those guys too.

Haha I'm not so sure. That's how little I rate either of these guys (but I do actually like Ortiz, I'm hoping he wins, just he won't.)

The only musky knucklehead head here is you brother, as you can see you're in the vast minority on this one and you're stoopid enough to have now got it into your head that you think you're gonna pick up a chick on the message boards of a boxing forum. Mate she's only got eyes for Floyd laugh.gif
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Haha I'm not so sure. That's how little I rate either of these guys (but I do actually like Ortiz, I'm hoping he wins, just he won't.)

The only musky knucklehead head here is you brother, as you can see you're in the vast minority on this one and you're stoopid enough to have now got it into your head that you think you're gonna pick up a chick on the message boards of a boxing forum. Mate she's only got eyes for Floyd laugh.gif

what do you mean? she proposed to me

no, you're a knucklehead.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 12:44 PM) *

laugh.gif Can't top that one. The ole I see your knucklehead and raise you a knucklehead.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 07:49 PM) *

when did Mayweather almost get stretched out by Mosley? that punch wasn't wide either. the closest Mosley got to getting Mayweather in trouble was buckling his knees.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 07:38 PM) *

Floyd isn't the only one I have eyes for: 1. FMJ 2. Andre Ward 3. Santana Moss 4. Cam Newton 5. Ray Rice 6. Jose Reyes 7. Matt Kemp there is my list.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 07:44 PM) *

I proposed?
Eighty88Eight
we talked it over for awhile, but i promised only to marry her only if she was pregnant, but we couldn't come to an agreement over the pregnancy testing protocol.
Eighty88Eight
so we'll be fucking other, lesser, people in the interim. hopefully we can talk things over in the future, but only after she stops flirting with knucklehead, whatshisface.
Eighty88Eight
he's just her fuckin gopher anyway.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 26 2011, 02:53 PM) *
I proposed?

No you didn't, he's projecting his own fantasies into your posts laugh.gif

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 11:10 PM) *
we talked it over for awhile, but i promised only to marry her only if she was pregnant, but we couldn't come to an agreement over the pregnancy testing protocol.

I would like to have WADA do the testing and USADA oversee it. BUt Clear Blue will do just fine....

As for sexing lesser people, I can't do that, I have dignity you know....

As for as Ortiz's future is concerned it all depends on how he fights, it really does. He can have so many great fights after this. I wonder if May will bring up the fact that Ortiz's parents walked out on him? Low blow it would be but entertaining nevertheless.
Eighty88Eight
it'd be amusing if Mayweather talked about Ortiz' parents walking out on him during the same episode he and his father had that nasty falling out
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 01:54 PM) *
it'd be amusing if Mayweather talked about Ortiz' parents walking out on him during the same episode he and his father had that nasty falling out

That is what we would call irony. The fact that Floyd Sr. is important because he did teach Lil Floyd the foundation of his skills. Lil Floyd took what his father taught him and mastered it.

Ortiz's parents gave him the fuel to be a boxer. They gave him that edge that he needed. The "fuck the world" complex. Which helps if you are a boxer. I just hope that Ortiz can perform, maybe another Berto performance but of course Lil Floyd ain't Berto so that is where the rubber meets the road. EIther way, it will be very exciting fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 27 2011, 11:12 AM) *
If Ortiz wins (and he does have an outside chance) he will become the star he was projected to be, overnight. His story is classic. He is Mexican American. He would hit the talk show circuit. He would get endorsements for booze and clothes and cars.

If Ortiz loses ( which is more than likely), his future will still be bright, unless he quits.

Exactly! He better tap Mayweather a couple of good times to get some respect, and hope to not lose in a bad fashion.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 28 2011, 07:39 AM) *
Exactly! He better tap Mayweather a couple of good times to get some respect, and hope to not lose in a bad fashion.

Yep I agree. If I was Ortiz's management my true hope for this fight is that Victor loses well if that make any sense. For example I became a Pac fan after seeing him take a terrffic loss to Morales. I was big Morales fan going into the fight but after I came out of the fight a fan of both guys.
gravytrain
i don't see Ortiz winning many rounds, maybe none. i do think Mayweather will make this a fan friendly fight though. i see him letting Ortiz do enough to keep the crowd happy.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 28 2011, 12:00 PM) *
i don't see Ortiz winning many rounds, maybe none. i do think Mayweather will make this a fan friendly fight though. i see him letting Ortiz do enough to keep the crowd happy.

To be honest I see Vic winning 2 rounds max. I'm hoping he wins a few more and hits Floyd in the nuts at least once, however hope is the operative word.
duwdu
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 27 2011, 11:12 AM) *
If Ortiz wins (and he does have an outside chance) he will become the star he was projected to be, overnight. His story is classic. He is Mexican American. He would hit the talk show circuit. He would get endorsements for booze and clothes and cars.

If Ortiz loses ( which is more than likely), his future will still be bright, unless he quits.

That's pretty much it.

P34c3
CrazyBuffalO
Ortiz doesn't have anything to lose in this fight.

If he wins, then good for him. He's an instant god in the boxing world.

If he loses, then it's still good coz there's no shame in losing to the best boxer the world has today.
Eighty88Eight
he could always lose his dignity, his pride, and his recently acquired confidence if he bitchquits again
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 08:11 PM) *
he could always lose his dignity, his pride, and his recently acquired confidence

What dignity is there? His win against Berto was an accidental one. It was a very close fight. It's not like he played Berto.

And pride? It's not like he's been winning and winning. His win over Berto was just a freak.

And as for confidence...
Losing gives one more confidence than you could imagine. Losing gives a fighter a sense of wanting to "avenge" his loss. So on the contrary, losing would give him more confidence to fight back in his career.
SmartyBeardo
Ortiz is on that interview show that took Larry King's place tonight - Pierce Morgan Tonight or something like that.
streetlion1
Too many people are sleeping on Ortiz....I dont think he's gonna win but I think the fight is gonna be much closer than everyone expects. Along the lines of 115-113....the one thing I hope Ortiz finds is his jab...hes never really used one effectively.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 1 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Too many people are sleeping on Ortiz....I dont think he's gonna win but I think the fight is gonna be much closer than everyone expects. Along the lines of 115-113....the one thing I hope Ortiz finds is his jab...hes never really used one effectively.

Ortiz and jab is like saying Black and unity.... The two should go together but it never happens.
gravytrain
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:53 AM) *

i'll sig bet you on it. i'll take Mayweather by wide decision and you can get Mayweather by close decision if you want.
Allmenjoi8
Ortiz is talking way too much shit. He better not write a check that his ass can't cash. I guess he should not kiss May's ass but to say that he is overrated is plain dumb. This is a guy who said that he does not remember the Marcos M. fight... I hope he does not take Oscar's advice. I really do. Oscar is a recovering coke head how reliable can he be? Another thing Victor has 0 jab, I am wondering how will he approach May. Victor better make this fight interesting.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:58 PM) *
Ortiz is talking way too much shit. He better not write a check that his ass can't cash. I guess he should not kiss May's ass but to say that he is overrated is plain dumb. This is a guy who said that he does not remember the Marcos M. fight... I hope he does not take Oscar's advice. I really do. Oscar is a recovering coke head how reliable can he be? Another thing Victor has 0 jab, I am wondering how will he approach May. Victor better make this fight interesting.

haha, its a fight. I'm glad hes talking shit and pounding his chest. I hope he goes in there and makes Mayweather work and we get a great fight out of it. De La Hoya has been the closest fight to Mayweather in the last 5 years and is a gold medalist and a 6 division WC, if i was Ortiz i'd be all ears.
Cshel86

I guess it's okay for him to talk shit, even though Mayweather doesn't make it easy for anybody to top him in that department. As much as May talks, it tends to make everybody forget about his opponent, lol. Though Ortiz may be suffering from "delusions of adequacy", it may just give him some type of motivation since his trainers are too busy working full-time jobs, lol. Ortiz doesn't have to lay down so soon...Im sure that he can wait until the 17th laugh.gif
gravytrain

Mayweather said he made 300 million when he couldn't fight due to being too busy hitting women and telling rent-a-cops he's people to handle them. how reliable can he be?

it's a fight, he's supposed to build it up. it's expected in boxing.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 2 2011, 12:09 AM) *
She doesn't understand this, I tried to explain this to her, but for some reason, she can't see the difference in taking some advice on board. She is acting like he is actually going to be training Ortiz for the fight, lol.

I don't want to say its because she's a girl and most girls tend to have skewed vision of what a "fight" entails but i think that may play into it haha. No disrespect to women, because some women can really scrap, but most have never been in a real fight. The rush is incredible and if you don't go in there believing you can win then someones gonna take your heart and you're gonna be reduced to a shell
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 1 2011, 11:09 PM) *
She doesn't understand this, I tried to explain this to her, but for some reason, she can't see the difference in taking some advice on board. She is acting like he is actually going to be training Ortiz for the fight, lol.

Not qualified to train anyone in boxing now tennis is a different story. And you stink at explaining things.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 1 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Mayweather said he made 300 million when he couldn't fight due to being too busy hitting women and telling rent-a-cops he's people to handle them. how reliable can he be?

And what proof is there that he hit a woman and that he had issues with his security. So far no arrest have been made until that happens, holla at me. How reliable can claims be when there is no proof. Here is what an accusation is like: I am suing gravystrain for having sex with my goat. In the past Gravytrain has been seen with goats and his close relationship with goats has raised eyebrows. No one has ever seen him abuse a goat before but his closeness to goats has everyone wondering what he does with these goats. Since my goat came up pregnant (I know a human can not reproduce with an animal) and Gravy train was last seen with my goat then he has to be the person that got my goat pregnant. I have 0 proof or evidence of this but still its Gravytrain and we know he has a thing for goats.... see how that works?

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 1 2011, 11:29 PM) *
I don't want to say its because she's a girl and most girls tend to have skewed vision of what a "fight" entails but i think that may play into it haha. No disrespect to women, because some women can really scrap, but most have never been in a real fight. The rush is incredible and if you don't go in there believing you can win then someones gonna take your heart and you're gonna be reduced to a shell

I am not saying he isn't suppose to talks smack but the things that he is saying is a little stupid "He is overrated" "He is not as good as everyone says he is" "Floyd who?"I totally believe you are suppose to have all confidence in the world, I really do but if Alabama St played the University of Alabama in anything they will realize that this isn't an average team that they are playing. In order to be the best and beat the best you have to know what your enemy's strengths are "Art of War." To not recogize that is a little foolish.

In boxing you have to have 100000000000000000000% in yourself and your abilities. If I am playing Serena Williams in the US Open Final and someone ask me what I think about Serena Williams I am not going to say "Serena who? She is not as good as people say she is." Not only am I asking for an ass beating but I am not recognizing what made her a champion. I am saying with Ortiz he is not being realistic. Talk shit great, makes the fight more interesting it truly does but just make sure all that you are barking you can back it up. Do not go into the ring delusional, thinking you are in the ring with a B fighter. That is all I am saying.
gonefishing
Woman and boxing? Hah.
Cshel86
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:53 AM) *

Yeah that's the key...he has to find it...only if he wants to try and box with Floyd all night. You did say you 'hope', and also mentioned the fact that he's never really used it effectively, so that covers it. There's no doubt that this will be a good scrap because Ortiz has seen hard times in his career and Mayweather has the most to lose, but if all else fails...the great undercards will soften the blow of a dull main event. My only hope is that this shit doesn't get stopped because of a cut...now that would be a letdown.
Eighty88Eight
Ortiz shouldn't bother with a jab. He doesn't have the defense to get into a jabbing contest with Mayweather. He'll have a better chance simply trying to bum rush Floyd into the ropes and pounding away.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 2 2011, 08:58 AM) *
This aint tennis or football, BabyBack.

Ortiz is doing his job, hyping the fight and tryin' to mess with FMJ's head. If FMJ get's his panties as stained as yours about Ortiz's shit talk, mission accomplished. Course FMJ is boxing's Serena Williams and you aint the Victor Ortiz of tennis. FMJ is working harder than he has ever worked according to his camp. There are reasons for that.

Baby backs? I stated that I understood what he was doing but he is adding to fuel to the fire. Did I say I was the Victor Ortiz of tennis, stay on topic! 16 month layoff is why he is working twice as hard plus Vic is younger. Beardo ok.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 2 2011, 07:58 AM) *
Not qualified to train anyone in boxing now tennis is a different story. And you stink at explaining things.

And what proof is there that he hit a woman and that he had issues with his security. So far no arrest have been made until that happens, holla at me. How reliable can claims be when there is no proof. Here is what an accusation is like: I am suing gravystrain for having sex with my goat. In the past Gravytrain has been seen with goats and his close relationship with goats has raised eyebrows. No one has ever seen him abuse a goat before but his closeness to goats has everyone wondering what he does with these goats. Since my goat came up pregnant (I know a human can not reproduce with an animal) and Gravy train was last seen with my goat then he has to be the person that got my goat pregnant. I have 0 proof or evidence of this but still its Gravytrain and we know he has a thing for goats.... see how that works?

what proof is there that he hasn't? and he did get arrested. he gets arrested more time in a year than he fights these days. what you're talking about is speculation. it would be like if i speculated you've a poster of Mayweather with a sharpie sticking out of it and it gets you through lonely nights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.