Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ortiz's future after the fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 23 2011, 10:36 PM) *
I don't doubt that anything could happen, Tyson-Douglas will always be proof of that but to suggest that this is somehow a tough challenge for Floyd is drawing a fucken long bow in my opinion.

If Floyd loses it will be because he hasn't prepared well as I don't think talent for talent Victor is even in the same galaxy as Floyd. However the one thing you can always be assured of is that Floyd prepares better than almost anyone. This should be an easy fight for Floyd but of course miracles do happen. An Ortiz victory would be a miracle in my book. And it won't look anything like Tarver/Jones 1 as Floyd's weight will be on point and he will be in tip top shape, not weight drained like Roy.

A love how you're describing Ortiz like a mini Ivan Drago based off one victory over Andre Berto. I sure as hell didn't see a hungry fighter against Maidana or a championship guy ready to close the show down the stretch against Peterson. I saw a good fighter who makes a lot of mistakes. Floyd punishes mistakes probably better than anyone in the sport save Hopkins.

Well it was a good victory. Arguably a better win than any of Mayweather's wins at welterweight. As some have said, those 7 pounds seem to have helped Ortiz a good deal, and when he got hit with big shots, he didn't get frustrated like he did against Maidana. People can change, people's mentalities can change, people can grow stronger, especially when they're young. I wouldn't place too much stock in Ortiz's pre-Berto fights. The victory has elevated him. Ortiz can't still get better from fight-to-fight. Mayweather isn't getting better at this age, and his physical ability is, according to science, deteriorating.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 24 2011, 03:40 AM) *
look its like this. there is no way on earth you can do any type of damage to me, and I don't give a fuck what you have to say. I could contradict myself by saying am an atheist that believes in god and you can point me out to the world and I'd still say go fuck off and argue with someone who wants to argue. Cause at the end of a day your picking some shitty argument on the internet like another keyboard warrior. I stand by my point. you stand by yours. good for you.

see I wouldn't mind if you brought something to an arguement other than racism. thats all you are a racist fuck. other people have said how I could be wrong and none of them resorted to being racisted. am not white so i doubt am a wigger.

I didn't accuse you of being a wigger. I don't care what your mommy and daddy are/were. You could be a fucking raccoon that made off with some high school girl's laptop for all I know. I have never desired to do damage to you.

But why would I engage in an actual argument with someone who does not have enough sense (and pride) to give a shit what they say or how they say it? You just spew out nonsense and defend it with nonsense. And when someone points out your nonsense you reply with shit like you don't give a fuck if you make no sense and it doesn't matter how nonsensical you are because nobody can hurt you on the internet. Then you resume with your nonsensical argument. And when in doubt, accuse the person who points out your nonsense of being racist.

Your argument is stupid. Feigning pride in that fact does not make it any less ignorant. Now pull your panties out of your taint,move on and try to make your next opinion less idiotic.

Your fellow raccoons will thank you.
Eighty88Eight
Racism? Racoons? Wiggers? Sigh... Like the scientists say, we're ALL Africans aren't we? Better yet, like the scientists say, we're all primordial goo, aren't we? So lets just all shut the fuck up, stop being so sensitive, and evolve.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 24 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Well it was a good victory. Arguably a better win than any of Mayweather's wins at welterweight. As some have said, those 7 pounds seem to have helped Ortiz a good deal, and when he got hit with big shots, he didn't get frustrated like he did against Maidana. People can change, people's mentalities can change, people can grow stronger, especially when they're young. I wouldn't place too much stock in Ortiz's pre-Berto fights. The victory has elevated him. Ortiz can't still get better from fight-to-fight. Mayweather isn't getting better at this age, and his physical ability is, according to science, deteriorating.

How was a Berto win better than any of Mayweather's wins @147? Berto's had no good defenses and is criticized for his opponents constantly. Baldomir had at least defeated Judah. Judah had defeated Spinks. Mosley i don't even need to elaborate. I think on paper Berto is a good win but because of his weak opposition its really hard to rate him amongst his peers. If Berto is a better win than all of Mayweathers WW wins than an Ortiz win should be a pretty big notch in Mayweathers belt
mgrover
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 24 2011, 02:54 PM) *
I didn't accuse you of being a wigger. I don't care what your mommy and daddy are/were. You could be a fucking raccoon that made off with some high school girl's laptop for all I know. I have never desired to do damage to you.

But why would I engage in an actual argument with someone who does not have enough sense (and pride) to give a shit what they say or how they say it? You just spew out nonsense and defend it with nonsense. And when someone points out your nonsense you reply with shit like you don't give a fuck if you make no sense and it doesn't matter how nonsensical you are because nobody can hurt you on the internet. Then you resume with your nonsensical argument. And when in doubt, accuse the person who points out your nonsense of being racist.

Your argument is stupid. Feigning pride in that fact does not make it any less ignorant. Now pull your panties out of your taint,move on and try to make your next opinion less idiotic.

Your fellow raccoons will thank you.

Correction I don't give a fuck when someone like you points out am wrong and then talk shit about it and then won't even give a counter argument. I've got enough pride in my arguments. in all the shit you've spewed you've yet anything to say that's boxing worthy. All you've done is attack a randomer on the net with simple shit like, you love Floyd. Haven't seen anything to do with boxing at all. Am not in doubt either wink.gif

If you won't engaged in an argument why are you still replying? I mean really.

I misread your Eminem reference, I take back accusing you of being racist.

I may as well say your post is utter trash that comes out of me when I have milk (lactose intolerable) and not bother giving an explanation or any other reasons why. Am not saying your post is, just an example, don't get all pissed off over a few words wink.gif
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 11:39 AM) *
How was a Berto win better than any of Mayweather's wins @147? Berto's had no good defenses and is criticized for his opponents constantly. Baldomir had at least defeated Judah. Judah had defeated Spinks. Mosley i don't even need to elaborate. I think on paper Berto is a good win but because of his weak opposition its really hard to rate him amongst his peers. If Berto is a better win than all of Mayweathers WW wins than an Ortiz win should be a pretty big notch in Mayweathers belt

I agree, I think it'll be Mayweather's best win at welterweight. Berto has tangibles that don't require much prior experience to quantify. He's fast. He's explosive. He's strong. He can't really fight much, and Ortiz did what a top level fighter should do to a Berto: He beat him by a hard-fought unanimous decision.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 24 2011, 11:54 AM) *
I agree, I think it'll be Mayweather's best win at welterweight. Berto has tangibles that don't require much prior experience to quantify. He's fast. He's explosive. He's strong. He can't really fight much, and Ortiz did what a top level fighter should do to a Berto: He beat him by a hard-fought unanimous decision.

yea but Mosley was the consensus favorite going into the Berto fight and Mayweather usurped him and beat him decisively. I think that is the stronger win imo, Mosley was also the #1 WW at the time
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 24 2011, 10:31 AM) *
Racism? Racoons? Wiggers? Sigh... Like the scientists say, we're ALL Africans aren't we? Better yet, like the scientists say, we're all primordial goo, aren't we? So lets just all shut the fuck up, stop being so sensitive, and evolve.

This has to be the coolest and funniest comment I have read.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 12:31 PM) *
yea but Mosley was the consensus favorite going into the Berto fight and Mayweather usurped him and beat him decisively. I think that is the stronger win imo, Mosley was also the #1 WW at the time

Baldomir was the consensus champ of the division too. Good wins but subsequent Mosley fights revealed him to be a washed up fart after that lay off, and Baldy wasn't ever that good, bless 'em.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 24 2011, 01:17 PM) *
This has to be the coolest and funniest comment I have read.

I have been described as such. Wanna make love sometime? Kidding. Cheers to the lady fight fan.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 24 2011, 08:43 AM) *
Correction I don't give a fuck when someone like you points out am wrong and then talk shit about it and then won't even give a counter argument. I've got enough pride in my arguments. in all the shit you've spewed you've yet anything to say that's boxing worthy. All you've done is attack a randomer on the net with simple shit like, you love Floyd. Haven't seen anything to do with boxing at all. Am not in doubt either wink.gif

If you won't engaged in an argument why are you still replying? I mean really.

I misread your Eminem reference, I take back accusing you of being racist.

I may as well say your post is utter trash that comes out of me when I have milk (lactose intolerable) and not bother giving an explanation or any other reasons why. Am not saying your post is, just an example, don't get all pissed off over a few words wink.gif

Actually, I did engage, but your ability to discern an argument is on the level of your ability to discern racism.

I have stated repeatedly that your claim that if Ortiz defeats FMJ it will be a tainted victory is nonsense. Translation for the grovers of the world = If Ortiz defeats FMJ on September 17 it will not be tainted.

Pretty simple but obviously not simple enough for those who are ignorant enough to deduct that if Ortiz defeats FMJ it will be a tainted victory.

BTW, others have attempted to camouflage their Floydiotry by claiming they believe FMJ lost to Castillo. It didn't work for them either.
Eighty88Eight
mgrover
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 24 2011, 07:03 PM) *
Actually, I did engage, but your ability to discern an argument is on the level of your ability to discern racism.

I have stated repeatedly that your claim that if Ortiz defeats FMJ it will be a tainted victory is nonsense. Translation for the grovers of the world = If Ortiz defeats FMJ on September 17 it will not be tainted.

Pretty simple but obviously not simple enough for those who are ignorant enough to deduct that if Ortiz defeats FMJ it will be a tainted victory.

BTW, others have attempted to camouflage their Floydiotry by claiming they believe FMJ lost to Castillo. It didn't work for them either.

fair enough. you have your opinion and I have mine. but am not joking about the Floydiotry. You can call me an idiot, but an insult would be calling me a floyd fan
caneman
I figured this would help some of y'all! laugh.gif http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/24/23819...esnt-want-fight
gravytrain
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 24 2011, 11:54 AM) *

Berto has looked fast, explosive and strong against C fighters. his best fight at 147 was with Collazo and that fight deserved a rematch but Berto had no interest in one. not to mention he's been fighting guys like Freddy Hernandez and Quintana, both of those fights were terrible mismatches and shouldn't have even been on HBO. Ortiz didn't knock off the dominant WW champion, that's Pac. he beat an overhyped and overpaid Berto. for Ortiz to be half the fighter people are making him out to be he needs more fights at welterweight and they've to be against the best opposition available. a top level fighter should have shut out Berto or knocked him out.

i expect a lot of people to see the difference between fighting a protected B fighter and a fighter that earned one of the top spots in boxing. Ortiz is going to be completely out of his element in this one and the only exciting thing about this fight is the possibility Mayweather might have got old and it'll be 7-5 or 8-4 win for him instead of 12-0 or 11-1.
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 24 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Berto has looked fast, explosive and strong against C fighters. his best fight at 147 was with Collazo and that fight deserved a rematch but Berto had no interest in one. not to mention he's been fighting guys like Freddy Hernandez and Quintana, both of those fights were terrible mismatches and shouldn't have even been on HBO. Ortiz didn't knock off the dominant WW champion, that's Pac. he beat an overhyped and overpaid Berto. for Ortiz to be half the fighter people are making him out to be he needs more fights at welterweight and they've to be against the best opposition available. a top level fighter should have shut out Berto or knocked him out.

i expect a lot of people to see the difference between fighting a protected B fighter and a fighter that earned one of the top spots in boxing. Ortiz is going to be completely out of his element in this one and the only exciting thing about this fight is the possibility Mayweather might have got old and it'll be 7-5 or 8-4 win for him instead of 12-0 or 11-1.

Exactly
EAlbian
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 24 2011, 02:45 PM) *
fair enough. you have your opinion and I have mine. but am not joking about the Floydiotry. You can call me an idiot, but an insult would be calling me a floyd fan

Why is it an insult to be called a Floyd fan? I'm a fan of Floyd Mayweather, I think he's a very talented fighter. I try and use logic and reasoning in discussing him and call a spade a spade when it comes to his short comings. What you spewed was Floydiotry, it was baseless and illogical. The slight against you has merit, you should have listened to Beardo and just STFU because you just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. Accept what you said and come back with something better next time
mgrover
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Why is it an insult to be called a Floyd fan? I'm a fan of Floyd Mayweather, I think he's a very talented fighter. I try and use logic and reasoning in discussing him and call a spade a spade when it comes to his short comings. What you spewed was Floydiotry, it was baseless and illogical. The slight against you has merit, you should have listened to Beardo and just STFU because you just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. Accept what you said and come back with something better next time

it seems on this forum being a floyd fan is the highest level of nut hugging you can achieve. I can respect your a fan of the guy. I think your just pissed off that if anybody is a floyd fan there instantly a nut hugger wink.gif
EAlbian
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 24 2011, 03:44 PM) *
it seems on this forum being a floyd fan is the highest level of nut hugging you can achieve. I can respect your a fan of the guy. I think your just pissed off that if anybody is a floyd fan there instantly a nut hugger wink.gif

no, there are plenty of Floyd fans that aren't nut huggers. I'm not mad, if you're a Floyd fan just don't spew baseless garbage. This is a nice site, I don't want to see garbage all over it
mgrover
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 08:52 PM) *
no, there are plenty of Floyd fans that aren't nut huggers. I'm not mad, if you're a Floyd fan just don't spew baseless garbage. This is a nice site, I don't want to see garbage all over it

am not saying you are a nut huger. am saying your labelled one. look how fast I was labelled one. sure those exact words weren't said, but it was obviously implied.
Eighty88Eight
Well, as scientists say, we're ALL nuthuggers. So let's just all shut the fuck up, hug nuts, and evolve.
mgrover
can't really complain with science.
EAlbian
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 24 2011, 03:56 PM) *
am not saying you are a nut huger. am saying your labelled one. look how fast I was labelled one. sure those exact words weren't said, but it was obviously implied.

People can imply whatever they want, doesn't mean i'm going to stop using logic and reasoning in my arguments. Mayweather is in my sig, it's implied before i say anything.
mgrover
I don't want to argue this for another few pages. I didn't stop. I can't see your sig its all blocked lol
Eighty88Eight
you two should shut up and have sex already
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 01:51 AM) *

Actually I think Floyd's win over Mosley, old as he was, was a better win than Victor's UD over Berto. Face it dude Berto is rubbish.

How can I not place stock in Ortiz's fights pre-Berto. That is is whole career bar one fight. Please please please tell me that you are not claiming that his nip and tuck win over a B- level champion in Andre Berto has taken Victor to some new heights?

Yeah it is an improvement on quitting against Maidana but in no way readies him for the challenge that is Floyd Mayweather. This is a tune-up stay busy fight for Floyd, which is no bad thing, and has the added benefit of there being a strap involved, but can we at least call a spade a spade here?
Allmenjoi8
I really feel bad for Ortiz, the thread I made for him turned into a FMJ thread. I like Floyd but there is another guy in the fight. Oh well. I am just curious how his career goes after it is all said and done. He has an appealing attitude, cocky but not a complete bore and turn off. Not only that but his story is amazing. I would like to see him fight Khan or SM. That would be a great match. The only person I want to see FMJ fight after this fight is either Pac or Cotto. That would be my only interest well and Bradely.

Eighty88Eight I would take you up on your offer if you promise to marry me afterward....
EAlbian
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 24 2011, 06:47 PM) *
I really feel bad for Ortiz, the thread I made for him turned into a FMJ thread. I like Floyd but there is another guy in the fight. Oh well. I am just curious how his career goes after it is all said and done. He has an appealing attitude, cocky but not a complete bore and turn off. Not only that but his story is amazing. I would like to see him fight Khan or SM. That would be a great match. The only person I want to see FMJ fight after this fight is either Pac or Cotto. That would be my only interest well and Bradely.

Eighty88Eight I would take you up on your offer if you promise to marry me afterward....

I think Ortiz makes for some great fights.

Ortiz vs Khan

Ortiz vs Berto II(The first fight warrants a rematch)

Ortiz vs Alexander(Alexander needs to get off the pot or shit, Ortiz might be able to get rid of him for good)

Ortiz vs Bradley(I think Ortiz could walk through Bradley or maybe he makes Bradley relevant again)

Ortiz vs Mosley(Mosley is a gatekeeper until he pulls an upset maybe this is a good emotional boost after the Mayweather loss)

Ortiz vs Alvarez(I think Ortiz belongs at 154 sooner or later, this could be a good entertaining fight)

Ortiz vs Mathyesse

Ortiz vs Rios

Ortiz vs Maidana II

caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 06:06 PM) *
I think Ortiz makes for some great fights.

Ortiz vs Khan

Ortiz vs Berto II(The first fight warrants a rematch)

Ortiz vs Alexander(Alexander needs to get off the pot or shit, Ortiz might be able to get rid of him for good)

Ortiz vs Bradley(I think Ortiz could walk through Bradley or maybe he makes Bradley relevant again)

Ortiz vs Mosley(Mosley is a gatekeeper until he pulls an upset maybe this is a good emotional boost after the Mayweather loss)

Ortiz vs Alvarez(I think Ortiz belongs at 154 sooner or later, this could be a good entertaining fight)

Ortiz vs Mathyesse

Ortiz vs Rios

Ortiz vs Maidana II

I don't think Mosley should ever box again, just saying!!!!!
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 24 2011, 07:09 PM) *
I don't think Mosley should ever box again, just saying!!!!!

I would be happy to see him retire but financially i don't think he's ready to. I think he can still provide for some good fights against young fighters. His only bad losses have come to the best fighters in the sport and a draw against a terrible style match in Mora. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do against the younger crop of fighter. Him and Maidana could be a great fight, Maidana is the perfect style for Mosley
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 24 2011, 05:29 PM) *
Actually I think Floyd's win over Mosley, old as he was, was a better win than Victor's UD over Berto. Face it dude Berto is rubbish.

How can I not place stock in Ortiz's fights pre-Berto. That is is whole career bar one fight. Please please please tell me that you are not claiming that his nip and tuck win over a B- level champion in Andre Berto has taken Victor to some new heights?

Yeah it is an improvement on quitting against Maidana but in no way readies him for the challenge that is Floyd Mayweather. This is a tune-up stay busy fight for Floyd, which is no bad thing, and has the added benefit of there being a strap involved, but can we at least call a spade a spade here?

Well, I'd argue otherwise. Mosley was washed up, and still managed to briefly relieve Floyd from his senses. Berto is a tough customer for any welterweight given his speed and power, and it showed a lot of courage and willpower to walkthrough Berto the way Ortiz did. Ortiz is going to be better than he's ever been on Sept 19, Floyd won't be.

Mayweather beat a washed up Mosley after a long ass layoff... that ain't nothing big, and that was Mayweather BEST win at welterweight. I have no doubt Mayweather will likely stretch Ortiz by the 12th round, and I have less doubt that he's going to win, but it's not an easy fight. Mayweather is great but he's not invincible. Ortiz is tough for anyone if he fights fearlessly.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 24 2011, 06:47 PM) *

but im just a pup, dear. scarcely 24 years old... still growing into my own and whatnot. i've got a good job though! but you know, I have this policy of liking to see a woman before I marry her.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 01:17 PM) *
Well, I'd argue otherwise. Mosley was washed up, and still managed to briefly relieve Floyd from his senses. Berto is a tough customer for any welterweight given his speed and power, and it showed a lot of courage and willpower to walkthrough Berto the way Ortiz did. Ortiz is going to be better than he's ever been on Sept 19, Floyd won't be.

Mayweather beat a washed up Mosley after a long ass layoff... that ain't nothing big, and that was Mayweather BEST win at welterweight. I have no doubt Mayweather will likely stretch Ortiz by the 12th round, and I have less doubt that he's going to win, but it's not an easy fight. Mayweather is great but he's not invincible. Ortiz is tough for anyone if he fights fearlessly.

How was Mosley washed up? He starched Margarito in his previous bout, a fight he was a 5-1 underdog in, and was a heavy favorite going into the Berto fight. I understand he could have gotten old argument but nothing in his previous fights had suggested that. He was out-boxed by Mayweather similar to Marquez and Marquez wasn't washed up after that. I understand he looked bad against Mora but that was a bad style match-up for him and he was the much smaller man. He looked bad against Pac but its hard for any recent fighter to look good against him. Mosley deserves a chance against a live up and comer to prove he still has it or really is shot. I'd like to see him fight Maidana
caneman
lolzzzzzzzzz http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/24/floyd-maywea...l/#.TlaFz13viuJ
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 25 2011, 06:27 PM) *
How was Mosley washed up? He starched Margarito in his previous bout, a fight he was a 5-1 underdog in, and was a heavy favorite going into the Berto fight. I understand he could have gotten old argument but nothing in his previous fights had suggested that. He was out-boxed by Mayweather similar to Marquez and Marquez wasn't washed up after that. I understand he looked bad against Mora but that was a bad style match-up for him and he was the much smaller man. He looked bad against Pac but its hard for any recent fighter to look good against him. Mosley deserves a chance against a live up and comer to prove he still has it or really is shot. I'd like to see him fight Maidana

But didnt you have an issue with the manner in which Sugar Sham went out in the Pac fight?

Thats why I dont think Mosley deserves another big fight. I dont give a fuck he's shot or not, I want value for money. I'm being hypothetical here cos he wont ever feature on a UK PPV again, thats not in doubt, but if i'm you lot over there I dont want my HBO or Showtime subscription money or worse, PPV money going on someone who had a massive fight in front of a huge gate (I was one of them) and a huge PPV audience and proceeded to Audley Harrison the shit out of it.
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 25 2011, 01:38 PM) *

haha, he's a damn good actor then. give the man his oscar....

The only credit i give him is that he's able to avoid the temptations of drinking and partying. I'd like to see some documentation of the Pacquiao party animal that is talked about so much
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 25 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Mayweather was lucky to encounter Mosley before anyone else had a shot to reveal how washed up he was. He's looked incredibly un-Mosley-like in 3 fights in a row now. Mayweather got him after a long ass layoff.
EAlbian
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 25 2011, 01:42 PM) *
But didnt you have an issue with the manner in which Sugar Sham went out in the Pac fight?

Thats why I dont think Mosley deserves another big fight. I dont give a fuck he's shot or not, I want value for money. I'm being hypothetical here cos he wont ever feature on a UK PPV again, thats not in doubt, but if i'm you lot over there I dont want my HBO or Showtime subscription money or worse, PPV money going on someone who had a massive fight in front of a huge gate (I was one of them) and a huge PPV audience and proceeded to Audley Harrison the shit out of it.

I see merit in your argument and was against the Pac vs Mosley fight from the get go. He survived in there and although i understand that I thought Mosley was more of a warrior than that and would go out on his shield. My HBO money has went to far worse fights(Judah vs Khan recently) haha. I think Mosley can be effective against a come forward brawler and I think Maidana could stop him and put a good name on his resume. I would hope HBO/Showtime would be smart and put it in a small ring with no room to run. Mosley has done a lot for the sport and I'd like to see him in there against a 2nd tier fighter before i write him off completely. America is the land of opportunity and deserves a chance to make up for his past transgressions. If he put on a stinker i say black ball him but his losses have only come to the best in the sport recently
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 25 2011, 06:38 PM) *

That link has a place in the "gay boxer" thread too, cos anyone whose "Fiancee" would buy into that shit is in a SHAM!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 25 2011, 06:50 PM) *
I see merit in your argument and was against the Pac vs Mosley fight from the get go. He survived in there and although i understand that I thought Mosley was more of a warrior than that and would go out on his shield. My HBO money has went to far worse fights(Judah vs Khan recently) haha. I think Mosley can be effective against a come forward brawler and I think Maidana could stop him and put a good name on his resume. I would hope HBO/Showtime would be smart and put it in a small ring with no room to run. Mosley has done a lot for the sport and I'd like to see him in there against a 2nd tier fighter before i write him off completely. America is the land of opportunity and deserves a chance to make up for his past transgressions. If he put on a stinker i say black ball him but his losses have only come to the best in the sport recently

He can step down to undercard then at least cos he surely cant be allowed his name in lights again until he gets redemption or annihilation in his next fight
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 25 2011, 01:38 PM) *

Floyd is a lousy actor, but the legal papers don't say "mayweather's obnoxiousness is just an act". It says his partying is part of his ability to generate income. We already knew he doesn't drink anything besides wine or champagne. He's very much an obnoxious little fuck outside the ring. Good for him.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 25 2011, 01:48 PM) *
Mayweather was lucky to encounter Mosley before anyone else had a shot to reveal how washed up he was. He's looked incredibly un-Mosley-like in 3 fights in a row now. Mayweather got him after a long ass layoff.

Maybe you are right and I'm not saying i can't see it your way. So if Mayweather stops Ortiz would it be fair to match him with Mosley? I think Mosley has more left than others are giving him credit for so I'd like to see him in there one more time with a live young opponent like an Ortiz or Maidana or even Alvarez
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 25 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Maybe you are right and I'm not saying i can't see it your way. So if Mayweather stops Ortiz would it be fair to match him with Mosley? I think Mosley has more left than others are giving him credit for so I'd like to see him in there one more time with a live young opponent like an Ortiz or Maidana or even Alvarez

Shrug... i guess
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 25 2011, 06:56 PM) *

Maybe Maidana or Ortiz, not Alvarez. I have no interest in watching Mosley stink up another division. He looks like shit at 147 and has looked like shit at 154 before. He would grin and glove tap his way to being decapitated by a ginger Mexican almost young enough to be his son. Thats not a good look for anyone
EAlbian
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 25 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Maybe Maidana or Ortiz, not Alvarez. I have no interest in watching Mosley stink up another division. He looks like shit at 147 and has looked like shit at 154 before. He would grin and glove tap his way to being decapitated by a ginger Mexican almost young enough to be his son. Thats not a good look for anyone

If he's the first to stop Mosley than at least that something no one else could do. I read an article earlier where Mosley stated he's coming back and fighting @154
lloyd mayflower
Suppose if Ortiz can get his shot after his epic bitch-out as a young man then who are we to deny someone who has showed balls in the past.

Look at that! Full circle
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 05:17 AM) *

Still trying to convince us the Ortiz fight will be tough for Floyd. God you really are desperate to post this up as a credible win for Floydie aren't you?

P.S In case you haven't got it Berto is SHIT, a win over him is solid, nothing more. And another newsflash if you struggle with Berto you aint touching Floyd.
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 25 2011, 01:42 PM) *

if Mosley showed interest in engaging with Pac and wasn't so friendly i wouldn't mind seeing him fight again but i could really do without seeing him coast and a up and comer getting his name on their resume. and the worst thing about it's he could get a win streak against B fighters and then be hyped as a fighter on a comeback.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Still trying to convince us the Ortiz fight will be tough for Floyd. God you really are desperate to post this up as a credible win for Floydie aren't you?

P.S In case you haven't got it Berto is SHIT, a win over him is solid, nothing more. And another newsflash if you struggle with Berto you aint touching Floyd.

i think Ortiz might have just had good timing with Berto. i think the layoffs and poor opposition hurt him since he's really just a developing fighter with a belt. it's hard to say whether it's the case or not but either way beating Berto only proved that Ortiz can hang with B level welterweights. Ortiz didn't shut him out or stop him early. Mayweather is a big jump for Ortiz and we're going to see a mismatch.

i think Mayweather carries Ortiz and makes it more entertaining than it should be. i wouldn't be surprised if he puts himself on the ropes and gets the crowd into it by letting Ortiz throw combinations. none of those punches will be landing though and Mayweather fight his way off of the ropes with ease.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 25 2011, 05:03 PM) *

you're an idiot

if you struggle against javier capetillo, you're not touching floyd either.......... right?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 26 2011, 09:54 AM) *
you're an idiot

if you struggle against javier capetillo, you're not touching floyd either.......... right?

Dude Berto was Ortiz's last fight. He had to dig down deep to come off the canvas to beat Andre Berto in his last fight. Fuck don't you think that's relative when your next fight is Floyd Mayweather?

Oh and before that he drew with Lamont Peterson.

So let me see a guy coming of a draw with a C+ level guy and a tough win against a B- Level champ is ready to go against the arguably p4p champ of the world? Haha you're the idiot pal, stop trying to polish this turd.

The only Javier Capetillo I ever heard of was that piece of shit trainer of Margarito's so I'm not sure what you're referring to here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.