Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sergio Martinez 'I want to DESTORY Chavez Jr'
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BlueMercury
mgrover
reading the sampson interview it seems there getting desperate. even telling mayweather that they dont want a 50-50 split...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 04:08 AM) *
reading the sampson interview it seems there getting desperate. even telling mayweather that they dont want a 50-50 split...

Why would SMartinez expect a 50-50 split? FMJ is the PPV King.

If FMJ took the SMartinez fight it would silence all rational/credible critics. But first he has to get by Ortiz. Of course even if FMJ loses to Ortiz it would be tainted in your eyes, right?
BoxingStill#1
I read the title and I only have one comment......

Dduuuhhhhhh......
BoxingStill#1
And btw.....what makes Martinez' camp think May would make more fighting them then Pac??

Why the fuck are we even talking about a fight that is NEVER going to happen...

Nor should it. Dudes desperation to fight Floyed or Pac is making him delusional,.

Martinez can make and even bigger name for himself by fighting where he is at or just a division or two north...

Or shiieeet wipe out the 154 division and make one of them come to him..(since he's so content of fighting at the lower weight ...point iss......

HE DOESN'T NEED EITHER OF THEM!
Hops
It would be funny if I ever hear Floyd or Pac say: "I want to destroy Chavez Jr.".

Agree on the "Martinez is getting delusional" part.
Cshel86
He needs to go ahead and destroy Chavez Jr and everybody else they put in front of him. Chavez may not be top quality opposition, but his name is a big name, something Martinez needs more of. Martinez cant blame anybody but himself for Pac or May not wanting to fight him, the world knows that cash cow fighters dont take big risks with dangerous opponents unless they see flaws. Thank yourself Martinez, for knocking P. Willy out cold...
Eighty88Eight
Give the guy a break, he's getting old and wants to cash out on his talent. He deserves a good payday. He's a bit much for Chavez Jr (understatement?) but he should try and get the Cotto-Margarito winner. I think he's too small for Super Middleweight, and I happen to think that both Froch and Ward would kick his ass. Martinez isn't THAT good. He was getting his ass handed to him before Pavlik was cut.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 23 2011, 09:48 AM) *
Give the guy a break, he's getting old and wants to cash out on his talent. He deserves a good payday. He's a bit much for Chavez Jr (understatement?) but he should try and get the Cotto-Margarito winner. I think he's too small for Super Middleweight, and I happen to think that both Froch and Ward would kick his ass. Martinez isn't THAT good. He was getting his ass handed to him before Pavlik was cut.

Hell, you got me with that one. He performs well in the ring, so its hard to look past his age. Damn, he is getting up there in age.
daprofessor
martinez and his ppl are sounding very desperate. just read the article on the front page where sam leckowhateverthefuckhisname is...is saying that cotto's resume is unimpressive. wow. total disrespect. i'd like to see martinez clear out his division and stop chasing after the little guys. i'm not interested in seeing him beat up chavez. he's made his mark with very impressive wins...and he deserves a few easy pay days. unification is all that is left for him unless he wants to move up another division.
mgrover
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 23 2011, 12:24 PM) *
Why would SMartinez expect a 50-50 split? FMJ is the PPV King.

If FMJ took the SMartinez fight it would silence all rational/credible critics. But first he has to get by Ortiz. Of course even if FMJ loses to Ortiz it would be tainted in your eyes, right?

am not saying I expect Martinez to get a 50-50 split but it seems his team are saying anything to make that fight.
gravytrain
it's crazy how people on here will talk worse about Martinez trying to fight Pac or Mayweather than Mayweather and Pac fighting someone like Marquez. what's so bad about the fight? he's a JMW/MW fighting at MW and still can't get fights. he's trying to fight the top 2 fighters in the sport that both fight at 147 but he's willing to meet them in the middle. did Pac or Mayweather meet Marquez at 140? i would rather see them take a challenging fight than the other fighter's past opponents or calling someone up from 140-135.
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 24 2011, 06:30 PM) *
it's crazy how people on here will talk worse about Martinez trying to fight Pac or Mayweather than Mayweather and Pac fighting someone like Marquez. what's so bad about the fight? he's a JMW/MW fighting at MW and still can't get fights. he's trying to fight the top 2 fighters in the sport that both fight at 147 but he's willing to meet them in the middle. did Pac or Mayweather meet Marquez at 140? i would rather see them take a challenging fight than the other fighter's past opponents or calling someone up from 140-135.

The difference is that Floyd and Manny dictate the rules of engagement, they are the money. Marquez called out Pac and Mayweather constantly and brought the fight to them. If Martinez really wants the fight he better offer up something better than 154 because Pac and May aren't biting. Its like Andre Ward calling out Martinez, Martinez said fuck that why take a less Known opponent who's bigger than me when i can bank easy fights at 160 and still get HBO money.

I'd rather see Martinez vs Ward/Bute than Pac/May vs Martinez
gravytrain
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 06:40 PM) *
The difference is that Floyd and Manny dictate the rules of engagement, they are the money. Marquez called out Pac and Mayweather constantly and brought the fight to them. If Martinez really wants the fight he better offer up something better than 154 because Pac and May aren't biting. Its like Andre Ward calling out Martinez, Martinez said fuck that why take a less Known opponent who's bigger than me when i can bank easy fights at 160 and still get HBO money.

none of those fights are going to happen until after Ward vs Froch and then the winner vs Bute. and Martinez is open to SMWs he just wants them at 164.

They're the money and that money is too comfortable with careful matchmaking. they aren't trying to move up and dominate a division or take a high risk fight, they go up to 154 for a low risk fight then vacate. but to talk about either one of them fighting Martinez like it's horrible fight when we've seen worse fights is just a joke.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 05:40 PM) *

Ide like to see Martinez vs Ward/Froch/Dirrell... he can move up he juss doesnt like the risk/reward.
checkleft
I'm sorry but anybody who says they would rather Martinez fight the SM than pacquiao or may is smoking something strong.
JLUVBABY
i can see martinez being a fight mayweather would take.. its very winnable... i'll say it again as ive said countless times before... even though martinez won the dznerik fight in nice fashion there where times where dz showed how to handle sergio... it occurred in spurts but it still occured.. just my opinion but martinez may be a tad over rated and i say that as a fan of his... no way he beats a tactician like mayweather... personally i think its easy money for may...
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 25 2011, 12:16 AM) *
i can see martinez being a fight mayweather would take.. its very winnable... i'll say it again as ive said countless times before... even though martinez won the dznerik fight in nice fashion there where times where dz showed how to handle sergio... it occurred in spurts but it still occured.. just my opinion but martinez may be a tad over rated and i say that as a fan of his... no way he beats a tactician like mayweather... personally i think its easy money for may...

are you talking about in the rounds Martinez always takes off? Martinez dominated him then took him out when he wanted to.

it's hard for me to say whether Martinez is overrated or not. he can't get the fights to show what he's really capable of. i don't think Mayweather will have it as easy as you think it'll be and Martinez will be a very live opponent. even when Martinez takes rounds off i think it'll be close.
checkleft
^^agree, mayweather is a great fighter. But Martinez is definitely not the guy to sleep on, ask pwill.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 25 2011, 03:24 PM) *
^^agree, mayweather is a great fighter. But Martinez is definitely not the guy to sleep on, ask pwill.

No he put Williams to sleep. Or as I prefer he put him down like a sick animal.

I want to see JCCjr destroyed too. Martinez is just the guy to send him to land o twitch.
Allmenjoi8
I would perfer Martinez to end the career of Chavez Jr. But destroying him will do for now.
caneman
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 25 2011, 11:43 AM) *
I would perfer Martinez to end the career of Chavez Jr. But destroying him will do for now.

I don't see anyway Jr gets in the ring with Maravilla, it's a guaranteed loss IMO!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.