Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Openly Gay Boxer
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Allmenjoi8
With the recent NFL players (retired) coming out and admitting that they are gay along with some retired NBA players, I was wondering how well would an openly gay boxer that was extremely talented (on the lines or Martinez or Bradely) do in the sport of boxing? Would this harm the sport or would people look at the boxer's performance. Would it hinder the boxer from getting big money fights or would the boxer just be known as the gay boxer? Would yawl support the boxer or shune him? How would the boxing community act?
caneman
Here's one, old story though! http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2008/05/...mes-out-as-gay/
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 23 2011, 10:14 AM) *

This was the first thing that came to mind when the topic was brought up, unfortunately his quote has a lot of truth to it. I don't hate gay people but it's something I'd rather not have to know. I can understand wanting to be accepted but homosexuality puts me off(I'm sure others feel the same as i do) and career-wise i think it would be a terrible move. We have come a long way in civil rights in this country but i'm not sure we have come far enough to be 100% accepting/pro-gay sports figure. just my two cents
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 23 2011, 10:27 AM) *
This was the first thing that came to mind when the topic was brought up, unfortunately his quote has a lot of truth to it. I don't hate gay people but it's something I'd rather not have to know. I can understand wanting to be accepted but homosexuality puts me off(I'm sure others feel the same as i do) and career-wise i think it would be a terrible move. We have come a long way in civil rights in this country but i'm not sure we have come far enough to be 100% accepting/pro-gay sports figure. just my two cents

Yea I can't see it either honest! I agree with your post as well!
Big Slim Sweet
I don't think it would hurt a fighter's marketability at all. On the contrary, if the fighter was a legit champ and out and charismatic he might be considered a hero to the gay community. I don't think other boxers would refuse to fight him. There might be some serious trash talk - think where guys could go with the whole blood test controversy and AIDS - but a fighter could still have a good career and make a lot of money IMO.

Boxing isn't like football where you won't be able to find teammates to share a locker room.

Interesting quote on that page from Emile about killing a man and loving a man.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 23 2011, 10:59 AM) *
I don't think it would hurt a fighter's marketability at all. On the contrary, if the fighter was a legit champ and out and charismatic he might be considered a hero to the gay community. I don't think other boxers would refuse to fight him. There might be some serious trash talk - think where guys could go with the whole blood test controversy and AIDS - but a fighter could still have a good career and make a lot of money IMO.

Boxing isn't like football where you won't be able to find teammates to share a locker room.

you're talking about a guy at the top coming out, how about a young fighter coming up?

The gay community isn't that huge, less than 4% of Americans, and I'm not sure they are into boxing. I could be wrong but boxing is more machismo than maricon, haha i'm just playing
BGv2.0
We've seen it already in the mid-80's.

Method
Floyd Mayweather Jr should come out.
Mean Mister Mustard
I wouldn't support a gay boxer for the simple fact that during bouts he would want to get a whiff of ol' man sweat as much as possible, so he would fight like John Ruiz, and I hate guys who clinch too much.

All jokes aside, I wouldn't care if the boxer is straight or gay, as long as he gives it all in the gym and in the ring I'll be watching. Look at PBF; he comes off as a jerk, but he's so good in the ring that I always have to watch him fight.

One interesting thing would be to see how the gay special interest groups react to a fighter dissing the openly gay boxer. It would be complicated because boxers, for the most part, are tough guys from bad neighborhoods where gay slurs are commonly used to denigrate another person. So what would these special interest groups do? Would they really be naive enough to try and change the mentality of these boxers?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 23 2011, 12:35 PM) *
Floyd Mayweather Jr should come out.

laugh.gif
Xception2ThRule
Derrick Rose is gay. So is Sergio Martinez.
Cshel86
As long as he sells more tickets and puts up a better fight than some of these tittie-baby, skirt-wearing, tough-talkin', no-ticket-selling, excuse-using, prima donnas that we have the unfortunate opportunity of watching nowadays, then I could care less about their sexual orientation. As far marketability is concerned, they may want to keep it under wraps if they have already established a strong following...we know how fickle fans can be at times. Sports period, has this unwritten rule for athletes to exhibit masculinity as much as possible, so Im sure the world isn't ready to accept openly gay athletes...just yet.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Aug 23 2011, 12:54 PM) *

No! Derrick Rose is gay!!!!!!!! No! So much for number 5 on my list of things to do before I die. Oh well.

Method: Nice crack, I knew we could not get through a thread without mentioning FMJ. Oh well, but that was funny. Chavez Jr. should come out
Spyder
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 23 2011, 11:27 AM) *

I don't hate black people but it's something I'd rather not have to know. I can understand wanting to be accepted but blacks put me off(I'm sure others feel the same as i do) and career-wise i think it would be a terrible move. We have come a long way in civil rights in this country but i'm not sure we have come far enough to be 100% accepting/pro-black sports figure. just my two cents

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 23 2011, 11:59 AM) *

If a fighter was fully out and open, the trash talk wouldn't bother him.

Opponent - "I'm scared you might want to fuck me more than fight me."
Gay Fighter - "Naw, I'll kick your ass before I fuck you in the ass. Prison style." ...grin, wink

Seriously, picture someone trying to trash talk you fucking chicks...

"That Big Slim Sweet likes to bang chicks all night. He eats their pussy out, then he lets them suck his dick. All he does is pound vagina!"

laugh.gif

Are you even a little bit bothered by that?
Fitz
A gay fighter wouldn't bother me the slightest, and I think you would be able to use it to psyche opponents out as well. I think it would be more difficult in a team environment.
I never understood why fags freak people out. I can understand someone not agreeing with what they do, just don't understand how they freak people out or make anyone feel uncomfortable.
King Eugene
I dont think it would hurt the sport at all. Hell if anything you'd see more pride and egos shown because of it. Who wants to be the guy that got whipped by a fag? Especially if he did a lot of trash talking before it.

If they gay boxer puts in work in the gym, and give it his all in the ring, then who cares what his sexual preference is. At the end of the day he's in there trying to hurt you, the last thing you'll be thinking about in that ring is "I just got hit by a punk." You'll have the same mentality you'd have for any other fight...whip this fool!

After the fight only glove taps to congratulate, no hugs or close face to face convo talking about how tough you think I am. Picture Hopkins being gay and doing what he did to Pavlik. You think he ruined Pavlik then, hell if he was a fag and did all that at the end Pavlik probably would have retired. laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 23 2011, 05:51 PM) *
I don't hate black people but it's something I'd rather not have to know. I can understand wanting to be accepted but blacks put me off(I'm sure others feel the same as i do) and career-wise i think it would be a terrible move. We have come a long way in civil rights in this country but i'm not sure we have come far enough to be 100% accepting/pro-black sports figure. just my two cents

Haha, nice point.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 23 2011, 05:56 PM) *
A gay fighter wouldn't bother me the slightest, and I think you would be able to use it to psyche opponents out as well. I think it would be more difficult in a team environment.
I never understood why fags freak people out. I can understand someone not agreeing with what they do, just don't understand how they freak people out or make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Maybe you need to post up a link of openly gay League nut job Ian Roberts' greatest hits. Maybe they could openly debate the matter with Ian. laugh.gif
gravytrain
i think if someone like Tyson was gay it would have been really intimidating. especially if he's flamboyant.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 23 2011, 06:51 PM) *

Are you really comparing gays to blacks? because i wasn't. Civil rights doesn't just mean black buddy. I have no interest in gay people or their lifestyle, nor do i have any interest big slims sex life or yours or any fighters. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with fighting. Does a straight fighter have to talk about being straight? i could care less about a boxers personal life, i wanna see them fight.

I don't care if tyson raped that girl or floyd beat josie or if DLH dressed up in fishnets and sang into a dildo. They can pay for their sins like everybody else in life. I only care about what they do in the ring. I've never met a gay person i liked but have never sought out a friendship with a homosexual. they don't seem to be my kind of people, but i have nothing against them. If two guys are fighting and one is gay and one is straight i doubt i'd be able to tell the difference unless they explicitly stated it, which i dont understand why that would be relevant in a boxing match.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 02:48 PM) *
Are you really comparing gays to blacks? because i wasn't. Civil rights doesn't just mean black buddy. I have no interest in gay people or their lifestyle, nor do i have any interest big slims sex life or yours or any fighters. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with fighting. Does a straight fighter have to talk about being straight? i could care less about a boxers personal life, i wanna see them fight.

I don't care if tyson raped that girl or floyd beat josie or if DLH dressed up in fishnets and sang into a dildo. They can pay for their sins like everybody else in life. I only care about what they do in the ring. I've never met a gay person i liked but have never sought out a friendship with a homosexual. they don't seem to be my kind of people, but i have nothing against them. If two guys are fighting and one is gay and one is straight i doubt i'd be able to tell the difference unless they explicitly stated it, which i dont understand why that would be relevant in a boxing match.

Dude that seems a little contradictory, you never met one you liked but couldn't tell the difference between gay man and a straight man if they were fighting? For sure I bet at least one of your 'straight' friends or associates is an undercover sausage jockey and you have no idea. Statistically it's almost guaranteed.

You have to watch out for those straight-acting gays, they're a sneaky bunch laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Aug 24 2011, 05:54 AM) *

Somebody should tell Floyd this, he'd sign for the fight in a heartbeat. And Ellerbee could work both corners laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 23 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Somebody should tell Floyd this, he'd sign for the fight in a heartbeat. And Ellerbee could work both corners laugh.gif

and the NEW
Derrick Rose is not gay.

And I wouldn't care less if a boxer was gay. I would have more problem fighting or training MMA against a gay dude.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 24 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Maybe you need to post up a link of openly gay League nut job Ian Roberts' greatest hits. Maybe they could openly debate the matter with Ian. laugh.gif

Two words Gary Jack. He would have been better off having rough sex with Roberts than betting bashed the way he did by him laugh.gif

Ian Roberts probably the toughest player I have seen in my lifetime. A bad mutha on the footy field.

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 12:48 PM) *
If two guys are fighting and one is gay and one is straight i doubt i'd be able to tell the difference unless they explicitly stated it, which i dont understand why that would be relevant in a boxing match.

I can. See below.

Personally I could give two fucks if a gay person is a boxer. So long as they are entertaining & can scrap then thats all I care.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 24 2011, 11:30 PM) *
Two words Gary Jack. He would have been better off having rough sex with Roberts than betting bashed the way he did by him laugh.gif

Ian Roberts probably the toughest player I have seen in my lifetime. A bad mutha on the footy field.

I can. See below.

Personally I could give two fucks if a gay person is a boxer. So long as they are entertaining & can scrap then thats all I care.

This is funny. We need more gay boxing threads laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
I dont have much interest in what other people do in the bedroom. After all, were it not for my girlfriends sense of boundaries and decency id be a pretty sick bastard in there too. There is some aspects about homosexuality that I have a gripe with tho.

Why is it that gay actors/personalities/comedians think its so neccessary that EVERYONE knows how big and gay they are? I dont run around acting all straight, its just what I am, you cant tell me that all gays were born with that fucking camp voice and mannerisms!

Why is it that to most people, specially women, what its means to be a gay man is that he is sensitive, fashionable and funny? I'm sorry, but it needs to said that what it means to be gay is, at the bottom line, you are a man who likes another man to shove his cock right up your shitty hairy arsehole (and vice versa)
Cshel86
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 24 2011, 07:30 AM) *

I can. See below.

Man I saw this and I had to step outside to get this laugh out laugh.gif There's no way in hell I could've laughed at this in my office without drawing attention to myself...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 24 2011, 06:15 AM) *
I dont have much interest in what other people do in the bedroom. After all, were it not for my girlfriends sense of boundaries and decency id be a pretty sick bastard in there too. There is some aspects about homosexuality that I have a gripe with tho.

Why is it that gay actors/personalities/comedians think its so neccessary that EVERYONE knows how big and gay they are? I dont run around acting all straight, its just what I am, you cant tell me that all gays were born with that fucking camp voice and mannerisms!

Why is it that to most people, specially women, what its means to be a gay man is that he is sensitive, fashionable and funny? I'm sorry, but it needs to said that what it means to be gay is, at the bottom line, you are a man who likes another man to shove his cock right up your shitty hairy arsehole (and vice versa)

I agree, Lloyd.

If a dude likes getting rammed in the ass by dudes and/or likes ramming dudes in the ass, it is none of my business. However, this bullshit about trying to convince the world that every dude who likes getting assrammed by and assramming other dudes was "born gay" is akin to the argument being made in another thread that if Ortiz defeats FMJ it will be a "tainted" victory - utter nonsense.

Tell that to the wives of dudes (and mothers of their children) who frequented bathhouses in the 70's to get rammed by multiple dudes. Excuse me, tell that to their children who miss their mother who died of AIDS.

I guess those dudes were born bisexual.

It makes me sick when segments of the population rationalize their decisions rather than take responsibility for them.

From here on out I was born a polygamist. What's the problem? I was born this way.

EAlbian
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 23 2011, 11:24 PM) *
Dude that seems a little contradictory, you never met one you liked but couldn't tell the difference between gay man and a straight man if they were fighting? For sure I bet at least one of your 'straight' friends or associates is an undercover sausage jockey and you have no idea. Statistically it's almost guaranteed.

You have to watch out for those straight-acting gays, they're a sneaky bunch laugh.gif

When i watched Parret vs Griffen the first time i was about 16 and I had no idea Emile was gay. Nothing was stated and i watched the fight, to me they were just two men fighting. Sexual orientation really had nothing to do with the fight, thats how i feel all fights should be. I may have a friend or friends who are gay but they havent done anything or said anything for me to be suspicious. What they do behind closed doors is none of my business and i don't really want to know anyways. I have never made a real attempt to be friends with a homosexual, not saying its impossible for me to be friends with one. Boxing and what you have sex with don't have anything to do with one another and if a fighter is gay I'd rather not know because it may impact the way that i look at them as a fighter. You guys can say what you want but if Pac was a fag he wouldn't be as loved as he is right now and it wouldn't have anything to do with how tremendous of a fighter he really is
Method
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 23 2011, 06:56 PM) *

Fags dont freak me out. Flaming fags do. Like they need to force their flaming fagness down the world's throat, just because they like things shoved down their own.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 24 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Fags dont freak me out. Flaming fags do. Like they need to force their flaming fagness down the world's throat, just because they like things shoved down their own.

haha, well put
Allmenjoi8
If a boxer was gay, he would have the best fashionable boxing shorts ever. One of the reason why women (including myself) love gay men: they are fun to party with, you do not have to worry about them trying to sleep with you, they are damn good dressers (some of them), they can give you an insight on how men think, they will fight another girl for you in a heart beat, and the best thing is, your man will not be trying to screw him (well actually one of my homegirl's ex was on the DL it was all bad for there) but other than that, those are my reasons the gay community gets two thumbs up from me.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 23 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Seriously, picture someone trying to trash talk you fucking chicks...

"That Big Slim Sweet likes to bang chicks all night. He eats their pussy out, then he lets them suck his dick. All he does is pound vagina!"

laugh.gif

Are you even a little bit bothered by that?

LMFAO. No, not in the slightest.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 24 2011, 09:18 AM) *
However, this bullshit about trying to convince the world that every dude who likes getting assrammed by and assramming other dudes was "born gay" is akin to the argument being made in another thread that if Ortiz defeats FMJ it will be a "tainted" victory - utter nonsense.

Tell that to the wives of dudes (and mothers of their children) who frequented bathhouses in the 70's to get rammed by multiple dudes. Excuse me, tell that to their children who miss their mother who died of AIDS.

I guess those dudes were born bisexual.

I'm not sure I follow this argument. I'm thinking those dudes were born gay and just trying to fit in with the whole wife and kids etc.
Spyder
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 23 2011, 10:48 PM) *
Are you really comparing gays to blacks?

Just pointing out your glaring hypocrisy, bro.

I have no interest in gay people or their lifestyle, nor do i have any interest big slims sex life or yours or any fighters. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with fighting. Does a straight fighter have to talk about being straight? i could care less about a boxers personal life, i wanna see them fight.

I have no interest in black people or their lifestyle, nor do i have any interest big slims race or yours or any fighters. Race has nothing to do with fighting. Does a black fighter have to talk about being black? i could care less about a boxers personal life, i wanna see them fight.

I don't care if tyson raped that girl or floyd beat josie or if DLH dressed up in fishnets and sang into a dildo. They can pay for their sins like everybody else in life. I only care about what they do in the ring. I've never met a black person i liked but have never sought out a friendship with a black. they don't seem to be my kind of people, but i have nothing against them. If two guys are fighting and one is black and one is Cuban i doubt i'd be able to tell the difference unless they explicitly stated it, which i dont understand why that would be relevant in a boxing match.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Aug 24 2011, 10:19 AM) *
I'm not sure I follow this argument. I'm thinking those dudes were born gay and just trying to fit in with the whole wife and kids etc.

Pedophiles were born that way. Some just like little boys more than little girls, but they can't help it.

Rapists were born that way. Some just prefer to rape sheep, but they can't help it.

Cannibals were born that way. Some prefer penis over breast meat, but they can't help it.

Polygamists were born that way. Some prefer multiple partnerships with men and women, but they can't help it.

Everybody was just born the way they are. Nobody needs to take responsibility for the choices they make because we can't help ourselves.

What a load of horseshit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 24 2011, 11:12 AM) *

Lmao! Man I was no good after I read this...

Eighty88Eight
I'm pretty sure homosexuals are mostly born gay. Some folks are just adventurous. I mean, I went to school with a chap named Michael. In 3rd grade, he was flaming, wore a spice girls t shirt to school, hung out with girls, and he had a girlfriend named Susan. CONFUSION.

I think sane society is more bothered by black youths (and like-minded "aggressive" people) than gay people because of their behavior. Listen to a black man give an epic speech to musky ass black youths in Philadelphia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgIOqlhBtAc
BGv2.0
Well, I know that this board was very accepting of Bam Bam and Necro's love for each other. So I see no reason to think they would not EXTEND that same level of acceptance toward a gay boxer.

Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 24 2011, 02:10 PM) *
I'm not disagreeing with you 88. I just have a problem with people justifying their appetites with the I was born this way bullshit.

I was born a carnivore. My preferred meat is pussy.

That's the spirit
EAlbian
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 24 2011, 01:30 PM) *
Just pointing out your glaring hypocrisy, bro.

I have no interest in black people or their lifestyle, nor do i have any interest big slims race or yours or any fighters. Race has nothing to do with fighting. Does a black fighter have to talk about being black? i could care less about a boxers personal life, i wanna see them fight.

I don't care if tyson raped that girl or floyd beat josie or if DLH dressed up in fishnets and sang into a dildo. They can pay for their sins like everybody else in life. I only care about what they do in the ring. I've never met a black person i liked but have never sought out a friendship with a black. they don't seem to be my kind of people, but i have nothing against them. If two guys are fighting and one is black and one is Cuban i doubt i'd be able to tell the difference unless they explicitly stated it, which i dont understand why that would be relevant in a boxing match.

this is ridiculous, you could basically replace a noun with any other noun. its called ad-libs, they sell them at corner stores. I don't see how i'm being a hypocrite, when did i make a reference to a black fighter? so if i don't like gays i can't like black people? how about women? The civil rights movement involved them as well.

There is a certain connotation that goes along with being gay and if i found out someone who i admired was gay I may lose a certain level of respect for them, I don't think thats fair on my part so "I" personally would rather not know.

If there was a girl you perceived to be extremely pretty, maybe some famous actress, and you found out she was born as a hermaphrodite, would that change your opinion of her as a woman? or would it gross you out and make you want to watch their movies less? "I" probably would watch their movies less and be kinda freaked out, maybe i'm just weird.

If you're gay thats cool with me, just don't project your gay on me and i wont project my straight on you. we'll get along just fine. can't promise we'll be friends tho because I've never met a gay that i really enjoyed spending time with or conversing with(this is my general outlook on the whole situation)
Spyder
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 03:06 PM) *
this is ridiculous, you could basically replace a noun with any other noun. its called ad-libs, they sell them at corner stores. I don't see how i'm being a hypocrite, when did i make a reference to a black fighter? so if i don't like gays i can't like black people? how about women? The civil rights movement involved them as well.

There is a certain connotation that goes along with being gay and if i found out someone who i admired was gay I may lose a certain level of respect for them, I don't think thats fair on my part so "I" personally would rather not know.

If there was a girl you perceived to be extremely pretty, maybe some famous actress, and you found out she was born as a hermaphrodite, would that change your opinion of her as a woman? or would it gross you out and make you want to watch their movies less? "I" probably would watch their movies less and be kinda freaked out, maybe i'm just weird.

If you're gay thats cool with me, just don't project your gay on me and i wont project my straight on you. we'll get along just fine. can't promise we'll be friends tho because I've never met a gay that i really enjoyed spending time with or conversing with(this is my general outlook on the whole situation)

If you can't understand the connotation of your own narrow mindedness when it is blatantly pointed out to you...well, then I guess I'm not really surprised.

"not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

You can replace that with anyone. The themes are identical, no matter which group you intend to marginalize.

But seriously, you can't be faulted for ignorance. You admittedly grew up not knowing any gay people. Just like those backwoods rednecks that join the KKK grew up not knowing any black people. It's not really their fault. They're just doing what they feel comfortable with...you know, like not watching any movies with black people in it.

EAlbian
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 24 2011, 03:29 PM) *
If you can't understand the connotation of your own narrow mindedness when it is blatantly pointed out to you...well, then I guess I'm not really surprised.

"not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

You can replace that with anyone. The themes are identical, no matter which group you intend to marginalize.

But seriously, you can't be faulted for ignorance. You admittedly grew up not knowing any gay people. Just like those backwoods rednecks that join the KKK grew up not knowing any black people. It's not really their fault. They're just doing what they feel comfortable with...you know, like not watching any movies with black people in it.

I know gay people, went to DePaul University in Chicago(huge gay community) just never really liked any of them.

Why don't answer the question i posed to you?
mgrover
don't see the problem tbh. but I can easily see how other people would have a problem with it. at the end of the day if you want to come out as a gay boxer I think it will hurt your career.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 24 2011, 03:46 PM) *
I know gay people, went to DePaul University in Chicago(huge gay community) just never really liked any of them.

Why don't answer the question i posed to you?

now what we have here is a reg'lar self-haitin' queer.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 24 2011, 03:50 PM) *
now what we have here is a reg'lar self-haitin' queer.

haha, nah i don't hate myself and I don't hate gay people. I don't bash or make fun of them, i just don't happen to have any gay friends.
Eighty88Eight
im gay for girls
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 24 2011, 12:48 PM) *
Pedophiles were born that way. Some just like little boys more than little girls, but they can't help it.

Rapists were born that way. Some just prefer to rape sheep, but they can't help it.

Cannibals were born that way. Some prefer penis over breast meat, but they can't help it.

Polygamists were born that way. Some prefer multiple partnerships with men and women, but they can't help it.

Everybody was just born the way they are. Nobody needs to take responsibility for the choices they make because we can't help ourselves.

What a load of horseshit.

OK, so what you're saying is if you commit a crime then you should take responsibility. Being born gay is not a crime. Unknowingly passing on an STD, while unfortunate, is not a crime. It's not the same as rape, pedophilia, or cannibalism.

Either way I'm not defending anyone here. You made it seem like gays use the whole 'I was born that way' as an excuse to do and spread whatever they want. But gays are born that way. Everyone has the same social responsibility to not pass on STD's.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 24 2011, 02:29 PM) *

Spyder stop projecting your gay on him.
daprofessor
in this day and age...i would think a openly gay boxer would be welcomed. there might be jokes and shit talk from other fighters...but i'm guessing it won't be much. imagine a guy talking a world of shit about a gay fighter then getting his ass whooped on national television by that same fighter. that would be hard blow to deal with. (pun intended) lol. i'm not a homophobe...so i'd have absolutely no problem with an openly gay boxer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.