Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who should maidana fight now?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
His fight with guerrero is off, and his trainer came out and said he's having trouble making 140. Who do you guys think he should fight?

Personally id like to see a rematch with Khan at 147 but I don't see Khan taking that even though it would probably draw attention. Alexander also sounds like another opponent, they could both test each other at 147 since he is looking to move up too.
What do you guys think?
Col Reb
I'd love to see him fight Spadafora, but a Bradley fight would make sense.
BigG
Winner of Morales vs Mathysee or Anthony Peterson
checkleft
Of course those two would be good at 140. But I figured since he struggles to make that weight maybe opponents at 147 would be better suited. And on that path we might get the ortiz maidana rematch in the long run
EAlbian
I'll take Maidana vs Mosley or Berto
BoxingStill#1
mike jones......
King Eugene
Peterson or Alexander for his #2 spot on the WBC rankings.
checkleft
I would love to see maidana destroy Alexander. The Peterson fight however sounds like a war, winner gets Khan maybe...
checkleft
So true, this guy has had three fight of the year candidates in the past three years, and I think two fight of the year honors.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 26 2011, 01:35 AM) *
Maidana = The Test. Any takers?

Ill take that...

Maidana the gate keeper...
Cshel86
He's supposed to fight on 9/16 in Argentina (can't remember the guy's name). I would like for him to fight Tweety Bird Bradley at 140, Guerrero of course, or rematch Morales. A fight with Peterson would be a hell-storm for nobody other than Peterson. I would have only liked to see him fight Alexander, if he wouldn't have looked so shitty and uptight against Matthysse. It's clear that Maidana would be too busy and too much of a hell storm for Alexander to weather, and I dont believe Alexander is seasoned enough to deal with the adversity that Maidana brings to the ring. No matter who Maidana's opponent it, they are already aware of the fact that they will have to check their hearts and egos before stepping in the ring with him, because he brings it...win or lose...it's never guaranteed to be a clean victory of the favorite going into the fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.