Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@6PM(PT)/9PM(ET): Silva vs. Okami: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Jack 1000
For all the action and reaction to tonight's UFC World Middleweight Title Fight Card. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
AussieLad
So who is everyone taking. Silva is the clear favourite obviously, and rightly so. Cant see how Okami is going to beat him. I dont think he can bridge the gap for a take down as well as Sonnen. He may have some success pressing the spider into the cage, but i think its just a matter of how long till he gets knocked out.

Schaub vs Nog? If nog boxes with Schaub he will get stopped. I know Nogs boxing is pretty good for a MMA fighter, but i think Schaubs too young and explosive for Nog to beat standing up. Nog will lose the boxing, then in the last round maybe go for the take down and have a little success, but not enough to win the fight. Schaub by UD

Forrest vs Rua will be interesting. I am hoping to see a rejuvenated Rua put on a dominant performance and get a rematch with Jones down the track. The Shogun that fought Jones the first time was a sitting duck with the injuries before the fight. If he shows up 100% that becomes a whole lot more competitive. But for this fight i am taking Shogun over Forrest.

Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 27 2011, 05:45 PM) *
So who is everyone taking. Silva is the clear favourite obviously, and rightly so. Cant see how Okami is going to beat him. I dont think he can bridge the gap for a take down as well as Sonnen. He may have some success pressing the spider into the cage, but i think its just a matter of how long till he gets knocked out.

I've pegged Okami for the win for a while now, but if the prelims tonight are any indication, he will be in for a rough night. The refs are standing fighters up tonight within 10 seconds every time it hits the ground, regardless of what is taking place. Seems like they want to set the precedent early so that when Silva/Okami happens tonight and they keep standing them up, no one can accuse them of favoritism.

If Okami wins it tonight he's gonna have to earn it. He won't be able to do a Chael Sonnen-style fight tonight.

Schaub vs Nog? If nog boxes with Schaub he will get stopped. I know Nogs boxing is pretty good for a MMA fighter, but i think Schaubs too young and explosive for Nog to beat standing up. Nog will lose the boxing, then in the last round maybe go for the take down and have a little success, but not enough to win the fight. Schaub by UD

Picking Big Nog to pull it off by submission, maybe even something crazy like a gogo or triangle.

Forrest vs Rua will be interesting. I am hoping to see a rejuvenated Rua put on a dominant performance and get a rematch with Jones down the track. The Shogun that fought Jones the first time was a sitting duck with the injuries before the fight. If he shows up 100% that becomes a whole lot more competitive. But for this fight i am taking Shogun over Forrest.

Taking Shogun too, but you never know which Shogun will show up, because he'll fight even when he's injured. (Which is all the time now.)
Warlord
Wow, the Brazilian crowd REALLY sucks dick. When they aren't chanting Rio or Brazil, they're booing fighters every time it hits the ground. They're even booing fighters who speak English in the post-fight interviews.

I hope this ends all the bullshit about "American fans" being the worst sports fans in the world, and the myth that fans in other countries are more respectful. Other than Japan, that shit right there is a myth.
Warlord
Big Nog stops Schaub in the first with punches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JONdaCON817
dammit Schaub... i really like Him, he has the skills and drive to be an elite Heavy... but damn he cant keep gettin KOd. what happened?
Warlord
Shogun Rua vs. Forrest Griffin up next.
Warlord
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 27 2011, 10:00 PM) *
dammit Schaub... i really like Him, he has the skills and drive to be an elite Heavy... but damn he cant keep gettin KOd. what happened?

He caught Big Nog with some good shots, but Nog ate them and moved forward, landing a good 1-2, hurting Schaub. Then Nog just poured it on from there until the ref stopped it. It was a good stoppage becuase Schaub wasn't defending himself, but it wasn't devastating. Schaub was up walking around a few minutes later.
Warlord
Shogun stops Griffin with punches in the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warlord
Shogun's the man. That's the happiest I've seen him in awhile.
Warlord
Anderson is one of the ugliest human beings on the planet and he talks like a girl. I hope Okami knocks that "x" off his chromosome and helps him become a man.
Warlord
Kenny and Mike sure are inhaling Silva's nuts deeply. Wicked, sinful faggotry going on here.
Warlord
Poor Okami's got his work cut out for him. He's fighting the ref, judges, commentators, crowd, AND Anderson Silva.
Warlord
Anderson's feeling himself up. Stroking his own breasts and hips. What a fucking fag.
Warlord
Anderson looks like he's gotta take a dump.
Warlord
Decent first round, Anderson should take it for the head kick he landed at the end. Okami better start going for takedowns from here on out.
Warlord
Wow, that kick landed right on the back of Okami's head. I'm surprised he's still vertical.
Warlord
I don't think Okami ever recovered from that kick. He came out in a daze and Anderson flattened him. Chael Sonnen, where art thou?
Warlord
Anderson tells the crowd in Portugese that he's having an after-party, and that all well-hung sweaty black studs are welcomed free of charge.
TheFonz
Your Anderson hate something out of a movie. LOL
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 27 2011, 10:04 PM) *
Anderson tells the crowd in Portugese that he's having an after-party, and that all well-hung sweaty black studs are welcomed free of charge.

LMAO... You know Bazooka is crazy Jealous right now. lol
Warlord
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 28 2011, 10:21 AM) *
LMAO... You know Bazooka is crazy Jealous right now. lol

It's been oddly quiet here. He probably hopped a plane and flew down to Brazil pronto. Musta been a wild night. I heard Anderson is a freak.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 28 2011, 08:59 PM) *
It's been oddly quiet here. He probably hopped a plane and flew down to Brazil pronto. Musta been a wild night. I heard Anderson is a freak.

Hahahahahhaha

Funny i was in Hawaii.

Caught the fight in a bar though they love Anderson down there. And just like i expected he made a good fighter look like sh*t Anderson is head and shoulders above anyone in MMA.

No one is touching Anderson right now and if that lying, cheating POS Sonnen gets past Stann i can't waite to see a rematch and see Silva brutalize and send that lil bitch to the hosptial.

Shogun had a good win but i don't see him going anywhere near the title as long as Jones is holding it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.