Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Allmenjoi8
24/7 had a great premiere. The highlight of course was the argument between Jr. and Sr. That was not scripted and if it was everyone in that gym deserves an Oscar. I gained new respect for Roger simply because he stayed out of the argument between Sr. and Jr. plus he calmed Jr. down. Also his comment about Ortiz "Who the fuck is Ortiz? He ain't kin to me" great! Victor story is a good one and his team seems to be cool people. I did not know his trainer had issues with his brother. Family Feuds everywhere. I still like May in this fight sorry Vic black eye.gif
Method
This fight aint gonna be close. Bet.
Cshel86
Best 24/7 premiere in a while! Everybody seemed to have a serious case of "white shit on the corner of their mouth" syndrome though laugh.gif
KookedKrack
No way that was scripted, I've seen plenty of fights start that way. One minute everyone is joking next minute fists are flying.
Method
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 27 2011, 11:12 PM) *
"white shit on the corner of their mouth" syndrome though

Hahahahaha. Wait, Im assuming you're talking about cocaine, right? Otherwise, this should go in the "gay" thread.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 27 2011, 11:23 PM) *
Hahahahaha. Wait, Im assuming you're talking about cocaine, right? Otherwise, this should go in the "gay" thread.

Hahahaha!!! Cocaine could've been the result! Hell, Ortiz and his brother had that "white corner action" going on too. Damn, Im sure they had bottled water on the set, smh.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Aug 27 2011, 11:18 PM) *
No way that was scripted, I've seen plenty of fights start that way. One minute everyone is joking next minute fists are flying.

Exactly...it's funny how the people with rocky relationships, always tend to try their hand at joking around with each other...knowing that the shit is going to boil over at any moment.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 28 2011, 03:31 PM) *
Exactly...it's funny how the people with rocky relationships, always tend to try their hand at joking around with each other...knowing that the shit is going to boil over at any moment.

It's coz those 'jokes' are always loaded with little insults inside of them laugh.gif
gravytrain
i think the only good thing about this episode was Mayweather's dad calling his son out. it'll take more than a shoulder roll to stop the real Floyd Joy. the black Mr. Clean wants no part of old man muscle.
Allmenjoi8
"Fuck your gym" "You can't fight" man they need prayer in that group. "No one wants to train with you" "There are only two Mayweathers...I ain't no Jr." I am sure next week there will be hugs and kisses.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 27 2011, 11:33 PM) *
It's coz those 'jokes' are always loaded with little insults inside of them laugh.gif

Indeed! Yet the ones who are arguing feel the need for everybody to hear them go back and forth with each other.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 27 2011, 11:06 PM) *
24/7 had a great premiere. The highlight of course was the argument between Jr. and Sr. That was not scripted and if it was everyone in that gym deserves an Oscar. I gained new respect for Roger simply because he stayed out of the argument between Sr. and Jr. plus he calmed Jr. down. Also his comment about Ortiz "Who the fuck is Ortiz? He ain't kin to me" great! Victor story is a good one and his team seems to be cool people. I did not know his trainer had issues with his brother. Family Feuds everywhere. I still like May in this fight sorry Vic black eye.gif

Yeah that was either a sign of maturity on Roger's part, or he is just as tired of arguing with this old, jealous, and resentful prude. Glad he stayed out of this one, or else the argument should have started at the 15 minute mark or the episode, lol. Besides, I dont think anybody could stomach Floyd Sr. and Roger arguing, since they are both punch-drunk and hard to understand at times. Roger is the funniest though, and Im sure he was only getting warmed up with that Ortiz comment. His classic 24/7 line..."Why should he still be hungry? Why do Bill Gates still make dem fuckin' computers? Huh?"
E.C.LEGEND
I wanted to see Sr hit Jr. That could have been handled differently. Yeah you fight(argue) with your parents but Jr went overboard. I wonder if Jr would have given the thumbs down if Sr hit him? lol
BoxingFan86
Big Floyd can't handle the truth, it seems.

"How can you train someone when you're in jail?"
Eighty88Eight
one of the better episodes of 24/7... "who the fuck wants to train with you?" ouch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Aug 28 2011, 12:09 AM) *
I wanted to see Sr hit Jr. That could have been handled differently. Yeah you fight(argue) with your parents but Jr went overboard. I wonder if Jr would have given the thumbs down if Sr hit him? lol

Yeah he did go overboard when he called him a "faggot" and started to cuss at him like he didn't even know him. Im pretty sure Floyd Jr is sick of his dad and his ways, but that shit got too ugly for tv. He must really have some resentment towards Sr. if he talks to him that way.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 28 2011, 12:14 AM) *
Big Floyd can't handle the truth, it seems.

"How can you train someone when you're in jail?"

Thats what jumped it off right there no2.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 28 2011, 12:14 AM) *
one of the better episodes of 24/7... "who the fuck wants to train with you?" ouch.

Yeah Floyd Jr. threw more low blows than Mares when this shit went down. He must have been ready to fight, because some of that stuff he said was grounds for an ass-whoopin'.
Box in Hand
Classic line, "I wouldn't know his ass from another bag of white rice" Roger Mayweather is the Charlie Sheen of boxing.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 28 2011, 12:56 AM) *
Classic line, "I wouldn't know his ass from another bag of white rice" Roger Mayweather is the Charlie Sheen of boxing.

#Winning
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 28 2011, 12:56 AM) *

Hahaha!!! The white rice part threw me off! I was expecting him to say " I wouldn't know him from a "can of paint", but the white rice part came out, lol.
E.C.LEGEND
Ortiz better get his camp 100% commited to him. That "I have to do my other job" shit ain't going to cut it with the biggest fight of his life coming up.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Aug 28 2011, 01:08 AM) *
Ortiz better get his camp 100% commited to him. That "I have to do my other job" shit ain't going to cut it with the biggest fight of his life coming up.

I know, right? This 24/7 is more like a (dysfunctional) family affair. Both camps are fucked up in their own ways.

"I love my brother, but I don't know if he loves me." - Danny Garcia

That's some sad shit.
Hotsauce
i wouldn't be surprised if jr and sr make up on next week episode.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 28 2011, 01:52 AM) *
i wouldn't be surprised if jr and sr make up on next week episode.

I'm sure they both feel bad for how it went down and what they said, but with those comments that flew around I think it would take a little while for this one. You don't call your dad a faggot and tell him he wasn't shit as a fighter in front of a bunch of friends and family and make up for it the following week. Also these guys were calling each other out to fight and that ain't a good sign. There is some hatred here from Jr. to Sr. that is obvious.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 28 2011, 02:05 AM) *
I'm sure they both feel bad for how it went down and what they said, but with those comments that flew around I think it would take a little while for this one. You don't call your dad a faggot and tell him he wasn't shit as a fighter in front of a bunch of friends and family and make up for it the following week. Also these guys were calling each other out to fight and that ain't a good sign. There is some hatred here from Jr. to Sr. that is obvious.

the agrument between jr and sr happened 10 days ago.

if it ain't next week episode.

they will make up on one of the episodes.
D-MARV
Victor Ortiz is BORING! I turned to Jersey Shore everytime the went to him. The fight at the end was crazy... Jr was a real dickhead to his father. I would have loved to seen Sr. slap his ass.
TheFonz
I think Floyd is starting to break down mentally.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 28 2011, 08:24 AM) *

How so?

I think Sr. and Jr. have a very turbulant relationship. We only get to see one side of it. Maybe Jr. clearly has unresolved issues with his father and maybe his father doesn't understand that all water isn't under the bridge between the two. It was an ugly fight and I am sure they both said things in the heat of the argument. It happens. I did not know Sr. served jail time while Floyd was a kid. Sucks.

Did anyone peep how Curtis Jackson (50 Cent) through a fit cause some guy was eating his box of crackers? I had to laugh at that while listening to "Many Men." Then the dude came back and said "No one wants your box of crackers" lol!!! It was a great opener and Victor Ortiz has his work cut out for him. Less surfing more ring work!
caneman
In case any of y'all missed it!
caneman
lmao @ the weather warning @ the end!
Method
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 28 2011, 11:16 AM) *
In case any of y'all missed it!

As great as Sr has beento this site, and as much as I like the guy, he brings all of this shit on himself. I mean, he's either starved for attention, perhaps because of the sacrifices he's had to make w his own career to make ends meet, but he NEVER misses an opportunity to whore all the credit...or to remind anyone how great a trainer he is and how he's the reason Floyd Jr is who he is.
Spyder
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 28 2011, 09:24 AM) *

The legal problems are weighing pretty heavy on his mind...that part was pretty obvious.

But that's where it ends...he has ZERO doubts about the handpicked opponent.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 28 2011, 09:37 AM) *
How so?

I think Sr. and Jr. have a very turbulant relationship. We only get to see one side of it. Maybe Jr. clearly has unresolved issues with his father and maybe his father doesn't understand that all water isn't under the bridge between the two. It was an ugly fight and I am sure they both said things in the heat of the argument. It happens. I did not know Sr. served jail time while Floyd was a kid. Sucks.

Did anyone peep how Curtis Jackson (50 Cent) through a fit cause some guy was eating his box of crackers? I had to laugh at that while listening to "Many Men." Then the dude came back and said "No one wants your box of crackers" lol!!! It was a great opener and Victor Ortiz has his work cut out for him. Less surfing more ring work!

The argument with Sr. is the least of my concerns though it troubles me that it got crazy in front of the camera's and that it was in fact Jr. who excalated the argument. They where talking about training to female fighter and Floyd Jr. went personal with everything.

I'm more concerned with the fact that he is engaged with to with this chick and I just get a bad feeling from her (She was giving off that crazy Robin Givens vibe). All the legal shit is eating away at this dude and he can't see it. He is a great fighter and I'm not betting against him, but if ever there where chance for an upset this would be it. Vic is dumb enough (I mean that in a good way.) that he will make the most of this opportunity and if there is any kind of lapse on Jr's part it could be a sad day for the Floyd huggers.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 28 2011, 11:42 AM) *
The argument with Sr. is the least of my concerns though it troubles me that it got crazy in front of the camera's and that it was in fact Jr. who excalated the argument. They where talking about training to female fighter and Floyd Jr. went personal with everything.

I'm more concerned with the fact that he is engaged with to with this chick and I just get a bad feeling from her (She was giving off that crazy Robin Givens vibe). All the legal shit is eating away at this dude and he can't see it. He is a great fighter and I'm not betting against him, but if ever there where chance for an upset this would be it. Vic is dumb enough (I mean that in a good way.) that he will make the most of this opportunity and if there is any kind of lapse on Jr's part it could be a sad day for the Floyd huggers.

As far as his "fiancee" goes she is a typical one. The only thing that seemed to be real about her was that rock that she had on. Women like that come with the territory. Just watch Basketball Wives..... Well what he said about the legal issues "fuck it" right now he has to be a professional which means he has to block out all distractions. Maybe the ring is his place of peace where he can forget about all the problems. I do not think Ortiz is a smart enough boxer to hang with May, I do not see that with him. I have May by a stoppage in round 10
Romulus9
I watched it. It was an interesting episode but it sure wasn't amusing. It was sad. You can't believably script that kind of anger, resentment, and dysfunction. That was real, and it was sad to watch. Both of them crossed the line but at least Floyd Jr. made some good points. Old Floyd never works with any of his clients for very long, he couldn't train anyone while he was locked up, and he really wasn't worth a whole lot as a fighter. Best trainer in the world? He's not the best trainer in his family, and I'm not all that sold on Roger's work.

Best part of the episode? Miss Jackson. Good Lord. Just let her host the damn thing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 28 2011, 09:37 AM) *
How so?

Yeah that was the beginning of the end of their father/son relationship. Floyd was left in the wind for a while, and that has to suck for somebody that was forced into boxing in the first place. Dude finished his amateur career, went to the olympics, and went pro while Sr. was gone no2.gif Now Sr. feels like Floyd owes him the world, when in fact, Floyd Jr.'s success as a pro, gave Sr. another chance at life...and a GOOD LIFE, might I add. In my opinion, they are even, so Sr. needs to shut up. His son could've ended up being a nobody or a career criminal, while he was away in prison, and Im pretty sure Sr. wouldn't be proud of his decisions as a father, let alone be able to look in the mirror everyday...bet he wouldn't be bragging about being "the reason why his son is what he is today". When you hear about Sr., he was a welterweight "contender" and "the guy" that fought Sugar Ray Leonard, when you hear about Roger, he was a two-time world champion, when you hear about Floyd, he is the multi-division champ and one of the biggest stars in the sport. See why Sr. is always so upset?
caneman
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 28 2011, 12:07 PM) *
I watched it. It was an interesting episode but it sure wasn't amusing. It was sad. You can't believably script that kind of anger, resentment, and dysfunction. That was real, and it was sad to watch. Both of them crossed the line but at least Floyd Jr. made some good points. Old Floyd never works with any of his clients for very long, he couldn't train anyone while he was locked up, and he really wasn't worth a whole lot as a fighter. Best trainer in the world? He's not the best trainer in his family, and I'm not all that sold on Roger's work.

Best part of the episode? Miss Jackson. Good Lord. Just let her host the damn thing.

+1 Nude would work for me! lol
xxxxxx
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 28 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Yeah that was the beginning of the end of their father/son relationship. Floyd was left in the wind for a while, and that has to suck for somebody that was forced into boxing in the first place. Dude finished his amateur career, went to the olympics, and went pro while Sr. was gone no2.gif Now Sr. feels like Floyd owes him the world, when in fact, Floyd Jr.'s success as a pro, gave Sr. another chance at life...and a GOOD LIFE, might I add. In my opinion, they are even, so Sr. needs to shut up. His son could've ended up being a nobody or a career criminal, while he was away in prison, and Im pretty sure Sr. wouldn't be proud of his decisions as a father, let alone be able to look in the mirror everyday...bet he wouldn't be bragging about being "the reason why his son is what he is today". When you hear about Sr., he was a welterweight "contender" and "the guy" that fought Sugar Ray Leonard, when you hear about Roger, he was a two-time world champion, when you hear about Floyd, he is the multi-division champ and one of the biggest stars in the sport. See why Sr. is always so upset?

I think he just wants credit for starting it. Sr. got his brothers into boxing and also his son. So in his eyes no one would of had any success in the sport of boxing if it wasn't for him which may be true.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 28 2011, 12:29 PM) *
I think he just wants credit for starting it. Sr. got his brothers into boxing and also his son. So in his eyes no one would of had any success in the sport of boxing if it wasn't for him which may be true.

floyd jr always give his dad credit.

just watch the beginning of the episode.

its just that both floyd jr and sr have huge egos.

also it seems like floyd sr never gives credit to roger.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 28 2011, 01:37 PM) *
floyd jr always give his dad credit.

just watch the beginning of the episode.

its just that both floyd jr and sr have huge egos.

also it seems like floyd sr never gives credit to roger.

Yes they both have big egos, but Sr. may want to check his a little more often. He got the whole boxing thing started, but he fucked up along the way. There was only so much he could've done about getting shot in the leg, but the prison situation was all of his actions. He may want to thank God that Jr.'s ego and resentment towards him wasn't so big, that he abandoned him after his reease from prison. Now that would've been something for Sr. to be pissy about if you ask me. Again, he started the boxing tradition, but everybody as "mature adults" took their own path in boxing. He cries about Floyd thinking that he did everything on his own, but if Sr. discredits Roger's work, then he is basically saying that Floyd trained himself...which is far from the truth.
gravytrain
i think Ortiz might be kind of slow. you can just look at him and tell his brain doesn't have much activity going on.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 28 2011, 12:49 PM) *
As far as his "fiancee" goes she is a typical one. The only thing that seemed to be real about her was that rock that she had on. Women like that come with the territory. Just watch Basketball Wives..... Well what he said about the legal issues "fuck it" right now he has to be a professional which means he has to block out all distractions. Maybe the ring is his place of peace where he can forget about all the problems. I do not think Ortiz is a smart enough boxer to hang with May, I do not see that with him. I have May by a stoppage in round 10

you sound kind of jealous. Ellerbe probably is too. you two can team up and end the relationship, just don't let Leo get some alone time or he'll be the rebound. this girl does seem like she's about the money though. it's like that girl Married to Lamar Odom, i watched their show one time and all she talked about was "our money" and "we need to".
Spyder
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 28 2011, 01:07 PM) *

Did anyone else notice Floyd talk much more fondly of Fidy than he did his cover...I mean 'fiance', Miss Jackson?

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 28 2011, 02:22 PM) *
you sound kind of jealous. Ellerbe probably is too. you two can team up and end the relationship, just don't let Leo get some alone time or he'll be the rebound. this girl does seem like she's about the money though. it's like that girl Married to Lamar Odom, i watched their show one time and all she talked about was "our money" and "we need to".

What is there to be jealous about? She is a very pretty woman. But she in my opinion seems a bit manufactured. This is from the outside looking in. They could be deeply in love with each other and have a serious connection, I do not know. I am judging by what I saw. I mean when he went to kiss her she just touched his cheek with hers. Maybe she has issues with public display of affection. I am just telling you right now, if May wasn't May, Miss Jackson would be with another baller. Its no big deal, as long as they are happy. I am sorry that you wasted minutes of your life watching Lamar and his wife. Really feel for you on that one.

They argument between Sr. and Jr. was hard to watch. Really sad. I am sure there are many issues between the two. Let's hope next week they can show the two of them speaking or at least apologizing each other.
SmartyBeardo
Let's hope it doesn't end like Marvin Gay Sr & Jr did.
neophyte7
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 28 2011, 03:10 PM) *
i think Ortiz might be kind of slow. you can just look at him and tell his brain doesn't have much activity going on.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 28 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Let's hope it doesn't end like Marvin Gay Sr & Jr did.

Both of these men are smart and admit their hangups with the other.. they also have a mutual respect when it comes to their differences and controversies steming from their diffrencies relative to the media, and their use to keep the mayweather name in the media. Bottom line.. the Sr and JR relationship is a big part of the Mayweather mystique... MARVIN GAY was dopefiend who truly hated his father.. no concrete parallels here BEARDO
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 28 2011, 01:53 PM) *
Both of these men are smart and admit their hangups with the other.. they also have a mutual respect when it comes to their differences and controversies steming from their diffrencies relative to the media, and their use to keep the mayweather name in the media. Bottom line.. the Sr and JR relationship is a big part of the Mayweather mystique... MARVIN GAY was dopefiend who truly hated his father.. no concrete parallels here BEARDO

Didn't say there were any parallels. But when you start calling your father a faggot etc, you are askin' to get sonned. BTW, I saw no respect going down there. "I'm not junior."

In other words, I hope one of them does not end up dead prematurely.
Cshel86
Hope Floyd has that prenuptial agreement locked and loaded for this blow-up doll of a fiance' that he's showing off. He should be looking at Shane's new "liability" that he picked up in midst of all of the other bullshit he's dealing with. A man with Floyd's money (or millions period) is similar to a woman's vagina...no guy is going to do anything for you, make you feel like somebody, etc without the hopes "getting some". It just doesn't work like that, when you have that much money. Those legal fees aint no hoe either, whether you beat the case or not, it still COSTS, and it costs nasty money in Floyd's case.

1. Flashy lifestyle (clothes, money, cars, homes, entertainment, etc)
2. A bunch of leeches on your camp ("I dont even know everybody's last name"...not good)
3. 4 children (currently battling baby mamas for $65k+ a month in child support)
4. 6 pending court cases ($$$)
5. Taking care of immediate family ($$$)
6. A blow-up doll waiting to cash out ($$$)
7. Getting old in a physical sport that you cant compete in forever, and it's you primary source of income (bad situation)

If #6 pops out a few crumb-snatchers and plays her cards right, then any amount of money that he brings in will be taxed to the fullest extent...aside from #3, which is gonna be there forever. Maybe we will see this dude fight EVERYBODY that calls him out after a while, because #3 and #6 is a bill that will never be paid off. No more long layoffs...
Method
When he was going off about how dominant he's been for the past 16 years, all's I was thinking is, well, you weren't even active for a handful of those years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.