Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Box in Hand
I go away for one day and come back and this forum turned into guessing if Mayweather is gay.....WTF? Get a life and speak on the sport not someone's sexual preference! I don't care if he's gay or not, he's doing a lot better than me and any of you other weirdos.
sduck
You guys still live in the 20th Century? Since when was being gay taboo?

How Floyd Jr talks to his daddy is his own business. They have their history, he has his reasons for resentment... I have a deadbeat father and I don't even know him, so I don't know what I would do in Floyd's situation. They both were being hotheaded and shouldn't of made it a public altercation.

Another thing, either Floyd must be really dumb when it comes to women, or "Ms. Jackson" is just really scared to show public affection, because that shit looks fake to me.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 10:53 PM) *
Allmenjoi8 is a woman..

Thank you and a good looking one at that.

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 30 2011, 02:17 AM) *
I go away for one day and come back and this forum turned into guessing if Mayweather is gay.....WTF? Get a life and speak on the sport not someone's sexual preference! I don't care if he's gay or not, he's doing a lot better than me and any of you other weirdos.

I agree 1000000000000000%. Some cats love debating this dude's sexuality, why is beyond me.

QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 30 2011, 07:11 AM) *
You guys still live in the 20th Century? Since when was being gay taboo?

How Floyd Jr talks to his daddy is his own business. They have their history, he has his reasons for resentment... I have a deadbeat father and I don't even know him, so I don't know what I would do in Floyd's situation. They both were being hotheaded and shouldn't of made it a public altercation.

Another thing, either Floyd must be really dumb when it comes to women, or "Ms. Jackson" is just really scared to show public affection, because that shit looks fake to me.

Not everyone has a great relationship with their parents. And something must of happen to the leadup of the altercation that HBO did not show. It was hard to watch but like Jeff Mayweather said, its been a long time coming.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:30 AM) *
Thank you and a good looking one at that.

I agree 1000000000000000%. Some cats love debating this dude's sexuality, why is beyond me.

Not everyone has a great relationship with their parents. And something must of happen to the leadup of the altercation that HBO did not show. It was hard to watch but like Jeff Mayweather said, its been a long time coming.

Since I can't see your face, I will just take your word for that one laugh.gif
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 29 2011, 05:28 PM) *
You didn't get the memo?

that's hilarious... the clip where he's smiling and rubbing Floyd looks pretty gay even in normal frame rate.
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:30 AM) *

Are you serious? I believe YOU opened the fucking debate in a thread you AUTHORED entitled, "OPENLY GAY BOXER".

SMFH
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 30 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Are you serious? I believe YOU opened the fucking debate in a thread you AUTHORED entitled, "OPENLY GAY BOXER".

SMFH

i don't think anyone is debating his sexuality other than people saying he's straight. i'm just reminding people how suspicious this dude really is.
Fitz
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 12:18 AM) *

SMFH

Women, huh?
King Eugene
Eh...who gives a shit if he's gay or not. The dude can fight...thats all that matters.

This altercation was kind of brutal. Both of them where wrong. Sr. should accept the fact he only built the foundation but Floyd took it to the next level and Jr. still should show a certain level of respect to the man who gave him life. He went overboard at the end of the argument in my opinion but eh...his life not mine.
Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 30 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Eh...who gives a shit if he's gay or not. The dude can fight...thats all that matters.

This altercation was kind of brutal. Both of them where wrong. Sr. should accept the fact he only built the foundation but Floyd took it to the next level and Jr. still should show a certain level of respect to the man who gave him life. He went overboard at the end of the argument in my opinion but eh...his life not mine.

Yeah pops definitely needs to know his place. He just wants his ass kissed properly, and he feels overlooked, so his pride is hurting. For somebody that went to prison for 5 years and came home to a son that was on his way to making multi-millions, somebody sounds kinda unappreciative. The fact that his son probably still despises him on his own time, but still verbally and financially support him, says a lot, in my opinion.
King Eugene
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 07:20 PM) *
For somebody that went to prison for 5 years and came home to a son that was on his way to making multi-millions, somebody sounds kinda unappreciative. The fact that his son probably still despises him on his own time, but still verbally and financially support him, says a lot, in my opinion.

Exactly! A point is always made that "my daddy going to get some money too." Sr. should just STFU, get his money and make his name with other fighters.

Hell to be honest if he really wants to make a point, get a young raw talent fresh out the amateurs and take him all the way to a championship. Then he can say "I made one and it aint no problem for me to make another..."
Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 30 2011, 07:25 PM) *
Exactly! A point is always made that "my daddy going to get some money too." Sr. should just STFU, get his money and make his name with other fighters.

Hell to be honest if he really wants to make a point, get a young raw talent fresh out the amateurs and take him all the way to a championship. Then he can say "I made one and it aint no problem for me to make another..."

This is a great point...too bad Sr. is too dumb to do it. He wants to train his son again (for the 3rd time) and that's ALL he wants to do. If your son is willing to give you money (possibly millions or close to it) every time he makes it, then that should be enough. To think about it, Floyd is 34, how much more does he really need to learn at this point in his career? That goes to show you that Sr. just wants to put in some training work with Floyd (publicly) and take the credit after Jr. wins the fight...just to say that he did something. Dude still looks at Floyd like a child, and he is the only one lost in transition. Like you said, he needs to find a young fighter and build him up, because trying to do it with FMJ is a kiss in the wind at this point.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 11:09 PM) *
This is a great point...too bad Sr. is too dumb to do it. He wants to train his son again (for the 3rd time) and that's ALL he wants to do. If your son is willing to give you money (possibly millions or close to it) every time he makes it, then that should be enough. To think about it, Floyd is 34, how much more does he really need to learn at this point in his career? That goes to show you that Sr. just wants to put in some training work with Floyd (publicly) and take the credit after Jr. wins the fight...just to say that he did something. Dude still looks at Floyd like a child, and he is the only one lost in transition. Like you said, he needs to find a young fighter and build him up, because trying to do it with FMJ is a kiss in the wind at this point.

Lost in transition is a great way to put it. I couldn't have chosen better descriptive words myself.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 30 2011, 11:17 PM) *
Lost in transition is a great way to put it. I couldn't have chosen better descriptive words myself.

Yeah dude probably think's Floyd Jr. hasn't even lost his first tooth yet no2.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:19 PM) *
Yeah dude probably think's Floyd Jr. hasn't even lost his first tooth yet no2.gif

Toof.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 30 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Toof.

Roger, is that you? laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 30 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Toof.

laugh.gif I was no good after I read that! Toof?! Lmao!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 30 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Roger, is that you? laugh.gif

Roger Mayweather aka Ruthless Toothless!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:28 PM) *
Roger Mayweather aka Ruthless Toothless!

Roofless Toofless!
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 30 2011, 11:30 PM) *
Roofless Toofless!

laugh.gif clapping.gif
CrazyBuffalO
Boy do I envy you guys for havin' watched this. I haven't yet. The TV here in the Philippines doesn't show 24/7s other than Pacquiao's.
I would usually have to watch 24/7s other than Pacquiao's on the internet or something. I dunno when this will be coming out online.
Method
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 06:58 AM) *

I thought he was going to go ahead and kiss 50 Pennies right there and then.
jlupi
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Aug 31 2011, 01:51 AM) *
Boy do I envy you guys for havin' watched this. I haven't yet. The TV here in the Philippines doesn't show 24/7s other than Pacquiao's.
I would usually have to watch 24/7s other than Pacquiao's on the internet or something. I dunno when this will be coming out online.

youtube
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (jlupi @ Sep 1 2011, 12:09 AM) *
youtube

I watch at youtube from time to time.

But they get taken down by HBO very quick due to copyright concerns. The only time they are "legally" allowed on youtube is when several weeks have passed since the TV airing.
duwdu
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 04:09 PM) *
"He thanks everyone but his daddy. He thanks Leonard Ellerbe, a homosexual, I know he's a homosexual and everyone else knows it. You can print that because I said it, I can tell you nothing else but how gay he is."

Floyd Mayweather Sr.

Whoa, hadn't remembered this Sr. saying before. How on earth does Sr. then expect himself to be truly welcome in Jr.'s camp/gym/life with this kind of mindset?

P34c3
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 31 2011, 03:17 PM) *
Whoa, hadn't remembered this Sr. saying before. How on earth does Sr. then expect himself to be truly welcome in Jr.'s camp/gym/life with this kind of mindset?

P34c3

he expects everybody to agree and be deferential and to slink around beneath his presence and genius. kinda like how obama expects it.
duwdu
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Aug 31 2011, 01:51 AM) *

This is no longer taboo: Join at least one boxing forum where regular cappers contribute, there are quite a number of them out there...then learn to download stuff from the Internet, in some cases within hours of a broadcast. Dudes especially in your position really have not much much of a choice. Besides, the capital outlay can be quite low.

I hope I'm not preaching to Mother Theresa...

P34c3
duwdu
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 03:26 PM) *
he expects everybody to agree and be deferential and to slink around beneath his presence and genius. kinda like how obama expects it.

Time! (Turning...) One point deducted for low blow!! (Turning...) One point deducted for low blow!! (Turning...) One point deducted for low blow!! (Turning...) [That was right on Obama's cup, man!! Do it one more time and you're disqualified!!!]

(Turning...) Are you alright?...

P34c3
Cshel86
QUOTE (duwdu @ Aug 31 2011, 03:17 PM) *

P34c3

I'm sure he doesn't care anymore, so he's going for broke at this point. Whether or not the statement was true, who knows. He got owned in "the big fallout" on national television, and Jr. was twice the ignoranus that he is on a daily basis. They both said too much to patch up...
Allmenjoi8
What amazes me about this fight between Sr. and Jr. is that before this blow up everyone was talking about what a piece a shit Sr. is and now all of the sudden they feel bad for the guy. No one can be shocked that Jr. has issues with his dad and to be honest this is the relationship that they have had. They did not speak for 8 years what would you expect? Their relationship has been turbulent, it is not going to change because cameras were present. What we witnessed was reality and some of it was hard to watch. They never did not hit each other, just a lot of jaw jacking that crossed lines, each man has a role to play in the argument. But to put it all on Jr. is stupid. Sr. knows how to get under his son's skin, vica versa. There are issues there that have been festering for a very long time. It came and we saw it. You witnessed a pissed off and hurt son and a surprised and equally pissed off and hurt father. A lot goes on behind the scenes that we do not know. Both men crossed the line and both men will have to figure out what their relationship will be....
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 1 2011, 04:53 AM) *
This is no longer taboo: Join at least one boxing forum where regular cappers contribute, there are quite a number of them out there...then learn to download stuff from the Internet, in some cases within hours of a broadcast. Dudes especially in your position really have not much much of a choice. Besides, the capital outlay can be quite low.

I hope I'm not preaching to Mother Theresa...

P34c3

Thanks. I know how to dl stuffs from the net. The problem is more on the timing. By the time I usually come online, the stuffs I like are no longer online (taken back down for whatever reason).
Or for some reason, I don't happen to stumble into internet posts containing links to certain downloadable stuffs that I'd love to dl. And I only spend minutes (not hours) on the internet per day. So I don't really get to dig that deep into looking for stuffs.
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 31 2011, 10:34 PM) *
What amazes me about this fight between Sr. and Jr. is that before this blow up everyone was talking about what a piece a shit Sr. is and now all of the sudden they feel bad for the guy.

I must've missed those threads. Could you point us all in the direction?

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 31 2011, 10:34 PM) *
They never did not hit each other

I don't even know what that means.

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 1 2011, 12:20 PM) *
I must've missed those threads. Could you point us all in the direction?

I don't even know what that means.

Typeo Typeo. They never hit each other. Even though they were face to face spewing insults to each other neither party raised a hand to the other...
duwdu
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 1 2011, 01:02 PM) *
Thanks. I know how to dl stuffs from the net. The problem is more on the timing. By the time I usually come online, the stuffs I like are no longer online (taken back down for whatever reason).
Or for some reason, I don't happen to stumble into internet posts containing links to certain downloadable stuffs that I'd love to dl. And I only spend minutes (not hours) on the internet per day. So I don't really get to dig that deep into looking for stuffs.

Well, you'll have to either invest the time or you don't and get nothing. Consider that the cappers who put stuff out there have to first commit to it with a passion, and then invest their own time in the first place.

Anyways, it appears to me you think you know stuff to download, but you actually don't. The content I'm referring to are never taken down. Once they're up, they stay there for years, unless there is some sort of calamity. And we're not talking some YouTube crap here. But you'll have to get to do that elsewhere like I originally advised. Sorry, this is not the right forum. Besides, one should not derail this thread.

Good luck.

P34c3
streetlion1
As a Boxing fan I like Floyd...he is the best in the sport today at 147 and below....BUT outside of the ring is a different story. I see Floyd as a 16yr old kid who just got his first paycheck and a new car...thats the type of character he displays. Now I know he does alot of charity and things for the community that arent talked about but that doesnt make up for the fact he has no humility, no character, and no respect for his father. I think Floyd Sr. just tells it like it is....he is the one who planted the seed and an argument is fine but to call his father a faggot and say that other nonsense in front of the gym and the world on 24/7 was a new low. Outside the ring Floyd is an immature piece of shit.

Now I try to seperate the boxer in-ring from the man outside of it but thats getting harder...just when I finally began to somewhat be a true fan of Floyd it got knocked out of the window with this 24/7 series....he may be the best in the ring but outside of it he needs his ass whipped or for life to serve him some humble pie in some way.

All that being said I still see no one beating him as much as I would like to see it lol....Ortiz will make it a tough fight but beyond him besides a Cotto, Martinez, or maybe a Saul Alvarez I dont see anyone really bothering Floyd and he definitely wont take those fights. I think he'll beat Ortiz....then K.O. Pacquiao in a disappointing fight on into retirement.
TheFonz
Upset.
TheFonz
Upset.
Method
Ortiz is fucked.

Man, I am not sure how exactly to put it into words, but to me it seems that he's still got WAY too much emotional baggage with his parents still fucking with his head. That or the producers really told him to talk that aspect of his life up for promotional purposes.

I really do sympathize for what his parents did. That's completely fucked up. I also thinks Ortiz deserves everything he earns in this sport.

All that don't mean shit though. Ortiz always talks about his parental situation as a sort of badge of courage that was forged into his heart, and when you watch 24/7 you almost believe it - but then you come out of it - because you remember seeing Ortiz "no mas" it a couple of years ago. He's already got the quit in him. I feel bad for what happened to him, but I am so sick of hearing about it. He;'s way to preoccupied with it and interjects it into every monologue.

It still weights way to heavy on his mind to focus on Floyd. It's painfully obvious. Couple that with Floyd has light year's of experience on him. This is gonna be a good fight. Specially if you're into lamb slaughters.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 4 2011, 12:47 AM) *
Ortiz is fucked.

Man, I am not sure how exactly to put it into words, but to me it seems that he's still got WAY too much emotional baggage with his parents still fucking with his head. That or the producers really told him to talk that aspect of his life up for promotional purposes.

I really do sympathize for what his parents did. That's completely fucked up. I also thinks Ortiz deserves everything he earns in this sport.

All that don't mean shit though. Ortiz always talks about his parental situation as a sort of badge of courage that was forged into his heart, and when you watch 24/7 you almost believe it - but then you come out of it - because you remember seeing Ortiz "no mas" it a couple of years ago. He's already got the quit in him. I feel bad for what happened to him, but I am so sick of hearing about it. He;'s way to preoccupied with it and interjects it into every monologue.

It still weights way to heavy on his mind to focus on Floyd. It's painfully obvious. Couple that with Floyd has light year's of experience on him. This is gonna be a good fight. Specially if you're into lamb slaughters.

That pretty much sums it up. Though it keeps the 24/7 storyline going, it does get boring and it seems like he cant get past it enough to focus on the fight. He produced some fireworks at the end when he talked about Floyd's money and such, but he has his work cut out for him with Mayweather.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 4 2011, 12:18 AM) *
That pretty much sums it up. Though it keeps the 24/7 storyline going, it does get boring and it seems like he cant get past it enough to focus on the fight. He produced some fireworks at the end when he talked about Floyd's money and such, but he has his work cut out for him with Mayweather.

I don't know, to me it seems like Mayweather is having too much fun in camp. 50 cent being there seems to be taking away Mayweathers focus, a complete distraction. couple that with Roger Mayweathers loss of eye sight and deteriorating health, this isn't the camp we are used to seeing out of Mayweather. At first I thought it was Floyd who looked slow on the mitts but now I lean towards Roger. Floyd looks older in there without a doubt and I really think his legal troubles are bothering him, he seem like he's carrying a lot of anger. It could be a good thing and maybe he goes in there and gets rid of Ortiz but thats not his nature. He seems different to me, like he's putting on a front. Even if he beats Ortiz can Roger's health hold up for another training camp? Does Floyd fight without Roger? Does he go into a Pacquiao fight without giving himself the absolute best chance to win?
streetlion1
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 3 2011, 11:47 PM) *
Ortiz is fucked.

To me Ortiz looks more focused than Floyd....I dont mind him talking about his past and parents. It shows other kids who may be in his situation that they can come out on top. What is really boring to me is Floyd....I mean its the same thing all the time...money, money, money and talking shit. Wheres the substance at? If that is really who he is when it boils down to it then as a person he lacks alot of insight and character. I dont think Ortiz's past ways too heavy on his mind to focus....it may be where he gets his drive and desire from and he's simply telling it like it is....Floyd has never had to struggle and doesnt have as much heart as he has.
caneman
I couldn't see making a new thread but check this story out!!! http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/is-...-from-pacquiao/
streetlion1
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 4 2011, 10:33 AM) *
I couldn't see making a new thread but check this story out!!! http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/is-...-from-pacquiao/

I dunno...I think the one being saved is Pacquiao. As much as I hate Floyd I just dont see anything Pacman doing beating Mayweather. I believe that the fact is is that Floyd said..."take the test and we'll fight" and Pacquiao didnt wanna test so there was no fight. Pacquiao has been VERY well handled since moving up in weight....I dont think Roach and Arum want him in with any slick fighters cause he'll get exposed.
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 4 2011, 10:33 AM) *

This is old news
Eighty88Eight
Mayweather is absolutely right. Ortiz' tale quickly became redundant after one episode. His corny ardor in talking about his past is boring to watch, and uncomfortable to listen to. Ortiz' sucking up to Oscar was also a really silly thing to do, and was vaguely homosexual.
Eighty88Eight
Vaguely?
Method
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 4 2011, 11:28 AM) *
I dont think Ortiz's past ways too heavy on his mind to focus....it may be where he gets his drive and desire from and he's simply telling it like it is....Floyd has never had to struggle and doesnt have as much heart as he has.

His drive and desire to QUIT? And then you turn and call it heart?
EAlbian
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 4 2011, 11:12 AM) *
His drive and desire to QUIT? And then you turn and call it heart?

I gotta agree with Method here, Ortiz has way more inclination to give up than Mayweather does. Go read some of the stuff Robert Garcia has to say about training Victor. Ortiz obviously struggled to get where he is now and may have had a harder path than Mayweather in life but in noway does he exhibit more heart than Floyd in the ring. The hunger of Ortiz and what looks like a lack of focus(could just be editing) on floyds part is what has me interested in this fight
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 4 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Mayweather is absolutely right. Ortiz' tale quickly became redundant after one episode. His corny ardor in talking about his past is boring to watch, and uncomfortable to listen to. Ortiz' sucking up to Oscar was also a really silly thing to do, and was vaguely homosexual.

Haha Mayweather claiming someone's 24/7 is becoming redundant? Didnt he start waving Benjamins around in the DLH 24/7? How many series has he done the same old shit? Look at my money, look at me. Break, here homeless dude have a turkey, people dont understand the real Floyd Mayweather, break, hey fifty come over here till I smoke your banger, i'm so rich.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.