Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
thehype
All of the 24/7's are becoming redundant. Two thumbs up for Fight Camp 360.

laugh.gif
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 4 2011, 01:32 PM) *

laugh.gif

first episode was awesome. i could do without yet another lovingly narrated montage at the end of every episode though.
streetlion1
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 4 2011, 12:08 PM) *
Haha Mayweather claiming someone's 24/7 is becoming redundant? Didnt he start waving Benjamins around in the DLH 24/7? How many series has he done the same old shit? Look at my money, look at me. Break, here homeless dude have a turkey, people dont understand the real Floyd Mayweather, break, hey fifty come over here till I smoke your banger, i'm so rich.

Right on the head!!! Could it be because Ortiz talks about REAL shit and has more character than currency....that is why Mayweather says it is boring....shit Mayweather talks about money and rides 50cents dick so much I wonder what his side of 24/7 would be if he couldnt flash and talk about money and couldnt say "Im the best" 50times an episode....Floyd has no story of survival...no story of perseverance...no leg to stand on except money, bling, and bullshit....Meanwhile 50 is in the background bangin his new fiancee lol. Thats why they call her Ms. Jackson....after Curtis Jackson.

I agree Hype....Fight Camp 360 is a better show.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 4 2011, 01:08 PM) *
Haha Mayweather claiming someone's 24/7 is becoming redundant? Didnt he start waving Benjamins around in the DLH 24/7? How many series has he done the same old shit? Look at my money, look at me. Break, here homeless dude have a turkey, people dont understand the real Floyd Mayweather, break, hey fifty come over here till I smoke your banger, i'm so rich.

i haven't really been watching 24/7 like that. the mayweathers are a hoot.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 4 2011, 12:32 PM) *

laugh.gif

Floyd is pissed about 24/7 right now, calling Oscar a drag queen drug addict & saying if the 24/7 rankings are down, it's all HBO's fault cause they are cutting out film! LOLZZZZZZZZZ He is something else!
Method
The 24/7 platform is awesome. The problem that we're running into is that they only focus on Mayweather and Paq anymore. It's like Season 6 of the Kardashians at this point. Feature the same guys over and over and over, especially during training camp, when things more or less follow a schedule, and its redundant. I like watching em. I do. But it would be good to have gotten some other guys in there. Switch up the faces.
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 10:46 AM) *
This is old news

Yea yea, I know but I think that story went under the radar for most of us & it's still an interesting view IMO! Sorry for posting something about your boy bro! friends.gif
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 4 2011, 01:08 PM) *
Yea yea, I know but I think that story went under the radar for most of us & it's still an interesting view IMO! Sorry for posting something about your boy bro! friends.gif

Al Haymon is my boy. I didn't mean it like that, just watch what you insinuate about Al...
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 01:13 PM) *
Al Haymon is my boy. I didn't mean it like that, just watch what you insinuate about Al...

I didn't insinuate anything @ all, I wasn't the writer! lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 4 2011, 01:08 PM) *

I can't knock your statement, but you have to look at how 24/7 is panning out. Imagine this 24/7 with butt-hurt Ortiz and another fighter that's less "verbally entertaining" than Floyd. Yeah, we all get tired of hearing about his money and such, but everytime this dude has a 24/7, the views go through the roof. This is his show and it belongs to him and whoever likes to run their mouth in front of the camera. Pacquiao and Cotto are great fighters and they did great PPV numbers, but people didn't want to hear their stories past the first episode. I guess this is why Floyd doesn't want to fight somebody who's not a big draw or entertaining, because it takes a toll on the build-up.

Mayweather/De La Hoya: big 24/7 because of Floyd's mouth and because of Oscar's name.
Mayweather/Hatton: decent because of Floyd's mouth and Hatton could almost match him (and he had a fan base).
Mayweather/Marquez: simply a build-up to a Pacquiao fight and Marquez had his two battles with Pac to offer as 24/7 material.
Mayweather/Mosley: consisted mostly of Mayweather's mouth, combined with Shane's name/history, BALCO situation, and him interrupting Floyd after the Marquez fight.
Mayweather/Ortiz: still whines about his childhood and he barely wants to talk about his "quit-session" against Maidana, so we are stuck hearing about Kansas and watching Oscar try his hardest not to hold his hand and kiss him.

Mayweather's image may be embarrassing, but it still sells and keeps the sport going.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 4 2011, 12:54 PM) *
Right on the head!!! Could it be because Ortiz talks about REAL shit and has more character than currency....that is why Mayweather says it is boring....shit Mayweather talks about money and rides 50cents dick so much I wonder what his side of 24/7 would be if he couldnt flash and talk about money and couldnt say "Im the best" 50times an episode....Floyd has no story of survival...no story of perseverance...no leg to stand on except money, bling, and bullshit....Meanwhile 50 is in the background bangin his new fiancee lol. Thats why they call her Ms. Jackson....after Curtis Jackson.

I agree Hype....Fight Camp 360 is a better show.

Grand Rapids, MI was an old steel town. Life there is rought. He had to box to make it. Just because he is not saying the same shit and saying whoa is me does not mean he does not have very humble background. He has been to the poor house to the rich house. Ortiz is a feel good story. he has reunited with his mom. But like Floyd said on his twitter, this is most black athletes life story. The movie the Blind Side talked about the football player who had nothing and he rose up. He is young black rich and says what the fuck he feels and that is what people hate. people dick ride Ali now but back in when he was fighting they called him the worse names as possible. he said "No Viet Cong called me Nigger" his ttile was stripped from him. people hated this man. Now he is a damn hero!

FMJ has talked about his children, how he fights to feed his family. sue him because he has fun with it and he talks trash. Not everyone has too be the happy athlete like say a Shaq. People need to stop trying to make athletes how they want them to be and not who they are. and if may is so damn uninteresting why do people continue to watch. Too be honest i am sick of Ortiz's story. I get it, he is the underdog people rid him off blah blah blah. What else there is it to you?
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 10:44 AM) *
I don't know, to me it seems like Mayweather is having too much fun in camp. 50 cent being there seems to be taking away Mayweathers focus, a complete distraction. couple that with Roger Mayweathers loss of eye sight and deteriorating health, this isn't the camp we are used to seeing out of Mayweather. At first I thought it was Floyd who looked slow on the mitts but now I lean towards Roger. Floyd looks older in there without a doubt and I really think his legal troubles are bothering him, he seem like he's carrying a lot of anger. It could be a good thing and maybe he goes in there and gets rid of Ortiz but thats not his nature. He seems different to me, like he's putting on a front. Even if he beats Ortiz can Roger's health hold up for another training camp? Does Floyd fight without Roger? Does he go into a Pacquiao fight without giving himself the absolute best chance to win?

Can you blame him for having too much fun? Hell, he doesn't get time like this on HBO other than 24/7. His post-fight interviews are cut because Merchant cant stand him, or everybody else doesn't want to hear him talk. His trainer doesn't even get interviewed, or get enough tv time, and his family (other than his father) is kept out of the picture. Cant blame him for taking advantage of the 24/7 camera time, but this 50 Cent shit has got to end. Can you say, fake friendship? It's obvious that Floyd cherishes the relationship, and 50 just sits there with that tattooed smile and barely moves his mouth laugh.gif Im sure Floyd is working harder than ever when the cameras aren't around, but when he sees that little red light, it's all about him and we are likely to see less dedication in training because of course, he's not going to show us everything anyway. Roger's health will only hold up for as long as he maintains it...no matter how many millions he has, if he doesn't follow the doctor's instructions, he wont have a chance.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 4 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Flint, MI was an old steel town. Life there is rought. He had to box to make it. Just because he is not saying the same shit and saying whoa is me does not mean he does not have very humble background. He has been to the poor house to the rich house. Ortiz is a feel good story. he has reunited with his mom. But like Floyd said on his twitter, this is most black athletes life story. The movie the Blind Side talked about the football player who had nothing and he rose up. He is young black rich and says what the fuck he feels and that is what people hate. people dick ride Ali now but back in when he was fighting they called him the worse names as possible. he said "No Viet Cong called me Nigger" his ttile was stripped from him. people hated this man. Now he is a damn hero!

FMJ has talked about his children, how he fights to feed his family. sue him because he has fun with it and he talks trash. Not everyone has too be the happy athlete like say a Shaq. People need to stop trying to make athletes how they want them to be and not who they are. and if may is so damn uninteresting why do people continue to watch. Too be honest i am sick of Ortiz's story. I get it, he is the underdog people rid him off blah blah blah. What else there is it to you?

Those same people love Ali because he is not able to talk or do anything nowadays...so they have no reason to hate him, but I can almost bet that they still hate him and rejoice in his present situation, though he brought it on himself for the most part. The media is good for trying to make you a hero and role model (to their liking), but as soon as you come up short, they spit you out and leave you to find your own way back to the top. If Ortiz loses this fight or happens to quit again (which is likely), then he will be nothing more than a whiney little biotch with a chip on his shoulder and a hurt butt. He will get a few more good fights (if he doesn't quit in this one), but he needs to stop boring us with the sob stories.
sduck
What more do people want to see from Ortiz and Mayweather???

Ortiz doesn't have a flashy lifestyle.

Mayweather has always been "flashy" and he's talked about his personal history in previous 24/7s
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 4 2011, 03:32 PM) *
What more do people want to see from Ortiz and Mayweather???

Ortiz doesn't have a flashy lifestyle.

Mayweather has always been "flashy" and he's talked about his personal history in previous 24/7s

Ortiz has a bunch of "backed up anger" that he can still exhibit on the show, but he needs to give the childhood a rest. We all know that Ortiz can cuss and act an ass, because we've seen it before, but playing the good guy isn't helping him at all.

Mayweather is always going to be flashy, but people complain when he's too flashy, but then others complain when he's too laid back...so it doesn't matter how he acts (in my opinion).

Im just ready to witness the outcome of these undercards on the 17th, at least I have that much to look forward to. Mayweather is doing his job as far as Im concerned, because we are on here either loving or hating 24/7, but the ratings are still going up and its a sure-as-shit fact that some of us will be watching it next week.
caneman
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 4 2011, 02:44 PM) *
Ortiz has a bunch of "backed up anger" that he can still exhibit on the show, but he needs to give the childhood a rest. We all know that Ortiz can cuss and act an ass, because we've seen it before, but playing the good guy isn't helping him at all.

Mayweather is always going to be flashy, but people complain when he's too flashy, but then others complain when he's too laid back...so it doesn't matter how he acts (in my opinion).

Im just ready to witness the outcome of these undercards on the 17th, at least I have that much to look forward to. Mayweather is doing his job as far as Im concerned, because we are on here either loving or hating 24/7, but the ratings are still going up and its a sure-as-shit fact that some of us will be watching it next week.

Floyd himself thinks the ratings are down and while I watched it, it's the same old shit really!
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 4 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Floyd himself thinks the ratings are down and while I watched it, it's the same old shit really!

Yeah I agree across the board. Mayweather is doing his part, as far as Im concerned. There were people at my house last night that dont even watch boxing, but they enjoyed Floyd's portion of the show (no matter how embarrassing it was, lol). Imagine how a Mayweather/Hamed 24/7 would've been! I would've watched both portions with pride, but we dont have many guys nowadays that can make it happen in front of the camera like that. Hatton was the last exciting star (in/out of the ring) that Mayweather has faced or even had a 24/7 with, everybody else was just ready to get in the ring and cash the check afterwards.
Hotsauce
man yall letting 24/7 get into yall head
Hotsauce
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 4 2011, 02:44 PM) *

this is true.

during the floyd/ortiz press conferences, people thought it was boring because floyd was laid back.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 4 2011, 04:33 PM) *
this is true.

during the floyd/ortiz press conferences, people thought it was boring because floyd was laid back.

Hell, even I thought he was boring during the presser, but I cant complain about he is on 24/7 either.
gravytrain
you're seeing Ortiz's story because HBO wants to keep showing it. they've to see something with him to keep it up. i think it's because it's something people can feel good about, they see someone going from nothing to a big fight. and if they make it seem like he's a good shot at winning people will want to see the upset.
Seek
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 4 2011, 02:00 PM) *
Can you blame him for having too much fun? Hell, he doesn't get time like this on HBO other than 24/7. His post-fight interviews are cut because Merchant cant stand him, or everybody else doesn't want to hear him talk. His trainer doesn't even get interviewed, or get enough tv time, and his family (other than his father) is kept out of the picture. Cant blame him for taking advantage of the 24/7 camera time, but this 50 Cent shit has got to end. Can you say, fake friendship? It's obvious that Floyd cherishes the relationship, and 50 just sits there with that tattooed smile and barely moves his mouth laugh.gif Im sure Floyd is working harder than ever when the cameras aren't around, but when he sees that little red light, it's all about him and we are likely to see less dedication in training because of course, he's not going to show us everything anyway. Roger's health will only hold up for as long as he maintains it...no matter how many millions he has, if he doesn't follow the doctor's instructions, he wont have a chance.

So fake friends buy eachother a brand new Rolls Royce? That's pretty cool.

I thought both episodes were good. I mean sure the Ortiz story is being played out but the tattoo bit was good. The Roger scene was too long but I understand HBO wants the people watching to relate to the characters. They've done a good job imo. Now it's time to speed it up and focus on the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 5 2011, 10:16 AM) *
So fake friends buy eachother a brand new Rolls Royce? That's pretty cool.

I thought both episodes were good. I mean sure the Ortiz story is being played out but the tattoo bit was good. The Roger scene was too long but I understand HBO wants the people watching to relate to the characters. They've done a good job imo. Now it's time to speed it up and focus on the fight.

A man buying another man an expensive gift like that is kinda odd to me...especially if they both have a substantial amount of money. If a guy is part of your record label or company or what have you, and they have less money and they are coming up, then it's not really a weird thing to do. In fact, it would be a boss-like gesture that should be appreciated by the up-and-comer, but two dudes with hundreds of millions of dollars buying eachother cars is suspect to me.
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 4 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Grand Rapids, MI was an old steel town.

What the fuck are you talking about? No it wasn't.
TheFonz
I really don't know why Floyd felt he had to inject race in the discussion of Vic's past. SMH
TheFonz
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 5 2011, 11:35 AM) *

I gave up on her.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 5 2011, 10:35 AM) *

I meant furniture. They made furniture and Maytag was there. I was thinking Flint, not Grand Rapids calm your nerves. My dad's side of the family is from MI, forgive me if I got two cities mixed up.

Fonz= thank you.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 4 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Grand Rapids, MI was an old steel town. Life there is rought. He had to box to make it. Just because he is not saying the same shit and saying whoa is me does not mean he does not have very humble background. He has been to the poor house to the rich house. Ortiz is a feel good story. he has reunited with his mom. But like Floyd said on his twitter, this is most black athletes life story. The movie the Blind Side talked about the football player who had nothing and he rose up. He is young black rich and says what the fuck he feels and that is what people hate. people dick ride Ali now but back in when he was fighting they called him the worse names as possible. he said "No Viet Cong called me Nigger" his ttile was stripped from him. people hated this man. Now he is a damn hero!

Floyd said he was sick of hearing about Ortiz's story and how most black athletes have had it the same way.....but bottem line is **HE** DIDNT have it the same way so he has no room to speak on it. Ive seen and heard about lil Floyds Bio...he's lived in the gym his whole life...but he never had to endure a life on the streets or grow up without parents...he still has his mom and dad till this day along with uncles who helped mold him into the no respect having material worshipping lil prick that he is. There is no comparison that can be made between Ali and Floyd....Ali went through a time when racism was at its worst....also there is no comparing Floyd to Micheal Oher....Oher REALLY came from nothing.

Watching Floyd talk the same old shit about nothing and flash his money around is older than the "Make it rain" music video...Ortiz is a relatively fresh face with a fresh story but after a mere 2 episodes people are tired of hearing about his upbringing?? Floyd had been talkin the same bullshit talk and walking the same fairy walk for years now. Personally I would rather hear about a pheonix who rose from the ashes instead of hear about how rich someone is....or his new plastic gold digger wife...or watch 50 eat Ravioli while Floyd whispers sweet nothings in his ear...gimme a break. Anyone who knows the story of the Mayweathers knows that Floyd Sr. and Roger came from the streets and Floyd Jr. grew up and had a loving/drama filled family.
Hotsauce
lol @ yall paying attention to floyd tweets.

he's doing what he want yall to do.
Method
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 10:44 AM) *
I don't know, to me it seems like Mayweather is having too much fun in camp. 50 cent being there seems to be taking away Mayweathers focus, a complete distraction. couple that with Roger Mayweathers loss of eye sight and deteriorating health, this isn't the camp we are used to seeing out of Mayweather. At first I thought it was Floyd who looked slow on the mitts but now I lean towards Roger. Floyd looks older in there without a doubt and I really think his legal troubles are bothering him, he seem like he's carrying a lot of anger. It could be a good thing and maybe he goes in there and gets rid of Ortiz but thats not his nature. He seems different to me, like he's putting on a front. Even if he beats Ortiz can Roger's health hold up for another training camp? Does Floyd fight without Roger? Does he go into a Pacquiao fight without giving himself the absolute best chance to win?

Man, you're buggin. It's a status quo training camp w Mayweather. This is like the 3rd camp we've seen Curtis Jackson. Nothing new there.

The routine on the mitts is a game of patty-cake, which is more Roger hitting Floyds glove than Floyd hitting Roger's mitts. Nothing new there.

Only thing missin in this camp are the segueway races throughout the first floor.

PS - FLOYD DON'T NEED ROGER FOR JACK SHIT.
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 5 2011, 01:12 PM) *
I meant furniture. They made furniture and Maytag was there. I was thinking Flint, not Grand Rapids calm your nerves. My dad's side of the family is from MI, forgive me if I got two cities mixed up.

Fonz= thank you.

You seem to get a lot of shit mixed up, an you wouldn't know it unless someone kept calling you out on it.

After a while (which for you, might have passed days, if not weeks ago) you lose credibility.
Cshel86
Well Floyd did mention living in a 1 bedroom house/apartment (whatever) with 6 or 7 other people, his mother was addicted to drugs, and his father was a dealer that spent 3 1/2 or 5 years in prison. Doesn't sound like the most stable childhood in the world, but hey, who knows dntknw.gif
sduck
Are you all sure Floyd was comparing Ortiz's life story to his? Ortiz does have a shitty childhood it seems like, but I am tired of people trying to pass out their stories as if the world owes them something.
Method
I'm all for a feel good story. I'd even have a higher tolerance for Ortiz's save for one GLARING fact - HE ALREADY QUIT!

So Ortiz can talk about his shit up, down, inside out and outside in about how his upbringing is the difference maker. IT WASN'T THE DIFFERENCE VS MAIDANA. IT WON'T BE THE DIFFERENCE VS PBF.

The story about his upbringing was rendered moot the minute he quit in the ring. That's why I don't need to hear about it here.
Seek
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 5 2011, 02:07 PM) *
Well Floyd did mention living in a 1 bedroom house/apartment (whatever) with 6 or 7 other people, his mother was addicted to drugs, and his father was a dealer that spent 3 1/2 or 5 years in prison. Doesn't sound like the most stable childhood in the world, but hey, who knows dntknw.gif

Don't give me that bs. Anybody who was born in a gym under those circumstances would've went undefeated and best p4p in the world. . . EASY work. You must not know shit about boxing.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 5 2011, 02:57 PM) *
You seem to get a lot of shit mixed up, an you wouldn't know it unless someone kept calling you out on it.

After a while (which for you, might have passed days, if not weeks ago) you lose credibility.

I really don't care, and I noticed the mistake went I intentionally put Flint MI instead of Grand Rapids which is why I said it was a steel town. I corrected the Flint part and not the steel. Method do me a favor go listen to Pac, Picture Me Rolling... that's how I feel about your post
Spyder
LMAO @ Floyd being mad!

laugh.gif

He's mad at the the editor of 24/7 because the PRODUCERS find his 1am workouts boring now...lol...watch him get mad at the boom operator for not making his punches sound more thunderous. lol

Sorry for laughing at your buddy Hype, but that guy is a tool.

laugh.gif

Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 5 2011, 04:16 PM) *
Method do me a favor go listen to Pac, Picture Me Rolling... that's how I feel about your post

As soon as I get done with, "Wonder Why They Call You Bitch".
Eighty88Eight
Roger is a really good trainer. Perfect for Floyd anyway. I don't think he's as useless as people make him out to be, and I think his presence was missed at the Baldomir fight.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 5 2011, 04:09 PM) *
Roger is a really good trainer. Perfect for Floyd anyway. I don't think he's as useless as people make him out to be, and I think his presence was missed at the Baldomir fight.

The only thing that was missing at the Baldomir fight were Floyds nuts lol....Larry Merchant gave it to Floyd after coming to the ring as a gladiator and running the whole fight.
TheFonz
Roger is nothing but a mitt holder. Roger can't even go and work with another fighter without Floyd's permission. True story.
caneman
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 5 2011, 06:27 PM) *
The only thing that was missing at the Baldomir fight were Floyds nuts lol....Larry Merchant gave it to Floyd after coming to the ring as a gladiator and running the whole fight.

Good post
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 09:09 AM) *

Shit they could've hired me to say "keep doing whatcha doing" for half the price.
duwdu
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 5 2011, 05:09 PM) *

I agree with this post, in particular as you've qualified it that Roger is "perfect for Floyd." And an astute a commentator as Big George fully agrees with you... he said (Big George did) during one of Floyd's fights that an intrusive trainer can easily get in the way and actually end up hampering/hurting the performance of a naturally gifted athlete/boxer such as Floyd. To me, Roger and Floyd are maintaining a very good equilibrium in that regard. So let us let Roger with Floyd be. Roger is not training a Pacman.

P34c3
duwdu
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 5 2011, 07:29 PM) *
Roger is nothing but a mitt holder. Roger can't even go and work with another fighter without Floyd's permission. True story.

And why would Roger need to go and train another fighter? He is doing a darn good job with Floyd and is happy doing so. So your point is...?

P34c3
duwdu
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 5 2011, 07:27 PM) *

The ring size with its extent is there for a reason... among other things, it enables you to fight/punch effectively - even get brutal KO's - off the back foot if you have the ability to do so, a la Pep, Sweet Pea, and Floyd Jr. If you want to see real world running in the ring, watch in particular the 10th round of Khan's fight with Maidana as Khan got on his bike and could not throw a punch as he was near getting KTFO.

And the last time I checked, Larry Merchant does not have much love for boxers, unless they were up and coming Floyd Jr. Larry however is in love with brawlers and one round KO artists (I think Prescott should qualify here, lol) so no surprise there. Larry is better commentating on MMA fights. Other than that, he can be full of crap, especially now that he's getting much older from being KO drunk and senility may be setting in as well... which situation incidentally is more likely to be the case in their advancing years with fighters who take unnecessary punishment or don't know how to avoid such.

Having said that about Larry, there's nothing wrong with belonging in his camp tho'. Those with brawler minds would always like them brawlers, and those with boxing minds would always prefer them boxers, A select, fortunate few, if you will, tend to be caught in between. It's all cool.gif

P34c3
EAlbian
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 5 2011, 01:50 PM) *
Man, you're buggin. It's a status quo training camp w Mayweather. This is like the 3rd camp we've seen Curtis Jackson. Nothing new there.

The routine on the mitts is a game of patty-cake, which is more Roger hitting Floyds glove than Floyd hitting Roger's mitts. Nothing new there.

Only thing missin in this camp are the segueway races throughout the first floor.

PS - FLOYD DON'T NEED ROGER FOR JACK SHIT.

He looks off bro, slow and lacking pop. Go back and watch some old footage, and not some bullshit media day. I understand about what purpose the mitts serve, the fact is if he cant go hard in training it gonna be difficult to go hard in a fight. Who else is gonna hold his mitts? Roger serves a purpose, he knows Floyd's routine to a tee. He makes things run efficiently and he can stand Floyd. Yea but 50 wasn't in the gym next to him at all times. Its like 50's the cool kid and Floyd's trying to impress him. This could all be editing but to me he seems distracted
EAlbian
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 5 2011, 07:31 PM) *
I agree with this post, in particular as you've qualified it that Roger is "perfect for Floyd." And an astute a commentator as Big George fully agrees with you... he said (Big George did) during one of Floyd's fights that an intrusive trainer can easily get in the way and actually end up hampering/hurting the performance of a naturally gifted athlete/boxer such as Floyd. To me, Roger and Floyd are maintaining a very good equilibrium in that regard. So let us let Roger with Floyd be. Roger is not training a Pacman.

P34c3

+1

When you're a borderline sociopath you need to surround yourself with people who believe in you
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 5 2011, 08:39 PM) *
He looks off bro, slow and lacking pop. Go back and watch some old footage, and not some bullshit media day. I understand about what purpose the mitts serve, the fact is if he cant go hard in training it gonna be difficult to go hard in a fight. Who else is gonna hold his mitts? Roger serves a purpose, he knows Floyd's routine to a tee. He makes things run efficiently and he can stand Floyd. Yea but 50 wasn't in the gym next to him at all times. Its like 50's the cool kid and Floyd's trying to impress him. This could all be editing but to me he seems distracted

He could very well be off some...not only is he older but he has 2 in 4 years. It doesn't matter who you are, and you add all the personal out of the ring issues and you never know what could happen! I think Floyd losing would be good for boxing and really good for these boards...too bad it won't matter!
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 5 2011, 08:31 PM) *

P34c3

i figured somebody would understand what I meant. Roger gives very generalized instructions that are oriented towards controlling a fight, compared with most other trainers, who often shout minutia at the boxers "THROW THE LEFT, STEP TO THE SIDE, COME BACK, THROW THE RIGHT, GET OUT THE WAY". There isn't a better side-by-side illustration of good and bad corner work than in the Mayweather-Judah fight. You had Yoel Judah shouting a bunch of shit that should have been internalized in training camp, while Roger constantly, and calmly, kept repeating the big picture: put pressure on his right hand side.

Mayweather's plan of action seemed uncoordinated in the Baldomir fight, which had him resort to playing it as safe as he could, and without using his jab at all. Floyd never looked more like Roy Jones than in that fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.