Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 5 2011, 09:54 PM) *
He could very well be off some...not only is he older but he has 2 in 4 years. It doesn't matter who you are, and you add all the personal out of the ring issues and you never know what could happen! I think Floyd losing would be good for boxing and really good for these boards...too bad it won't matter!

it wouldn't be good for boxing, it would be entertaining for these boards, but Mayweather is just another bold name on a very long list. He's going to beat Ortiz, and probably get overwhelmed by Pacquiao next. Floyd is great, but he's not unbeatable. It's not going to require some kind of perfect fighting machine to defeat him. An old De La Hoya practically did it. Ortiz is gonna give him some problems if he's active enough.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 4 2011, 01:08 PM) *
The 24/7 platform is awesome. The problem that we're running into is that they only focus on Mayweather and Paq anymore. It's like Season 6 of the Kardashians at this point. Feature the same guys over and over and over, especially during training camp, when things more or less follow a schedule, and its redundant. I like watching em. I do. But it would be good to have gotten some other guys in there. Switch up the faces.

Right on. I love the show, but it's the same 5 guys over and over. Floyd, his dad, his uncle, Manny, and Roach.

Margarito-Cotto 2 would make for a great 24/7. I'd also love to see Hopkins get the profile, though Dawson would be snooze.

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 5 2011, 01:33 PM) *
Floyd said he was sick of hearing about Ortiz's story and how most black athletes have had it the same way.....but bottem line is **HE** DIDNT have it the same way so he has no room to speak on it. Ive seen and heard about lil Floyds Bio...he's lived in the gym his whole life...but he never had to endure a life on the streets or grow up without parents...he still has his mom and dad till this day along with uncles who helped mold him into the no respect having material worshipping lil prick that he is. There is no comparison that can be made between Ali and Floyd....Ali went through a time when racism was at its worst....also there is no comparing Floyd to Micheal Oher....Oher REALLY came from nothing.

Watching Floyd talk the same old shit about nothing and flash his money around is older than the "Make it rain" music video...Ortiz is a relatively fresh face with a fresh story but after a mere 2 episodes people are tired of hearing about his upbringing?? Floyd had been talkin the same bullshit talk and walking the same fairy walk for years now. Personally I would rather hear about a pheonix who rose from the ashes instead of hear about how rich someone is....or his new plastic gold digger wife...or watch 50 eat Ravioli while Floyd whispers sweet nothings in his ear...gimme a break. Anyone who knows the story of the Mayweathers knows that Floyd Sr. and Roger came from the streets and Floyd Jr. grew up and had a loving/drama filled family.

Good post Street.
Big Slim Sweet
88 I agree about Roger's presence in Floyd's corner. Floyd also looked off the last two rounds against Zab after Roger got booted.
duwdu
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 5 2011, 09:02 PM) *
it wouldn't be good for boxing, it would be entertaining for these boards, but Mayweather is just another bold name on a very long list. He's going to beat Ortiz, and probably get overwhelmed by Pacquiao next. Floyd is great, but he's not unbeatable. It's not going to require some kind of perfect fighting machine to defeat him. An old De La Hoya practically did it. Ortiz is gonna give him some problems if he's active enough.

I'm afraid Oscar did not come close to winning that fight, Floyd clearly did. I don't know what the particular judge was watching but it should have been a UD for Floyd. In any case, Oscar boldly admitted after watching the fight himself that he clearly lost the fight. That fight with a prime Oscar though would have been another story.

P34c3
Eighty88Eight
I think Ortiz sounds insincere about his life, and he sounds a little scared and protective of his mental state. So he was in foster homes... good for him. It was interesting before he quit against Maidana, but now in that context, like Cintron's tragedies, it doesn't mean shit inside the squared circle. Doesn't make you tougher, doesn't make you smarter, doesn't make you stronger, doesn't make you hungrier. I think the loss to Maidana was more constructive than his "stray dog" life.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 5 2011, 10:21 PM) *
I'm afraid Oscar did not come close to winning that fight, Floyd clearly did. I don't know what the particular judge was watching but it should have been a UD for Floyd. In any case, Oscar boldly admitted after watching the fight himself that he clearly lost the fight. That fight with a prime Oscar though would have been another story.

P34c3

I agree Floyd clearly won, should have been a UD, but Oscar gave him a rough fight for 8 or 9 rounds, despite not being the fighter he once was. And I happen to disagree that it was bold of Oscar to admit it. The guy has 6 losses.
Cshel86
If no one has noticed, the point of Floyd's camp is to make everything look easy. Of course only portions of it are being shown, like the mits (often), heavy bag, body work, simple exercises, and running. We never see his sparring sessions, Roger watching tapes of the opponents, and Roger giving Floyd instructions on the fighter. Meanwhile, we see's Floyds opponents swinging sledge hammers, flipping tires, lifting weights, drinking urine, etc., and it makes them look twice as bad after they lose.
TheFonz
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 5 2011, 08:36 PM) *
And why would Roger need to go and train another fighter? He is doing a darn good job with Floyd and is happy doing so. So your point is...?

P34c3

Roger wants to train other fighters but can't because Floyd let him. The point is that Floyd runs the show not Roger who is supposed to be the trainer. Floyd does what he wants. Comes up with the game plan, trains when he wants, for how long he wants and how often he wants. Roger doesn't do much training at all.
duwdu
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 5 2011, 09:26 PM) *
I agree Floyd clearly won, should have been a UD, but Oscar gave him a rough fight for 8 or 9 rounds, despite not being the fighter he once was. And I happen to disagree that it was bold of Oscar to admit it. The guy has 6 losses.

I mean it in the sense that it takes a bold man (in this instance Oscar) to turn around after being in self denial when the results were first announced. Most would continue to give excuses. But I get you with Oscar's overall loss record.

P34c3
duwdu
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 5 2011, 10:34 PM) *
If no one has noticed, the point of Floyd's camp is to make everything look easy. Of course only portions of it are being shown, like the mits (often), heavy bag, body work, simple exercises, and running. We never see his sparring sessions, Roger watching tapes of the opponents, and Roger giving Floyd instructions on the fighter. Meanwhile, we see's Floyds opponents swinging sledge hammers, flipping tires, lifting weights, drinking urine, etc., and it makes them look twice as bad after they lose.

Quite an interesting angle.

P34c3
duwdu
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 6 2011, 07:59 AM) *
Roger wants to train other fighters but can't because Floyd let him. The point is that Floyd runs the show not Roger who is supposed to be the trainer. Floyd does what he wants. Comes up with the game plan, trains when he wants, for how long he wants and how often he wants. Roger doesn't do much training at all.

Ok, thanks. Also, read my earlier post on this (#194.)

P34c3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.