Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greatest fight crowd!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Which fights do you feel produced the best atmosphere? Regardless weather the fight was good or not or weather you enjoyed the fight, which fight had the best atmosphere and crowd?

Trinidad-Mayorga: Looked like MSG roof was gonna pop off! Both fighters were at the corner of the ring with the ref in the middle waiting to signal for the bell and the crowd was going mental, with flags throughout the crowd! Loved it!!

Mayweather-Hatton: This being one of both fighters biggest fights of their career, with a lot lights and exposure fight fans were ready for this. The crowd was partying it up all the way through to the very end. Felt like a soccer crowd crammed into a Boxing fight in Vegas!

Tszyu-Hatton: The crowd was buzzing as they somehow knew their man was gonna beat the man. Ricky comes out to 'Blue Moon' walking through the burn moon and energy was bouncing off him and the crowd throughout the fight.

Benn-McClellan: This had an eery feel to it from the get go with the lights turning off with the bells ringing. The crowd was ferocious throughout and would be roaring at everything Benn was landing. It was unfortunate how this fight ended.

Klitschko-Haye: This was one of the biggest fights in Heavyweight for many, many years with a long awaited buildup to go along with it. The pre fight hype production and entrance was off the charts and was nothing I had ever seen before, hence why I was stunned throughout the whole display. The fact that this fight was at a big stadium help make the atmosphere bigger than it already was.
gravytrain
all of the Tyson fights before he's completely shot

Method
Any Trinidad fight at MSG. Im not saying it was a "quality" crowd, but it sure as shit was electric.
and the NEW
^^^^^^

Agreed, Tito fights were as electric as anything I have seen. When Buffer would read out 'Cupey Alto, Puerto Rico, Felix, Titooooo Trinidad'!!!!! it would be off the chain! Tito looked like a murderer in there at that time!
Eighty88Eight
i had the pleasure of seeing Trinidad's fight against Joppy at MSG.... i remember seeing some crazy puerto rican folks climbing the massive flags. ear-splitting atmosphere, amazing performance. I recall looking at Joppy's wide ass jaws as he walked to the ring and thinking that there was no way Tito could hurt him. double handwraps ftw.
Method
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Aug 29 2011, 03:30 AM) *
^^^^^^

Agreed, Tito fights were as electric as anything I have seen. When Buffer would read out 'Cupey Alto, Puerto Rico, Felix, Titooooo Trinidad'!!!!! it would be off the chain! Tito looked like a murderer in there at that time!

Man, hours leading up to the main event the Ricans in the nosebleeds would be going off on those cow bells.
Cshel86
I agree with the Mayweather/Hatton crowd! Man, sometimes I watch that fight just to hear how live the crowd was! There's only oooooonnnnne Ricky Hatton, ooooonnne Ricky Hatton! The Hatton crowd was live when he fought Pacquiao and that was a great night for Hatton...while it lasted.
Method
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 02:18 PM) *
I agree with the Mayweather/Hatton crowd! Man, sometimes I watch that fight just to hear how live the crowd was! There's only oooooonnnnne Ricky Hatton, ooooonnne Ricky Hatton! The Hatton crowd was live when he fought Pacquiao and that was a great night for Hatton...while it lasted.

You mean the HATTON CROWD!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 29 2011, 02:28 PM) *
You mean the HATTON CROWD!

Silly me...that's exactly what it was...a Hatton crowd. Good save!
lloyd mayflower
I was in Vegas for the Hatton Mayweather fight. Couldnt get tickets (financial issues) but the atmosphere even at the Mirage closed circuit was superb and the weigh in was brilliant too. I made it in to Hatton v Pacquiao and while it was amazing, it didnt have the electricity of Hatton Mayweather.

CShel, can I just say, you have single handedly forced me to turn off sigs. That isnt a massive issue, but occasionally there are some little gems that I like to chuckle at. Also, as valuable and knowledgable a poster as Sentral is, I also appreciate her sig. I'm not having a go, just raising for discussion the possibility that you may have went over the score!

Edit: Spyder I see you lurking in here, your not fucking innocent in this either you Aussie bastard!
Method
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 29 2011, 02:50 PM) *
I was in Vegas for the Hatton Mayweather fight. Couldnt get tickets (financial issues) but the atmosphere even at the Mirage closed circuit was superb and the weigh in was brilliant too. I made it in to Hatton v Pacquiao and while it was amazing, it didnt have the electricity of Hatton Mayweather.

CShel, can I just say, you have single handedly forced me to turn off sigs. That isnt a massive issue, but occasionally there are some little gems that I like to chuckle at. Also, as valuable and knowledgable a poster as Sentral is, I also appreciate her sig. I'm not having a go, just raising for discussion the possibility that you may have went over the score!

Edit: Spyder I see you lurking in here, your not fucking innocent in this either you Aussie bastard!

We used to have a limit on what you could put in a sig. Used to.
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 29 2011, 02:50 PM) *

I will take that as a compliment in the meantime. I think Im going to take a couple of them off or make them smaller, it's getting kinda hard on my eyes and my browser as well. Sometimes it takes the focus off of what Im posting too laugh.gif
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 29 2011, 01:50 PM) *

wait, Sentrals a chicc??... and the chicc from the Pictures?? and she talks boxing?!?!.... oh shyt. im all over that. lmao
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 29 2011, 01:34 AM) *
Any Trinidad fight at MSG. Im not saying it was a "quality" crowd, but it sure as shit was electric.

oh hell yea.. even the "watch parties" theyd show on tv.. youde see 100 PRs in a 2 bedroom house screaming and goin crazy.. lmao
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.