Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brandon Rios thoughts on Floyd Mayweather vs Ortiz SHREDS Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BlueMercury
Blasts Ortiz for the first half of the video.

and the NEW
Course he does, his got Robert in his ear.
thehype
Who is this Brandon Rios kid?

laugh.gif
Eighty88Eight
Rios is running around with the cheat team, he ought not throw stones. i don't know what he said though because i dont really care about watching that interview. if father's aint fighting with their sons, then im not interested. sorry.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 29 2011, 06:10 AM) *
Rios is running around with the cheat team, he ought not throw stones. i don't know what he said though because i dont really care about watching that interview. if father's aint fighting with their sons, then im not interested. sorry.

Yeah, I noticed The East LA Toilet Floater in the ring after Rios last fight. If he is hangin' with that crowd I'm for whoever he is fighting, no matter how much I like his boxing style.
bosco
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 29 2011, 08:32 AM) *
Who is this Brandon Rios kid?

laugh.gif

Brandon Rios is relentless. I watched his breakout fight when he destroyed Anthony Peterson. Then he was impressive in his next fight on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard. The guy keeps coming till he gets you. He does that mexican war scream after every victory. In fact referee Mora disqualified Anthony Peterson for low blows in their fight...lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (bosco @ Aug 29 2011, 09:18 AM) *
Brandon Rios is relentless. I watched his breakout fight on friday night fights when he destroyed Anthony Peterson. Then he was impressive in his next fight on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard. The guy keeps coming till he gets you. He does that mexican war scream after every victory. In fact referee Mora disqualified Anthony Peterson for low blows in their fight...lol

Friday Night Fights? Boxing After Dark maybe?

Cshel86
Rios needs to take this up with his promoter, since he is still stuck fighting tomato cans at lightweight. Really, who's gonna want to hear what a lightweight has to say about a welterweight, especially if he is crying about a fight? Dude should have been fighting at 140, then he could make enough noise for Ortiz to even consider fighting him. He handles lightweights easily because he comes into the fight 15+ lbs heavier after he rehydrates. The minute he loses a fight, he will blame it on the fact that he has to kill himself to make 135. He is a great slugger no doubt, but his promoter is the blame for choosing his opponents at 135 lbs and having him fight on Showtime, when all of the known fighters fight on HBO...especially the one that he is chasing dntknw.gif
MoneyMay
I definetly want to see him vs Ortiz ..Ortiz would destroy him though but the build up would be entertaining
Eighty88Eight
Ortiz is way too big for him isn't he?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 29 2011, 11:49 AM) *
Ortiz is way too big for him isn't he?

Nah I dont believe so. Rios usually rehydrates to a Jr Middleweight on fight night. I would have to assess his performance at 140, before saying that Ortiz is too big for him, though Ortiz may have about a 5-6 lb natural body weight advantage over him.
mgrover
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 29 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Yeah, I noticed The East LA Toilet Floater in the ring after Rios last fight. If he is hangin' with that crowd I'm for whoever he is fighting, no matter how much I like his boxing style.

whos the east la toilet floater?
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 29 2011, 12:39 PM) *
whos the east la toilet floater?

Margacheato himself...
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 12:31 PM) *
Nah I dont believe so. Rios usually rehydrates to a Jr Middleweight on fight night. I would have to assess his performance at 140, before saying that Ortiz is too big for him, though Ortiz may have about a 5-6 lb natural body weight advantage over him.

Ortiz is definitely the bigger of the two, he's an inch taller and has fought at the higher weight throughout his career. Rios had a fight on the Pac v Marg undercard @140 and looked soft and unimpressive. I think he's best at 135 but if he's rehydrating 20lbs idk how long he can sustain a career @ that weight. I think Ortiz handles him but i think it would be fun while it lasts
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 01:15 PM) *
Ortiz is definitely the bigger of the two, he's an inch taller and has fought at the higher weight throughout his career. Rios had a fight on the Pac v Marg undercard @140 and looked soft and unimpressive. I think he's best at 135 but if he's rehydrating 20lbs idk how long he can sustain a career @ that weight. I think Ortiz handles him but i think it would be fun while it lasts

Damn I completely forgot about the weight for that fight on the Pac/Margarito undercard. Maybe I forgot about the weight because his opponent didn't have a pulse. Maybe his opponent made him look unimpressive...hell, if your opponent doesn't put up a fight, then that usually makes for a dull fight...ask Shane 'Nosely' about his last outing. laugh.gif I couldn't really remember how tall Ortiz was, but most importantly I had to check and see how tall Rios was. He's 5'7, so his body should be able to carry the welterweight limit when his time comes. We all know that HBO's measurements make your height and weight look good, but Showtime tells the truth, lol. If you are 5'8 on HBO, then you're 5'6 3/4 on Showtime laugh.gif
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 02:08 PM) *
Damn I completely forgot about the weight for that fight on the Pac/Margarito undercard. Maybe I forgot about the weight because his opponent didn't have a pulse. Maybe his opponent made him look unimpressive...hell, if your opponent doesn't put up a fight, then that usually makes for a dull fight...ask Shane 'Nosely' about his last outing. laugh.gif I couldn't really remember how tall Ortiz was, but most importantly I had to check and see how tall Rios was. He's 5'7, so his body should be able to carry the welterweight limit when his time comes. We all know that HBO's measurements make your height and weight look good, but Showtime tells the truth, lol. If you are 5'8 on HBO, then you're 5'6 3/4 on Showtime laugh.gif

He looked soft and slow, the opponent was there for the taking(stopped him in 5). I guess you could go watch it and make your own assessment. He's 5'8 on Boxrec.com, they are usually pretty accurate. Diego corralles was 5'10.5 and couldn't carry the WW limit effectively, height doesn't always translate like that. Ortiz has a much bigger frame and still is cut at 165 with decent speed and power, Rios looks soft and slow @156. Maybe he'll do ok above 135, imo he loses what makes him effective @135
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 02:17 PM) *
He looked soft and slow, the opponent was there for the taking(stopped him in 5). I guess you could go watch it and make your own assessment. He's 5'8 on Boxrec.com, they are usually pretty accurate. Diego corralles was 5'10.5 and couldn't carry the WW limit effectively, height doesn't always translate like that. Ortiz has a much bigger frame and still is cut at 165 with decent speed and power, Rios looks soft and slow @156. Maybe he'll do ok above 135, imo he loses what makes him effective @135

Damn speaking of Chico, I watched his fight with Clottey yesterday...neither of them could make the weight limit that night...sad thing is, Chico got the short end of the stick on that one. His face looked fat and he looked flabby. You are right about that, the height and weight thing doesn't always pan out. Maybe I didn't think back to Chico, because no matter what weight he fought at, he left it all in the ring when the final bell rang. I always knew that Ortiz had a decent size advantage over Rios, but Ortiz's frame is something serious...almost forgot how Bam Bam has that Quasi Moto posture when he fights.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 08:50 AM) *
Friday Night Fights? Boxing After Dark maybe?

It was FNF.. if i remember correctly. Peterson had a good jump then Rios started to come bacc till Peterson eventually had to start throwing low blows till he DQ'd himself. lol. deff was intentional too.
BoxingFan86
Based on the history these guys have together (on a personal leve)l, I'd love to see them fight each other. Brandon's been callin' Ortiz out for a while now, but Ortiz always overlooks him as if he's a nobody.
EAlbian
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 29 2011, 04:33 PM) *
It was FNF.. if i remember correctly. Peterson had a good jump then Rios started to come bacc till Peterson eventually had to start throwing low blows till he DQ'd himself. lol. deff was intentional too.

Boxing after dark; same card as Gamboa v Solis

http://www.boxingscene.com/compubox-review...peterson--30903
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 05:56 PM) *

Thank you. Thats why I just left it alone.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 04:56 PM) *

ahhh thats right it was that fight!!.. almost forgot.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 07:08 AM) *
Rios needs to take this up with his promoter, since he is still stuck fighting tomato cans at lightweight. Really, who's gonna want to hear what a lightweight has to say about a welterweight, especially if he is crying about a fight? Dude should have been fighting at 140, then he could make enough noise for Ortiz to even consider fighting him. He handles lightweights easily because he comes into the fight 15+ lbs heavier after he rehydrates. The minute he loses a fight, he will blame it on the fact that he has to kill himself to make 135. He is a great slugger no doubt, but his promoter is the blame for choosing his opponents at 135 lbs and having him fight on Showtime, when all of the known fighters fight on HBO...especially the one that he is chasing dntknw.gif

While I don't like the gang he hangs with, I have to take issue with your claim that Rios has been on the tomato can circuit. Anthony Peterson was 30-0 when he got DQed (by Mora) v Rios. The last thing that I would call Miguel Acosta is a tomato can. Antillon had 1 tough loss (and FOTY candidate) before getting dismantled by Rios. Now he is taking on Kevin Mitchell, admittedly no world beater but his only loss is to Katsidis.

Rios is doing what young champs are supposed to do - beat the shit out of everybody without prejudice.
checkleft
Ortiz would son rios. I like rios as a fighter but the guy and his entourage are scum. The only reason he hates ortiz is because victor was like his idol before he and Danny Garcia split from their camp. He used to love ortiz, theirs a video on YouTube called brandon rios and victor ortiz before the beef. Rios idolized him
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 29 2011, 09:24 PM) *
While I don't like the gang he hangs with, I have to take issue with your claim that Rios has been on the tomato can circuit. Anthony Peterson was 30-0 when he got DQed (by Mora) v Rios. The last thing that I would call Miguel Acosta is a tomato can. Antillon had 1 tough loss (and FOTY candidate) before getting dismantled by Rios. Now he is taking on Kevin Mitchell, admittedly no world beater but his only loss is to Katsidis.

Rios is doing what young champs are supposed to do - beat the shit out of everybody without prejudice.

Yeah Peterson was undefeated, and Antillon wasn't a pushover, and I totally forgot about the Acosta fight for some odd reason (maybe because I didn't have Showtime at that time). Maybe I was looking at how much potential Rios has, and how he should be utilizing it in a division north of where he is...in order to make a significant claim to fight Ortiz. Maybe he should clean Mitchell's clock real good in order to state his case, but yet, everybody will think three times before taking a fight with him...we can ask Martinez about that. Cant win too good nowadays...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Yeah Peterson was undefeated, and Antillon wasn't a pushover, and I totally forgot about the Acosta fight for some odd reason (maybe because I didn't have Showtime at that time). Maybe I was looking at how much potential Rios has, and how he should be utilizing it in a division north of where he is...in order to make a significant claim to fight Ortiz. Maybe he should clean Mitchell's clock real good in order to state his case, but yet, everybody will think three times before taking a fight with him...we can ask Martinez about that. Cant win too good nowadays...

I definitely think that Rios will be moving up to 140 but I am very impressed with how he is cleaning out 135. I would like to see him against Broner if they both win their next fight. But that might be a bridge too far for Broner at this point.

Rios might also get JMM after the Pac fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 29 2011, 10:54 PM) *
I definitely think that Rios will be moving up to 140 but I am very impressed with how he is cleaning out 135. I would like to see him against Broner if they both win their next fight. But that might be a bridge too far for Broner at this point.

Rios might also get JMM after the Pac fight.

Yeah that JMM fight would make more sense than a Broner fight this early. Hell who knows, Oscar likes to match up his young prospects against dangerous opponents with a blind eye anyway...so we never know.
Now that I think about it, JMM is gonna have more miles on him after this Pacquaio fight. Fighting Pacquaio puts 3-5 years on you ...win or lose. So we have to see how much JMM has after his next bout.
Mean Mister Mustard
Rios is relentless as a pressure fighter, and the fact that he has heavy hands makes him all the more dangerous. He is one dimensional but it's going to take one hell of a fighter to be able to keep him at bay for 12 rounds. I could see a guy like Shane Mosley, beating him like he did with Margarito, but how many guys at 135 are there who posses the speed and power of Mosley?
Eighty88Eight
JMM had better slow down before fighting Rios, because he'll chop his squawking ass up otherwise. That's a terrible match up for a young aggressive fighter. That's like putting a hard hitting stalker up against Hopkins.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 29 2011, 10:48 PM) *
Rios is relentless as a pressure fighter, and the fact that he has heavy hands makes him all the more dangerous. He is one dimensional but it's going to take one hell of a fighter to be able to keep him at bay for 12 rounds. I could see a guy like Shane Mosley, beating him like he did with Margarito, but how many guys at 135 are there who posses the speed and power of Mosley?

None @135, thats why he should stay there. I'd love to see him in there with Katsidis. JMM is all wrong for him and will do him worse that he did diaz, I'd say keep him away from Guerrero as well. I wouldn't even put him in my top 5 @140
jimmygootz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 29 2011, 08:24 PM) *

Sums up Rios perfectly. And another thing young champs do, promote themselves. He's not gonna win any contests on congeniality, and I have a gut feeling, the more he's around, the more I'm gonna want to see him get his ass kicked. Not easy to say since I'm Mexican.

Him and Ortiz will have a play date within the next few years, without question.
Cshel86
QUOTE (jimmygootz @ Aug 30 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Sums up Rios perfectly. And another thing young champs do, promote themselves. He's not gonna win any contests on congeniality, and I have a gut feeling, the more he's around, the more I'm gonna want to see him get his ass kicked. Not easy to say since I'm Mexican.

Him and Ortiz will have a play date within the next few years, without question.

These new fighters nowadays dont seem to understand this method and end up primarily depending on their promoter to promote them. Sometimes, you have to give your promoter something to work with, in order for them to get your name out there. Simply stating, "He's ducking me" "I will beat anybody they put in front of me" He's scared" blah, blah, blah...none of this is a useful promotional tool nowadays...it's been used frequently by past fighters.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 04:10 PM) *
These new fighters nowadays dont seem to understand this method and end up primarily depending on their promoter to promote them. Sometimes, you have to give your promoter something to work with, in order for them to get your name out there. Simply stating, "He's ducking me" "I will beat anybody they put in front of me" He's scared" blah, blah, blah...none of this is a useful promotional tool nowadays...it's been used frequently by past fighters.

Am I the only person that (immediately) thought of Timothy Bradley while readin' this?
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 04:10 PM) *

So you're contending that promoters should not do their assigned jobs?
EAlbian
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 30 2011, 04:44 PM) *

Promoters just need to do a better job of making good fights and when they have a good fight making sure its promoted correctly. They shouldn't try and protect fighters to the extent that they are shoving lackluster fight down our throats to preserve a fighter "0"
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 30 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Promoters just need to do a better job of making good fights and when they have a good fight making sure its promoted correctly. They shouldn't try and protect fighters to the extent that they are shoving lackluster fight down our throats to preserve a fighter "0"

I agree.

The fighter's job is to fight and win. The promoter's job is to promote.

People have gotten spoiled with these television packagers getting them huge license fees without selling a fvcking ticket.
King Eugene
Rios is a relentless, heavy handed, crowd pleaser! How can you not like this guy? Ortiz beating him? Hmmm I'm not so sure about that. I'll still never forget Ortiz quitting against Maidana and just like Maidana, Rios does not stop coming at you. I see Ortiz wearing down late and Rios either stopping him or getting a SD.
Jack 1000
War Rios!

I am a fan!!! He doesn't care about all the excuses, politics, and bullshit. He is an action fighter who comes to fight!

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 30 2011, 05:44 PM) *

A promoter will always do their jobs, because their whole goal is to get paid off of the fighter. If keeping the fighter undefeated means putting tomato cans in front of them to do so, then thats what they will do. Doing a better job is the key, but if you have a dull fighter that lacks that verbal judo or ring appeal, then the promoter's work is cut out for them. Sometimes, these fighting lack personality or ring appeal, so they give the promoter nothing to work with. Being Muhammad Ali's promoter had to be a pice of cake...dude had ring appeal and talked more shit that a chinese radio station with ten of them talking at the same time (no pun intended). Im sure that being Tim Bradley's promoter (no ring appeal, no personality) is probably worse than being a janitor at a chili fest.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 30 2011, 05:42 PM) *
Am I the only person that (immediately) thought of Timothy Bradley while readin' this?

My hand is raised over here! His name will always be brought up...its like shooting fish in a barrel bro.
Fitz
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 31 2011, 09:46 AM) *
A promoter will always do their jobs, because their whole goal is to get paid off of the fighter. If keeping the fighter undefeated means putting tomato cans in front of them to do so, then thats what they will do. Doing a better job is the key, but if you have a dull fighter that lacks that verbal judo or ring appeal, then the promoter's work is cut out for them. Sometimes, these fighting lack personality or ring appeal, so they give the promoter nothing to work with. Being Muhammad Ali's promoter had to be a pice of cake...dude had ring appeal and talked more shit that a chinese radio station with ten of them talking at the same time (no pun intended). Im sure that being Tim Bradley's promoter (no ring appeal, no personality) is probably worse than being a janitor at a chili fest.

Spot on. Bradley I respect as a fighter, but he thinks he is worth more than he is, and is just so bland. Just like predictable Glen Johnson.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 30 2011, 07:59 PM) *
Spot on. Bradley I respect as a fighter, but he thinks he is worth more than he is, and is just so bland. Just like predictable Glen Johnson.

Yes he thinks that his worth (or lack there of) is worth the talk, but in reality, he radically delusional. At least Glen Johnson KNOCKED RJJ out, though he was diminished. He was still a big name, and Johnson did what he had to do.
Eighty88Eight
Glen Johnson makes predictably entertaining scraps with just about everybody he fights. Bradley is a boring, feather-fisted fuck. Glen Johnson has fought stars. Bradley has fought Alexander and Holt.
Fitz
Yeah I think I'm in the minority with Johnson, but I just find his so mehhhhh. I like him as a person and how he conducts himself as a fighter, he is just too predictable.

Oh, Johnson is fighting.....great, it's going the distance and going to be close.

For me, Bradley, Rocky Juarez, Johnson and Ruiz are in the same category, all just so bland. But I like Ruiz, because he is like the heel for everybody, so he produced some laughs over the years.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 30 2011, 09:58 PM) *
Glen Johnson makes predictably entertaining scraps with just about everybody he fights. Bradley is a boring, feather-fisted fuck. Glen Johnson has fought stars. Bradley has fought Alexander and Holt.

Cant forget about "Uncle Nate Campbell", Lamont Peterson (legit opponent for once), and the unknown Luis Carlos Abreggggguuurururu (however you say it...pronouncing it is harding than pronouncing U.S. POLO Assn. (Ass-s-s-s-nnnssss) Hahahahaha!!!
Eighty88Eight
i don't even remember the peterson fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 30 2011, 10:33 PM) *
i don't even remember the peterson fight

You missed a little, but you didn't miss much at all. Either Peterson was having a bad night, or Bradley was a decent fighter for once that night...for me, it's still a toss-up for some odd reason.
BoxingFan86

"Mayweather doesn't belong in the ring with a person of my calibur?" - Ortiz
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Aug 30 2011, 11:39 PM) *

"Mayweather doesn't belong in the ring with a person of my calibur?" - Ortiz

Poor Victor...radically delusional. Im not talking about his upcoming bout, but Im referring to his comment about Maidana. Did you forget that YOU quit in that fight? Like I said..radically delusional...
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 11:55 PM) *
Poor Victor...radically delusional. Im not talking about his upcoming bout, but Im referring to his comment about Maidana. Did you forget that YOU quit in that fight? Like I said..radically delusional...

That's what made me find the video comical. It's 1 thing to be confident, but another thing to be cocky, arrogant and delusional... SIMULTANEOUSLY!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.