Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fathers and Sons, Parents and Children
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Xception2ThRule
This is going to be blunt, but here goes: just because Floyd Mayweather Sr. fucked a woman and gave birth to Jr. does not automatically bestow upon him the title of "father." Genetically, yes, but it's a title you have to earn. After all, if a father gives birth to a son, and then is never there for his childhood, what kind of "father" really is he, having played no role in his "son's" life?

Being a father/mother comes with certain responsibilities. How good of a father was/is Sr. to Jr.? Only Jr. truly knows the answer to that question. We should not speculate how a person is based on edited television episodes and selective articles and glimpses we see. Let me be clear: I do not condone what Jr. did to Sr., but it's apparent Jr. does not see him as much of a father-figure, otherwise those words would have never been said. No "father" would EVER pray upon their son's downfall or wish bad upon them, and Sr. continually has. I don't care how bad of a son Jr. might be; you have a duty as a father/mother to show unconditional love to your child. There is a reason why Jr. gets along with his mother so well and not his father, and no matter what Jr.'s temperament is, I doubt such hateful words would EVER come out of his mouth towards his mother.

You are a product of your parent's upbringing (how much of that is nature vs. nurture is still hotly debated). The way you conduct yourself and the foundation for your morals and ethics usually directly reflects upon your parents, or whomever raised you. The fact that Jr. acts the way he does and can talk to his father in that manner most likely means he was not raised with the very foundation that seems normal to most of us. On top of (and maybe lending to) the fact that the Mayweathers lack any formal education, we constantly see the Mayweathers (namely Roger and Sr.) use words like "motherfucker" and "faggot" all the time, leisurely and at will. Therefore, the fact that all of a sudden Jr. can explode on his father with those very words should come as no surprise, now should it???

I know as a son/daughter you are supposed to respect your parents, but you have no choice who your parents are and how they act towards you. On the contrary, as a parent, you MADE THE CHOICE to have a child, so it is YOUR responsibility to raise your child/children right and treat them well, and if you have done so, that respect will usually be returned to you two-fold.

And just remember:
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.
caneman
So like a sperm donor huh?
EAlbian
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Aug 29 2011, 07:30 PM) *
This is going to be blunt, but here goes: just because Floyd Mayweather Sr. fucked a woman and gave birth to Jr. does not automatically bestow upon him the title of "father." Genetically, yes, but it's a title you have to earn. After all, if Sr. gives birth to Jr., and then is never there for his childhood, what kind of "father" really is he, having played no role in his "son's" life?

Being a father/mother comes with certain responsibilities. How good of a father was/is Sr. to Jr.? Only Jr. truly knows the answer to that question. We should not even dare speculate based on edited television episodes and selective articles and glimpses we see of Floyd Mayweather Jr. Let me be clear: I do not condone what Jr. did to Sr., but it's apparent Jr. does not see him as much of a father-figure, otherwise those words would have never been said. No "father" would EVER pray upon their son's downfall or wish bad upon them, and Sr. continually has. I don't care how bad of a son Jr. is; you have a duty as a father/mother to show unconditional love to your child. There is a reason why Jr. gets along with his mother so well and not his father, and no matter what Jr.'s temperament is, I doubt such hateful words would EVER come out of his mouth towards his mother.

You are a product of your parent's upbringing (how much of that is nature vs. nurture is still hotly debated). The way you conduct yourself and your foundation for your morals and ethics usually directly reflects upon your parents, or whomever raised you. The fact that Jr. acts the way he does and can talk to his father in that manner most likely means he was not raised with the very foundation that seems normal to most of us. On top of (and maybe lending to) the fact that the Mayweathers lack any formal education, we constantly see the Mayweathers (namely Roger and Sr.) use words like "motherfucker" and "faggot" all the time, leisurely and at will. Therefore, the fact that all of a sudden Jr. can explode on his father with those very words should come as no surprise, now should it???

I know as a son/daughter you are supposed to respect your parents, but you have no choice who your parents are and how they act towards you. On the contrary, as a parent, you MADE THE CHOICE to have a child, so it is YOUR responsibility to raise your child/children right and treat them well, and if you have done so, that respect will usually be returned to you two-fold.

And just remember:
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.

I'd rather shoot myself in the face than read this. No role in his son's life?? he taught the kid to box, was with him from a baby until he was 16. Do some actual research before u write this stupid parenting crap defending either one of these retards behavior on a boxing forum. Go preach this bullshit on a parenting website
JONdaCON817
how much is HBO to blame for airing the arguement? is this REALLY about his preperation or is it about Ratings to them? Yes we all fight and/or argue with our folks (maybe not that bad) but did they go to far in airing it on national television? When your ENRAGED (which is what lil Floyd was) you can careless about whos around or whos listening..

it reminds me of a class trip i took to washington when i was in middle school.. we were standing outside the whitehouse when me and a classmate got into it... i went HAAM (Hard As A Muthafucca)on him and afterwards my friends told me i kept yelling "i dont care if we in front of the whitehouse, I WILL BOMB THIS MUTHAFUCCA".. lol. i have a pretty long fuse and i dont get angry often but when i do its all hell breaking loose and i think Mayweather is the same way. he prolly has so much shyt built up, especially about his dad, that this was juss the lass straw on the camels bacc.
Xception2ThRule
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 29 2011, 07:47 PM) *
I'd rather shoot myself in the face than read this. No role in his son's life?? he taught the kid to box, was with him from a baby until he was 16. Do some actual research before u write this stupid parenting crap defending either one of these retards behavior on a boxing forum. Go preach this bullshit on a parenting website

Where did I ever say Sr. had no role in his son's life? Allow me to edit and make my point more clear. This is a hypothetical situation to prove my previous point: "After all, if a father gives birth to a son, and then is never there for his childhood, what kind of 'father' really is he, having played no role in his 'son's' life?"
Cshel86
mgrover
if he was my son and he spoke to me like that i would of beat him senseless just like my father did me...
TheFonz
These Floyd huggers are something else. LOL

They defend Jr to no end....

This motherfucker could walk up slap the shit out of there momma and they would turn to her and say some shit like "Why where you standing there mom?".
caneman
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 07:22 PM) *

Just what we need, something else from you to slow the loading of the page! lol rolleyes_anim.gif
caneman
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 29 2011, 07:32 PM) *
These Floyd huggers are something else. LOL

They defend Jr to no end....

This motherfucker could walk up slap the shit out of there momma and they would turn to her and say some shit like "Why where you standing there mom?".

Sounds close to right actually!
SmartyBeardo
Good omnipotent figment of my imagination . . . is this going to go on for 20 some pages?

Can someone please move this to General Discussion?
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 29 2011, 07:51 PM) *
how much is HBO to blame for airing the arguement? is this REALLY about his preperation or is it about Ratings to them?

Respectfully, HBO does the 24/7 as a promotional/ratings tool, and those fighters likely participate on revenue upside after a certain amount of buys. One hand washes the other, and they both wash the face. As much as the 24/7 might be scripted and a function of the overall theme the production chooses to take, but they're getting paid up with the added buys.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 30 2011, 10:36 AM) *
Just what we need, something else from you to slow the loading of the page! lol rolleyes_anim.gif

I agree. There needs to be a limit on signature sizes as when certain posters post 5 times on a page it slows everything down.
caneman

Plus they are corny as fuck! Whatever huh?

Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 29 2011, 08:36 PM) *

Im working on it now Cane...its beginning to be too much for me too.
caneman
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 09:12 PM) *

MANY THANKS MAN!!!!!!!!!!
Fitz
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 30 2011, 12:12 PM) *

I have signatures turned off, so I never see them. But from the complaints, these guys should be grateful that you were unable to use that 12mb gif laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 29 2011, 10:23 PM) *
I have signatures turned off, so I never see them. But from the complaints, these guys should be grateful that you were unable to use that 12mb gif laugh.gif

Hahahaha!!! Nah Fitz, I was able to get everything down to 1-2 MB and the ones you saw weren't even converted yet. Im gonna be easy on the gifs from now on, because it was slowing stuff down big time. I really noticed it earlier today.
Spyder
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Aug 29 2011, 07:51 PM) *
how much is HBO to blame for airing the arguement? is this REALLY about his preperation or is it about Ratings to them?

HBO don't give a FUCK about ratings. They're a subscription based service. They get paid whether the Mayweather's fight or jerk each other off.

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 29 2011, 08:45 PM) *
Respectfully, HBO does the 24/7 as a promotional/ratings tool, and those fighters likely participate on revenue upside after a certain amount of buys. One hand washes the other, and they both wash the face. As much as the 24/7 might be scripted and a function of the overall theme the production chooses to take, but they're getting paid up with the added buys.

Exactly. Its ONLY purpose is to make people buy the PPV.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 29 2011, 09:53 PM) *
I agree. There needs to be a limit on signature sizes as when certain posters post 5 times on a page it slows everything down.

Hey! I resemble that comment!

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 29 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Hahahaha!!! Nah Fitz, I was able to get everything down to 1-2 MB and the ones you saw weren't even converted yet. Im gonna be easy on the gifs from now on, because it was slowing stuff down big time. I really noticed it earlier today.

Don't let them bully your sig. If they were really concerned about its size, they would Sig bet you and TAKE that shit!

aggressive.gif
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 30 2011, 12:00 AM) *
HBO don't give a FUCK about ratings. They're a subscription based service. They get paid whether the Mayweather's fight or jerk each other off.

Exactly. Its ONLY purpose is to make people buy the PPV.

Hey! I resemble that comment!

Don't let them bully your sig. If they were really concerned about its size, they would Sig bet you and TAKE that shit!

aggressive.gif

Well, the quality and uniqueness of HBO's content is a product of the subscription model. They don't have to chase big ratings, but it's incumbent on them to provide top-shelf quality. And of course, in the case of 24/7, HBO is helping the fighters and promoters, their dear clients, sell a PPV, from which they don't take in much money at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.