Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Senior: I'm the best trainer, I did nothing wrong.... Lil Floyd needs a reality check
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Eighty88Eight
What an incredibly grounded, even-tempered fellow that Floyd Senior. Greatest trainer of all time, no doubt. ok.gif
Method
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 09:49 AM) *
What an incredibly grounded, even-tempered fellow that Floyd Senior. Greatest trainer of all time, no doubt. ok.gif

Whether or not he is a good trainer is not something I care to contend, it's his own persistence to continually try to jam that concept down the public's throat that is always going to chafe PBF. When you're the best, do you really have to keep repeating it? Or, more to the point, do you really have to keep firing names out there to drive the point home?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 06:55 AM) *
Whether or not he is a good trainer is not something I care to contend, it's his own persistence to continually try to jam that concept down the public's throat that is always going to chafe PBF. When you're the best, do you really have to keep repeating it? Or, more to the point, do you really have to keep firing names out there to drive the point home?

FMJ needs to ask himself that question.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 31 2011, 10:34 AM) *
FMJ needs to ask himself that question.

But he also proves it. Im just saying, Floyd Sr just keeps on saying "Even so and so (inactive boxer) says Im the best".
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 07:45 AM) *
But he also proves it. Im just saying, Floyd Sr just keeps on saying "Even so and so (inactive boxer) says Im the best".

He hasn't been proving it as much as he has been claiming it. 3 fights in 4 years don't get it done.

I agree with you on FMS though.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 09:55 AM) *

Ali did it, just saying.....
Method
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 31 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Ali did it, just saying.....

..and he fought and proved.

I like Sr., but for as MUCH as he goes in on Roach, Roach has a better track record as a trainer. And you never hear Roach saying, "Well, this fighter says im the best", "that fighter says im the best", etc etc. Im jussayin.
Eighty88Eight
all this "greatest ever" bullshit was started by Ali, and just like his inflated predecessors, he wasn't the greatest ever.
krice5232
HBO in my own words should take a real close look at that clip and check the person who aired it. Senior is a every good trainer and I don't believe you need to win a title to make you one. The reality check is this, you only have one father and in Floyd senior case one son, enjoy each other while you can.
Cshel86
The best thing that Sr. can do for his son, is shut up and continue to allow his son to be the arrogant asshole that he is. As soon as that "reality check" comes, then those 8-figure checks will start to slow down and nobody will care about this circus anymore. If anything, Floyd is keeping Sr. afloat and keeping money in his pockets as well. Its hard to say this, but that ignorant and arrogant attitude got Floyd to where he is today, and Sr. is just...well...Sr. is just Sr...another guy that chases Jr. around until he gets what he wants, which is a chance to stand in the same light as him. If Sr. needs this "televised father/son" relationship with his son, then he needs to leave boxing out of it and find another way of making that happen. If boxing is the only way he feels he can have a relationship with his son, then he needs to learn how to shut up long enough for Jr. to hit a downslide in his career...then wiggle his way back in.
Eighty88Eight
Why are people criticizing HBO for airing it? You think they aired it without asking Floyd? Cmon now
Tha Docta
i personally would never speak to my father like that. but then again, my father also never used me as a human shield when i was a baby while a family member was shooting a gun at him.

the thing is, floyd sr doesnt just want to be a part of floyd jrs life as a father. he wants to be included in floyds career and his greatness. i think that really pisses floyd jr off. and its a big mystery why floyd jr is an arrogant a$$hole since floyd sr is probably a bigger a$$hole than his son.

this entire family should not be allowed to reproduce.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Aug 31 2011, 01:55 PM) *
i personally would never speak to my father like that. but then again, my father also never used me as a human shield when i was a baby while a family member was shooting a gun at him.

the thing is, floyd sr doesnt just want to be a part of floyd jrs life as a father. he wants to be included in floyds career and his greatness. i think that really pisses floyd jr off. and its a big mystery why floyd jr is an arrogant a$$hole since floyd sr is probably a bigger a$$hole than his son.

look at all that their sperm hath wrought. yet, their self-infatuation does not compareth to the hyperbolic bullshiteth of MMA media. Anderson Silva is the Greatest MMA Fighter of All Time in History & Forever.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 12:30 PM) *
..and he fought and proved.

I like Sr., but for as MUCH as he goes in on Roach, Roach has a better track record as a trainer. And you never hear Roach saying, "Well, this fighter says im the best", "that fighter says im the best", etc etc. Im jussayin.

for what it's worth....floyd sr created floyd jr from scratch....floyd jr is arguably one of the best in the sport if not thee best. his beef with roach has everything to do with freddie saying floyd sr wasn't worth the 2mil he wanted from oscar to train him to beat floyd jr. freddie is a pretty good trainer, but let's be honest, his best fighters came to him as finished...or close to finished products.
HaydelHammer
GET OUT MY GYM! LMAO!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2011, 06:23 AM) *
for what it's worth....floyd sr created floyd jr from scratch....floyd jr is arguably one of the best in the sport if not thee best. his beef with roach has everything to do with freddie saying floyd sr wasn't worth the 2mil he wanted from oscar to train him to beat floyd jr. freddie is a pretty good trainer, but let's be honest, his best fighters came to him as finished...or close to finished products.

His most famous pupil came to a long long long way from finished.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Aug 31 2011, 12:55 PM) *

I agree with you about Floyd sr wanting a more active role in his son's life. I think his intentions are god but when he srtarts spewing that "I made you, I'm the best" bullshit , nobody wantsvto be around him and that includes his son. They both obviously love one another but I think their competitive nature combined with Sr.'s absence is a recipe for instant arguments. He definitely wants a bigger rolenin his son's life but how he does it is wrong.
and the NEW
The fight is their own business, I won't judge because god knows I'm not perfect and these guys are out there walking the walk, so they can talk the talk if they like.

That said, Floyd Sr is over-rated I think. From DLH leaving Alcazar to work with him, DLH became a fairy hitting, philly shell 'shell' of his former self. His stand-up, power punching, boxing style was far more suited to his natural abilities and was schooled in him since his amateur days. He isn't a fluid mover like Floyd and never should have adopted that style.

What else has Floyd Sr ever done? Hatton we never really got to see the fruits of their labour but I imagine it would have been poor given Hatton again required his own style and the trainer should adapt to that.

Freddie Roach is a gun trainer, but why do you think he selects fighters so carefully? He needs his training methodology to match with the fighters natural talent. If not, like Chavez Jr, he won't train them in that mould and will try to adapt, which is not his strong point in coaching.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
The one guy I would've liked to see Senior continue with was Chad Dawson. I think Chad is the kinda guy who needs his ass kicked, someone who will find the dog in him. Unfortunately Chad took the easy option and dropped him.

Agree with others, certain trainers suit certain fighters. In this case Senior improves Dawson. Likewise he coulda worked with Hatton for a hundred years and not changed him at all.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 10:10 AM) *
The one guy I would've liked to see Senior continue with was Chad Dawson. I think Chad is the kinda guy who needs his ass kicked, someone who will find the dog in him. Unfortunately Chad's wife took the easy option and dropped him.

Agree with others, certain trainers suit certain fighters. In this case Senior improves Dawson. Likewise he coulda worked with Hatton for a hundred years and not changed him at all.

Had to sort that one for you mate. We all know Chad doesnt make decisions.

Finding the dog in Chad Dawson will take more than turning up late for training cos KFC done fucked up your order and you spilled your kool aid in a coughing fit.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 10:13 PM) *

Finding the dog in Chad Dawson will take more than turning up late for training cos KFC done fucked up your order and you spilled your kool aid in a coughing fit.

laugh.gif

daprofessor
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 31 2011, 10:09 PM) *
His most famous pupil came to a long long long way from finished.

his most famous pupil had already been a champion. he's improved under freddies watch, no doubt.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 31 2011, 10:11 PM) *
I agree with you about Floyd sr wanting a more active role in his son's life. I think his intentions are god but when he srtarts spewing that "I made you, I'm the best" bullshit , nobody wantsvto be around him and that includes his son. They both obviously love one another but I think their competitive nature combined with Sr.'s absence is a recipe for instant arguments. He definitely wants a bigger rolenin his son's life but how he does it is wrong.

it reminds me of roy jones and his pops. another jr/sr combination in boxing. roy claims he lost the 3rd tarver bout because he didn't want his pops to get any credit. their relationship was less publicized...but definitely not good.
daprofessor
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Sep 1 2011, 12:47 AM) *
The fight is their own business, I won't judge because god knows I'm not perfect and these guys are out there walking the walk, so they can talk the talk if they like.

That said, Floyd Sr is over-rated I think. From DLH leaving Alcazar to work with him, DLH became a fairy hitting, philly shell 'shell' of his former self. His stand-up, power punching, boxing style was far more suited to his natural abilities and was schooled in him since his amateur days. He isn't a fluid mover like Floyd and never should have adopted that style.

What else has Floyd Sr ever done? Hatton we never really got to see the fruits of their labour but I imagine it would have been poor given Hatton again required his own style and the trainer should adapt to that.

Freddie Roach is a gun trainer, but why do you think he selects fighters so carefully? He needs his training methodology to match with the fighters natural talent. If not, like Chavez Jr, he won't train them in that mould and will try to adapt, which is not his strong point in coaching.

i think floyd sr extended dlh's career. had he kept fighting the way he was...he would have been ko'd a lot sooner than the bhop fight. vargas would have ko'd him if it wasn't for that shoulder rolling. look at dlh's fights without floyd sr. he looked like a robot against floyd jr and pac.

floyd sr created floyd jr and gave him the foundation for what he is today.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 05:10 AM) *
The one guy I would've liked to see Senior continue with was Chad Dawson. I think Chad is the kinda guy who needs his ass kicked, someone who will find the dog in him. Unfortunately Chad took the easy option and dropped him.

ppl forget but floyd sr worked with francisco bojado briefly and that kid was looking very good with him. i've been fortunate enough to be in the gym with floyd sr and i can say that the man definitely knows his boxing. i agree that he was good for chad but the problem is...dawson changes trainers like he changes underwear. from my understanding...he's trained with gaspar ortega, john scully, floyd sr, eddie mustafa...and now manny steward. from what i'm told, he had 7 different trainers before manny. he looked best with floyd sr. if he comes to fight bhop the way he looked in his last fight, he's going to lose.
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 06:13 AM) *

laugh.gif Dammit man! Had to step out of the office to get that laugh out!!!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 09:49 AM) *

This... sarcasm and all.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 2 2011, 06:24 AM) *
his most famous pupil had already been a champion. he's improved under freddies watch, no doubt.

He was a crude one handed slugger who bears zero resemblance the fighter he is today. Lot's of people have titles, very few make it on to the p4p lists.
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 06:13 AM) *

i could see Sr having a mitt on one hand and a drumstick in the other and trying to work the pads with Dawson.
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 1 2011, 05:46 PM) *
i could see Sr having a mitt on one hand and a drumstick in the other and trying to work the pads with Dawson.

No, I believe No-Doz would be of perfect assistance while training Dawson!
and the NEW
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2011, 06:31 PM) *
i think floyd sr extended dlh's career. had he kept fighting the way he was...he would have been ko'd a lot sooner than the bhop fight. vargas would have ko'd him if it wasn't for that shoulder rolling. look at dlh's fights without floyd sr. he looked like a robot against floyd jr and pac.

Against Vargas, he lined DLH up and threw them straight down the pipe and landed cleanly that right hand because of DLH joke of a philly shell.

DLH was old in those fights, look at him before that, under Alcazar, he was known for his power boxer-puncher style. He looked in great physical shape. Then he started chopping wood and couldn't crack an egg. Compare DLH before Floyd Mayweather Sr to his progression whilst with Mayweather Sr, not the one that couldn't even get a punch off against Pac.
Lil-lightsout
1- Senior is NOT the best trainer. Where is this proof? It is a slap in the face to the many other professional trainers who have a much better resume of fighters and champions.

2- Okay so you developed a phenom in Floyd as an amateur, but Roger did practically all the Professional training for Floyd Jr. Sure you deserve credit, but your arrogant ass should learn to give Roger more credit for developing Jr.

3- Roger was a better fighter than you. Just saying.

4- Grow up and sit back and watch and enjoy your son, STOP trying to make everything about you!!!

5- You did wonders for Hatton against Pac. laugh.gif Shit, I could have trained Hatton better than your tardy disrespectful ass.
Did you forget the part to tell him to keep his hands up?

6- And speaking of giving credit, I would say most credit goes to Floyd Jr. for all his talents and his dedication to training(when he is actually fighting that is).
daprofessor
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Sep 2 2011, 01:44 AM) *
Against Vargas, he lined DLH up and threw them straight down the pipe and landed cleanly that right hand because of DLH joke of a philly shell.

DLH was old in those fights, look at him before that, under Alcazar, he was known for his power boxer-puncher style. He looked in great physical shape. Then he started chopping wood and couldn't crack an egg. Compare DLH before Floyd Mayweather Sr to his progression whilst with Mayweather Sr, not the one that couldn't even get a punch off against Pac.

dlh used to fight like a robot with zero head movement and used his legs and block as his primary and secondary defense. floyd sr taught him how to stand in the pocket and conserve his energy while making his opponent miss completely. of course he was old when floyd got him....and because of floyds understanding of defense, he was able to extend his career. under alcazar...he would have eventually been ktfo'd. he went back to being his robot self with beristain.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 2 2011, 02:05 AM) *
1- Senior is NOT the best trainer. Where is this proof? It is a slap in the face to the many other professional trainers who have a much better resume of fighters and champions.

2- Okay so you developed a phenom in Floyd as an amateur, but Roger did practically all the Professional training for Floyd Jr. Sure you deserve credit, but your arrogant ass should learn to give Roger more credit for developing Jr.

3- Roger was a better fighter than you. Just saying.

4- Grow up and sit back and watch and enjoy your son, STOP trying to make everything about you!!!

5- You did wonders for Hatton against Pac. laugh.gif Shit, I could have trained Hatton better than your tardy disrespectful ass.
Did you forget the part to tell him to keep his hands up?

6- And speaking of giving credit, I would say most credit goes to Floyd Jr. for all his talents and his dedication to training(when he is actually fighting that is).

floyd jr and roger didn't teach themselves to box...floyd sr did.

hatton was secretly training with another trainer while in camp with floyd sr. both trainers had opposing game plans. hatton chose to go against floyds sr's plans....and we all saw what that got him. ktfo'd.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 2 2011, 03:03 PM) *
floyd jr and roger didn't teach themselves to box...floyd sr did.

hatton was secretly training with another trainer while in camp with floyd sr. both trainers had opposing game plans. hatton chose to go against floyds sr's plans....and we all saw what that got him. ktfo'd.

And the whole world knows this, but like I said earlier, Sr. just wants his ass kissed properly and to his liking. He cant seem to build his own camp/champion, but he can manage to impose his "delusions of adequacy" on Floyd's camp. The best thing for him to do is shut up, take a seat, and appreciate the fact that his millionaire son isn't as disgusted with his life-threatening stupidity to the point that doesn't even want to give him money for doing nothing. Shit, Sr. could still be stuck back in Grand Rapids selling drugs and feeling sorry for himself because his son became something in life and didn't include him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 2 2011, 04:19 PM) *
And the whole world knows this, but like I said earlier, Sr. just wants his ass kissed properly and to his liking. He cant seem to build his own camp/champion, but he can manage to impose his "delusions of adequacy" on Floyd's camp. The best thing for him to do is shut up, take a seat, and appreciate the fact that his millionaire son isn't as disgusted with his life-threatening stupidity to the point that doesn't even want to give him money for doing nothing. Shit, Sr. could still be stuck back in Grand Rapids selling drugs and feeling sorry for himself because his son became something in life and didn't include him.

the man has ego that is only matched by his sons. i can go on about how if he was secure in what his capabilities were he wouldn't have to say shit. but the fact remains...he is who he is....he likes to talk shit. it doesn't take away from what he knows and what he's capable of. i've seen him do his thing first hand....i've seen other great trainers do their things first hand...and i can tell u, from what i know, floyd sr is one of the best in all of boxing. period.
jlupi
dlh used to fight like a robot with zero head movement and used his legs and block as his primary and secondary defense. floyd sr taught him how to stand in the pocket and conserve his energy while making his opponent miss completely. of course he was old when floyd got him.>>>>

DLH fought tight before and after mayweather got him. he still got tired (his primary weakness) because he fights so tight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 2 2011, 05:42 PM) *
the man has ego that is only matched by his sons. i can go on about how if he was secure in what his capabilities were he wouldn't have to say shit. but the fact remains...he is who he is....he likes to talk shit. it doesn't take away from what he knows and what he's capable of. i've seen him do his thing first hand....i've seen other great trainers do their things first hand...and i can tell u, from what i know, floyd sr is one of the best in all of boxing. period.

Im not knocking the fact that he is a great trainer, but that is what he needs to be doing more of, training! Instead he chooses to whore for some spotlight by any means, including engaging in a debate with his son, whom he has a rocky relationship (a rocky relationship that cant withstand jesting), that he knows will always lead to the expected but unexpected arguments. While he is starving for attention, by way of his son whose name ring bells in good/bad ways, his "greatest trainer of all time" role is being overshadowed by such antics. Hell, who is he training that has a name nowadays? I know that he trained Vernon Paris for his FNF bout with Tim Coleman, but this idiot "couldn't make it" to the fight for some reason. What was he probably doing? Probably up his son's ass. He is good when he plays his position, but when he sparks up this sort of media, it makes you forget about his "talent". At least when his son screws up outside of the sport, he can at least return and contribute something of substance, but when Sr. scews up, we cant say that he being distracted from training his fighters for upcoming bouts.
scallum
If there is no Sr there is no Roger or Floyd Jr in boxing end of thread. Those guys owe much credit to Sr. Folks from the.hood have a bad habit of not respecting those who got them started. I got a younger brother started in his biz and gave him clients that pay all his bills. My younger brother is ungrateful just like Lil Floyd but he is not disrespectful.
daprofessor
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 2 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Im not knocking the fact that he is a great trainer, but that is what he needs to be doing more of, training! Instead he chooses to whore for some spotlight by any means, including engaging in a debate with his son, whom he has a rocky relationship (a rocky relationship that cant withstand jesting), that he knows will always lead to the expected but unexpected arguments. While he is starving for attention, by way of his son whose name ring bells in good/bad ways, his "greatest trainer of all time" role is being overshadowed by such antics. Hell, who is he training that has a name nowadays? I know that he trained Vernon Paris for his FNF bout with Tim Coleman, but this idiot "couldn't make it" to the fight for some reason. What was he probably doing? Probably up his son's ass. He is good when he plays his position, but when he sparks up this sort of media, it makes you forget about his "talent". At least when his son screws up outside of the sport, he can at least return and contribute something of substance, but when Sr. scews up, we cant say that he being distracted from training his fighters for upcoming bouts.

i don't know all of who sr is training at the moment, but i do know he still trains amateurs. how many big name trainers in the sport can say that? he's building them from the ground up...and that takes time. if and when he gets another fighter to the top, we'll know it's because he has real skill as a trainer. not because his gym just happens to be the popular spot and another finished product has walked through his doors.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2011, 05:30 AM) *
i don't know all of who sr is training at the moment, but i do know he still trains amateurs. how many big name trainers in the sport can say that? he's building them from the ground up...and that takes time. if and when he gets another fighter to the top, we'll know it's because he has real skill as a trainer. not because his gym just happens to be the popular spot and another finished product has walked through his doors.

Yeah it ain't happened so far & I doubt it will anytime soon.
Method
Man, Sr. should just have a small slice of humble pie and make it right w PBF, ad train in his gym. Fuck, Floyd should run THAT gym. Senior's money aint as long as Junior's. He ain't gonna be able to hang...

Jr. Vs. Sr. is gonne be like GloboGym vs. Avgerage Joe's.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2011, 01:31 PM) *

Man, you're crazy if you think Vargas would have KO'd Oscar in 2002 without FMS. I loved Vargas but he was never in Oscar's class. Truth that fight was closer than it should have been. Vargas lost all semblance of punch resistance after Tito mangled his ass. And your other bit about FMS teaching Oscar how to conserve his energy doesn't hold water either. Oscar still lost the Mosley rematch cause he tired down the stretch. Oscar fought tight. Always fought tight and always had issues with stamina because of it.

I'm not trying to discredit Floyd Senior as a trainer, but let's not pretend he reinvented the wheel or anything.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 04:44 PM) *
He was a crude one handed slugger who bears zero resemblance the fighter he is today. Lot's of people have titles, very few make it to P4P NUMBER ONE.

Fixed. Brig up, O-Dog.

daprofessor
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 6 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Man, you're crazy if you think Vargas would have KO'd Oscar in 2002 without FMS. I loved Vargas but he was never in Oscar's class. Truth that fight was closer than it should have been. Vargas lost all semblance of punch resistance after Tito mangled his ass. And your other bit about FMS teaching Oscar how to conserve his energy doesn't hold water either. Oscar still lost the Mosley rematch cause he tired down the stretch. Oscar fought tight. Always fought tight and always had issues with stamina because of it.

I'm not trying to discredit Floyd Senior as a trainer, but let's not pretend he reinvented the wheel or anything.

i won't call u crazy...but it's evident u don't know what ur seeing. oscar weathered the storm from vargas and ktfo'd him in which round? again...that just proves what i was saying. dlh was able to take his energy late into the fight and finish off vargas after weathering the storm early. who was in oscars corner for the mosley rematch?

he didn't reinvent the wheel...he just showed oscar little tricks he had no idea about.
Cshel86
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *

My point exactly...
daprofessor
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *

whether he does...or he doesn't.....at least he can say he created one of the best (if not thee best) fighters of this generation.

very few can say that. it's better to have had...and lost...than to have never have had at all.

keep on hatin.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2011, 08:05 PM) *
whether he does...or he doesn't.....at least he can say he created one of the best (if not thee best) fighters of this generation.

very few can say that. it's better to have had...and lost...than to have never have had at all.

keep on hatin.

Do you mean Sr. can say that he trained the best fighter of this generation? Who's hating?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2011, 10:05 AM) *

Reminds me of Tiger Woods & his dad. If his dad was a convicted felon who claimed he created Tiger & was soley responsable for his sons success.

Snr had plenty. Plenty of highlight reel beatings dished out to him that is.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 7 2011, 10:05 AM) *
keep on hatin.

Don't worry about that. My hate is strong & seems to grow by the day. I was there to celebrate RJJ's downfall & I will be here to celebrate Floyd's too.

You know I almost felt sorry for RJJ after his last brutal KO loss. Only lasted a split second but it shows I was slippin & maybe slowing down a tad in my old age.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 7 2011, 11:55 AM) *
Fixed. Brig up, O-Dog.

Cheers, I must have lost my mind for a minute there.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2011, 07:03 PM) *
i won't call u crazy...but it's evident u don't know what ur seeing. oscar weathered the storm from vargas and ktfo'd him in which round? again...that just proves what i was saying. dlh was able to take his energy late into the fight and finish off vargas after weathering the storm early. who was in oscars corner for the mosley rematch?

he didn't reinvent the wheel...he just showed oscar little tricks he had no idea about.

Oscar knocked him out in the 11th (though really the fight was over by the end of the 10th).

That had nothing to do with stamina and everything to do with class.

Floyd or no Floyd, Oscar was beating Vargas ass that night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.