Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What can beat Victor Ortiz? Is he unbeatable?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
Based on his comments that Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana & Brandon Rios are not on his level and the fact that he has 1 official loss. (according to boxrec the other loss was a DQ in a fight he was winning) and 2 draws.

Is Ortiz unbeatable and how would you have your fighter go about beating him if you fought him....where does the mistake lay? Can anyone stand up to his power?

Mayweather, Maidana & Rios are not on his level...who is? or is he just a Juggernaut?

About Floyd & Maidana not being on his level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVItnLziDMQ...player_embedded

About Rios not being on his level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCtcrKcgYA...player_embedded
Seek
Who are you to even fathom his Victor Ortiz' greatness? An admin should probably ban you for even thinking you are on the level of speaking of Victor Ortiz.
Eighty88Eight
You should both be banned for speaking of He Who Hath No Name. aka Haveth Not A Name He.
CrazyBuffalO
I have the answer to this.

Floyd will beat him come Sept 17.
TheFonz
I bit delusional, but I like the attitude going into a fight with someone like Floyd. I mean what is he supposed to say?
Seek
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 12:11 PM) *
You should both be banned for speaking of He Who Hath No Name. aka Haveth Not A Name He.

You ain't even on my level.

Off with your head!
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Seek @ Aug 31 2011, 12:35 PM) *
You ain't even on my level.

Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 31 2011, 12:17 PM) *
I bit delusional, but I like the attitude going into a fight with someone like Floyd. I mean what is he supposed to say?

I know right? Though his statements are far-fetched and hold no power, he isn't supposed to lay down this soon...he can at least wait til the 17th laugh.gif
du365
Would Floyd be able to stop Victor's right hook, right uppercut combo?
Seek
QUOTE (du365 @ Aug 31 2011, 01:33 PM) *
Would Floyd be able to stop Victor's right hook, right uppercut combo?

Ortiz is way too predictable. He even telegraphs his punches while shadow boxing!
Box in Hand
I cannot believe this silly ass post exist. Really dude?
du365
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 31 2011, 02:45 PM) *
I cannot believe this silly ass post exist. Really dude?

Well instead of posting nothing insightful and calling this thread silly. why don't you elaborate on why this is silly and give your thought on the man, the fighter Victor "Vicious" Ortiz.

Geez I thought this was a boxing forum?

Eighty88Eight
To be slightly serious for a moment, beware the youngins. Young, hungry, ambitious fighters are not to be taken lightly. Is Mayweather a better fighter? yes. Is Mayweather more disciplined? More skilled? Smarter? Yes yes yes. But, you see, the thing with Ortiz is that I forgot what I was gonna say and now I have to get back to work. Sorry :T
daprofessor
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 31 2011, 12:17 PM) *

exactly.
BoxingFan86
How dare you ask such a question when Maidana made this guy quit?
Crafty
Anyone can look good against the bums that Floyd has faced for the past 8 years. He won't be getting up after a shot from Ortiz. And in every fight Floyd always gets hit flush at least once; Mosley, JMM, Zab, etc.
gravytrain
QUOTE (du365 @ Aug 31 2011, 03:12 PM) *
Well instead of posting nothing insightful and calling this thread silly. why don't you elaborate on why this is silly and give your thought on the man, the fighter Victor "Vicious" Ortiz.

Geez I thought this was a boxing forum?

i think the better question is how a win over Berto means he's unbeatable. that and how what he says is relevant to how good or bad he actually is. Tony Thompson thinks he can take Wlad now, is anyone going to put money on that? every fighter is going to say he's going to win a fight whether he actually thinks he'll win or not.
Crafty
I like Ortiz's answer in the 24/7 head to head. "How are you going to beat Floyd without a game plan?" "Because I'm a bad ass" Haha, that's the spirit. I believe in him.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (du365 @ Aug 31 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Based on his comments that Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana & Brandon Rios are not on his level and the fact that he has 1 official loss. (according to boxrec the other loss was a DQ in a fight he was winning) and 2 draws.

Is Ortiz unbeatable and how would you have your fighter go about beating him if you fought him....where does the mistake lay? Can anyone stand up to his power?

Mayweather, Maidana & Rios are not on his level...who is? or is he just a Juggernaut?

About Floyd & Maidana not being on his level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVItnLziDMQ...player_embedded

About Rios not being on his level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCtcrKcgYA...player_embedded

Ortiz is a good boxer and I really hope that they set up a rematch with Maidana where he will kick Maidana's ass. He has a real chance in this fight, but he'll have to show some crazy will. Unfortunately Floyd will prove that he's a strong 147lbr who can still counterpunch and I think that he'll also use the jab as he shows his more aggresive side. I think that when he fought Gatti (R.I.P), he really showed some nice targeted and painful power, same with Hatton. Ortiz' pressure obviously creates openings, which can be timed if you're willing to mix it up and I think that Floyd is going to mix it up when he needs to and will punish Ortiz during those openings. If Ortiz plays it calmer, I think that Floyd will try to impose himself with the jab. Still though if Ortiz brings some iron determination, uses every bit of his youth, good boxing skills and power I don't see why he wouldn't have a great chance to win.
SmartyBeardo
Ortiz is going to need every bit of confidence that he can muster going into this one. The "Maidana Who" shit is pathetic though.

They are building this thing right. Ortiz believers coming out of the woodwork. He is on Pierce Morgan Tonight or whatever it is on CNN, tonight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 31 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Ortiz is going to need every bit of confidence that he can muster going into this one. The "Maidana Who" shit is pathetic though.

They are building this thing right. Ortiz believers coming out of the woodwork. He is on Pierce Morgan Tonight or whatever it is on CNN, tonight.

The month of September will be upon us in less than 2 hours...so let's expect the stampede of Ortiz "believers" to state their claim...
mrchitown
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 31 2011, 11:17 AM) *

I agree. Come Sept 17th, we'll see if he truly believes it
lloyd mayflower
I'm afraid this thread has just become absolutely insignificant and may aswell by put in the recycle bin.

Why? Well I just read on boxingscene that Oscar De La Hoya has no doubt in his mind that Victor will win. This removes any shadow of doubt there was that Floyd will win this one quite easily.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 10:10 PM) *
I'm afraid this thread has just become absolutely insignificant and may aswell by put in the recycle bin.

Why? Well I just read on boxingscene that Oscar De La Hoya has no doubt in his mind that Victor will win. This removes any shadow of doubt there was that Floyd will win this one quite easily.

Hold your horses there Lloyd, let's wait to hear Teddy Atlas pick Ortiz before we put the whole house on it. laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 10:12 AM) *
Hold your horses there Lloyd, let's wait to hear Teddy Atlas pick Ortiz before we put the whole house on it. laugh.gif

Ha, one things for sure, I see a sig bet thread opened up courtesy of Eugene, i'd need at least 33/1 to bet on Ortiz.

On another note, I see your country is currently being invaded by English Rugby fans. Whilst not as bad as football fans, you should still be vigilant. Generally patio furniture is their weapon of choice but they have been known to improvise with almost anything. The ones you have to watch out for are the fat, vest wearing skinhead ones who seem to be having a loud man contest with his strikingly similar mates. There wont be too many Scots there I wouldnt think but you will find a friend for life among the Scots Welsh and Irish fans. Specially the Welshies, they are Rugby daft and love a drink.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Ha, one things for sure, I see a sig bet thread opened up courtesy of Eugene, i'd need at least 33/1 to bet on Ortiz.

On another note, I see your country is currently being invaded by English Rugby fans. Whilst not as bad as football fans, you should still be vigilant. Generally patio furniture is their weapon of choice but they have been known to improvise with almost anything. The ones you have to watch out for are the fat, vest wearing skinhead ones who seem to be having a loud man contest with his strikingly similar mates. There wont be too many Scots there I wouldnt think but you will find a friend for life among the Scots Welsh and Irish fans. Specially the Welshies, they are Rugby daft and love a drink.

I know I know Lloyd they are coming. However I am prepared I lived in London for 6 years. There is nothing so funny as standing in a pub during a football World Cup and seeing England inevitably lose to either the Huns or Argies in a quarter final penalty shoot-out. Just classic seeing so many gown men cry.

But yes in about 10 days all of NZ shall be drunk for about a month. I shall go into the city find a Scotsman, drink with him all night and all the while calling him 'Lloyd.'
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 1 2011, 10:39 AM) *
I know I know Lloyd they are coming. However I am prepared I lived in London for 6 years. There is nothing so funny as standing in a pub during a football World Cup and seeing England inevitably lose to either the Huns or Argies in a quarter final penalty shoot-out. Just classic seeing so many gown men cry.

But yes in about 10 days all of NZ shall be drunk for about a month. I shall go into the city find a Scotsman, drink with him all night and all the while calling him 'Lloyd.'

Haha rightly so. It is a beautiful thing that wherever an event involving super fit athletes at the absolute top of their sport takes place, it inspires the public to celebrate it by going out and destroying their bodies.

All I will say is find him quick, as we will likely get bombed out early on, as is our way.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 1 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Haha rightly so. It is a beautiful thing that wherever an event involving super fit athletes at the absolute top of their sport takes place, it inspires the public to celebrate it by going out and destroying their bodies.

All I will say is find him quick, as we will likely get bombed out early on, as is our way.

Yep it's gonna have to happen in pool play, haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.