Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So there ARE rehydrating clauses in boxing?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Seek
Margarito's trainer Robert Garcia said that Team Cotto demanded a rehydrating clause for Margarito maximum of 160 on the day of the fight. You can read about this on BS.

How often do you think this happens and is never mentioned or agreed upon the fighters that it will not be mentioned to the public? Is there a possibility DLH agreed to a rehydrating clause vs Pacquiao? Why else would he overtrain to the point of only rehydrating to 148 on fight night?
Eighty88Eight
Cotto knows the first fight had nothing to do with loaded gloves, and everything to do with getting hit on the head many many times. and he knows that unless Margarito is a big lumbering corpse, he is incapable of making the outcome any different than the first fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 12:51 PM) *
Cotto knows the first fight had nothing to do with loaded gloves, and everything to do with getting hit on the head many many times. and he knows that unless Margarito is a big lumbering corpse, he is incapable of making the outcome any different than the first fight.

Yeah Cotto should've done himself a solid by doing some effective body work in the first fight. They used to praise him and kiss his ass all the way up to the 7th round of the Margarito bout...then it was a hush-mouth announcer's table.
johnnyblaze
The IBF has a re-hydration clause in every one of its title fights. 10 pounds.
Seek
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 31 2011, 12:57 PM) *
Yeah Cotto should've done himself a solid by doing some effective body work in the first fight. They used to praise him and kiss his ass all the way up to the 7th round of the Margarito bout...then it was a hush-mouth announcer's table.

A lot of people argue that Cotto was 'dominating' or 'outboxing' Margarito the first half of the fight but that isn't completely true. In at least 3 of those rounds as early as the 2nd or 3rd round, Cotto was taking A LOT of punishment from Margarito equally exchanging blows. Margarito also worked the body from the start. Unfortunately Cotto was in terminator mode and thought he could outpunch the Tijuana Tornado.

It's clear his camp is not completely confident going into this fight and that worries me. Margarito is going to be MASSIVE come fight night. 153 is cake for this dude. . .
Seek
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 01:29 PM) *
The IBF has a re-hydration clause in every one of its title fights. 10 pounds.

I did not know this!
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (Seek @ Aug 31 2011, 01:46 PM) *
I did not know this!

http://tinyurl.com/3dck5p5
daprofessor
QUOTE (Seek @ Aug 31 2011, 12:32 PM) *
Margarito's trainer Robert Garcia said that Team Cotto demanded a rehydrating clause for Margarito maximum of 160 on the day of the fight. You can read about this on BS.

How often do you think this happens and is never mentioned or agreed upon the fighters that it will not be mentioned to the public? Is there a possibility DLH agreed to a rehydrating clause vs Pacquiao? Why else would he overtrain to the point of only rehydrating to 148 on fight night?

ask yourself this....

where did cotto get this idea? once u figure that out....u'll have the answer to all ur questions.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 02:09 PM) *
ask yourself this....

where did cotto get this idea? once u figure that out....u'll have the answer to all ur questions.

The IBF?
Cshel86
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 02:10 PM) *
The IBF?

Team Pacquiao...
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 31 2011, 02:14 PM) *
Team Pacquiao...

That's pure speculation.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 02:10 PM) *
The IBF?

cotto never held the ibf title...but it's possible. i think u know who he learned it from.
daprofessor
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 31 2011, 02:14 PM) *
Team Pacquiao...

bingo!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Aug 31 2011, 01:40 PM) *
A lot of people argue that Cotto was 'dominating' or 'outboxing' Margarito the first half of the fight but that isn't completely true. In at least 3 of those rounds as early as the 2nd or 3rd round, Cotto was taking A LOT of punishment from Margarito equally exchanging blows. Margarito also worked the body from the start. Unfortunately Cotto was in terminator mode and thought he could outpunch the Tijuana Tornado.

It's clear his camp is not completely confident going into this fight and that worries me. Margarito is going to be MASSIVE come fight night. 153 is cake for this dude. . .

Yes he did dominate those first six rounds, treaded water in 7 and 8, got outgunned in 9, and got his clock cleaned for the remainder of the fight while it lasted. I saw Margarito pressing Cotto to the ropes towards the middle of the 1st round, and landed that wreckless ass, lunging uppercut-lookin' punch to Cotto's body about 3 or 4 times before the round ended. If Margarito could press his luck like that in the 1st round and land those punches while Cotto was still fresh and alert, then trouble wasn't too far around the corner...as we all witnessed.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 02:15 PM) *
cotto never held the ibf title...but it's possible. i think u know who he learned it from.

It's well known that the IBF has a 10 pound re-hydration clause. No need for conspiracy theories nor speculation here.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 02:20 PM) *
It's well known that the IBF has a 10 pound re-hydration clause. No need for conspiracy theories nor speculation here.

no conspiracies....just careful observation.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 02:26 PM) *
no conspiracies....just careful observation.

or wild speculation, either one. thumbsup_anim.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 02:31 PM) *
or wild speculation, either one. thumbsup_anim.gif

well...since ur the one taking it there...i guess u leave me no choice.

is there a coincidence that fight night weights were not posted on hbo for pac's fights since the dlh fight? dlh weighed 1lb less the day of the fight than he did the day before. most fighters put on significant weight right after the weigh in. why didn't dlh? that was the last bout that hbo posted fight night weights for a pacquiao bout.

manny went on to fight...

hatton- again...his fight night weight was not posted. roger mayweather mentioned in an interview that hatton was only allowed to gain 5lbs after the weigh in. could that have led to his devastating ko loss? u ever been punched in the head while u were dehydrated? i have...it's not fun. being dehydrated takes away from ur ability to take a punch.

cotto- we know he had to fight at 145....and guess what? they didn't post his weight the night of the fight either. he looked flat physically.

clottey- he was allowed to weigh in at 147....but did absolutely nothing during the fight. he actually looked to be the same size as pac during the fight. he's known to gain serious weight after weighing in. (*see clotty/corrales) his fight night weight wasn't posted. he later claimed to have diarrhea...ch...ch.

then there's margarito- margarito had to fight at a catchweight of 150. he was trying to drink something in the locker room before the fight as if trying to hydrate before he entered the ring. his weight was announced by jim "big right hand" lampley. i don't know how credible lampley's words are, but he claimed margarito was 160-something. i didn't see it. margarito looked flat and lifeless. again...aside from lampley's claim, there was no posted fight night weight.

last but not least...shane- we know he was allowed to weigh 147 for his fight...but again, fight night weights were not posted. he looked flat and almost as if he just came to survive. he said pac hit him harder than he's ever been hit before. i wonder if lack of hydration had anything to do with that?

of course this is all speculation but i know from personal experience that 'non-disclosure contract stipulations' exist in boxing because i have signed contracts with them.
johnnyblaze
I've heard all this garbage before. They don't show weights for lots of fights. I guess that means they all have super secret double probation clauses, too. That would include every Floyd fight in recent memory, as well as your boy Paul Williams.
Seek
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 31 2011, 02:19 PM) *
Yes he did dominate those first six rounds, treaded water in 7 and 8, got outgunned in 9, and got his clock cleaned for the remainder of the fight while it lasted. I saw Margarito pressing Cotto to the ropes towards the middle of the 1st round, and landed that wreckless ass, lunging uppercut-lookin' punch to Cotto's body about 3 or 4 times before the round ended. If Margarito could press his luck like that in the 1st round and land those punches while Cotto was still fresh and alert, then trouble wasn't too far around the corner...as we all witnessed.

They were trading rounds in the first half, it wasn't as dominant in favor of Cotto as most claim it was. Anybody who rewatches the fight can clearly see Margarito wasn't getting anywhere near outboxed or dominated.
Eighty88Eight
Margarito was landing the effective punches all night long. Cotto already looked abused by round 6.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 02:55 PM) *
I've heard all this garbage before. They don't show weights for lots of fights. I guess that means they all have super secret double probation clauses, too. That would include every Floyd fight in recent memory, as well as your boy Paul Williams.

it's possible...but less likely.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 03:00 PM) *
it's possible...but less likely.

Based on your speculation. I'm going to deal with the facts that we know instead.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Based on your speculation. I'm going to deal with the facts that we know instead.

fact: the dlh fight was the last pac fight that hbo posted fight night weights.

fact: roger mayweather stated that hatton was only allowed to gain 5lbs after the weigh in.

fact: no fight night weights were posted for hatton, cotto, clottey, margarito or mosley.

fact: non-disclosure contract stipulations exist.

yeah...me too.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 03:25 PM) *
fact: the dlh fight was the last fight hbo posted fight night weights.

fact: roger mayweather stated that hatton was only allowed to gain 5lbs after the weigh in.

fact: no fight night weights were posted for hatton, cotto, clottey, margarito or mosley.

fact: non-disclosure contract stipulations exist.

yeah...me too.

taunt.gif

Fact 1 is not true, and fact 2 is another opinion. Fact 3 can be applied to many other fights. Fact 4 is a known IBF rule.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 03:29 PM) *
taunt.gif

Fact 1 is not true, and fact 2 is another opinion. Fact 3 can be applied to many other fights. Fact 4 is a known IBF rule.

-fixed fact 1

-fact 2...i'll take roger's statement over ur opinion.

-fact 3 doesn't eliminate them from speculation either.

-i'm going to need to see proof that it is an ibf rule to have 'non-disclosure contract stipulations'
Eighty88Eight
pacquiao's whole career is based on having every competitive edge possible against his opponent. this guy is and has been a hand-crafted, manufactured mythos. not saying he's not a great fighter, and im not saying he's not the best fighter right now, but he's being over inflated by fighting opponents that were not allowed to enter the ring with any competitive even-handedness whatsoever. and lets not even talk about the steroids. look at pac's cranium when he fought morales and look at his head now. it's like the size of a fuckin cinder block.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 03:39 PM) *
-fixed fact 1

-fact 2...i'll take roger's statement over ur opinion.

-fact 3 doesn't eliminate them from speculation either.

-i'm going to need to see proof that it is an ibf rule to have 'non-disclosure contract stipulations'

Roger also perpetrates the existence of A side meth.

Didn't read your last one completely, sorry. I tend to skim your posts.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 03:42 PM) *
pacquiao's whole career is based on having every competitive edge possible against his opponent. this guy is and has been a hand-crafted, manufactured mythos. not saying he's not a great fighter, and im not saying he's not the best fighter right now, but he's being over inflated by fighting opponents that were not allowed to enter the ring with any competitive even-handedness whatsoever. and lets not even talk about the steroids. look at pac's cranium when he fought morales and look at his head now. it's like the size of a fuckin cinder block.

Tell me about the edges he had over JMM and MAB.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 03:42 PM) *

i agree for the most part. i wouldn't say his 'whole career' but at least everything above 130. i won't touch the steroid talk.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 03:54 PM) *
Roger also perpetrates the existence of A side meth.

Didn't read your last one completely, sorry. I tend to skim your posts.

roger also happens to be floyd sr's brother. i think he'd know about that fight a little more than u would.

yeah...i skim urs too.
Cshel86
Looks like this is about to turn into a Pacquiao/Mayweather thread, so Im planning my exit accordingly no2.gif...

johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 04:44 PM) *
roger also happens to be floyd sr's brother. i think he'd know about that fight a little more than u would.

yeah...i skim urs too.

Being the brother of a convicted felon is even more credible. Man, I bet that dude never lies and knows everything.

Don't you think is there was some sort of super secret non disclosure clause, something would've happened when he, you know, disclosed it?
daprofessor
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 31 2011, 04:46 PM) *
Looks like this is about to turn into a Pacquiao/Mayweather thread, so Im planning my exit accordingly no2.gif...

not if we stick to the subject...but it's no secret that the only ppl who defend pac's stipulations are pactards.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 04:47 PM) *
not if we stick to the subject...but it's no secret that the only ppl who defend pac's stipulations are pactards.

It's no secret that folks that make sh1t up pretend it's real.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Being the brother of a convicted felon is even more credible. Man, I bet that dude never lies and knows everything.

Don't you think is there was some sort of super secret non disclosure clause, something would've happened when he, you know, disclosed it?

not necessarily. they probably have the same mind set as u...."no one will ever believe this guy...he's not credible...blah,blah,blah.." also, go after him gives the theory more weight.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 04:49 PM) *
not necessarily. they probably have the same mind set as u...."no one will ever believe this guy...he's not credible...blah,blah,blah.." also, go after him gives the theory more weight.

This is silly, even for you. taunt.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 04:48 PM) *
It's no secret that folks that make sh1t up pretend it's real.

it's not a secret that folks who can't see facts for what they are prefer to stick their heads in the sand.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 04:50 PM) *
it's not secret that folks who can't see facts for what they are prefer to stick their heads in the sand.

You prove this daily.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 04:50 PM) *
This is silly, even for you. taunt.gif

so u agree that saying he isn't credible is silly...got it.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 04:51 PM) *
so u agree that saying he isn't credible is silly...got it.

This is typical of your inability to read and comprehend.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 04:52 PM) *
This is typical of your inability to read and comprehend.

i knew it would only be a matter of time before u came over to this board to stalk me. where's the rest of the clique?
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 04:53 PM) *
i knew it would only be a matter of time before u came over to this board to stalk me. where's the rest of the clique?

Delusions of self importance and grandeur are never far off with you yahoo.gif

The clique has notified me that the real board is almost done. You can have this place all to yourself.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 04:55 PM) *
Delusions of self importance and grandeur are never far off with you yahoo.gif

The clique has notified me that the real board is almost done. You can have this place all to yourself.

don't worry...i'll be over there once it's back up. no need for stalker withdrawls. laugh.gif

johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 04:58 PM) *
don't worry...i'll be over there once it's back up. no need for stalker withdrawls. laugh.gif

I have no doubt, you can't stay away from the clique.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 05:02 PM) *
I have no doubt, you can't stay away from the clique.

ur the one who followed me here and responded to my post.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 05:15 PM) *
ur the one who followed me here and responded to my post.

More delusions. I didn't follow anyone. I just try to keep misinformation to a minimum, it's bad enough you've infected one board with senseless boolsh1t.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 05:19 PM) *
More delusions. I didn't follow anyone. I just try to keep misinformation to a minimum, it's bad enough you've infected one board with senseless boolsh1t.

we all can't bring the high level of substance u post. ur boxing knowledge is unparalleled and i'm not sure why u haven't been crowned boxing knowledge king. it's an honor to read ur posts. thank u for gracing us with ur presence. now get the fvck outta here. smile.gif

johnnyblaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 31 2011, 05:23 PM) *
we all can't bring the high level of substance u post. ur boxing knowledge is unparalleled and i'm not sure why u haven't been crowned boxing knowledge king. it's an honor to read ur posts. thank u for gracing us with ur presence. now get the fvck outta here. smile.gif

Go fvck yourself.
daprofessor
QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Aug 31 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Go fvck yourself.

i love u too! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.