Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nonito Donaire vs Omar Andres Navarez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Navarez has been a champion for a very long time...undefeated at 35-0-2...I've only seen his fight vs Cesar Seda a young contender who was bigger than he was and he looked very good...showed very good skills and came on strong late to win clearly vs Seda...but I think Nonito will give him a beating...well what do you guys think?
EAlbian
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 31 2011, 01:09 PM) *
Navarez has been a champion for a very long time...undefeated at 35-0-2...I've only seen his fight vs Cesar Seda a young contender who was bigger than he was and he looked very good...showed very good skills and came on strong late to win clearly vs Seda...but I think Nonito will give him a beating...well what do you guys think?

Navarez is very solid, he's a southpaw, and he's undefeated. However, I don't think he brings anything to the table that Donaire can't handle. He's way to small and not nearly fast or strong enough to trouble Donaire. He's not even on Montiel's level and we saw how well he fared. Navarez also carries his hands low and stands a little too upright.

Donaire needs to make a push at greatness and go to 122 or 126, he's way bigger than these guys at 118. I'd love to see him go to 126 and fight Jhonny Gonzales
Mean Mister Mustard
Navarez has been consistent for a long time now, though there are a lot of bums on his records. But hey, that's to be expected when you fight as long and as often as he has. He is a very good boxer but then I realized that the dude is in his late 30's. Donaire's speed is going to do him in on this one.
Crafty
Sometimes a fighter can look outstanding in one fight and then stink up the joint in his next fight, and then lose and fall off the map, (see Brian Villoria). However, I predict UD Nonito Donaire.
Sunni6Killer
Donaire by being younger and bigger.
Donaire by KO.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Crafty @ Aug 31 2011, 03:06 PM) *
Sometimes a fighter can look outstanding in one fight and then stink up the joint in his next fight, and then lose and fall off the map, (see Brian Villoria). However, I predict UD Nonito Donaire.

Obviously you haven't watch Donaire then because he's looked pretty spectacular in almost all of his fight, especially the big fights.
Crafty
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 31 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Obviously you haven't watch Donaire then because he's looked pretty spectacular in almost all of his fight, especially the big fights.

I've seen 2 of his fights. I'm just saying, Brian Viloria looked spectacular too with his 1st round KO of Eric Ortiz, then he loses his next 2 fights. So far Donaire has been impressive though, I agree. I'm not predicting a loss quite yet.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Crafty @ Aug 31 2011, 06:05 PM) *
I've seen 2 of his fights. I'm just saying, Brian Viloria looked spectacular too with his 1st round KO of Eric Ortiz, then he loses his next 2 fights. So far Donaire has been impressive though, I agree. I'm not predicting a loss quite yet.

yea but its pretty ridiculous that you're comparing one of the best p4p to brian viloria
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 31 2011, 10:09 AM) *

I saw the Seda fight the opposite way. It was not a robbery but I felt Seda won clearly.

A 35-0-2, 36 year old pro can never be overlooked but I see little to no chance for Narvaez. What little chance he has is if his diminutive size bothers Donaire and throws him completely off his game.

Donaire KO 3
and the NEW
A super-fly moving up to face Donaire. Ouch. He is going to be put to sleep.
Crafty
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 31 2011, 06:35 PM) *
yea but its pretty ridiculous that you're comparing one of the best p4p to brian viloria

I know, it's just that I had such high expectations for Viloria and he let me down. I have similar high expectations for Donaire. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen.
JLUVBABY
i cqnt pick against my boy nonito but this is a better fight then some give it credit for being... narvaez is just the kind of fighter that will give that kid fits...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 1 2011, 06:04 AM) *
i cqnt pick against my boy nonito but this is a better fight then some give it credit for being... narvaez is just the kind of fighter that will give that kid fits...

. . . until Donaire makes him twitch.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 1 2011, 08:08 AM) *
. . . until Donaire makes him twitch.

not saying that wont happen... but ill say this narvaez last longer and has better success than montiel... lol...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 1 2011, 06:24 AM) *
not saying that wont happen... but ill say this narvaez last longer and has better success than montiel... lol...

Yeah, I see your point, JLUV. Narvaez will be tougher to hit and he won't be coming in there all mano y mano like Montiel did.
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (Crafty @ Sep 1 2011, 09:38 PM) *
I know, it's just that I had such high expectations for Viloria and he let me down. I have similar high expectations for Donaire. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen.

Yeah Viloria -- during his first few fights -- was pretty overrated around here, while Donaire (at the same stage of his career) was pretty underrated.
I think people here in the Philippines have learned from their experience with Viloria to not overrate athletes until they've gone the distance, so as to not repeat a "Viloria scenario" where the whole country was hyping about, only to lose and continue losing.

I think the problem with Viloria was focus. The fame and all went to his head. He acted like a celeb and forgot that in the boxing business you've gotta constantly think about the fights and not be distracted by the celeb lifestyle.
Famous boxers are not the same as famous actors. Actors don't have to fight nor do they have to worry about losing. They only have to act. Boxers however, gotta fight. I think Brian Viloria acted more like a famous actor than a famous boxer at the height of his career. He focused too much on the lights and cameras and completely lost it.
EAlbian
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 1 2011, 09:04 AM) *

I think Navrez is very good but he's just too limited to really be effective against Donaire. He doesn't carry a lot of power in his shots and he's not exceptionally fast, I dont see what he does to really bother Donaire. Navarez has good head movement but he keeps his hands too low and that is a mistake against Donaire who is as fast and as powerful as any fighter in any weight class. I see Navrez trying to throw that lead left he likes and getting caught with a serious right hook. This is a good fight in terms of a tough challenge @112 but c'mon Donaire should be fighting @122 against a Rafael Marquez or even Arce.

On another note I'd love to see Arce vs Marquez in a bout of underrated Mexican warriors from this past era
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.