Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No More Sig Bets?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
King Eugene
We have three HUGE fights coming up with May/Ortiz, Pac/JMM, and Cotto/Margariot II and not one person has even spoken of a sig bet. I know CEO was the KING of running these things but they where fun and kept the boards live. Anybody up for some sig bets.

Cotto Vs. Margarito
Kyle Thee Spinks Fan (Margarito) vs. Gravytrain (Cotto)
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 31 2011, 04:36 PM) *
We have three HUGE fights coming up with May/Ortiz, Pac/JMM, and Cotto/Margariot II and not one person has even spoken of a sig bet. I know CEO was the KING of running these things but they where fun and kept the boards live. Anybody up for some sig bets.

Have to be some serious odds on the first 2.
Romulus9
There will be plenty of sig bets for Pacquiao/Marquez III. Plenty. No odds.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 31 2011, 06:32 PM) *
There will be plenty of sig bets for Pacquiao/Marquez III. Plenty. No odds.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

JMM fans will be giving odds drag.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm definitely down to do one for Margarito-Cotto 2. You already know who I'm picking, so any Cotto backers can have at it.
gravytrain
i tried to sig bet in a fight thread but no one took the offer. Cotto v Margarito will be the best option for it. i've Cotto if anyone is man enough to step up.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got Margarito all day...Consider it done sir.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 31 2011, 07:38 PM) *
I'm definitely down to do one for Margarito-Cotto 2. You already know who I'm picking, so any Cotto backers can have at it.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 31 2011, 07:42 PM) *
i tried to sig bet in a fight thread but no one took the offer. Cotto v Margarito will be the best option for it. i've Cotto if anyone is man enough to step up.

Looks like we have ourselves a live one.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
It is a live one, and Margarito's gonna wreck Cotto again. Boxing is 80% mental, and Cotto ain't ready to see that face across the ring. After two rounds, he'll realize Margarito can still hurt him to the body, still back him up, and still take his best shot and keep moving forward. The doubt will creep in, and he'll realize plaster wraps didn't beat him in 2008. I'm already super hyped for this fight, and can't wait for it to happen. It's going to be a great fight again.
gravytrain
when Cotto gets done with Margachico he'll be landscaping for pennies.

Margarito got wrecked by Mosley, was suspended, fought a chump and then got tore up by Pac. there's no tuneup for the fight and Arum has wanted a rematch for Cotto and Pac for awhile. not only has Margarito fell off but he might be fighting the judges and ref too. and the fight is in the Garden, the whole crowd is going to be for Cotto.
King Eugene
Lets Get it On!

If anybody will take it I got Manny vs. JMM
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
The Margarito that showed up vs. Manny takes Cotto out even earlier. Cotto is nowhere near Manny's level, and he doesn't have the speed or stamina to keep that type of attack on Tony for 12 rounds. Margarito hurt Manny to the body in the 6th round, and he's going to do a lot worse to Cotto.

I'll give you this...If Margarito can't take a shot anymore, then Cotto wins this fight. However, Pac hit him with everything and he kept moving forward. It took 9 rounds of Mosley's best shots to get him out of there too. I think Tony can still take a shot and keep applying solid pressure. That style is all wrong for Cotto. Clottey, Margarito, and Mosley all put pressure on Cotto. All three times Cotto didn't look that hot. Many feel he lost the Clottey fight and he barley edge Mosley. Cotto can't keep Margarito off of him, and those body shots will drain all his stamina. He'll wear down and be stopped.

I actually think the rest can help Margarito. His body will be rested and he'll be 100% healthy. He'll log plenty of sparring and he'll be ready in December.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 1 2011, 01:10 AM) *
The Margarito that showed up vs. Manny takes Cotto out even earlier. Cotto is nowhere near Manny's level, and he doesn't have the speed or stamina to keep that type of attack on Tony for 12 rounds. Margarito hurt Manny to the body in the 6th round, and he's going to do a lot worse to Cotto.

I'll give you this...If Margarito can't take a shot anymore, then Cotto wins this fight. However, Pac hit him with everything and he kept moving forward. It took 9 rounds of Mosley's best shots to get him out of there too. I think Tony can still take a shot and keep applying solid pressure. That style is all wrong for Cotto. Clottey, Margarito, and Mosley all put pressure on Cotto. All three times Cotto didn't look that hot. Many feel he lost the Clottey fight and he barley edge Mosley. Cotto can't keep Margarito off of him, and those body shots will drain all his stamina. He'll wear down and be stopped.

I actually think the rest can help Margarito. His body will be rested and he'll be 100% healthy. He'll log plenty of sparring and he'll be ready in December.

He did, but thanks to the PR Day Parade weekend and the location of the fight...Clottey bit the dust as a result. That was a bad prerequisite bout for the Pacquiao fight, which took place 5 months later. As long as Margarito's eye holds up, then Cotto will more than likely come up short again. We all know that Cotto's face doesn't hold up too long during a fight, but the facial results wont be as bad as the first fight.
Method
I like Marg over Cotto. Same Way.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 1 2011, 01:10 AM) *

that Margarito isn't going to show up just like the Margarito that fought Mosley didn't show up to Garcia or Pac.

Cotto might have had a close fight with Mosley but he didn't get caught trying to use illegal wraps and dominated. Cotto isn't running from corner to corner anymore either. all he's been doing is hitting cats so hard they think their hand got broke. i see him keeping it in the middle of the ring and taking rounds with clean punches.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 1 2011, 12:04 AM) *
Lets Get it On!

that's a safe pick, King. lol
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 1 2011, 04:34 PM) *
that's a safe pick, King. lol

I'm trying to win here.

Nobody is up for taking any risk now days? laugh.gif
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 1 2011, 04:34 PM) *
Cotto might have had a close fight with Mosley but he didn't get caught trying to use illegal wraps and dominated. Cotto isn't running from corner to corner anymore either. all he's been doing is hitting cats so hard they think their hand got broke. i see him keeping it in the middle of the ring and taking rounds with clean punches.

Cotto fought Margarito after Mosley and who has he fought after Margarito that he didn't run from? I saw him run from Clottey and Pac at some point in those fights. He beat a Mayorga in the 12th round who hadn't beaten a live opponent since 2003. Cotto doesn't hit as hard as Pac and Margarito ate those punches and kept coming. This fight is all about if Cotto really has anything left or did Margarito eat his heart the first time around. I think both these guys are shells of themselves but Margarito had less to lose(not as skilled) so he's more capable of doing what he did the last time around. It's an interesting fight, but if i were Arum i would have fed Cotto to Mayweather instead. No downsides in that loss, he's still right where he was before and a lot richer and less chance that he's damaged for good. You can imagine all the upsides if he were to pull off the upset
EAlbian
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 1 2011, 06:45 PM) *
I'm trying to win here.

I'll take JMM if you take Ortiz
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 1 2011, 06:45 PM) *
I'm trying to win here.

i think it's 50/50, i just took Cotto because nobody else is going to. and i'm going to be talking trash until the fight is over.

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 1 2011, 07:13 PM) *
Cotto fought Margarito after Mosley and who has he fought after Margarito that he didn't run from? I saw him run from Clottey and Pac at some point in those fights. He beat a Mayorga in the 12th round who hadn't beaten a live opponent since 2003. Cotto doesn't hit as hard as Pac and Margarito ate those punches and kept coming. This fight is all about if Cotto really has anything left or did Margarito eat his heart the first time around. I think both these guys are shells of themselves but Margarito had less to lose(not as skilled) so he's more capable of doing what he did the last time around. It's an interesting fight, but if i were Arum i would have fed Cotto to Mayweather instead. No downsides in that loss, he's still right where he was before and a lot richer and less chance that he's damaged for good. You can imagine all the upsides if he were to pull off the upset

Cotto never runs, he's catching his breath and giving his opponent a break. if he didn't coast he would get arrested for child abuse because he whoops dudes like he's their daddy. the only thing Margarito eats are fists and oranges he picks.

King Eugene
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 1 2011, 07:13 PM) *
I'll take JMM if you take Ortiz

I was born at night but not last night.
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 1 2011, 07:59 PM) *
i think it's 50/50, i just took Cotto because nobody else is going to. and i'm going to be talking trash until the fight is over.

I'm actually picking Cotto myself. He seems to have new life. Manny took about 5 years off of Margarioto's career in that last fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 1 2011, 09:08 PM) *
I'm actually picking Cotto myself. He seems to have new life. Manny took about 5 years off of Margarioto's career in that last fight.

You aint lyin'! That's why I mentioned Margarito winning, if his eye holds up. For some reason, I feel that this is going to be an issue that adds drama to the fight.
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 1 2011, 07:59 PM) *
Cotto never runs, he's catching his breath and giving his opponent a break. if he didn't coast he would get arrested for child abuse because he whoops dudes like he's their daddy. the only thing Margarito eats are fists and oranges he picks.

haha, whoops punks like Yuri Foreman and scrub king Mayorga... oh yea and the tough as nails Micheal Jennings. He has yet to win a meaningful fight since Margarito raped him like a 12 year old girl on the streets of Tijuana. The Clottey fight was anything other than decisive and had my hate not been so strong for Clottey I would have scored the fight a draw. I'm a Cotto fan but Arum has done the kid no favors in his career
Big Slim Sweet
What's up with the catchweight Cotto supposedly asked for? Is that still an issue? Definitely indicates Cotto has some trepidation about this fight.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 1 2011, 10:51 PM) *
What's up with the catchweight Cotto supposedly asked for? Is that still an issue? Definitely indicates Cotto has some trepidation about this fight.

they agreed to 153, Margaritos camp is laughing all the way to the bank on this one
Big Slim Sweet
153? One pound? Are you kidding?
EAlbian
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 1 2011, 11:07 PM) *

not ridiculous at all...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 1 2011, 11:07 PM) *

Same thing I was thinkin'. Why make a big fuss about a catchweight, just to decide on a weight that's one pound under the Jr. Welterweight limit. Either Cotto has some doubts about making the weight, or he's messing with Margarito's head.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:21 PM) *
Same thing I was thinkin'. Why make a big fuss about a catchweight, just to decide on a weight that's one pound under the Jr. Welterweight limit. Either Cotto has some doubts about making the weight, or he's messing with Margarito's head.

i dont think anyone is messing with Margaritos head, he's a dirty Tijuana sewer rat. Cotto has always been shaken of this fight and i don't think anything has changed. Cotto won't know if he can do this until after the first round. sometimes when you're in a sport that requires you to rely solely on yourself you don't know that you can actually win until you're already in it. I thought I was going to get murdered in my first state championship match but once i realized it was just another scared kid chasing the same thing I was after things changed. Not even close to the same level but there is a correlation of primal fear
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 1 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Lets Get it On!

I believe Angelo Dundee will take some of that action.
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 1 2011, 11:51 PM) *
i dont think anyone is messing with Margaritos head, he's a dirty Tijuana sewer rat. Cotto has always been shaken of this fight and i don't think anything has changed. Cotto won't know if he can do this until after the first round. sometimes when you're in a sport that requires you to rely solely on yourself you don't know that you can actually win until you're already in it. I thought I was going to get murdered in my first state championship match but once i realized it was just another scared kid chasing the same thing I was after things changed. Not even close to the same level but there is a correlation of primal fear

I definitely feel you on this, especially when it comes to relying on yourself. In this case, Cotto knows what he is up against, but to go in there and make the same mistakes is beyond me. Just knowing that Margarito felt that he needed to use that plaster to beat him, should give him a clear indication that Margarito also had doubts going into the fight. Margarito did land all of those shots (plaster or not), so the only adjustment Cotto should feel the need to make is, avoiding some of those shots...especially those unnecessary ones that he took in the first half when he was supposedly "dominate". Great post and real-life example. How long have you been at it?
gravytrain
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 1 2011, 10:35 PM) *
haha, whoops punks like Yuri Foreman and scrub king Mayorga... oh yea and the tough as nails Micheal Jennings. He has yet to win a meaningful fight since Margarito raped him like a 12 year old girl on the streets of Tijuana. The Clottey fight was anything other than decisive and had my hate not been so strong for Clottey I would have scored the fight a draw. I'm a Cotto fan but Arum has done the kid no favors in his career

Cotto is Los Zetas and Margarito is a Mexican cop. what meaningful fights has Margarito won since that fight? the best thing that's happened since his win over Cotto is him getting banned and having to take a layoff because of a guy the size of his wife.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 1 2011, 09:08 PM) *

i think people are overlooking some things. people did the same shit with Margaburrito before the Pac fight though.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 2 2011, 12:04 AM) *
I definitely feel you on this, especially when it comes to relying on yourself. In this case, Cotto knows what he is up against, but to go in there and make the same mistakes is beyond me. Just knowing that Margarito felt that he needed to use that plaster to beat him, should give him a clear indication that Margarito also had doubts going into the fight. Margarito did land all of those shots (plaster or not), so the only adjustment Cotto should feel the need to make is, avoiding some of those shots...especially those unnecessary ones that he took in the first half when he was supposedly "dominate". Great post and real-life example. How long have you been at it?

Well Margarito using plaster in the Cotto fight is still kinda up for debate, another thing that elevates this fight, but I definitely think Margs had doubts going into the Mosley fight. He seemed willing to engage Pac so that leads me to believe he will engage Cotto.

I've been wrestling since i was 9 so about 15 years, i now coach a team, which in many ways is more fulfilling than actually competing. I roll around with a couple Jujitsu guys at my gym but as far as competing in grappling I'm retired, maybe a return in an open tournament with a couple of my kids if they can bring home a team title this year(we took 2nd last year with two returning finalist and will be a favorite this year). I'm taking a run at the Chicago Golden Gloves this year though
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 2 2011, 12:15 AM) *
Cotto is Los Zetas and Margarito is a Mexican cop. what meaningful fights has Margarito won since that fight? the best thing that's happened since his win over Cotto is him getting banned and having to take a layoff because of a guy the size of his wife.

i think people are overlooking some things. people did the same shit with Margaburrito before the Pac fight though.

Haha, touche

You may be correct
Method
I got Margs ALL DAY, just like I did the first go-round,and I'll have my money on him all day too, especially at the current odds, just like I did last time around.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 2 2011, 10:58 PM) *
I got Margs ALL DAY, just like I did the first go-round,and I'll have my money on him all day too, especially at the current odds, just like I did last time around.

I agree, you can argue the loaded gloves all day long but what everybody seems to be forgetting that is that Margarito walked through Cotto's shots, smiling, all night long. If anything were to haunt Cotto I would imagine it to be that. What happens when he tags Tony in the first round or two and Tony just smiles and keeps on coming?

Margarito is a recurring nightmare for Cotto and if anything I think Margarito could end it earlier than last time.
Eighty88Eight
margarito in another violent beat down.

Manny humiliates Marquez, wins by tko. Mayweather toughs out early rounds against Ortiz, dominates him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 2 2011, 07:40 AM) *
I agree, you can argue the loaded gloves all day long but what everybody seems to be forgetting that is that Margarito walked through Cotto's shots, smiling, all night long. If anything were to haunt Cotto I would imagine it to be that. What happens when he tags Tony in the first round or two and Tony just smiles and keeps on coming?

Margarito is a recurring nightmare for Cotto and if anything I think Margarito could end it earlier than last time.

I stated the same thing earlier! Whether his gloves were loaded or not, he still landed all of those punches on Cotto.
Eighty88Eight
Marg hits fucking hard, plaster or no plaster. Cotto is trying to get every competitive advantage he can because he knows the fight is going to be more or less the same shit.
Cshel86
What about the JMM/Pac fight? Is anybody giving JMM a chance?
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 2 2011, 07:40 AM) *

all Margarito does is take shots to the face and smile. if you like mullets and dudes that lose to Miguel Cotto in a rematch be sure to give him a call. his plaster coated fist will be a nightmare for you too, he wants to hit you somewhere else though.

Cotto is going to crush Margarita.
sduck
Well I think it looks pretty obvious, especially at the end of the fight that Margarito had loaded gloves lmao. Margarito was just tapping him in the face and Cotto was like wtf.

Cotto will probably win this one. Both damaged fighters. Margarito is more damaged with no tune-up fights. That's all speculation though.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOO! The hype is gettin going on this one. Seems like half the board is for Cotto and the other half is for Margarito. That will make for some good discussion leading up to the fight.

In the 2nd round, Margarito hit Cotto with a body shot that moved him back in the ropes. Margarito did a lot of damage to the body in that fight, which wore Cotto down. Cotto getting stopped wasn't a matter of him getting hit in the head too much, he simply wore down from the pressure. Cotto has never dealt with pressure well, and he isn't mentally ready to see Margarito again. Hell, even Mayorga had his moments against Cotto. The fact that Cotto is screwing with weight games shows that he's mentally not ready. Did he piss and moan for a catch-weight against Yuri Foreman? He came in right at 154 for Mayorga. 154 is not an issue for him, since he's already had two fights at that weight. Cotto wouldn't be playing these games if he was 100% sure loaded handwraps beat him.

Margarito has a better chance of getting a rematch with Pacquiao than Cotto does.
rusty_trombone
I have a long and storied history of riding margarita sucking ass to sig bet victories. I believe one against eugene(naked tebow) and some other one for Kyle slinks fan(I don't even remember the shit I posted). I know I haven't posted, but I again will ride margarita being a bitch to victory. Who wants a sig bet?

torvix3000
Lol! Margarita made Pacquiao bedridden for two days with only a few shots and with unloaded gloves. Maybe Cotto should learn how to gayhug and not allow Marg to unleash those powerful hands.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 2 2011, 11:06 PM) *
WOOO! The hype is gettin going on this one. Seems like half the board is for Cotto and the other half is for Margarito. That will make for some good discussion leading up to the fight.

In the 2nd round, Margarito hit Cotto with a body shot that moved him back in the ropes. Margarito did a lot of damage to the body in that fight, which wore Cotto down. Cotto getting stopped wasn't a matter of him getting hit in the head too much, he simply wore down from the pressure. Cotto has never dealt with pressure well, and he isn't mentally ready to see Margarito again. Hell, even Mayorga had his moments against Cotto. The fact that Cotto is screwing with weight games shows that he's mentally not ready. Did he piss and moan for a catch-weight against Yuri Foreman? He came in right at 154 for Mayorga. 154 is not an issue for him, since he's already had two fights at that weight. Cotto wouldn't be playing these games if he was 100% sure loaded handwraps beat him.

Margarito has a better chance of getting a rematch with Pacquiao than Cotto does.

nobody is rooting for Cotto lol. and if they're they aren't brave enough to put the sig on the line.

Cotto noticed how shitty Margaplasterico looked at 150. he just wants to beat him like he owes drug money before ending his career. 150 or 154, the only Puerto Rican Margaillegalwrapito can put his hands on is Ricky Martin. wait til the Gale Van Hoy of NY gets assigned to the fight. Cotto did better numbers, has been on a comeback, has loyal fans, PRs always get PPVs and he'll be easier for Pac to perform against. what does Margachico bring to the table? Arum doesn't need his lawn mowed. i hope there's a Williams v Lara robbery in the fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 3 2011, 05:43 PM) *
nobody is rooting for Cotto lol. and if they're they aren't brave enough to put the sig on the line.

Cotto noticed how shitty Margaplasterico looked at 150. he just wants to beat him like he owes drug money before ending his career. 150 or 154, the only Puerto Rican Margaillegalwrapito can put his hands on is Ricky Martin. wait til the Gale Van Hoy of NY gets assigned to the fight. Cotto did better numbers, has been on a comeback, has loyal fans, PRs always get PPVs and he'll be easier for Pac to perform against. what does Margachico bring to the table? Arum doesn't need his lawn mowed. i hope there's a Williams v Lara robbery in the fight.

This won't go to the cards. Cotto is going be flat on his back doing his goofy bleeding face.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 3 2011, 02:06 AM) *
This won't go to the cards. Cotto is going be flat on his back doing his goofy bleeding face.

the Home Depot hurricane couldn't even stretch Cotto in his prime. he wouldn't be able to this time even if he'd Panama Lewis in his corner and Resto's gloves on his illegal wraps.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 3 2011, 06:27 PM) *
the Home Depot hurricane couldn't even stretch Cotto in his prime. he wouldn't be able to this time even if he'd Panama Lewis in his corner and Resto's gloves on his illegal wraps.

Why? Coz Cotto's been looking so damn sturdy lately?
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 3 2011, 02:30 AM) *
Why? Coz Cotto's been looking so damn sturdy lately?

you just answered your question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.