Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sept. 17th Aftermath...Events That Will Take Place After Floyd Retires...Again
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I laugh at these fighters getting their panties in a bunch about who's gonna fight this clown next. Hell, we may not see Floyd for another 2 years or so, after the 17th...depending on how his bipolar disorder kicks in. There are several things that will occur why they wait to fight him, including:

1. Amere Con will have a head full of gray hair and be married with at least 5 children
2. Pacquiao will be the Vice President of the U.S.
3. A credible opponent still wont step up to Martinez
4. Somebody will actually know who Tweety Bird Tim Bradley is
5. Paul Williams will have talked RJJ into finally retiring, and promise him that he will carry the torch of getting his clock cleaned
6. Berto will actually be entertaining and fight top contenders
7. Barrera and Morales will be best friends
8. Hamed will return to boxing
9. Chavez Jr. will be better than his father
10. For some God-awful reason, a woman will stoop down to birthing a child with Floyd Sr. and he will raise him to replace Floyd Jr. and have that "fantasy father/son" relationship.

In other words people, enjoy Sept. 17th as much as possible, and dont hold your breath afterwards...

*Please state all sarcastic events below. Any takers?
mgrover
8. Hamed will return to boxing

yeah am not sure about this one lol
Crafty
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 1 2011, 02:30 PM) *
6. Berto will actually be entertaining and fight top contenders

The opposite of this.
Cshel86
This is a thread intended for pure sarcasm...notice, none of the things that I stated in the initial post have truth to them.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 1 2011, 02:30 PM) *
4. Somebody will actually know who Tweety Bird Tim Bradley is

LMAO @ this shit. Personally, I think (well, hope) Floyd will get 1 more fight in after Sept. 17th before he retires again. The thing that would amaze me, though, is... What if his next opponent were a toss-up between Pacquiao or Martinez? Wishful thinkin', I know.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 1 2011, 03:29 PM) *
LMAO @ this shit. Personally, I think (well, hope) Floyd will get 1 more fight in after Sept. 17th before he retires again. The thing that would amaze me, though, is... What if his next opponent were a toss-up between Pacquiao or Martinez? Wishful thinkin', I know.

I would say Pacman. He don't really need to fight anyone else at this point if he gets by Ortiz. Martinez is a middleweight while Pacman fights at Welterweight. I don't think he retires without fighting Pacman. They have really been pushing the Khan fight for late next year so I'm confused on whether that would be a backup plan for Floyd if the Pacman fight didn't pan out or if he would fight them both next year. I'm also curious to see if he would fight Khan after he fought Pacman because a Pcman could warrant a sequel or even trilogy at that point with both fighters nearly done. We will see.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 1 2011, 04:29 PM) *

I believe that crossed everybody's mind last May, and when it all boiled down to it...Mayweather's next opponenets were none of our top 5 picks by far. His next few fights were against civilians who had no common knowledge of the sport, and for that...we never know what to expect.
Cshel86
By the time he decides to fight again after the 17th....
1. Emmanuel Steward will have learned not to make up words while commentating bouts
2. Chad Dawson will be an all-out slugger
3. Mosley wont be so nice by showing an usual amount of concern for his opponents, by way of touching gloves after every break.
4. Kenny Bayless will be the calmest ref to ever step in the ring
5. Holyfield will still be looking for that "big fight"
6. Alexander will still be fighting "Redemption" bouts
Allmenjoi8
2Pac and Biggie will join the Watch the Throne tour and my President will slap the shit out of John Boehner and grow a pair in the mean time.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 1 2011, 07:39 PM) *
2Pac and Biggie will join the Watch the Throne tour and my President will slap the shit out of John Boehner and grow a pair in the mean time.

Hahahaha!!! If Pac and Biggie are coming back into the picture, then Floyd may be gone for another long while. Dang Allmenjoi8, though you are pretty fond of Floyd, it's good to see that some people can still have fun on this board!
Cshel86
1. Maybe Holyfield will finally reveal to the world that Devon Alexander IS his son
2. Max Kellerman will actually get mad enough to fight an HBO staff member who pronounces Katsidis' name wrong
3. Bob Papa will realize how boring he is and get his shit together
4. Kermit Cintron will finally be understood for once
5. Gus Johnson will stop wearing lipstick
6. Paul Williams will become an interpreter on HBO
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 1 2011, 04:29 PM) *

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 1 2011, 05:24 PM) *
I would say Pacman. He don't really need to fight anyone else at this point if he gets by Ortiz. Martinez is a middleweight while Pacman fights at Welterweight. I don't think he retires without fighting Pacman. They have really been pushing the Khan fight for late next year so I'm confused on whether that would be a backup plan for Floyd if the Pacman fight didn't pan out or if he would fight them both next year. I'm also curious to see if he would fight Khan after he fought Pacman because a Pcman could warrant a sequel or even trilogy at that point with both fighters nearly done. We will see.

These are interesting points (that have been beat to death), but this isn't the thread for it.
BoxingFan86
1. Mike Tyson will be fed up with pigeons, but become sparrin' partners with a lion.
2. Pernell Whitaker will reveal that he is Floyd's 19939374468383883363rd uncle.
3. Roger Mayweather will be a Literature Professor at Yale.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 1 2011, 10:26 PM) *
1. Mike Tyson will be fed up with pigeons, but become sparrin' partners with a lion.
2. Pernell Whitaker will reveal that he is Floyd's 19939374468383883363rd uncle.
3. Roger Mayweather will be a Literature Professor at Yale.

laugh.gif For some reason, I dont see this being so far-fetched. Tyson wasn't a dumb person by any measure, but he did find ways to legitimize his insanity.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 1 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Hahahaha!!! If Pac and Biggie are coming back into the picture, then Floyd may be gone for another long while. Dang Allmenjoi8, though you are pretty fond of Floyd, it's good to see that some people can still have fun on this board!

I have more, I am actually a very funny person.

1. The Kiltchko brothers will marry each other
2. David Haye will become a male model
3. Oscar Del La Hoya will write a book on how to beat Mayweather
4. Mayweather will retire and become a monk and take the vow of silence
5. Pacman will fight Chavez Sr.
6. Larry Merchent will work for Hallmark Greeting Cards
7. Dan Raefel will work for fight hype
8. Bob Arum will open up his books
9. Rosseta Stone will have a language dedicated to Roger Mayweather
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:04 PM) *

Hahahahaha!!! Good ones! I dont think I will be buying moms one of those Larry Merchant Hallmark Greeting cards though! Lol!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:04 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.