Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:30PM(EST)/7:30(PST):Berto vs. Zavec-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post fight reactions to this fight.

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
Berto KO within 5 rds. He knows he needs to impress.

Russell Jr. by dec. in one of his toughest fights to date.
JONdaCON817
You been hiding in the MMA Forum Bazooka?! Berto is gonna come out on fire... unless hes been damaged mentally. Zavec would be the guy to expose that.
BoxingStill#1
Not near a cpu or TV... update?
gravytrain
the first round just ended. i think Berto took it, he landed more shots.
gravytrain
2nd round is a little hard to score. Berto throws more but they land on Zavec's guard. could go either way.
gravytrain
this ref might be biased. Berto was laying on Zavec and the ref didn't really do anything. Zavec puts him on the ropes and the ref seperated because Berto was holding him behind the head.

i give round 3 to Zavec, i think he landed more clean shots.
Nay_Sayer
Berto looks to be getting gassed.
Nay_Sayer
I've never seen this Zavek cat before but one thing is for sure, he didn't come to lay down. Giving Berto all he can handle...
Nay_Sayer
NASTY cut over Zavek's right eye. This fight is gonna get stopped.
Nay_Sayer
I'm calling it right now, Berto's career is over.
gravytrain
Zavec's corner ended the fight because of a swollen eye. it looked bad but i think they could have let it go on.

gravytrain
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2011, 11:53 PM) *
I'm calling it right now, Berto's career is over.

HBO was on his dick all night. this cat is garbage. Zavec really wasn't looking too bad against him either for how basic he's. Berto caught a break with the ref letting him hold and lay on Zavec too.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Haven't seen it, but does this put Victor's come-from-the-deck victory in a bit more perspective now?
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 4 2011, 12:02 AM) *
Haven't seen it, but does this put Victor's come-from-the-deck victory in a bit more perspective now?

it's a good victory for him, he's a solid B level guy at 147. since he only has one fight there it's just hard to say whether he's B+ or B-. i think him winning was probably 50-60% him and 40-50% Berto.
Box in Hand
Good win for Berto but damn he hasn't fixed shit from his last fight. He still gets hit with the right too much and he squares his feet up as he lunges in. Ok, he got the IBF strap but he's gonna get KO'ed one day.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 3 2011, 06:59 PM) *
You been hiding in the MMA Forum Bazooka?! Berto is gonna come out on fire... unless hes been damaged mentally. Zavec would be the guy to expose that.

yea a lil bit my boy Anderson was tearing sh*t up last week.

But i'll say this i thought Berto was gonna look better he got a bit lucky cuz it did look like he was gassing and Zaveck was getting stronger.

I expected more from berto i agree with Box in hand he hasn't fixed sh*t ala PW.
Jack 1000
Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Jack
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 3 2011, 11:02 PM) *

No. If that Zaveck guy had a punch, Berto would have got KO'ed. He was eating right hands as if they were the main dish @ a $50 per person buffet...
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 4 2011, 05:47 AM) *
Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Jack

you didn't, i should have just caught the replay. they were talking about Russel like he's already cleaned out the division but i really only see hand speed with him, they hyped Berto up a lot too. my favorite part of the telecast was Kellerman airing out Haymon fighters.
sduck
Berto looked better in this fight then he did against Ortiz. I only see Berto getting KO'd in the future based off exhaustion.
EAlbian
I don't understand why Berto fights the way he does. He sqaures up and lands shots but refuses to move his head and duck punches. He either needs to step out, he would have murdered Zavek had he stayed on the outside on his backfoot, or move his head. He needs to get rid of Morgan in his corner, the guy cant get through to him. Put Mayweather Sr/Naz/Manny Steward in his corner and he could really be something. He has all the elements, he just needs to learn how to use them effectively.
gravytrain
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 4 2011, 04:11 PM) *
I don't understand why Berto fights the way he does. He sqaures up and lands shots but refuses to move his head and duck punches. He either needs to step out, he would have murdered Zavek had he stayed on the outside on his backfoot, or move his head. He needs to get rid of Morgan in his corner, the guy cant get through to him. Put Mayweather Sr/Naz/Manny Steward in his corner and he could really be something. He has all the elements, he just needs to learn how to use them effectively.

i think it's because he's had it easy. he can get away with it with the opposition he usually faces and he hasn't been tested enough to say to himself "i need to make a change". i haven't seen any real progression with him over the years, i think he actually might look worse than he used to.
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 4 2011, 04:12 PM) *
i think it's because he's had it easy. he can get away with it with the opposition he usually faces and he hasn't been tested enough to say to himself "i need to make a change". i haven't seen any real progression with him over the years, i think he actually might look worse than he used to.

yea i agree. He seems like he's too top heavy, he looks like he's about to topple over sometimes. He needs to get rid of Morgan, how can he not see that he needs to move his head. This shit baffles me
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 4 2011, 05:12 PM) *

+1
You said it better than I could say it. <Paul Williams voice>
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 4 2011, 08:56 PM) *
+1
You said it better than I could say it. <Paul Williams voice>

that's the way the cookie crumbles. know what i'm sayin?
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 4 2011, 10:21 PM) *
that's the way the cookie crumbles. know what i'm sayin?

Hahahaha!!!
My new "+1" gif...
duwdu
Berto hasn't improved, very poor defense. I wonder why he's in the habit of wrapping his two arms around the outside of his opponent's shoulders, no matter how tight, and thinks that would hold his opponent back? As a result, he eats a lot of upper cuts. Very annoying "defensive" posture.

Otherwise, he's a guy some would consider an exiting fighter, as he throws and invites/eats a lot of hard punches. His ratio of landed:thrown punches is also very low for a champion, even at B-level.

P34c3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.