Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juanma, Gamboa, Salido and many more
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
I am watching Juanma vs Salido, and it has me thinking about all the possible match-ups @ 126! I remember watching the fight and thinking how slow Juanma looked that night! I really like Juanma but it seems his chin was exposed! I just wonder what he will look like when he comes back...the way I understand it Salido doesn't want a rematch right away but while Juanma is dangerous, I just don't think Salido has much to worry about based on the last fight! I also thinking it's funny how Gamboa is being totally dissed by all the ABC's of the world! For only 1 body to have him ranked is crazy after beating Salido fairly easily! Arum messed up not getting Gamboa/Juanma done but one thing that is since now either guy has a belt, maybe it is still a possible fight!

I hate Chris John won't be coming over here to fight but I see some really good match ups @ 126! I mean even a guy like Russel could make a splash in the division! It isn't a secret that I am a big Gamboa fan but I wanna see these guys all box off round robin style! While I think Gamboa would be a favorite, I think the fact that he is so raw, that he could possibly be exposed by a guy like Russel or John but you just never know how styles will clash once the leather starts flying! Who do you think would win a tourney between all the guys @ 126?

On a side note, I really wanna see more of Russel & I am not sure Al Haymon is doing him any favors by getting him 8 round fights when he should be fight 10 rounders so he can get a title shot! Thoughts?

caneman
Oh yea, unless making 126 is killing Juanma, I think he should forget about 130 based on the Salido fight as many of those guys hit even harder! Or am I tripping?
bosco
I watched Russell last night and was really unimpressed. While he has good hand speed he just doesn't have the power or that extra gear to face the big dogs of the division. He should have gotten that guy out of there last night and let that guy build some confidence as the fight went on. I don't think Russell is very conditioned and would get walked down by the elite.
caneman
QUOTE (bosco @ Sep 4 2011, 01:57 PM) *
I watched Russell last night and was really unimpressed. While he has good hand speed he just doesn't have the power or that extra gear to face the big dogs of the division. He should have gotten that guy out of there last night and let that guy build some confidence as the fight went on. I don't think Russell is very conditioned and would get walked down by the elite.

Who do you think would win if they all boxed off?
Cshel86
Man I watched Jaunma/Salido again about a week ago, and Juanma got his "paper stapled" in that bout. Wooo! Saildo was on a mission! Salido caught Gamboa a couple of times, but Gamboa dug deep and got him out of there. I believe that Arum would put Gamboa in there with Gary Russell before he puts him in there with Broner. Broner may never get his shot because he probably looks like another Floyd, in the eyes of Arum laugh.gif Seriously, Russell has crazy discipline, but he needs a few more fights before he gets in there with Juanma, Gamboa, or Salido (in my opinion).

Maybe it's time for Juanma to move up because he gets too damn fat in between fights and kills himself to make weight. Of course Salido has nothing to worry about, he already has the mental advantage over Juanma, he just needs to verbally penetrate Juanma's brain and make him continue to doubt himself, so the physical part will be a cakewalk. The fact remains unclear if Arum messed up by not making Lopez/Gamboa happen, because you have to blame that on the Bradley/Alexander fight with two undefeated rising stars (or lack there of), stinking it up big time.
bosco
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 4 2011, 02:13 PM) *
Who do you think would win if they all boxed off?

Gamboa wins a box-off...If I rated them it would be

1. Gamboa
2. Salido
3. Lopez
4. Russell Jr

Russell has that Chad Dawson demeanor about his self.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (bosco @ Sep 4 2011, 01:57 PM) *

i agree with you 110%... i must say i hadnt seen very much of russell but i was not at all impressed last night... russell is still very very green and needs to take some better steps up in comp if he even remotely wants to have a chance at legit gold... he is in a division with some real sharks...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 4 2011, 01:02 PM) *
I am watching Juanma vs Salido, and it has me thinking about all the possible match-ups @ 126! I remember watching the fight and thinking how slow Juanma looked that night! I really like Juanma but it seems his chin was exposed! I just wonder what he will look like when he comes back...the way I understand it Salido doesn't want a rematch right away but while Juanma is dangerous, I just don't think Salido has much to worry about based on the last fight! I also thinking it's funny how Gamboa is being totally dissed by all the ABC's of the world! For only 1 body to have him ranked is crazy after beating Salido fairly easily! Arum messed up not getting Gamboa/Juanma done but one thing that is since now either guy has a belt, maybe it is still a possible fight!

I hate Chris John won't be coming over here to fight but I see some really good match ups @ 126! I mean even a guy like Russel could make a splash in the division! It isn't a secret that I am a big Gamboa fan but I wanna see these guys all box off round robin style! While I think Gamboa would be a favorite, I think the fact that he is so raw, that he could possibly be exposed by a guy like Russel or John but you just never know how styles will clash once the leather starts flying! Who do you think would win a tourney between all the guys @ 126?

On a side note, I really wanna see more of Russel & I am not sure Al Haymon is doing him any favors by getting him 8 round fights when he should be fight 10 rounders so he can get a title shot! Thoughts?

just my thought on russell but a title shot shouldnt even be in the same sentence with the kid right now.. i know some disagree and think hes ready but i think a fighter like gamboa would wreck him right now... that kid is very very green... he needs to up his class of opponent and like you say get into some 10 rounders and then maybe some regional titles that are scheduled for 12 before even thinking bout the elite of the divsion... he is not ready yet...
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 4 2011, 08:37 PM) *
just my thought on russell but a title shot shouldnt even be in the same sentence with the kid right now.. i know some disagree and think hes ready but i think a fighter like gamboa would wreck him right now... that kid is very very green... he needs to up his class of opponent and like you say get into some 10 rounders and then maybe some regional titles that are scheduled for 12 before even thinking bout the elite of the divsion... he is not ready yet...

Yea my point was that he has 17 fights and Gamboa only has 20 and the kid should be further along IMO!
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 4 2011, 10:15 PM) *
Yea my point was that he has 17 fights and Gamboa only has 20 and the kid should be further along IMO!

i think if Arum didn't try to build up Gamboa vs Lopez or whatever the hell he's doing Gamboa would have a real solid resume for how many fights he's had. Russel isn't going to be seeing anything like that. i'm going to call it and say this cat will end up getting the Berto treatment from Haymon. it's not like he isn't already.
kidbazooka1
I thikn we can add Mikey Garcia to the list aswell i see him as one of the top 126-130lber's in the next two to three years.
Cshel86
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 5 2011, 12:27 AM) *
I thikn we can add Mikey Garcia to the list aswell i see him as one of the top 126-130lber's in the next two to three years.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.