Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oscar DLH.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Allmenjoi8
When Serena Williams retires from tennis the last thing I want to hear her say is "When ______ beat me in the French Open I was done. I was a shot tennis player" That is the worse cop out in the world for any athlete to do. And I would probably lose respect for her and think twice about naming one of my racquets after her.

Oscar went on 24/7 listed all the guys that May beat and discredit his victories which is fine, everyone else does. What I did not like is, when he mentioned himself, he said he was "Done." Why would you fight someone knowing that you do not have the tools to win? You are making an excuse to why you lost. If you were done, then you should of never fought again. If he was done against May then what was he with Pac? Dead? I understand that Oscar dislikes May, I understand they have an odd relationship. Oscar is getting a pass from the media and boxing community because he has a nice smile, fake persona, and a cute face. Its BS. If he was done, he should of never stepped in the ring, never. So Oscar has lost all my respect. If I remember correctly Oscar picked Hatton to win... thumbsdown_anim.gif
Hittman25
It all about that dollar dollar bill yall......i hate it but its true
Seek
I think it was low of him to discredit Mayweathers opponents and especially including himself in that equation but I think his intent was only to give Ortiz a mental boost.

C'mon DLH you chose the weight, gloves and ring size. C'mon man c'mon
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 5 2011, 02:05 PM) *
I think it was low of him to discredit Mayweathers opponents and especially including himself in that equation but I think his intent was only to give Ortiz a mental boost.

C'mon DLH you chose the weight, gloves and ring size. C'mon man c'mon

Guess Oscar forgot about that part, or should we blame it on the coke? He requested all of these terms, and still lost the fight. In my opinion, Oscar has a highly coveted career, but he ALWAYS seemed to have doubted himself and his skills. He used Floyd Sr. to help increase his speed and boxing, which wasn't a bad move at all...or maybe he did it fight more like Jr., who knows. Everytime he fought a fast fighter, he always wore those short ass trunks and those light weight shoes to maintain speed (or lack there of). He used Nacho (Marquez's trainer) to help him with the Pacquiao fight. He used Mosley numerous times in camp to emulate fast fighters. He used Freddie Roach because he thought that he had the plan to beat Mayweather. Sounds like a guy that used his resources wisely, but after he counted himself out in the Mayweather fight while talking to Ortiz on 24/7, it made him look like a big time loser and it discredited a lot of what he did in his career.
gravytrain
DLH gets paid whether he's in his prime or not, they were money fights. fighters have done it for over 90 years.
JONdaCON817
yeaa that was some Hoe ass shyt.... DLH lost madd cool points. cross-dressing, coke snorting bastard.. he juss got his ass whooped and hasnt been able to live with himself, hence the DOPE. drag.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 5 2011, 02:53 PM) *
yeaa that was some Hoe ass shyt.... DLH lost madd cool points. cross-dressing, coke snorting bastard.. he juss got his ass whooped and hasnt been able to live with himself, hence the DOPE. drag.gif

+1
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 5 2011, 12:26 PM) *
When Serena Williams retires from tennis the last thing I want to hear her say is "When ______ beat me in the French Open I was done. I was a shot tennis player" That is the worse cop out in the world for any athlete to do. And I would probably lose respect for her and think twice about naming one of my racquets after her.

Oscar went on Pierce Morgan listed all the guys that May beat and discredit his victories which is fine, everyone else does. What I did not like is, when he mentioned himself, he said he was "Done." Why would you fight someone knowing that you do not have the tools to win? You are making an excuse to why you lost. If you were done, then you should of never fought again. If he was done against May then what was he with Pac? Dead? I understand that Oscar dislikes May, I understand they have an odd relationship. Oscar is getting a pass from the media and boxing community because he has a nice smile, fake persona, and a cute face. Its BS. If he was done, he should of never stepped in the ring, never. So Oscar has lost all my respect. If I remember correctly Oscar picked Hatton to win... thumbsdown_anim.gif

EnjoyMen you've done it again!!!...... fuck.gif
Method
DLH had no "cool points" to lose.

That said, he did have a foot out the door by the time he got to Mayweather. I dunno. DLH made a good account of himself vs May. Who cares.

So Joi you have now added Oscar to your no respect list along side of Rick Ross.

Interesting.
streetlion1
I think when DLH said he was done...he meant it as he was past it....which he was but still gave Mayweather a solid fight for at least half of it. He was right on point with what else he said though.

DLH regardless of what kind of personal problems he got into or what he says doesnt take away from the fact that he was the best Welterweight of the 90's...a hall of famer....and even when "past it" gave us some good fights. All he was doing is trying to motivate his fighter and also pointing out the fact that Ortiz is the youngest, strongest, fastest, and hungriest fighter Mayweather has faced.
sduck
Man... Oscar is just trying to help motivate Ortiz and help sell the fight. By discrediting Floyd's recent victories, it adds fuel to the fire. Might also play some mental games with Floyd, as Floyd did have a negative response to it.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Man, yall read into this 24/7 shit way too much. Oscar was simply trying to boost Ortiz's confidence, and let him know that he's the youngest hungriest fighter Mayweather has fought in years. That is true by the way. What should Oscar say to Ortiz? "Yea, I was on my game, but Mayweather just too good". Cmon, he isn't going to say that to Ortiz. Oscar did well against Floyd, and I'm sure he knows a couple things that can give him problems. 24/7 is all a show to drum up interest in the fight. I wouldn't read too much into what anybody is saying. Both will be ready come fight night, and the best man will win. I tend to think Ortiz will stop him early, as Mayweather has fought two fights in four years.
Method
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 5 2011, 03:13 PM) *
I think when DLH said he was done...he meant it as he was past it....which he was but still gave Mayweather a solid fight for at least half of it. He was right on point with what else he said though.

DLH regardless of what kind of personal problems he got into or what he says doesnt take away from the fact that he was the best Welterweight of the 90's...a hall of famer....and even when "past it" gave us some good fights. All he was doing is trying to motivate his fighter and also pointing out the fact that Ortiz is the youngest, strongest, fastest, and hungriest fighter Mayweather has faced.

Agreed.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 03:26 AM) *
Why would you fight someone knowing that you do not have the tools to win? You are making an excuse to why you lost. If you were done, then you should of never fought again.

I can think of 100 million reasons he fought those guys. Guys with money always want more end of.
caneman
It's getting funny to me around here, it's like only FMJ can talk shit and DLH was on his way out only lost by SD! Not this total ass whopping some are saying! lol! Too funny!
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 5 2011, 06:47 PM) *
I can think of 100 million reasons he fought those guys. Guys with money always want more end of.

as opposed to guys with little or no money? rolleyes_anim.gif

I think those were good wins for Floyd, outside of Marquez, which was like a Klitschko fight, but they weren't great wins and I think Ortiz is a better challenge than those guys were, except maybe Oscar. Still, the only guy likely to beat Floyd would be Manny.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 5 2011, 07:24 PM) *
It's getting funny to me around here, it's like only FMJ can talk shit and DLH was on his way out only lost by SD! Not this total ass whopping some are saying! lol! Too funny!

Should have been a UD, but you're right. Ben Thompson & Co. drank too much of that Floyd Mayweather Post-Fight Kool Aid. It wasn't easy. As Floyd was spinning the outcome, calling it "easy work", Larry Merchant should have reached out and squeezed his swollen eye.
caneman
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 5 2011, 09:33 PM) *
Should have been a UD, but you're right. Ben Thompson & Co. drank too much of that Floyd Mayweather Post-Fight Kool Aid. It wasn't easy. As Floyd was spinning the outcome, calling it "easy work", Larry Merchant should have reached out and squeezed his swollen eye.

I thought FMJ won but it wasn't what many say including FMJ! It's a joke!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 12:31 PM) *
as opposed to guys with little or no money? rolleyes_anim.gif

I'm saying DLH went out & took a couple of losses because he was getting PAID big money to do so. Would he have gone out for a couple of million & done the same thing? Of course not but when he can bank 10's of millions then why not?

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 12:33 PM) *
Larry Merchant should have reached out and squeezed his swollen eye.

If Larry did so he would become a bigger legend than he already is. I like the cantankerous old alky.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 05:26 AM) *

Oscar went on 24/7 listed all the guys that May beat and discredit his victories which is fine, everyone else does. What I did not like is, when he mentioned himself, he said he was "Done." Why would you fight someone knowing that you do not have the tools to win? You are making an excuse to why you lost. If you were done, then you should of never fought again. If he was done against May then what was he with Pac? Dead? I understand that Oscar dislikes May, I understand they have an odd relationship. Oscar is getting a pass from the media and boxing community because he has a nice smile, fake persona, and a cute face. Its BS. If he was done, he should of never stepped in the ring, never. So Oscar has lost all my respect. If I remember correctly Oscar picked Hatton to win... thumbsdown_anim.gif

C'mon AllMAN what's up with you? You should know that as long as it "makes money, it makes sense!"
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 5 2011, 10:45 PM) *
I thought FMJ won but it wasn't what many say including FMJ! It's a joke!

It was a close fight. It just sounded like an excuse that he lost. I love athletes that talk trash it brings something to the sport but to say the reason why this man beat me was because he was "done" I can't get behind that.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 5 2011, 10:53 PM) *
C'mon AllMAN what's up with you? You should know that as long as it "makes money, it makes sense!"

Money should not get in the way of pride and why you chose the sport of boxing or any sport. Borg (famous tennis player) quit tennis at the age of 25 because and I quote "I will not be second to anyone." How could you not appreciate that? I do not like the fact that he discredit himself, Oscar lost me...
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 5 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Man, yall read into this 24/7 shit way too much. Oscar was simply trying to boost Ortiz's confidence, and let him know that he's the youngest hungriest fighter Mayweather has fought in years. That is true by the way. What should Oscar say to Ortiz? "Yea, I was on my game, but Mayweather just too good". Cmon, he isn't going to say that to Ortiz. Oscar did well against Floyd, and I'm sure he knows a couple things that can give him problems. 24/7 is all a show to drum up interest in the fight. I wouldn't read too much into what anybody is saying. Both will be ready come fight night, and the best man will win. I tend to think Ortiz will stop him early, as Mayweather has fought two fights in four years.

wtf is this sensible, logical bullshit? you're in the wrong place, bruh.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 08:07 AM) *
It was a close fight. It just sounded like an excuse that he lost. I love athletes that talk trash it brings something to the sport but to say the reason why this man beat me was because he was "done" I can't get behind that.

Money should not get in the way of pride and why you chose the sport of boxing or any sport. Borg (famous tennis player) quit tennis at the age of 25 because and I quote "I will not be second to anyone." How could you not appreciate that? I do not like the fact that he discredit himself, Oscar lost me...

sounds like a sore fuckin loser to me
Method
Borg (famous tennis player) quit tennis at the age of 25 because and I quote "I will not be second to anyone." How could you not appreciate that?

Cuz its not really true (no surprise there). Bjorg wanted to focus on certain tournaments, but there was a movement in tennis at the time to make it a REQUIREMENT to play at LEAST 10 tournaments per year. He felt he was above that, having already done so much. He was fine, physically. He just didnt have the drive to play in all the other fruitless tourneys.
JONdaCON817
i think DLH WAS tryin to motivate Ortiz to some extant but the way he said it, it was leaned more towards discrediting Mayweather.. and its obvious hes juss being a lil Bitch and is a sore loser... i like how when he got to Mosley he was like.. "Mosley? Come on. Mosley?" like he wanted to talk shyt but had a quicc change of heart... lmao
Eighty88Eight
i thought de la hoya was gonna say "Mosley? come on. Mosley?..... he's black"
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 01:17 PM) *

Hahahaha!!! That shit would've overshadowed everything else that happened on that episode.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 12:17 PM) *

LMAO... nice bro!
gravytrain

how many times has Money let money get in the way of his pride as an athlete?
Method
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 01:17 PM) *

"Mosley? C'mon! He had to deal w Jin, mang!"
gravytrain
"Mosley? come on, Mosley? have you seen his girl's ass? that girl makes me want to bring the fishnets back, fuck training for the fight"
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 03:26 AM) *
When Serena Williams retires from tennis the last thing I want to hear her say is "When ______ beat me in the French Open I was done. I was a shot tennis player"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 10:07 PM) *

Were you once married to a guy named Reg? He was like Arthur Ashe but the man kept him down.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Were you once married to a guy named Reg? He was like Arthur Ashe but the man kept him down.

never been married, if Reg had skill and talent the man would not matter, on his wins.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 7 2011, 09:27 AM) *
never been married, if Reg had skill and talent the man would not matter, on his wins.

Don't worry Reg had talent no doubt about it. His problem was the man kept him down.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 07:45 PM) *
Don't worry Reg had talent no doubt about it. His problem was the man kept him down.

If he had talaent race would not matter. See Jack Johnson and then tell me different. Skills pay the bills and break molds...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 7 2011, 10:13 AM) *
If he had talaent race would not matter. See Jack Johnson and then tell me different. Skills pay the bills and break molds...

Are you crazy? The man kept Reg down. If he was still here you could ask him yourself. He would tell you straight up about the country club tournament he went to play & people kept asking him for towels & to bring them drinks.

Pushed the poor guy over the edge.
Eighty88Eight
"Mosley? Come on. Mosley? I mean... look at that nigga's nose"
Cshel86
This one's for 88...

Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 6 2011, 09:59 PM) *
This one's for 88...

i don't see anything...
Big Slim Sweet
"Mosley? Come on, Mosley? We talkin bout Mosley. Not Ortiz. Not Ortiz. We talkin bout Mosley. Not Ortiz. Not...Not...Not Victor Ortiz. Not the game you'll go out and die for...and fight every fight like it's your last. We talkin bout Mosley. That's just silly. I mean...Who are we talkin about? Mosley. Come on man. Mosley."
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 6 2011, 10:52 PM) *
"Mosley? Come on, Mosley? We talkin bout Mosley. Not Ortiz. Not Ortiz. We talkin bout Mosley. Not Ortiz. Not...Not...Not Victor Ortiz. Not the game you'll go out and die for...and fight every fight like it's your last. We talkin bout Mosley. That's just silly. I mean...Who are we talkin about? Mosley. Come on man. Mosley."

thumbsup_anim.gif thumbsup_anim.gif thumbsup_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 10:01 PM) *
i don't see anything...

I just updated it...computer was jacked up.

Eighty88Eight
hahaaaaa. love it. thank you. how did you do that?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 6 2011, 08:33 PM) *
Are you crazy? The man kept Reg down. If he was still here you could ask him yourself. He would tell you straight up about the country club tournament he went to play & people kept asking him for towels & to bring them drinks.

Pushed the poor guy over the edge.

The Williams Sisters never played in a country club but yet they made it. If he had talent he would have no issues with the "man."
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 6 2011, 11:42 PM) *
The Williams Sisters never played in a country club but yet they made it. If he had talent he would have no issues with the "man."

being asked for drinks and towels is gonna push you over the edge? you ain't ready for elite competition noways, right?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 11:16 PM) *
hahaaaaa. love it. thank you. how did you do that?

I just downloaded that clip from 24/7 and converted it...took a minute though. I noticed that he mentioned everybody except Mosley, and I always wondered what he would've said, if he did. Lol
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 5 2011, 02:58 PM) *
+1

laugh.gif

Check out the Watson kids craning their necks to stay on camera.
ks1
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 6 2011, 11:56 AM) *
Cuz its not really true (no surprise there). Bjorg wanted to focus on certain tournaments, but there was a movement in tennis at the time to make it a REQUIREMENT to play at LEAST 10 tournaments per year. He felt he was above that, having already done so much. He was fine, physically. He just didnt have the drive to play in all the other fruitless tourneys.

Also, I hear he really liked partying and coke.
Method
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 7 2011, 06:53 PM) *
I didn't watch the last 24/7, what's the running joke with "Mosley, come on Mosley?"?

Basically DLH was giving Ortiz a "night before the big test" big brother pep talk, and quickly mentioned, and then quickly talked down Mayweather's wins over 3-4 opponents, including himself. For whatever reason, he didnt mention May's win over Mosley. We we're just making a joke about it, adlibbing what he likely would have said.
Method
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 7 2011, 07:10 PM) *
Also, I hear he really liked partying and coke.

Can't really fault him there. Sounds like the dude was sort of a God in his country. Probably some good looking Swedish women.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.