Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquio Possible retirement 2012
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
ESPN reported that Manny Pacquio will retire if he is elected governor of his province in 2013 which means in 2012 he could fight 2 or 3 times. The question is, should Manny play it safe and still have the boxing world and casual fans praise and respect or should he take on all challengers? The possible two or three fights he could have would be 1. The Obvious 2. Berto/Ortiz 3. Canelo. Any thoughts about Pac retiring in 2013 if he is elected governor (which he will be). Wait if he loses his next fights would he still be loved by his people? Or would a loss hurt his chances at being governor... if so, does he still take the risky fights?
daprofessor
with recent revelations concerning his financial issues....i think this is just a ploy to get more money for his next few fights. it's the same strategy dlh and bhop used to generate more money. dlh eventually retired...but bhop is 6 yrs past his supposed promise to his mom on her death bed.
gravytrain
a loss wont hurt him, i don't see him going outside of TR unless it's for Mayweather though. we'll probably see Cotto/Margachico and Bradley if TR gets him. if Pac really has a limited number of fights left Arum isn't doing business with anyone, especially not GBP.
CDeezFoo
Manny is a bum...his skills are dimensioning because he stopped juicing...Bob, Manny and Freddie used the illusion of fighting Mayweather to keep him relevant and make crazy money off Floyds leftovers....then it will all come up to the biggest payday of all...and the biggest ass whoopin handed out by Floyd. Ay...they played the game good though..cant be mad at them for that
gravytrain
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Sep 6 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Manny is a bum...his skills are dimensioning because he stopped juicing...Bob, Manny and Freddie used the illusion of fighting Mayweather to keep him relevant and make crazy money off Floyds leftovers....then it will all come up to the biggest payday of all...and the biggest ass whoopin handed out by Floyd. Ay...they played the game good though..cant be mad at them for that

i've heard of being one dimensional, that cat must be good if his skills are dimensioning. how many dimensions are they in?
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Sep 6 2011, 05:53 PM) *

You wish haha. Another Floyd fan I see. Your still living in the illusion that Pac's career is based off of Mayweather's. GTFO. Your boy Mayweather, son of a "faggot" will be retiring again after he whoops Ortiz's ass. Pacquiao will fight Berto to unify the welterweight crowns WBO, IBF belts. Then Mayweather will pop up again noticing Pacquiao's decline...takes the fight for a Unification bout of all three welterweight belts...Pac loses...Mayweather gets to run his mouth forever.

Till he gets whooped by Martinez in 2013...

You heard it here y'all.
duwdu
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Sep 6 2011, 05:18 PM) *
You wish haha. Another Floyd fan I see. Your still living in the illusion that Pac's career is based off of Mayweather's. GTFO. Your boy Mayweather, son of a "faggot" will be retiring again after he whoops Ortiz's ass. Pacquiao will fight Berto to unify the welterweight crowns WBO, IBF belts. Then Mayweather will pop up again noticing Pacquiao's decline...takes the fight for a Unification bout of all three welterweight belts...Pac loses...Mayweather gets to run his mouth forever.

You heard it here y'all.

If things go with Mayweather as you envisage and he gets the opportunity to get past Pac which I too think he would, then I think he would not take on Martinez after that. It's just my hunch that he would know that his body would not soon completely heal. Plus, he said (Mayweather did) on the current 24/7 that his motivation was to put finishing touches to his legacy. That to me means very few more fights for him. He can be unpredictable at times though.

P34c3
Prov0
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Sep 6 2011, 05:18 PM) *

You heard it here y'all.

LoL here we go Pac Fans and their excuses .oh Floyds waiting for him to Decline .or hes waiting for him to get older.last i checked Floyds older and thats why hes taking these long layoffs to let his body heal .just like oscar said the lay offs hurt you soneone at that age should be more active.
Pac is just Boxings Poster boy.i seriously cant see how people like him i petsonally think hes garbage no technigue whats so ever hops around closes his eyes and swings theirs times he throws two punches at the same time lol "both arms same time"
mrchitown
If he losses, it won't hurt him but I wonder if he'd get elected governor if he retired first then ran. He's beloved in his country so who knows. But if he plans to hang up his gloves for good, the fights are going to be all top rank opponents
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.