Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao: No Testing Issues, Negotiating Guaranteed Purses
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Eighty88Eight
With Mayweather admitting that he's working on the contract, and now Pacquiao revealing that "profit sharing and guaranteed profits" are the only issues right now, it seems negotiations for this fucking fight are now well underway without anybody knowing. For Pacquiao's statement, go to ESPN's boxing front page.
BoxingFan86
I'm watchin' Floyd's "Media Day" ustream broadcast right now, so I don't have time to check ESPN's front page, but if this is true, I'm 1 step closer to fulfillin' a part of my bucket list.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 07:59 PM) *
With Mayweather admitting that he's working on the contract, and now Pacquiao revealing that "profit sharing and guaranteed profits" are the only issues right now, it seems negotiations for this fucking fight are now well underway without anybody knowing. For Pacquiao's statement, go to ESPN's boxing front page.

We shall see. When I see a fight date is when I will end my speculation. All signs point to 2012,
thehype
laugh.gif

So the testing is no longer an issue...now we're back to money being the issue?

laugh.gif

What happened to 50/50?

dntknw.gif

And when is somebody going to inform him that he will NEVER get the same amount of money when he's giving up a percentage to not one, but two promoters?

dntknw.gif

BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 6 2011, 09:21 PM) *
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What happened to 50/50?

dntknw.gif

And when is somebody going to inform him that he will NEVER get the same amount of money when he's giving up a percentage to not one, but two promoters?

dntknw.gif

Haha...

So are you insinuating that Pac is going to HAVE to go independant in order to make an even split with money?

If so, I couldn't agree more...
Eighty88Eight
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What happened to 50/50?

dntknw.gif

dntknw.gif

why so cynical? are you suggesting that Pac wants more than 50/50? you said you're not even interested in the fight if Pac struggles with Marquez, but would you still want to see the fight if Mayweather struggles with Ortiz?
Cshel86
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What happened to 50/50?

dntknw.gif

dntknw.gif

Dammit man...forgot about the money shit, smh...sure that this is gonna be an issue now...
Hotsauce
wait a minute i thought the blood test was the hold up???

now its the money???

didn't arum say manny agreed to everything, i mean everything???
Hotsauce
1. scared of needles
2. was not going to bend to Mayweather's demands.
3. needs 30/24/14/7 days to recover.
4. believes that the USADA is biased
5. now money is an issue
Eighty88Eight
Shall we assume Pac is at fault because Ben Thompson says so? First off, there isn't much to deduce from Pac's comments other than that negotiations seem to be currently underway, and that profits and purse sharing are being discussed. We don't know that there is an issue, we don't know if Pac is actually demanding more money, and we don't know if it is actually Mayweather who is demanding a bigger cut of the purse. Mayweather did, after all, rescind his initial offer of a 14 day cut off. Perhaps now he has rescinded his offer of a 50/50 split, seeing that his PPV's and live gates are consistently bigger.
duwdu
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 6 2011, 06:59 PM) *

It appears this is not being put out there via a Bob Arum remote, and no Arum count down deadlines have yet been mentioned, so I'm inclined to believe progress might have been made.

Way to go guys (as in PBF and Pacman.)

P34c3
streetlion1
Cmon Manny....sign the contract so you can get your ass whooped lol.
duwdu
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 7 2011, 07:45 AM) *
Shall we assume Pac is at fault because Ben Thompson says so? First off, there isn't much to deduce from Pac's comments other than that negotiations seem to be currently underway, and that profits and purse sharing are being discussed. We don't know that there is an issue, we don't know if Pac is actually demanding more money, and we don't know if it is actually Mayweather who is demanding a bigger cut of the purse. Mayweather did, after all, rescind his initial offer of a 14 day cut off. Perhaps now he has rescinded his offer of a 50/50 split, seeing that his PPV's and live gates are consistently bigger.

I don't know what your bolded argument has to do with anything. Mayweather had always stated, as early as after he dismantled Mosley (or even earlier, IIRC,) that all previous concessions were off the table. Those who had ears, let them hear. It was not as if Pacquiao agreed to Mayweather's own only key demand and then Mayweather changed his stand. If during a negotiation sequence you walked off the table, there is no guarantee in hell the same conditions would still be there if you cunningly return to the negotiating table about 18 months later.

As a matter of fact, I won't be surprised if the $10mil/Lb overweight (on fight night?) penalty clause against Mayweather which Mayweather agreed to without hassles the first time, has also been off the table. Things like that would not amount to a hard stance, it would just show the nature of negotiations.

P34c3
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 7 2011, 09:54 AM) *
I don't know what your bolded argument has to do with anything. Mayweather had always stated, as early as after he dismantled Mosley (or even earlier, IIRC,) that all previous concessions were off the table. Those who had ears, let them hear. It was not as if Pacquiao agreed to Mayweather's own only key demand and then Mayweather changed his stand. If during a negotiation sequence you walked off the table, there is no guarantee in hell the same conditions would still be there if you cunningly return to the negotiating table about 18 months later.

As a matter of fact, I won't be surprised if the $10mil/Lb overweight (on fight night?) penalty clause against Mayweather which Mayweather agreed to without hassles the first time, has also been off the table. Things like that would not amount to a hard stance, it would just show the nature of negotiations.

P34c3

it illustrates that Mayweather's demands can be fluid things, but my point is; why should we assume Pac is looking for another way to stall negotiations, as Ben Thompson suggests? And if there is any issues, why should Pac be at fault? I'm honestly just playing devil's advocate, but as you said, the circumstances are different now, both guys can make cases that they deserve a larger share, and the money pot is likely bigger than before.
ks1
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 7 2011, 10:06 AM) *
it illustrates that Mayweather's demands can be fluid things, but my point is; why should we assume Pac is looking for another way to stall negotiations, as Ben Thompson suggests? And if there is any issues, why should Pac be at fault? I'm honestly just playing devil's advocate, but as you said, the circumstances are different now, both guys can make cases that they deserve a larger share, and the money pot is likely bigger than before.

I don't think that's what he's suggesting. Ben can clarify but, I think he's saying that even if Pac gets 50/50, due to his financial set-up, he's going to make substaintially less than Floyd so he needs to ask for more than 50 just to break even with Floyd which, of course, Floyd will never agree to so that might be a problem during this round of negotiations.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 7 2011, 11:29 AM) *
I don't think that's what he's suggesting. Ben can clarify but, I think he's saying that even if Pac gets 50/50, due to his financial set-up, he's going to make substaintially less than Floyd so he needs to ask for more than 50 just to break even with Floyd which, of course, Floyd will never agree to so that might be a problem during this round of negotiations.

i understand that, but Ben is suggesting Manny is the one causing "issues" with negotiations when we don't really know that there is an issue. Manny never used the word "issue". He could simply be referencing the fact that the money they're splitting is different (larger) than before. People forget that when floyd rescinded the 14 day cut off, he also rescinded the 50/50 split. Why is everyone so quick to be smugly cynical about all this?
ks1
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 7 2011, 12:38 PM) *
i understand that, but Ben is suggesting Manny is the one causing "issues" with negotiations when we don't really know that there is an issue. Manny never used the word "issue". He could simply be referencing the fact that the money they're splitting is different (larger) than before. People forget that when floyd rescinded the 14 day cut off, he also rescinded the 50/50 split. Why is everyone so quick to be smugly cynical about all this?

Fair point but due to the soap opera of these negotiations, it's not surprising that folks would be cynical about the latest turn.
Eighty88Eight
in the annals of legendary boxing negotiations (De La Hoya-Trinidad, Tyson-Lewis, Tyson-Holyfield, Douglas-Holyfield), i think Pac-Mayweather is fairly tame. quibbling over blood testing, quibbling over tweaked egos... that ain't nothing. they're gonna fight.
mrchitown
Well it seems as if the two sides are trying to get off to a good start with negotiations, with that said, I'm hoping the fight comes off sometime in mid 2012.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 8 2011, 04:50 AM) *
Fair point but due to the soap opera of these negotiations, it's not surprising that folks would be cynical about the latest turn.

Yeah but all hateyhate is trying to illustrate is that both sides are capable of digging their heels in as far as negotiations are concerned. All you guys who support Floyd wanna beleiev that's all Manny's fault anytime negotaitions hit a snag, because Ben says so, or at the very least implies so, which I'm sure he'd refute laugh.gif

It comes as no surprise to anyone on these boards that I am a Manny fan but as much as I am I think his camp needs to take a fair proportion of the blame for this fight not happening. Maybe Arum has been playing games but then it is up to Manny to kick his promoter into shape.

Who knows if it's going to happen, I don't give a fuck. Personally I'm more amped for the Ortiz/Mayweather undercard. Should be a good one. I've been critical of Golden Boy but they have to take kudos for this undercard.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 7 2011, 10:06 AM) *

Especially assuming they both sail past their next opponents...

I think its important we don't look to far past Ortiz and Marquez...(especially Ortiz, as he poses more danger imo)

But if they do the stock is going to be as high as it could be..
johnnyblaze
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

What happened to 50/50?

dntknw.gif

dntknw.gif

You should let Floyd know that he doesn't keep all of his money when he has to pay out Al and GBP.
checkleft
But the reason he is with al and gbp is because he found out bob was taking too much of his money so he left. That's where the bad blood started. So its no mystery that arum rakes in a lot of his fighters earnings.
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 9 2011, 12:10 PM) *
But the reason he is with al and gbp is because he found out bob was taking too much of his money so he left. That's where the bad blood started. So its no mystery that arum rakes in a lot of his fighters earnings.

He pays Al and GBP about the same amount as he paid TR.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 9 2011, 12:10 PM) *

Last time I checked...Floyd did sign that contract with Arum back in the day, so hopefully he did himself a favor by reading it before signing it. If anything, he didn't find out that Bob was taking too much money, he grew tired of his purse percentage being deducted...but like I said earlier, Im sure Floyd read the contract before he signed it.
checkleft
Well the supposed dilemma was that bob stole money from mayweather. Hints to why they hate each other
johnnyblaze
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 9 2011, 02:07 PM) *
Well the supposed dilemma was that bob stole money from mayweather. Hints to why they hate each other

Nothing supposed about the money Bob lent Floyd when he needed to get bailed out from James Prince and his thugs. What an azzhole he is.
sandra
Finally!!!! I just hope now that both parties will settle their deals or issues very soon.. I really thirst for this fight!
If this fight will pursue, i bet it'll be the fight of the century! oh yeah! biggrin.gif I'm pretty sure that it's gonna take place after floyd's fight with ortiz and pacman's with marquez.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.. hooo... and I know you guys don't wanna miss the two upcoming fights, floyd on sep. 17 and pacman on nov. 12. just wanna share this to you guys,, check this out
http://www.gogvm.com/membership/buytickets.php and you might see the pacquiao-marquez fight in person... ciao tongue.gif
Eighty88Eight
wtf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.