Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current best division in boxing.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
Many competitive divisions at the moment with fighters moving up and down and fights to be made, which alters each division differently. Which division is the best at the moment or offers the most the the fans? The Bantamweight division is stacked with talent and alot of potential matchups to go till next year. Lightweight division is mixed with tough fighters at different points of their career. Super Lightweight was looking hot but with no mega Unification bout to eliminate any questions may tare it apart!? The Welterweight division has lost a little bit of life yet has still got the two biggest names. Light Heavyweight has become a decent division again while Cruiserweight has quietly become an interesting division too.

What's the best division in boxing at the moment?
Eighty88Eight
floyd mayweather and manny pacquiao
Cshel86
I chose welterweight because of what its becoming, once again. Had this poll taken place about a year ago, I would've chosen the 140 lb division. At that time, It had the likes of Alexander, Bradley, Khan, Maidana, Ortiz, Peterson, Judah, Matthysse, Marquez (possibly), and Guerrero. Half of these fighters are still there, but they are surely moving up to welterweight at the beginning of next year, so once again, the welterweight division will be stacked...hopefully with fighters who are willing to fight. It's currently the "money division" as we speak.
streetlion1
I chose 168...Andre Ward is at the head of the pack but there have been very tough fights in the Super 6 and also you have Quillin out there looking for his shot.
JONdaCON817
118, 140, 147, 168....

JWW is prolly the blacc sheep of the group with everyone tryin to make there way up to WW where all the big money fights are...
Hittman25
featherweight is booming and junior welter and reg welter is popping off and 154 has alotta fights to be made
Seek
The best and deepest is 140. Fighters campaigning at 140 are currently Khan, Maidana, Peterson, Morales, Judah, Matthysse, Guerrero, Rios and Soto moving up

Next I would say is 168 with Ward, Froch, Dirrell, Kessler, Bute and Johnson.

147 is heating up with Ortiz and soon as Khan and Bradley are active at 147 along with Berto, Mayweather and Pacquiao
checkleft
I like 168. Very good division
caneman
I think 168 but the thing is they are for the most part fighting each other cause of the tourney which feels like it has been going on for close to 3 years(it can't be that long but feels like it)! I think several could look as good and better especially 126 and 140 off the top of my head and 154 and 160 could even have some great fight! I also 118 is pretty hot. The thing is, when all the top guys fight the other top guys which rarely happens like the old days with protected fighters and bullshit that goes down!

I understand guys wanna get paid big bucks and many should but an example is Bradley, he should signed or Khan and beat that ass but didn't sign! I think that is a big mistake and waiting for Pacman is crazy cause if Pacman and Mayweather are smart that won't only fight once but they will fight twice or even 3 times and never fight again! But evidently I don't know shit about boxing!!!!!!!!
mrchitown
It's very close between 140 and 168, but I'd chose 140 because I think it's a bit deeper then the super middleweight division.
gravytrain
featherweight
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Featherweight, coz in my head Donaire is already fighting there laugh.gif Plus Super Bantamweight has a few names that may step up and take the Pepsi challenge.
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 7 2011, 11:37 PM) *
It's interesting that just prior to the super 6, so many were claiming it was a poor and weak division. How things have changed.

I really believe that is because they actually fought each other, I think there could be many division like that if all the top guy boxed off...I think round robin box offs would end up showing super stars we didn't even know we had!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 8 2011, 05:02 AM) *
I really believe that is because they actually fought each other, I think there could be many division like that if all the top guy boxed off...I think round robin box offs would end up showing super stars we didn't even know we had!

I go away for a week and you go all FIFA World Cup format on us, caneman? I'm organizing an intervention, NOW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.