Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does this sound like Roger Mayweather to you?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Xception2ThRule
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 9 2011, 11:09 PM) *

LOL, I call BS.
Cshel86
Nope! I just read it on another site, but that aint Roger, by far. I hate to bring his name up, but it seems like they do this with MP as well. We all see how his English is somehwhat choppy and delayed when he is interviewed after fights, but when I read articles, they directly quote him, and English is way too proper. Im not sayin that he's not capable, but it just seems odd. We all know how Roger sounds, and even in his somewhat intelligent moments, he doesn't sound like this.
Hotsauce
more like jeff mayweather
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 10 2011, 01:02 AM) *

Yeah that's about right. No way in hell Roger cares about PPV numbers or Pac/Marquez's PPV when Floyd's fight is a week away. Definitely Jeff Mayweather...the unexpected, intelligent medium of the Mayweather clan...
Xception2ThRule
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 10 2011, 01:02 AM) *

But the guy mentions he "crossed paths with Roger," and there is even a photo of Roger crediting the author. You'd think if it was Jeff who said it, he wouldn't take a picture of Roger. They don't look very much alike. Even if the photo was old and being re-used, you'd think the author would differentiate immediately since he "crossed paths with [Jeff supposedly]."

He even mentions in the beginning: "I have ran across a lot of interesting characters in the sport of boxing during my two years in Las Vegas, but very few have been as outspoken or entertaining as former two-time champion and trainer Roger Mayweather.

And in the end: "Short and sweet remarks from Uncle Roger and for a man who has had some outlandish takes in the past, perhaps it was best this time around."

He has clearly met (or claims to have met) Roger Mayweather before and is meaning to talk about and quote him in his article, but from the quotes it seems highly implausible that it's Roger.

I think he bullshitted the entire article.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 10 2011, 12:15 AM) *
Yeah that's about right. No way in hell Roger cares about PPV numbers or Pac/Marquez's PPV when Floyd's fight is a week away. Definitely Jeff Mayweather...the unexpected, intelligent medium of the Mayweather clan...

and no cussin???
JLUVBABY
no way that was roger may... lmao... no damn way...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 10 2011, 05:47 AM) *
no way that was roger may... lmao... no damn way...

Is it possible that the greatest trainer in the history of the planet has been playin' us all these years? Maybe he has been studying for a degree in English online behind our backs all these years. focus.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 10 2011, 02:59 AM) *
and no cussin???

Thats what was missing! No "f bombs", no "mf's", and no using the word "shit" as a comma in his sentences?! Yeah that def wasn't Roger.
JONdaCON817
lol... wow.. he sounds so sophisticated. i didnt know he had it in him.... maybe its those anger management classes.. laugh.gif
Hotsauce
i know that roger is going to anger management classes
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 10 2011, 07:52 AM) *
Is it possible that the greatest trainer in the history of the planet has been playin' us all these years? Maybe he has been studying for a degree in English online behind our backs all these years. focus.gif

uh.... no... lmao beardo.... lol...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 10 2011, 12:35 PM) *
uh.... no... lmao beardo.... lol...

Hey now, JLUV, anything is possible on the internets.
Eighty88Eight
Harmonize
That really was Roger and those were legit quotes from him, as I was the one interviewing him... Him and I talk about all kinds of stuff
but on this day I chose to edit out much of his trash talk, such as him talking trash on Pacquiao and Amir Khan, and other stuff... I don't
want all of my articles on Roger to feature sound bites of him claiming that 'Pacquiao has steroids up his ass', it gets too repetitive...

And the reason he talked about the PPV comparisons was because I asked him specifically...

-Chris Robinson
caneman
It's not like they could quote him word for word anyhow! lol Other than that....
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 11 2011, 07:16 PM) *
It's not like they could quote him word for word anyhow! lol Other than that....

Hahahaha!!! This picture threw me off man! Not many can interpret most of the shit that Roger says anyway. He uses the word "shit" in place of a comma/pause when talks anyway. Good one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.