Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:30(EST)/7:30(PST): Gamboa vs. Deleon: SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all action and post-fight discussion of Gamboa-Deleon. The replay of Klitschko-Adamek should be discussed in its own thread provided.

Jack

Administrator
Sunni6Killer
Gamboa wide decision.
Don't be surprised if he gets dropped early.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Sep 10 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Gamboa wide decision.
Don't be surprised if he gets dropped early.

You my be right but this thing could end in 90 seconds or in the 12th. I am really looking forward to this one. What's not to like? A phenom physically v a solid Mexican warrior with a heart the size of a coconut.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 10 2011, 01:38 PM) *
You my be right but this thing could end in 90 seconds or in the 12th. I am really looking forward to this one. What's not to like? A phenom physically v a solid Mexican warrior with a heart the size of a coconut.

Yeah, if Deleon plays his cards right, then he may be able to catch Gamboa slipping, but I dont see him beating him. Just judging by his (Deleon) devastating loss to Lopez, Gamboa could possibly have Deleon outta there in under 5 rounds.
zucrates
Lopez knocked him out in 1 even though he trained hard and looks good(who dose not look good in training) Gamboa by Ko and Showtime needs to give it up nobody posted any thing about their fight Wow aggressive.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, this could be a great fight. Gamboa has been on the floor before, and De Leon hits very hard. Obviously, Gamboa has the superior speed and boxing skill. However, I see him getting caught early and dropped. If he survives he should be able to stop Gamboa with that speed. Should be an interesting one tonight.
salvador
Fuck HBO!

This is totally wrong. It's fucked to begin with that boxing fans on the east coast have to stay up till midnight -or later- to see most big matches, but to have to sit through a replay of Vitali-Adamek (as if there was anyone on earth who thought this would have been competitive) before watching a live fight is just fucking with fans who are going to reluctantly sit through the shitty fight again before watching the Gamboa fight - and thus keeping eyeballs on HBO for an extra hour.

Seriously, I know I'm old, but this is totally fucked.
zucrates
QUOTE (zucrates @ Sep 10 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Lopez knocked him out in 1 even though he trained hard and looks good(who dose not look good in training) Gamboa by Ko and Showtime needs to give it up nobody posted any thing about their fight Wow aggressive.gif

Gamboa looks ready !
caneman
Gamboa stops him 6 rounds!
gravytrain
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 10 2011, 10:42 PM) *
Fuck HBO!

This is totally wrong. It's fucked to begin with that boxing fans on the east coast have to stay up till midnight -or later- to see most big matches, but to have to sit through a replay of Vitali-Adamek (as if there was anyone on earth who thought this would have been competitive) before watching a live fight is just fucking with fans who are going to reluctantly sit through the shitty fight again before watching the Gamboa fight - and thus keeping eyeballs on HBO for an extra hour.

Seriously, I know I'm old, but this is totally fucked.

it gave me a little more time to stay out, other than that it wasn't good for much. it really isn't the kind of fight that would grab the attention of some casual fans either.
The Original MrFactor
Gamboa by stoppage.

BTW, if Mike Tyson raped Miguel Cotto, their baby would be Gamboa.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 10 2011, 11:29 PM) *
Gamboa by stoppage.

BTW, if Mike Tyson raped Miguel Cotto, their baby would be Gamboa.

laugh.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got it 2-1 for Gamboa so far. Ponce won the 1st, but Gamboa took 2 & 3.
gravytrain
Gamboa is impressing me tonight, he's not taking the risks like he used to. you can tell he's learning and applying it to his fights. the problem is he doesn't fight the whole round and it makes the rounds closer than they should be.
gravytrain
clash of heads and PDL got cut, they called the fight.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, I had Gamboa ahead 79-73 at the time of the stoppage. De Leon actually fought well, but Gamboa is just on another level right now. He fought with poise, but was entertaining at the same time. He has the potential to be a star, and hopefully he'll get to fight some solid opponents in the future.
PR316
Gamboa looked alright.

I think his problem is that he doesn't use the jab.

This would be exploited by Chris John IMO.
sduck
I figured they'd stop the fight as soon as I saw the headbutt. That was sometime around where the commentators were going on about comparing Gamboa to Donaire, Mayweather, Martinez, and Pacquaio; that the performance he was giving, even though he was winning, wasn't on their level and I agree with them.
Cshel86
Deleon gave him bits of trouble due to his weird movement. As slow as Deleon was, he was hanging in there for a few rounds. If he had Ricky Hatton's foot movement, then he would be far more dangerous in this division. Great fight though...
Jack 1000
I only gave Deleon two rounds.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 11 2011, 04:11 AM) *
I only gave Deleon two rounds.

Jack

Me too...the 1st and the 4th or the 6th (cant remember exactly). If you could win rounds simply by being a slow opponent who throws the fast guy off, then Deleon would've won at least 4 rounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.