Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marcos Maidana
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ViperSniper
It always occurred to me that Maidana has been in some close exciting fights but didn't realize all the great fights Maidana can take that would be rematches.

Who would you like Maidana to fight the most?
mgrover
i want him to make ortiz quit again.
wolterb
i'd like to see him get khan
Cshel86
The rematch between Ortiz and Morlaes was a toss-up for me, but I leaned a bit more towards the Ortiz rematch. Maidana became the man and a threat at the same time when he made Ortiz quit, and he also made Erik Morales look good in their last PPV fight. As far as Amere Con is concerned, he justs needs to shut up and keeps Maidana's name out of his mouth....especially if he doesn't want to give the man a rematch. Khan asked for the Maidana fight, and almost got his paper stapled in the 10th round.
wolterb
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 11 2011, 01:29 PM) *
as far as Amere Con is concerned, he justs needs to shut up and keeps Maidana's name out of his mouth....especially if he doesn't want to give the man a rematch. Khan asked for the Maidana fight, and almost got his paper stapled in the 10th round.

lol
gravytrain
Ortiz on principle alone. Ortiz was saying Maidana was scared of him and didn't want to rematch him. he needs a reality check.
daprofessor
i want to see all 3!!!

but i had to see one first....probably maidana/ortiz.
Seek
Ortiz Maidana for sure! Better not be PPV either unless you got 2 other worthy championship fights to go along with it.

Khan needs to fight Prescott again. Then Khan and Berto should get it on for a chance to fight Mayweather in the fall of 2012 - you know this is a great idea!

Morales should fight Matthysse in January to defend his title because Matthysse still deserves it assuming Morales wins his Sept. 17th bout of course
sduck
Ortiz-Maidana all the way. You knock someone down, what was it, three times in a fight? Then quit only half-way through... That deserves some redeeming.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 12 2011, 02:53 PM) *
Ortiz Maidana for sure! Better not be PPV either unless you got 2 other worthy championship fights to go along with it.

Khan needs to fight Prescott again. Then Khan and Berto should get it on for a chance to fight Mayweather in the fall of 2012 - you know this is a great idea!

Morales should fight Matthysse in January to defend his title because Matthysse still deserves it assuming Morales wins his Sept. 17th bout of course

+1
Morales will more than likely rematch Maidana by the end of the year, and Matthysse, well Matthysse will probably have to take the back seat again for a little while. Maybe he could look into a clash with Tweety Bird, if he wants a shot at a title.
checkleft
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 12 2011, 01:53 PM) *

You hit it out of the park on all three.

I would take ortiz in the rematch tho, Khan would more than likely beat Prescott even tho he has terrible defense, and I did and would expect mathysse to beat Eric.

Idk if maidana is or isn't scared of ortiz but I remember him being quoted saying "ortiz punches too hard" after their fight. But that rematch would be a slugfest no doubt.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 12 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Ortiz-Maidana all the way. You knock someone down, what was it, three times in a fight? Then quit only half-way through... That deserves some redeeming.

I laughed at how Ortiz thought he had the fight in his hands, then he realized he was fighting terminator after Maidana got up so quick from that 3rd knockdown. Ortiz is another front-runner like Judah, except he doesn't completely go into survival mode.
Seek
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 10:35 PM) *
I laughed at how Ortiz thought he had the fight in his hands, then he realized he was fighting terminator after Maidana got up so quick from that 3rd knockdown. Ortiz is another front-runner like Judah, except he doesn't completely go into survival mode.

Ortiz will beat Maidana in a rematch at 147. He definitely isn't going back down to 140.

Also after seeing Berto's last fight vs Zaveck or whatever, I think Ortiz wins a rematch. Berto showed some grit but brawling like he did will put him in deep waters again vs Ortiz.

Ortiz has the style to beat Khan but I doubt he wins that. Khan will carry his speed and power at 147 and jab his way to victory. No doubt in my mind Khan wins that fight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.