Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7: part 3
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Key Points:

The training styles of both fighters are like night and day. Ortiz trained for 10 rounds (for a 12 round bout)... May from reports (they never show his sparing matches) is going extra hard. From what they showed May is doing the technical work while Ortiz is doing a lot of road work and his ring work seems to be centered around the knock out shot. His trainer was telling him to focus on his jab... I wonder how this is will transcend into the fight

Victor showing up in that limo was actually funny, it reminded me of Pinky's limo in Next Friday. He took a day off a training was a little weird to me but to each his own
Floyd lost cool points by letting Ray J sing and just hanging around him. That song he was singing is damn near two years old maybe three. Ray J? Really Floyd. You could at least gotten someone who is on the charts Geez.
The footage of he entertaining the troops was great. Like I figured the whole flashing the money around was taken way out of proportion. They guys laughed.. but to some he is still a piece of trash

Roger did not curse... that was the biggest surprise. My favorite quote "Those ten rounds should beat Mayweather" LOL

Any thoughts
PrfPmp
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 11 2011, 09:38 AM) *
Key Points:

The training styles of both fighters are like night and day. Ortiz trained for 10 rounds (for a 12 round bout)... May from reports (they never show his sparing matches) is going extra hard. From what they showed May is doing the technical work while Ortiz is doing a lot of road work and his ring work seems to be centered around the knock out shot. His trainer was telling him to focus on his jab... I wonder how this is will transcend into the fight

Victor showing up in that limo was actually funny, it reminded me of Pinky's limo in Next Friday. He took a day off a training was a little weird to me but to each his own
Floyd lost cool points by letting Ray J sing and just hanging around him. That song he was singing is damn near two years old maybe three. Ray J? Really Floyd. You could at least gotten someone who is on the charts Geez.
The footage of he entertaining the troops was great. Like I figured the whole flashing the money around was taken way out of proportion. They guys laughed.. but to some he is still a piece of trash

Roger did not curse... that was the biggest surprise. My favorite quote "Those ten rounds should beat Mayweather" LOL

Any thoughts

I keep hearing how mayweather is training "extra hard" for this fight, yet HE DOESN'T HAVE A SIX PACK! Did anyone else notice this?? .. Never has an episode of 24/7 influenced my pick, but there's a first time for everything.

Is he training so hard bc he hasn't been training too hard or at all over the past 2 years? I mean, I have friends who fly out from miami w a bunch of girls to party w him all the time so idk, maybe he's been eating shit the past few years. They haven't showed may with his shirt off until last nights episode, and he looks real soft in the stomach. I've never seen floyd fight someone who is more physically fit than him, but there's no question that ortiz appears to be in MUCH better shape than him. Combine that with all the intangibles age, layoff, timing, ortiz's youth, strength, punching power, determination ect.

I can still see floyd kicking hiss ass but can also see ortiz completely destroying him too. I wasn't gonna bet but I layed 500 on ortiz after seeing last nights 24/7

If u didn't notice, check it out! Also it kinda looks like his timing's a little off on the speed bag?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (PrfPmp @ Sep 11 2011, 11:14 AM) *
I keep hearing how mayweather is training "extra hard" for this fight, yet HE DOESN'T HAVE A SIX PACK! Did anyone else notice this?? .. Never has an episode of 24/7 influenced my pick, but there's a first time for everything.

Is he training so hard bc he hasn't been training too hard or at all over the past 2 years? I mean, I have friends who fly out from miami w a bunch of girls to party w him all the time so idk, maybe he's been eating shit the past few years. They haven't showed may with his shirt off until last nights episode, and he looks real soft in the stomach. I've never seen floyd fight someone who is more physically fit than him, but there's no question that ortiz appears to be in MUCH better shape than him. Combine that with all the intangibles age, layoff, timing, ortiz's youth, strength, punching power, determination ect.

I can still see floyd kicking hiss ass but can also see ortiz completely destroying him too. I wasn't gonna bet but I layed 500 on ortiz after seeing last nights 24/7

If u didn't notice, check it out! Also it kinda looks like his timing's a little off on the speed bag?

Perhaps you are looking too much into the footage that 24/7 shows us. Remember that it is only a half hour show, and what you are seeing are only snippets of the overall training both guys are doing. I haven't seen whether Mayweather has a six pack during this 24/7 series, although whenever he weighs in for the fight you can always see it, but whether or not they are visible does not determine a fight. Ortiz could come in looking shredded, but the fight is still decided by skills, and not by who has the fittest body.

Maybe it's true that Mayweather hasn't been looking ripped, although he looks to be in good shape to me, but keep in mind that he doesn't allow the cameras to capture footage of him sparring. He could be kicking ass in those sessions, and sometimes that matters more than how ripped your body is.
PrfPmp
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 11 2011, 11:30 AM) *
Perhaps you are looking too much into the footage that 24/7 shows us. Remember that it is only a half hour show, and what you are seeing are only snippets of the overall training both guys are doing. I haven't seen whether Mayweather has a six pack during this 24/7 series, although whenever he weighs in for the fight you can always see it, but whether or not they are visible does not determine a fight. Ortiz could come in looking shredded, but the fight is still decided by skills, and not by who has the fittest body.

Maybe it's true that Mayweather hasn't been looking ripped, although he looks to be in good shape to me, but keep in mind that he doesn't allow the cameras to capture footage of him sparring. He could be kicking ass in those sessions, and sometimes that matters more than how ripped your body is.

I agree with everything you said. All I'm saying is that this is not the fight to come in at less than optimum shape and I've been watching mayweather since I was 9 ( lol jk I'm 30) , and he's the most ripped fighter since roy jones foe every single fight, except this one.

1 year ago I was a physical specimen with 8 pack abs and 5% body fat, I play basketball and box and I was very explosive. Today, after 1 year of not working out and eating out every night w my girlfriend, I weigh only 10lbs more but my body has completely morphed and I am nowhere near the athlete I was. I think flyd is training so hard bc he's trying to get back to his old form but I think he started too late.

Physically, this isn't the same floyd that fought marquez and mosley imo based on what I saw last night
leonthegee
All I see is alot of false bravado coming out if Ortiz. Last time Floyd and Vic were in the same room (face off with Max Kellerman) Vic came off like a little bitch. Its easy to have bravado when hes in Oxnard. Once they get in the ring together I expect Vic to bitch up again.
Spyder
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 11 2011, 01:49 PM) *
All I see is alot of false bravado coming out if Ortiz. Last time Floyd and Vic were in the same room (face off with Max Kellerman) Vic came off like a little bitch. Its easy to have bravado when hes in Oxnard. Once they get in the ring together I expect Vic to bitch up again.

Vic came off as a kid lacking in television experience.
SENTRAL
Let's face it, Ortiz is a likeable enough guy, far more down to earth than the increasingly cringe-worthy Mayweather whose arrogance and crude inappropriateness is as sickening as it is embarrassing.  Hey-ho, this is Floyd Mayweather, a man crying out for love and attention, desperate to be depicted affectionately and craving acceptance from the masses.  His persona is so obviously forced, like the little guy on the corner who joins the crew and lives his life falsely in order to impress those new 'friends' around him.  See Immortal Technique, dance with the Devil.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 11 2011, 01:54 PM) *
Vic came off as a kid lacking in television experience.

That pretty much sums it up. He was fat in the face and short on words. I believe that every fighter begging for these "big fights" needs to learn how to either talk shit, or be long-winded with some sense...or else, they will do exactly what Ortiz did, and just sit there and look at Floyd the whole time. These guys either need to learn how to talk, or these Face-Offs will consist of more than Kellerman and the two fighters.

The guys that need to be in that room, is Kellerman and the two fighters...not somebody else sitting behind you helping you talk shit. The only person that needs to be behind you is an interpreter, if you need one. Bradley and Alexander needed their trainers with them during a Face-Off because they were that terrible at talking, or coming up with something to say. When Ortiz keeps saying, "Dude, I just don't care, you know?", that is a clear indicator that has run out words. Hell, if he was been wanting to dethrone Floyd since he was 9 years old (lmao), then he should've been verbally preparing himself for this big opportunity.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (PrfPmp @ Sep 11 2011, 12:21 PM) *
I agree with everything you said. All I'm saying is that this is not the fight to come in at less than optimum shape and I've been watching mayweather since I was 9 ( lol jk I'm 30) , and he's the most ripped fighter since roy jones foe every single fight, except this one.

1 year ago I was a physical specimen with 8 pack abs and 5% body fat, I play basketball and box and I was very explosive. Today, after 1 year of not working out and eating out every night w my girlfriend, I weigh only 10lbs more but my body has completely morphed and I am nowhere near the athlete I was. I think flyd is training so hard bc he's trying to get back to his old form but I think he started too late.

Physically, this isn't the same floyd that fought marquez and mosley imo based on what I saw last night

laugh.gif

Yeah a boxer's stamina and endurance can leave within 2 weeks if training stops, but I'm not so sure that Mayweather is in that type of situation. I mean, are we going to judge the outcome of a fight because he may or may not have a six pack? This is Mayweather we're talking about here; the man trains year round and never takes an opponent likely. Then again, there's a first time for everything, and maybe your friends are right and he's not training 100%.
Method
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 11 2011, 02:28 PM) *
Hey-ho, this is Floyd Mayweather, a man crying out for love and attention...His persona is so obviously forced, like the little guy on the corner who joins the crew and lives his life falsely in order to impress those new 'friends' around him.

Just like Tupac. See where that got him.
AlynK
a lot of people keep saying that Ortiz isn't hungry enough and I don't necessarily think that's true. You're either ready or you aren't. I think he's as ready as he's ever going to be. That's probably part of the reason why he doesn't have much to say most of the time. That and also the fact that he's clearly not used to all the media attention. Shit talking just isn't his strong suit. I don't really care much if he shit talks or not as long as the fight is worth watching. Floyd looked good out there as usual so none of us will really know how hard both of them have been working until they prove it in the ring.

Floyd does need to upgrade his crew though. He looked a little lame letting Ray J & Pleasure P tag along. That is some C-list talent if i've ever seen it.
Method
QUOTE (AlynK @ Sep 11 2011, 04:56 PM) *
a lot of people keep saying that Ortiz isn't hungry enough and I don't necessarily think that's true. You're either ready or you aren't. I think he's as ready as he's ever going to be. That's probably part of the reason why he doesn't have much to say most of the time. That and also the fact that he's clearly not used to all the media attention. Shit talking just isn't his strong suit. I don't really care much if he shit talks or not as long as the fight is worth watching. Floyd looked good out there as usual so none of us will really know how hard both of them have been working until they prove it in the ring.

Floyd does need to upgrade his crew though. He looked a little lame letting Ray J & Pleasure P tag along. That is some C-list talent if i've ever seen it.

I dont think he's as ready as he's gonna be, but he has no choice. Ya gotta take the fight if it falls in your lap. Don't be another Sergio Mora (and pass on the fight).

When you're going fishing, and the trophy jumps into the boat. You dont throw it back,
DavidA12
QUOTE (PrfPmp @ Sep 11 2011, 04:14 PM) *

I dont think either fighter has looked to be in that great shape throughout the series for me, in fact i think ortiz looks in worse shape than floyd physically.

That being said not for one second do i believe any of this will make a difference to the fight. There is so many examples of muscle not winning fights, look at the Khan - Judah fight, Judah looked as ripped as ever and khan looked a bit podgy round the edges and absolutely destroyed him. Same with Haye he was hugely ripped but got dominated by wlad.

What does worry me though is the wat floyd never seems to put much force into the pads or the bag when training, could this be because he is trying to get the game plan right or could it maybe be his on going hands issue getting worse? Just a thought

Also Oritz looks in his pad work and bag work like he is going for mass power shots which i dont for the life of me understand. Countless times we've seen fighters try to bully and turn the fight into a brawl so why does ortiz feel he can beat Floyd this way.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (DavidA12 @ Sep 12 2011, 09:27 AM) *
I dont think either fighter has looked to be in that great shape throughout the series for me, in fact i think ortiz looks in worse shape than floyd physically.

That being said not for one second do i believe any of this will make a difference to the fight. There is so many examples of muscle not winning fights, look at the Khan - Judah fight, Judah looked as ripped as ever and khan looked a bit podgy round the edges and absolutely destroyed him. Same with Haye he was hugely ripped but got dominated by wlad.

What does worry me though is the wat floyd never seems to put much force into the pads or the bag when training, could this be because he is trying to get the game plan right or could it maybe be his on going hands issue getting worse? Just a thought

Also Oritz looks in his pad work and bag work like he is going for mass power shots which i dont for the life of me understand. Countless times we've seen fighters try to bully and turn the fight into a brawl so why does ortiz feel he can beat Floyd this way.

Good first post David and welcome. To be honest it's so hard to take anything out of those 24/7 series. The only real thing I've seen this time around was the argument between Senior and Junior.

My take is Ortiz is loading up because it looks good for the cameras. But you're right, if his plan is to take Floyd's block up that will be wishful thinking at best.
DavidA12
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 11 2011, 10:33 PM) *
Good first post David and welcome. To be honest it's so hard to take anything out of those 24/7 series. The only real thing I've seen this time around was the argument between Senior and Junior.

My take is Ortiz is loading up because it looks good for the cameras. But you're right, if his plan is to take Floyd's block up that will be wishful thinking at best.

Thanks appreciate it.

Agree this has been the most manufactured 24/7 sp far, they've turned it more into a drama than a show thats meant to give us an insight on the developments of each fighter in the build up to the fight.
AlynK
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 11 2011, 04:01 PM) *
I dont think he's as ready as he's gonna be, but he has no choice. Ya gotta take the fight if it falls in your lap. Don't be another Sergio Mora (and pass on the fight).

When you're going fishing, and the trophy jumps into the boat. You dont throw it back,

Yeah that's what I meant, he's as good as he's going to be.... with the time given to him to prepare for this fight. That may or may not be enough for him to win, but that's how I feel. I think he's doing a pretty good job training. You train as best as you possibly can with the time given and that's all you really can do. All I'm saying is I just don't think overexertion and shit talking is the be-all, end-all of a fighter wanting it bad enough.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Provided he has done a good amount of preparation I see nothing wrong in taking a day off to go fishing. Sometimes taking 24 hours out to recharge mentally can be just as rewarding for you. As I say though I would add the caveat that he has been putting in the work in camp and by all accounts Ortiz is a hard worker.
Cshel86
QUOTE (DavidA12 @ Sep 11 2011, 05:27 PM) *

Looking ripped and such, does not help either fighter in my opinion. The only thing that matters is stamina, in which Ortiz lacks down the stretch of the fight. Floyd's whole gameplan is to frustrate you (however), and outlast you, because he rarely goes for the knockout early in the fight, if ever. Ortiz may have done himself some injustice, by trying to knock all out his opponents out. Maidana fucked Ortiz up mentally because he showed him that he could take his punches, then he mentally outlasted him before beating him to submission.Mayweather goes into the fight with a 12-round mentality, and trains with 15-round mentality.

Im not sure if Ortiz's camp was messing with everybody's head when they mentioned his 10-round "milestone" during camp, lol...but Floyd is a guy that you have to be ready to go 15 rounds with, more so mentally than physically. You see how the Peterson fight panned out for Ortiz when a guy could take/avoid his punch and outlast him...Victor couldn't mentally switch from "knockout" to "12-round fight", so was winging it and getting hit for the rest of the fight. Im proud of Gamboa for choosing to extend his fights with lesser opponents and learn, instead of going for the KO...it helps out in the long-run.
DavidA12
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 11 2011, 11:08 PM) *

Looking ripped and such, does not help either fighter in my opinion. The only thing that matters is stamina, in which Ortiz lacks down the stretch of the fight. Floyd's whole gameplan is to frustrate you (however), and outlast you, because he rarely goes for the knockout early in the fight, if ever. Ortiz may have done himself some injustice, by trying to knock all out his opponents out. Maidana fucked Ortiz up mentally because he showed him that he could take his punches, then he mentally outlasted him before beating him to submission.Mayweather goes into the fight with a 12-round mentality, and trains with 15-round mentality.

Im not sure if Ortiz's camp was messing with everybody's head when they mentioned his 10-round "milestone" during camp, lol...but Floyd is a guy that you have to be ready to go 15 rounds with, more so mentally than physically. You see how the Peterson fight panned out for Ortiz when a guy could take/avoid his punch and outlast him...Victor couldn't mentally switch from "knockout" to "12-round fight", so was winging it and getting hit for the rest of the fight. Im proud of Gamboa for choosing to extend his fights with lesser opponents and learn, instead of going for the KO...it helps out in the long-run.

I think if you look at the majority of Ortiz fights he does initially look for an early ko. He did with Maidana, Berto and Peterson. I agree with what your saying if Ortiz does not get the early ko he does not know how to transform into a 12 round fighter.

That hole 10 round sparring segment was ridiculous. In my experience in whatever training you do in life not just boxing, you put the hard work in training pushing beyond that of what your expecting at the event. Therefore Ortiz should be doing 15 round training sessions so he knows if it does go the distance he has that experience and knowledge that he can go further. I certainly hope this doesnt mean Ortiz thinks hes in for a quick night.
gravytrain
Ortiz has always been terrible on camera. i remember after one fight when Lampley took it easy on him and asked him something like "what would a book about your life be like" and he said "i was born, had fun and then died and stuff".
Method
I think you guys are trippin. They BOTH look to be in sick shape to me, especially given there's still a bit of time left (from back when they actually filmed that footage that just aired last night to the actual fight (still two weeks away).
TheFonz
Ortiz looks huge for a WW. Floyd is looking kind of frail to me.
wolterb
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 11 2011, 08:57 PM) *
I think you guys are trippin. They BOTH look to be in sick shape to me, especially given there's still a bit of time left (from back when they actually filmed that footage that just aired last night to the actual fight (still two weeks away).

yeah for sure.

only thing i noticed about the physical was that victor's cheek bones look like their showin more from sheddin weight. idk tho because i was high when i watched it
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 12 2011, 06:28 AM) *
Hey-ho, this is Floyd Mayweather, a man crying out for love and attention, desperate to be depicted affectionately and craving acceptance from the masses.  His persona is so obviously forced, like the little guy on the corner who joins the crew and lives his life falsely in order to impress those new 'friends' around him.  See Immortal Technique, dance with the Devil.

This is so true. Floyd tries so hard to cultivate that bad MOFO persona but it just comes off looking insecure. There is such a gulf in difference between genuine 'street' guys like Hopkins and Toney and the badness that Floyd tries to demonstrate.

And that's the difference between the real thing like a Toney and Floyd. Hell put a fucken gorilla in front of Toney and he would back himself to beat the shit out of it. Meanwhile Floyd would be in the corner spouting shit like "take the test" and "that gorilla isn't well known enough for me to fight him, get me Bubbles instead."
Lil-lightsout
These are the worst 24/7 series yet. They just do nothing for me.

Ortiz seems way too over confident. This dude was hit often and hurt by Berto and Maidana, and had a competitive fight with Peterson. PBF is on a much higher level than those guys.

I am so sick and tired of Floyd flaunting his cash and buying cars. Yeah we get it, you love money and showing it off. I wonder where Floyd will be in about 10 years?

Ortiz has only one shot in this fight. He has got some good power and stamina, and he just needs to stay on Floyd's chest and hope to either wear down Floyd or land a big shot and stop him. Trying to box and stay on the outside is suicide.

I see Ortiz starting off real strong in first couple of rounds, but Floyd will figure him out and stand his ground and pick him apart for a mid to late rounds stoppage.

I do not think I will order this PPV.
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 11 2011, 10:07 PM) *
+1.

I withhold an opinion until we see them together at the weigh-in and in the ring. FMJ is a deceivingly big welter at this point. That said, it is certainly possible to over train.

Yeah I peeped that in the Mosley fight...Shane looked pretty thin in that fight, just judging by his arms and neck. Maybe its because he tried to make sure he didn't rehydrate to too big for fight night (just my opinion).
jlupi
I believe that every fighter begging for these "big fights" needs to learn how to either talk shit, or be long-winded with some sense...or else, they will do exactly what Ortiz did, and just sit there and look at Floyd the whole time. These guys either need to learn how to talk, or these Face-Offs will consist of more than Kellerman and the two fighters.>>>>>

some of this thread is nonsensical. In the big scheme of things who cares if they are great talkers or what music they like. His money flashing is more like a 17 yr old.

<<<<I am so sick and tired of Floyd flaunting his cash and buying cars. Yeah we get it, you love money and showing it off. I wonder where Floyd will be in about 10 years?>>>>>

prob where most before him that wasted their money. his idol "fif" will have long abandoned him
Cshel86
QUOTE (jlupi @ Sep 12 2011, 06:02 PM) *
I believe that every fighter begging for these "big fights" needs to learn how to either talk shit, or be long-winded with some sense...or else, they will do exactly what Ortiz did, and just sit there and look at Floyd the whole time. These guys either need to learn how to talk, or these Face-Offs will consist of more than Kellerman and the two fighters.>>>>>

some of this thread is nonsensical. In the big scheme of things who cares if they are great talkers or what music they like. His money flashing is more like a 17 yr old.

<<<<I am so sick and tired of Floyd flaunting his cash and buying cars. Yeah we get it, you love money and showing it off. I wonder where Floyd will be in about 10 years?>>>>>

prob where most before him that wasted their money. his idol "fif" will have long abandoned him

Where are you going with this?
Method
Waiting for the odds on Mayweather by stoppage, and, depending what they are, going yard on it.
BoxingFan86

Man, I wish you would've made that bet against me. Easy money.
EAlbian
I thought Floyd looked bad in the second episode, this episode i thought was a little better for him. Big discussion on him flashing his cash to the troops but i thought it was tasteful(in its own way) and he was just having fun with the troops. Floyd seemed like a pretty genuinely good person in this respect, he definitively didn't need to take time to do a video chat with them. Of course we know he's rich but 24/7 isn't necessarily for the hardcore fans. My girl is obsessed with it because its new to her, that and its reality tv and bitches be goin crazy for that shit haha. She's into this fight and i think the general public should be too, i think this is going to be an entertaining fight. Either way i think this 24/7 for the hardcore fan is sub par(Floyd's 5th appearance, its gonna get old) but for a newbie its still pretty good.

-Lights out you should get the PPV the undercard is decent and i think its gonna be a more entertaining fight than you think
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 13 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Waiting for the odds on Mayweather by stoppage, and, depending what they are, going yard on it.

I'm with you Method. I'm thinking around 10 or 11. These people saying that Floyd is looking soft are crazy. Floyd may not have the definition that he did before, but he has Clearly added muscle. Another thing is if Ortiz does catch Floyd it's only gonna irritate him. Floyd is a natural born fighter which gets overlooked. In most of the fights where he has been hit he will fire back with authority. That's why the Pacamn fight is so intersting because both guys have that fighter spirit when they get angry. Floyd is just more reserved with it because he has a stronger defense and thinks more in the ring. With that said Ortiz is in grerat shape also and will put on a good show but wont make it to the final bell.
lloyd mayflower
I've already put my money where my mouth is, went with round 8 Floyd. Ortiz doesnt have the mental strength to survive, or the skills not to get shutdown after 6
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 13 2011, 06:34 PM) *
The website I use in Australia have Mayweather at $2.99 for a stoppage. They must have shortened a bit recently, I swear a week ago it was like $3.20. I'm also thinking on putting some small change on a Mayweather stoppage, but ever since I put a shitload on Mayweather to stop Marquez, I'm a little hesitant on betting on a Mayweather stoppage, in case he doesn't go for the kill and coast to a 12 round decision.

Other then Hatton, it's been a really longtime since he stopped anyone...I would be kinda shocked but if you look @ it like Ortiz will bring it like Hatton and Floyd will have to stop him to keep him off maybe I can understand but I think a 12 round ass beating will be more like it!
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 13 2011, 07:34 PM) *
The website I use in Australia have Mayweather at $2.99 for a stoppage. They must have shortened a bit recently, I swear a week ago it was like $3.20. I'm also thinking on putting some small change on a Mayweather stoppage, but ever since I put a shitload on Mayweather to stop Marquez, I'm a little hesitant on betting on a Mayweather stoppage, in case he doesn't go for the kill and coast to a 12 round decision.

i think there's a small chance Ortiz could get stopped. he comes in leaving himself open and can be pretty reckless, his corner or the ref might want to stop it if he gets knocked down enough times and he's behind in the fight. i think him and his corner will want to make it the distance and Mayweather isn't going to stop him unless Ortiz hands it to him on a silver platter. i would go with a UD.
Method
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 13 2011, 09:46 PM) *
i think there's a small chance Ortiz could get stopped. he comes in leaving himself open and can be pretty reckless, his corner or the ref might want to stop it if he gets knocked down enough times and he's behind in the fight. i think him and his corner will want to make it the distance and Mayweather isn't going to stop him unless Ortiz hands it to him on a silver platter. i would go with a UD.

Ortiz serves himself up on a silver platter.
BoxingFan86

Did you catch the official weigh-in yesterday? If not, look here... http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...pWl3X6g7WQ85hD5

After watchin' that, do you think you made a smart bet?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 17 2011, 05:59 AM) *
Did you catch the official weigh-in yesterday? If not, look here... http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...pWl3X6g7WQ85hD5

After watchin' that, do you think you made a smart bet?

Ortiz reminded me of this starved Boxer that I confiscated from a dude that owed me money, deep in a previous millennium. Dog seemed skeletal but it made short work of my roommate's cat in the kitchen that day. Bit the poor pussy clean in half and gulped down a significant portion, bones and all, in the blink of an eye.
Method
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 17 2011, 08:59 AM) *

Floyd gets booed at the weigh-in? Vegas is his home, no?
TheFonz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 17 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Ortiz reminded me of this starved Boxer that I confiscated from a dude that owed me money, deep in a previous millennium. Dog seemed skeletal but it made short work of my roommate's cat in the kitchen that day. Bit the poor pussy clean in half and gulped down a significant portion, bones and all, in the blink of an eye.

You are one sick old man. clapping.gif Bravo clapping.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 17 2011, 06:38 AM) *
You are one sick old man. clapping.gif Bravo clapping.gif

Dog was hungry. Cat was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dog preferred fresh meat to the canned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.