Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd sparring partners vs Victor sparring partners?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
Kasssim Ouma, Sechew Powell, Deandre Latimore vs. Steve Forbes, Karl Dargan, and Tony Flores.

Who sparring partners have you confident that they are getting their guys ready
Method
I know Dargan is legit. Can't speak to the others on Ortiz's squad.

Bottom line, none of Ortiz's sparring guys are Floyd. I bet Dargan gives him some fkn good work though.
SENTRAL
Dargan is making a career out of being a sparring partner. He worked with Mosley for his fight with Mayweather also.
Method
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 11 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Dargan is making a career out of being a sparring partner. He worked with Mosley for his fight with Mayweather also.

He's been in Hopkins' camp for a long time.
SENTRAL
Yes indeed.

Does appear to be content to earn his money as a sparring partner. His career is moving very slowly.
SENTRAL
Btw, is Karl the brother of Mike? Mike being another guy content with being a sparring partner but accedited in some circles as having dropped Hopkins in sparring? Salt? Pinch? Most likely.
Method
Karl ain't all that old. 26-ish? He's got ~4 prime years to start doing something. I guess he's kinda old in comparison to some of the microwave "stars", but he's clocking some serious experience, had been for a while. The next few years will tell if he's legit on a bigger stage or weather he's just a "lifer" on the sparring circuit. I hope he does something. Be nice for the Philly scene. Same w Rock Allen. I don't know what it is about that Concrete Jungle Boxing Tribe where everything seems to kind of move along at a pace slower than pretty much everyone else...unless they love the sport as a hobby and just happen to be very good at it.

Karl & Mike are brothers. I don't know shit about him dropping Hopkins or not. I know some of Cintron's people were claiming the same shit, and it turned out to be garbage. Who knows. They've been w him a long long time.
leonthegee
Floyds got the better sparring partners. Kasims old but has expierince. Powell and Latimore are both jr middle contenders. Powells last fight was for the IBF title. You dont usually see top contenders working as sparring partners. But when Floyd comes knocking better believe the doors gonna be answered.
Cshel86
I know for a fact that Dargan is official for Ortiz's camp, but Im not familiar with the other two guys. Powell has decent power, Ouma is experienced of course, and Latimore is young gunner who can hang. Really, sparring partners dont really mean too much, because we dont know where they stand in regards to being in shape. Some of them may have just had a fight recently (Powell vs K-9 back in June) and are still somewhat in shape, and some may be getting in shape while serving as a sparring partner as we speak.
daprofessor
none of floyds sparring partners are as aggressive as victor....and none of victors sparring partners are as slick as floyd. with that being said....that kid flores is a solid ass fighter and has a bright future ahead of him. he's very slick for a mexican fighter and can punch with both hands.
TheFonz
2 pound is solid, as sparing partner and can mimick the mayweather style.
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 12 2011, 04:24 PM) *
2 pound is solid, as sparing partner and can mimick the mayweather style.

Im laughing at these past sparring partners that tried to emulate Floyd's style to help a fighter, lol. It actually looks convincing when you see it (especially the guy who helped Marquez), but they always find out otherwise on fight night. 2 Pounds is solid though! I forgot he used to spar with Floyd though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.