Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Cortez-Ref For Mayweather-Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Joe Cortez (wasn't he inducted into the boxing hall of fame?), could he play a big role in the outcome of the fight? Will he let Floyd use his elbows, would he break up the action the way he did the Hatton fight? Is Joe Cortez a good, balance and fair ref for this fight?
Praximo
WHAT! he's the ref for the fight seriously? >=O
Prov0
it doesnt matter who the Ref is Ortiz is still going to get a Whoopin.

the only way for Ortiz to be affective is to get inside ,Their already worried about what Floyd does inside its going to Frustrate Ortiz Floyd isnt going to stop using that elbow or his fore arm.now if Cortez breaks em up its all bad for Ortiz cause theres no way he outboxes Floyd .Floyd vs Hatton part 2 this Saturday.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
You know that 0.00005% chance Ortiz had of winning this fight? It is now an even zero. Shoot his chances may now be in the negatives.

Somebody somewhere should take sample of Steve Smoger's DNA so that in the future when human cloning is all the go boxing can just pump out a hundred Smoger's to officiate fights.
Lil-lightsout
Cortez sucks!

Here are some topics I think Allmenjoi8 could start sometime this week.

1- What music should Mayweather/Ortiz come into the ring during their walk?

2- What color trunks and gloves should Mayweather/Ortiz wear?

3- What should their pre-fight meals be?

4- In what order do they walk to the ring and who is introduced first?

These are just a few... I am sure she will think of some others.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 12 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Cortez sucks!

Lmao!!!..

"Do you think floyed prefers me to swallow or spit?"......

Lls....

(Yes ima floyed fan also)...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 12 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Cortez sucks!

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 12 2011, 01:57 AM) *
Cortez sucks!

???????
Cshel86

Uh ohhhh!!! Cortez?! Out of all people?! Yet, we stumble upon another obstacle for this PPV card. The Master Meddler will be present and whoring for some camera time. It kills me how this dude gets so worked up while officiating fights, I swear he almost loses his dentures if he talks too much. Im not sure he has 'em, but thats what it looks like, lol.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Remember guys, I'm fair but I'm firm! Touch 'em up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 12 2011, 10:32 AM) *
Remember guys, I'm fair but I'm firm! Touch 'em up.

Yeah, if he says anything more than that, then his dentures are sure to slip!
daprofessor
he's latino...so it would appear on paper that it favors ortiz...but the truth is, it favors floyd. he is a horrible ref and shouldn't be the third man in the ring on this one. look for constant warnings and point deductions for ortiz' dirty tactics. he bull rushes with his head and likes to punch behind the head. prior to hearing this...i was thinking floyd was going to be in for a rough fight. after hearing about the selection of joe cortez i'm convinced floyd may get some help.
Jack 1000
Cortez doesn't let fighters fight inside. Fighting inside is Ortiz's only change to make something happen in this fight. Now, more than ever, this is gonna be Mayweather-Hatton II as a best case scenario for Saturday night. (although Hatton pissed me off with all his holding in the Mayweather fight.)

Why Nevada does not use outside refs is stupid! Smoger and Christoudoulou are my favorite outside refs. Bayless I think is Nevada's best ref. Cortez puts himself in the picture too much. Fifteen years ago he was great, not now.

Jack
caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 12 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Cortez doesn't let fighters fight inside. Fighting inside is Ortiz's only change to make something happen in this fight. Now, more than ever, this is gonna be Mayweather-Hatton II as a best case scenario for Saturday night. (although Hatton pissed me off with all his holding in the Mayweather fight.)

Why Nevada does not use outside refs is stupid! Smoger and Christoudoulou are my favorite outside refs. Bayless I think is Nevada's best ref. Cortez puts himself in the picture too much. Fifteen years ago he was great, not now.

Jack

I was thinking that too Jack, he seems to feel more important all up in the action instead of letting the fighters fight! He has become an awful ref IMO the last few years!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 12 2011, 07:33 PM) *

Jack

Yeah Bayless is the best ref out there! He is intense and straight to the point. "N-N-N-N-No! Gentleman, that's a haaard warning!" - Kenny Bayless
Allmenjoi8
If I were to pick a song for Floyd to come out to it would be Rakim's "Guess Who's Back"

Cortez loves the camera hopefully he will let them fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 12 2011, 10:08 PM) *
If I were to pick a song for Floyd to come out to it would be Rakim's "Guess Who's Back"

Cortez loves the camera hopefully he will let them fight.

It will probably be another live performance by the guy with the tattooed smile...better known as 50 Cent. Let's just expect a triple-threat Star Power Match...Mayweather vs Ortiz vs Cortez...guess starring Cortez's dentures and tight uniform.
Hotsauce
somebody tell me that im dreaming???
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 12 2011, 11:19 PM) *
somebody tell me that im dreaming???

Nope! The Master Meddler will be there live and in full effect! Maybe we can all send GBP and the NSAC a letter stating that we wont order the fight if Cortez is the referee. Wait let's hold off on that...they may just call our bluff and throw Russell Mora in there to shake things up...
Cshel86
Let's expect Cortez to give Ortiz shit about using his head during the fight, and expect him to warning Mayweather about the elbow.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 15 2011, 08:17 PM) *
Let's expect Cortez to give Ortiz shit about using his head during the fight, and expect him to warning Mayweather about the elbow.

Expect Floyd to deserve a warning, dont expect him to get it.

No one wants to see Cortez, yet he seems to think that we cant get enough of him
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 12 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Is Joe Cortez a good, balance and fair ref for this fight?

No, no, no. If you asked is he incompetant, unfair & blatantly corrupt you would get a yes, yes, yes.

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Yeah Bayless is the best ref out there! He is intense and straight to the point. "N-N-N-N-No! Gentleman, that's a haaard warning!" - Kenny Bayless

LMAO classic Bayless.

You are rapidly becoming one of my favourite posters on here son. Keep up the good work.
iKeNjiro
people still finding ways to nutt hug and make excuses

outcome the same
Floyd By UD easy work
might even turn out like the Gatti Fight Like Robert said in his FH interview with Hype...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 17 2011, 12:08 AM) *
people still finding ways to nutt hug and make excuses

outcome the same
Floyd By UD easy work
might even turn out like the Gatti Fight Like Robert said in his FH interview with Hype...

For once you are talking sense Ken. This is a boy against a man, an A+ talent against a B level fighter. A total mismatch but Ortiz does have the face first type style which could bring out the better side of Mayweather.
iKeNjiro
yea....after watching both men, and seeing some shots of Ortiz Camp and Sparring
This is going to be bad....waste of a buy actually
After this he has to go on an Face a Martinez or Pac nothing else out there and Martinez is willing to come to 150 so yea let's make that happen
Cshel86
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 16 2011, 05:57 AM) *
LMAO classic Bayless.

You are rapidly becoming one of my favourite posters on here son. Keep up the good work.

Man Bayless kills my buzz when I hear him yelling and giving those hard warnings. Its hard to not laugh at though, lol. The Master Meddler will whore for his camera time and constantly display his delusions of adequacy throughout the course of the fight. I already feel the frustration and boredom of his antics marinating as we speak...
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 16 2011, 08:18 AM) *
yea....after watching both men, and seeing some shots of Ortiz Camp and Sparring
This is going to be bad....waste of a buy actually
After this he has to go on an Face a Martinez or Pac nothing else out there and Martinez is willing to come to 150 so yea let's make that happen

I wouldn't even keep my fingers crossed on these two opponents just yet. We all know how Floyd is, he will cook up another opponent and convince the public that he's a live body, while cashing in on another 8-figure payday. Besides, who all really knew that Ortiz was going to be his next opponent? Guess we will see after tomorrow. Good post!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.