Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angulo vs Kirklan, plus more
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sunni6Killer
danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

Main event on HBO's 11/5 card in Cancun likely to be Angulo vs Kirkland with either Erislandy Lara or Humberto Soto featured in the opener.

about 2 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn
Eighty88Eight
angulo by ko
Big Slim Sweet
Kirkland went from HBO's next big thing to cannon fodder in just a few months.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
It doesn't matter how much dog food Ann Wolfe makes James eat or how fast she chases after him in her truck this guy is geting stretched in 5 or less. I'm realling suprised Ann is throwing him to the wolves laugh.gif
flazi
no way he gets beat so quick. Angulo isn't all that good remember cintron took him deep and outboxed him. if angulo wins it would be like the julio fight, tko10.
King Eugene
I got Kirkland 5th round TKO
Cshel86
Kirkland better go balls to the wall on this one, or else. I would rather see him lose to Angulo, than an old Mayorga who has a chance to floor Kirkland with one of those wild ass punches.
King Eugene
Hell Kirkland and Angulo are damn near the same type of fighter. Angulo's chin has just proven to be better. Both of them are relentless and aim to finish fights before the final bell.
checkleft
I disagree, angulo is actually a better ring general and is the better boxer. Kirkland has always been very sloppy and open through the middle. The fight before he got kod on like telefutura he was fighting some bum and got stunned a couple of times. Angulo was stepping up very well before the visa problems I expect him to pick up where he left off
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 13 2011, 07:22 PM) *
Hell Kirkland and Angulo are damn near the same type of fighter. Angulo's chin has just proven to be better.

Exactly why most are picking Angulo by early stoppage.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 14 2011, 02:05 PM) *
I disagree, angulo is actually a better ring general and is the better boxer. Kirkland has always been very sloppy and open through the middle. The fight before he got kod on like telefutura he was fighting some bum and got stunned a couple of times. Angulo was stepping up very well before the visa problems I expect him to pick up where he left off

Bingo! Anyone who can throw any semblance of a straight right will hurt Kirkland who has to be one of the most hittable guys out there. People forget that even before this guy went to the slammer he was getting hit and hurt by journeyman type fighters.

I said KO by 5 but the more I think about it it may not even go 3.
Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 13 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Hell Kirkland and Angulo are damn near the same type of fighter. Angulo's chin has just proven to be better. Both of them are relentless and aim to finish fights before the final bell.

+1
Angulo has the chin of a true Mexican, and Kirkland has a Ritz cracker chin that got crumbled by an unknown feather-fist...live on PPV.

Angulo's chin:

Kirkland's chin:
King Eugene
Career suicide for Kirkland. Now this is one case where I think a fighter needs the money. He cant box like Cintron and has the chin of a styrafoam cup. This wont go past 5.
BoxingEinstein

Would love to see Angulo face Vanes or Lara.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 13 2011, 06:42 PM) *
I got Kirkland 5th round TKO

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 29 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Career suicide for Kirkland. Now this is one case where I think a fighter needs the money. He cant box like Cintron and has the chin of a styrafoam cup. This wont go past 5.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
kidbazooka1
Angulo will KO Kirkland within 3 in brutal fashion.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 29 2011, 10:33 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Funny how things change huh? LMAO
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 15 2011, 04:59 AM) *
+1
Angulo has the chin of a true Mexican, and Kirkland has a Ritz cracker chin that got crumbled by an unknown feather-fist...live on PPV.

Angulo's chin:

Kirkland's chin:

An excellent in-depth analysis there cshel and one I can't argue with. Kirkland will be eyeing up the 'situations vacant' for a position as a nightclub bouncer come Monday after the fight.

Unfortunately he won't be able to hold on to that job either after he gets laid out by a female patron's handbag.
TheFonz
I remember Kirkland taking flush shots from a HARD hitting Joel Julio a few years back on FNF and still keep comming until he stopped Julio. I don't know what happened to his chin in the last fight but it wasn't always so....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Oct 1 2011, 01:31 AM) *
I remember Kirkland taking flush shots from a HARD hitting Joel Julio a few years back on FNF and still keep comming until he stopped Julio. I don't know what happened to his chin in the last fight but it wasn't always so....

Actually that fight was the exception. Kirkland has been buzzed in MANY fights before and since. Don't worry Ritz Cracker chin aint going 3 rounds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 30 2011, 03:01 AM) *
An excellent in-depth analysis there cshel and one I can't argue with. Kirkland will be eyeing up the 'situations vacant' for a position as a nightclub bouncer come Monday after the fight.

Unfortunately he won't be able to hold on to that job either after he gets laid out by a female patron's handbag.

Ishida only had 5 KO wins on his record before he cleaned Kirkland's clock. Thats like getting knocked out by Malignaggi or Calderon, smh. Must have been a bad case of karma coming for Kirkland, or a hard lesson learned for somebody who wrecklessly comes in head first. Angulo wont have any mercy on that ass, I promise.
xxxxxx
I like this fight. Should be entertaining for as long as it lasts. The winner takes a big step towards a title fight.
TheFonz
I just don't remember when was the last time there was a guy that went from displaying a bad chin, to displaying good chin, to going back to having a bad chin. If good chin Kirkland shows up, he beats Anculo. If bad chin Kirkland shows up, he gets blasted out of there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.