Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will Pacquiao TKO Mayweather or KO him?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
gravytrain
we all know Mayweather is scared to come get his fade. the real question is whether Pac knocks him out or just stops him. i say Leo Ellerbe tosses a tear soaked towel into the ring and stops it in 5.
mrwigi
POPPYCOCK!!
Cshel86
Due to Floyd's defense, I dont see a flush punch landing to the point that it completely cleans his clock. If a stoppage does occur, it will more than likely happen by way of accumulation, which is the worse stoppage in my opinion. The only dummy that will go down in history for getting KTFO by Pac, would be Ricky Hatton. Everybody else knew what they were up against, so they fell short due to the accumulation factor. We may see Tweety Bird (Bradley) get knocked out like this by Pac, if that fight ever happens.
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Due to Floyd's defense, I dont see a flush punch landing to the point that it completely cleans his clock. If a stoppage does occur, it will more than likely happen by way of accumulation, which is the worse stoppage in my opinion. The only dummy that will go down in history for getting KTFO by Pac, would be Ricky Hatton. Everybody else knew what they were up against, so they fell short due to the accumulation factor. We may see Tweety Bird (Bradley) get knocked out like this by Pac, if that fight ever happens.

you're overlooking Mayweather being scared of the Brown Beast from the East. he's been ducking him. he'll hit him so hard Mayweather will be permanently cross eyed after the fight.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 13 2011, 03:58 PM) *
you're overlooking Mayweather being scared of the Brown Beast from the East. he's been ducking him. he'll hit him so hard Mayweather will be permanently cross eyed after the fight.

That would be beautiful...TKO IN 8!
mrwigi
i wouldnt be surprised if Floyd was the one who KO's manny.
mgrover
not idea but it probably will be the only way he'll win cant see him taking a decision
Xception2ThRule
Pacquiao will have the same reach disadvantage as Marquez did against Mayweather. You need someone long AND skilled to beat Floyd. Pacquiao doesn't even possess a fucking jab.

To quote Roger Mayweather:
"Most people don't know shit boxin'."
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 13 2011, 04:58 PM) *

We've all seen guys that weren't sure of themselves, get in there against Pac and not get KO'd out cold. If this is the case with Floyd, then he has enough clout to hold out on the fight, unlike the other guys that Pac fought (who either needed the money). Oscar was just a jerk for signing that bogus contract to fight him in the first place.
MrChampagne123
Uhm By Flash KO is the only way I see manny winning this fight. Other wise SD or TKO goes to Floyd. I dont see Floyd as ducking any1 I see Floyd as being a buisness man making as much money as possible. so what he didnt fight cotto Bob Arum himself didnt want to pit Cotto against Money he said Cotto wasnt ready after the gatti fight. So what he didnt fight Margarito he fought de la hoya instead. When it all coes down to it. in all of Manny fights he has been there to hit. he gets hit. margarito tagged him alot in that lopsided beat down. but thats just my observation
flazi
wait, since paq is the goat of goats and king of kings, wouldn't he be merciful and extend the beating 12 rounds? lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Sep 13 2011, 05:15 PM) *

he can't knock him out while trying to coast to a decision.

QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Sep 13 2011, 05:40 PM) *
Pacquiao will have the same reach disadvantage as Marquez did against Mayweather. You need someone long AND skilled to beat Floyd. Pacquiao doesn't even possess a fucking jab.

To quote Roger Mayweather:
"Most people don't know shit boxin'."

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 05:44 PM) *
We've all seen guys that weren't sure of themselves, get in there against Pac and not get KO'd out cold. If this is the case with Floyd, then he has enough clout to hold out on the fight, unlike the other guys that Pac fought (who either needed the money). Oscar was just a jerk for signing that bogus contract to fight him in the first place.

they got shutout too.

QUOTE (MrChampagne123 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:05 PM) *
Uhm By Flash KO is the only way I see manny winning this fight. Other wise SD or TKO goes to Floyd. I dont see Floyd as ducking any1 I see Floyd as being a buisness man making as much money as possible. so what he didnt fight cotto Bob Arum himself didnt want to pit Cotto against Money he said Cotto wasnt ready after the gatti fight. So what he didnt fight Margarito he fought de la hoya instead. When it all coes down to it. in all of Manny fights he has been there to hit. he gets hit. margarito tagged him alot in that lopsided beat down. but thats just my observation

Pussy Boy Floyd is going to get his ass kicked
bosco
I don't see nothing Pac-man can do to beat Floyd....Pac-man really doesn't want Floyd...he said he's satisfied with his accomplishments and he might retire after this fight with Marquez. He said he'll make an announcement soon...He don't want any part of Mayweather
gravytrain
QUOTE (bosco @ Sep 13 2011, 06:51 PM) *
I don't see nothing Pac-man can do to beat Floyd....Pac-man really doesn't want Floyd...he said he's satisfied with his accomplishments and he might retire after this fight with Marquez. He said he'll make an announcement soon...He don't want any part of Mayweather

the fade was waiting on him but the only way Mayweather could get it's if he wanted to go the barbershop. as we can see he wasn't even thinking about a line up.
Xception2ThRule
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 13 2011, 06:39 PM) *

Pussy Boy Floyd is going to get his ass kicked

Once again, to quote Roger Mayweather: "Most people don't know shit about boxin'," and this is especially true for ESPN commentators like Mike Wilbon.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Sep 13 2011, 06:56 PM) *
Once again, to quote Roger Mayweather: "Most people don't know shit about boxin,'" and this is especially true for ESPN commentators such as Mike Wilbon.

Roger Mayweather must not know shit about boxing either, he sounds like he's dementia from all those ass whoopins he got. cats got him with punches so sweet they gave him sugar. little Mayweather is going to get stuck more than Roger's fingertips
caneman
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Cshel86
Well the only guys that I've seen successful/nearly successful against him, are guys who weren't going in there and hoping to knock him out because they had no other way of beating him. Most guys who go for a ko tend to take the easy way out in fights, and we all see how Pac looks when he's stuck in there with a knowledgeable boxer that he's not able to maul in the first half of the fight. Gotta give it to JMM and Morales for making that plain, or do we have Pacnesia all of a sudden?
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Well the only guys that I've seen successful/nearly successful against him, are guys who weren't going in there and hoping to knock him out because they had no other way of beating him. Most guys who go for a ko tend to take the easy way out in fights, and we all see how Pac looks when he's stuck in there with a boxer (who knows what they are doing) that he isn't able to maul in the first half of the fight. Gotta give it to JMM and Morales for making that plain, or do we have Pacnesia all of a sudden?

we remember what happened to Morales after that fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 13 2011, 07:05 PM) *
we remember what happened to Morales after that fight.

Are you referring to the 2nd and 3rd fight?
caneman
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:07 PM) *
Are you referring to the 2nd and 3rd fight?

It doesn't matter too much does it? But just think, he made a real warrior quit...oh yea it must have been the PED's!
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 13 2011, 07:15 PM) *
It doesn't matter too much does it? But just think, he made a real warrior quit...oh yea it must have been the PED's!

Trust me, I dont do the PED talk, so I wont even entertain that portion of your response. Other than that, Morales was scrambled eggs (in my opinion) after their first fight, and I believe he was even done before their first fight because of those Barrera wars. I just believe that Morales/Pacquiao 1 was Morale's last hurrah, and Pac simply beat him into retirement.

Tjrjr
So Pac will EASILY just KO Floyd? Based on what? his one punch KO of Hatton that has no defense, no head movement, and swings wild as to leave himself open for a clean shot??? So, Floyd fights the same as Hatton and will be vulnerable for a clean shot to Knock him out just like that?? Pac's only chance of stopping floyd is a TKO. But even that would be difficult based on Floyd's defense. Hell, once mosley started moving back, he couldn't get to him and didn't KO old man mosley. how's he gonna get to the best defense fighter of our era??

And, i would say May has a better chance of stopping Pac simply because of his accurate punches. if he decides to open up and make a statement and not just try to outbox pac (which he also could do) then Pac's lack of Defense will make him an easy target. (and if you think this is a dumb comment, then see pac's face after cotto and clottey, who by they way, barely even threw any punches!) if they can land clean shots to mess pac's face up, what do you think floyd will do, with his accuracy??

just my thoughts ...peace!!
caneman
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:38 PM) *
Trust me, I dont do the PED talk, so I wont even entertain that portion of your response. Other than that, Morales was scrambled eggs (in my opinion) after their first fight, and I believe he was even done before their first fight because of those Barrera wars. I just believe that Morales/Pacquiao 1 was Morale's last hurrah, and Pac simply beat him into retirement.

Yet he took Maidana to the limit, that man is 1 amazing warrior, maybe to much so for his own good! I really don't want him taking anymore punishment, I still love seeing him fight but respect the guy so much that I really don't wanna see him hurt for my entertainment honestly!
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 13 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Yet he took Maidana to the limit, that man is 1 amazing warrior, maybe to much so for his own good! I really don't want him taking anymore punishment, I still love seeing him fight but respect the guy so much that I really don't wanna see him hurt for my entertainment honestly!

Yeah, I was just as skeptical about the Maidana fight, as I was when the Matthysse fight was announced. El Terrible is too Mexican for his own good, but like you said, he is entertaining to watch. He shouldn't have even went through with the Pacquiao trilogy after the first fight, but Im sure there was a rematch clause, more money involved, and the fact that he is too Mexican for his own good, that led him into it.
Eighty88Eight
despite the sarcasm of the topic, i do actually think Pac will likely stop Mayweather at some point.
mrwigi
I dont understand how anybody thinks floyd will get ko'd. The man has never really been knocked down. I like pac just as much as may, but come on.. This is hysterical.
Eighty88Eight
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Sep 13 2011, 08:50 PM) *
I dont understand how anybody thinks floyd will get ko'd. The man has never really been knocked down. I like pac just as much as may, but come on.. This is hysterical.

he's been hit cleanly a handful of times and he never seemed to withstand punishment very well. a couple jabs by Oscar busted his eye up, a few Augustus right hands had him bleeding continuously from the nose, Corely hurt him pretty badly, Judah moved Mayweather around when he landed punches. Mosley, of course. i like Mayweather and Pac equally more or less (depending on who's fight is nearer), but I don't think Mayweather can stand up for 12 rounds against Pacquiao, unless he gets on the tricycle.
caneman
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Sep 13 2011, 07:50 PM) *

So Chop Chop and Mosley can rock him yet no one could stop him? Dude, remember they said that about Roy Jones Jr? He was the same age with no lay offs!
Jack 1000
Gotta say neither one in this post,

Floyd is Pacquio's Marquez. (only worse for Manny.) We know the clseness of the two Pacquiao-Marquez fights, and Floyd pitched a shutout against Marquez. Floyd will use his jab/speed to stay on the outside. He won't let Manny into a war situation. A UD for Floyd of 116-112 on all cards.

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Tjrjr @ Sep 13 2011, 08:02 PM) *
So Pac will EASILY just KO Floyd? Based on what? his one punch KO of Hatton that has no defense, no head movement, and swings wild as to leave himself open for a clean shot??? So, Floyd fights the same as Hatton and will be vulnerable for a clean shot to Knock him out just like that?? Pac's only chance of stopping floyd is a TKO. But even that would be difficult based on Floyd's defense. Hell, once mosley started moving back, he couldn't get to him and didn't KO old man mosley. how's he gonna get to the best defense fighter of our era??

And, i would say May has a better chance of stopping Pac simply because of his accurate punches. if he decides to open up and make a statement and not just try to outbox pac (which he also could do) then Pac's lack of Defense will make him an easy target. (and if you think this is a dumb comment, then see pac's face after cotto and clottey, who by they way, barely even threw any punches!) if they can land clean shots to mess pac's face up, what do you think floyd will do, with his accuracy??

just my thoughts ...peace!!

Mosley ran all night. that's like asking how Tyson could knock people out after Tillis ran away all night. it just happens and all you can hope is he doesn't break their spine with his punches.

QUOTE (mrwigi @ Sep 13 2011, 08:50 PM) *

he's never fought Manny Pacquiao either.
streetlion1
The question should be....will Mayweather TKO Pacquiao or K.O. him?? I see nothing in the overrated Pacquiao that makes me think he has the skill or style to compete with Mayweather.
caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 13 2011, 08:19 PM) *

Floyd is Pacquio's Marquez. (only worse for Manny.) We know the clseness of the two Pacquiao-Marquez fights, and Floyd pitched a shutout against Marquez. Floyd will use his jab/speed to stay on the outside. He won't let Manny into a war situation. A UD for Floyd of 116-112 on all cards.

Jack

I have actually said 115-113 for a couple of years now...I hope I am wrong and FMJ bangs with Pac! I think they should make it close and fight again
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 13 2011, 09:19 PM) *

Jack

well Pac is going to whoop Marquez's ass too so i agree with some of what you're saying.

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 13 2011, 09:25 PM) *
The question should be....will Mayweather TKO Pacquiao or K.O. him?? I see nothing in the overrated Pacquiao that makes me think he has the skill or style to compete with Mayweather.

well he made Cotto bleed, sweat and cry so next thing you know he'll get your boy Mayweather too.

Mayweather wont KO anyone, he's a little Bitchko. he coasts worse than Wlad and Vitali. that cat coast to coast like Space Ghost, i would rather watch Holyfield in a fight for custody.
caneman
lolzzzzzz! Gravy you are killing me these days! I love it!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 13 2011, 07:19 PM) *

Jack

This is the only common sense post in this whole thread.+
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 14 2011, 11:38 AM) *

Y'know I took this view as well until Morales fought Maidana who was a supposed beast and a guy who almost ruined the careers of 2 young fighters and Erik took everything he thew at him and wanted more.

When you consider how he was able to stand up to a guy like that, and at a weight that is clearly not his best, it does make what Pac did to him (basically quitting in the 3rd fight) that much more incredible, even though that was a past his prime Morales. I liken it a bit to what Tyson did to Holmes and Toney did to Holyfield, basically owned guys whom had never been owned before and who went on to fight and never got owned that way again.

Oh and Pac KO by 6!! If Molsey can clean clock Floyd than so can the GOAT, but instead unlike Mosley he will finish him clean off.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Sep 13 2011, 04:15 PM) *

most likely scenario.... but it great for people to dream... lol...
lloyd mayflower
Manny will do the impossible, he will TKO Floyd, then KO him, then outpoint him. Easily.
riddick
If Manny won, only by decision... Pac can't stop Clottey, Mosley, Cotto (Kenny Baylis wrong stop), Oscar take much clean punches but was rtd.And Floyd have better defense than these guys and he have a good chin.
STEVENSKI
All bow to the might of gravy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (riddick @ Sep 14 2011, 08:15 AM) *
If Manny won, only by decision... Pac can't stop Clottey, Mosley, Cotto (Kenny Baylis wrong stop), Oscar take much clean punches but was rtd.And Floyd have better defense than these guys and he have a good chin.

That was actually a reasonable stoppage on Bayless's part. The perfect stoppage would've been about 4 rounds earlier, when Cotto realized that he had nothing left and ended up going into survival mode.
Prov0
Manny wont knockout Floyd. Manny does Not have one punch power he throws punches in bunches .he will have problems with Floyds D i wouldnt be surprised if Manny Trips over Mays feet when pac comes in tryin .Pac will try to come in all night he has way shorter reach than Floyd .Floyds left hook lands all night .Roach stops this fight in 9 rounds .
sandra
I say KO! Mayweather will experience the comatose of his Life....by straight left hook of PACMAN, will sending mayweather to kiss the canvass and im sure his consolation prize will be spent to his hospital bills!!! This match should have been finished if it wasn't Floyd who was always ducking Manny! I know Manny wants this fight, I just hope Floyd stops pushing his stupid demands so that we'll see this match before Manny's retirement smile.gif But we all have to be patiently wait untill they settle their issues. And I have a feeling that it's gonna happen after the upcoming two big year-end bouts.. floyd-ortiz on sept.17 and pac-jmm on nov.12 for those who wants to see Pacquiao vs Marquez 3, I wanna share this to you guys, check this out http://www.gogvm.com/membership/buytickets.php win VIP tickets here. biggrin.gif
caneman
I think it's great that the mites around here are 1/2 ass tripping over threads like this when the rest of us have been putting up with it in reverse for months, one other thing one punch would be the easiest way to beat may but it's the repeat punches that could get him!!! Blah blah may is too fast, PAC is very fast himself, could be faster if it's combo that actually have something behind them! Looks like we will find out this coming year!
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 14 2011, 01:35 PM) *
I think it's great that the mites around here are 1/2 ass tripping over threads like this when the rest of us have been putting up with it in reverse for months, one other thing one punch would be the easiest way to beat may but it's the repeat punches that could get him!!! Blah blah may is too fast, PAC is very fast himself, could be faster if it's combo that actually have something behind them! Looks like we will find out this coming year!

Marquez said Pac hits harder than Mayweather and Pac is probably one of the bigger hitters at 147 right now. he can put power on all of his shots too. Mosley caught Mayweather with a simple 1 2, Pac can jump in and get off 4 punches in the same amount of time. he'll hit Mayweather more times than Holyfield's been hit with paternity test. and Pretty Bitch Flo is the father, Pac will tax that ass.

QUOTE (riddick @ Sep 14 2011, 08:15 AM) *

Clottey and Mosley didn't come to fight, they barely engaged. Cotto and DLH got their asses kicked.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 14 2011, 07:46 AM) *
Manny will do the impossible, he will TKO Floyd, then KO him, then outpoint him. Easily.

+1

i agree with this post 10^34534534554345%.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 14 2011, 08:47 AM) *
All bow to the might of gravy.

through Manny Pacquiao all things are possible.
mgrover
it won't happen. so stop living in a dream land and move onto the better part of boxing. local bouts when opponents are still hungry and its still fun to watch a boxing show with your mates wink.gif

these two arent the warriors they once were. monies and the media have made them something else.
Crafty
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 13 2011, 04:56 PM) *

Floyd has a great defense I agree, but in each of his last few fights there has been a moment where he got hit clean. Against Mosley, Marquez, and Judah he got hit flush.

Now, we can all probably predict a Floyd-Pacman outcome much better after each's respective fight. But I think if Ortiz can't beat Mayweather, neither can Pacquiao.
Tjrjr
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 13 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Mosley ran all night. that's like asking how Tyson could knock people out after Tillis ran away all night. it just happens and all you can hope is he doesn't break their spine with his punches.

he's never fought Manny Pacquiao either.

Have you ever heard of cutting off the ring??? i'm sure Pac has, and still wasn't able to do it.
Method
QUOTE (Tjrjr @ Sep 14 2011, 03:46 PM) *
Have you ever heard of cutting off the ring??? i'm sure Pac has, and still wasn't able to do it.

Yeah, I've heard of cutting off the ring. What Mosley was doing made it damn near impossible to solve by merely "cutting off the ring". Mosley pulled a Hakkar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.