Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mexican Living Legends
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
With Morales fight coming up this weekend I've been going back and watching some of his old fights just to get me in the mood for a potential good fight coming up. After a few fights I came to ask myself how the fuck can you not love Morales? Yea he may have been a dick head but hot damn that dude came to fight every time out. My memory may be bad but I can only remember one fight of him just out right quiting but that was because he just knew he was out gunned. With Morales you may have him pinned on the ropes and get a good four to five shots off but you can guarantee he was coming back with an assault of his own. He was relentless and had tons of heart. For fucks sakes he finished a 12 round competitive fight with Maidana with a shut eye after the first round and to add coming off of a five year layoff. I'm sorry but they just dont make them like this anymore. Yes there are plenty of fighters with big hearts but not many with big hearts with the amount of skilled Morales displayed. This is the stuff boxing is missing.

I've also added some vids of Barrera and JMM. Both of these guys also have the heart of a lion and skills that by far pass almost all of todays active fighters. When folks hear of Mexican fighters they automatically think hard nose, granite chin, no skills, swing for the hills, face first fighters but when describing these three guys, the mexican stereotype goes smooth out the window.

Discuss...

Cshel86
The pride of El Norte Tijuana Medicoooo (Mexico)... Erik El Terribleeeee Mooooraleeeeeessss!!! Morales, Barrera, and Marquez are the best Mexican fighters of my era!
King Eugene
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 14 2011, 10:52 PM) *
All the definition of what enthusiasts love about boxing. Morales v Maidana really showed just how great Morales was - and he very nearly pulled it off. I will always root for JMM, even when the task looks hopeless. It would have been special if Barrera had happened to be in fighting shape and able to step in for Matthysse.

Man that would have been great. Hell thats a main event fight on its on.
Lil-lightsout
What the fvck is wrong with you? You act like this is some damn BOXING forum.

We NEED more Mayweather threads up in here!!!

I never like Morales, he was such a cry baby. Though he did make for exciting fights.

I loved watching a prime Barrera fight, he was a beast.

JMM got better with age and is still going strong.

Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 14 2011, 11:10 PM) *
Man that would have been great. Hell thats a main event fight on its on.

Tell me about it! They should've announced it, then called it off, just to get people to demand it again.
BigG
Man its still

1. Morales 2. Marquez 3. Barrera to me but all are close
Cshel86
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 14 2011, 11:16 PM) *
What the fvck is wrong with you? You act like this is some damn BOXING forum.

We NEED more Mayweather threads up in here!!!

I never like Morales, he was such a cry baby. Though he did make for exciting fights.

I loved watching a prime Barrera fight, he was a beast.

JMM got better with age and is still going strong.

I have noticed that over the past few years. Since he got through that 1st Pacquiao Tsunami, he has fought with great dedication, as if every fight was his last.
Barrera was nothing to take lightly...even when he lost a fight, he fought on like he was undefeated...like he had nothing to lose. He took those two losses to Junior Jones as if it was nothing.
flazi
Barrera was nothing to take lightly...even when he lost a fight, he fought on like he was undefeated...like he had nothing to lose. He took those two losses to Junior Jones as if it was nothing.

As a matter of fact, he completely retooled after those loses and was damn near unbeatable.
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Sep 15 2011, 03:56 PM) *
As a matter of fact, he completely retooled after those loses and was damn near unbeatable.

+1
STEVENSKI
Fuck Morales is one of my favourites in my lifetime. I cried when Pac beat him.
Fitz
What Lopez were you thinking of when you made this thread? Better have been a fighter, and hoping not some random dude you been thinking about

smile.gif
Fitz
Yep, all hail Morales.

Big fan of Morales.
Cshel86
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 16 2011, 05:58 AM) *
Fuck Morales is one of my favourites in my lifetime. I cried when Pac beat him.

Lmao! I believe I was too drunk to cry that night, but El Terrible went out bad.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 16 2011, 06:06 AM) *
What Lopez were you thinking of when you made this thread? Better have been a fighter, and hoping not some random dude you been thinking about

smile.gif

Hahahaha!!! Nah, Im pretty sure King meant to say Marquez. Besides, I can't even think of a Lopez off the top of my head dntknw.gif ...well not a great Mexican one anyway.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 16 2011, 03:06 AM) *

smile.gif

I think it was JMML (Juan Manuel Marquez Lopez) focus.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 16 2011, 11:06 AM) *
I think it was JMML (Juan Manuel Marquez Lopez) focus.gif

Yeah its kinda easy to get the two confused...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.