Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather - the best fighter ever.Hate it or love it.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
riddick

rolleyes_anim.gif
My opinion - Floyd in TOP5 most skilled fighters of all time.His skills like Leonard, Jones... Honestly, I can't say that Money better than Leo and Jones, his sport achievements not higher too.But i can't say that Floyd have worse skills.That's why i allow call him the best.
I hope Floyd prove that he one of the best alltime (top10) in 2012 and retire undefeated.
caneman

riddick
caneman, do you spend time on site for gays?ha-ha-ha
Crafty
Why don't we wait until Sunday before we claim anything. We might find that he is not even the best fighter Saturday night.
riddick
QUOTE (Crafty @ Sep 15 2011, 08:22 AM) *
Why don't we wait until Sunday

i know future cool.gif
Method
Sad day when we're getting our boxing info from Forbes.
mgrover
its not that he cant box. i love the fact he wins because of his boxing ability instead of power or speed. but his opposition lately has been questionable. hes been taking easy fights. ali way past his prime was still in wars. the closest thing mayweathers been to a war is a little skirmish. its like the klits just because there destroying the competition doesnt make them the best ever.
SENTRAL
When I saw the thread title I thought, ah, this should be fun and looked forward to debating with the poster, riddick.  Then I read the post and my heart sunk a little.  Nothing to see here type post.  Basically I'll be up for debating with anyone on this subject matter because I question how much, or should I say, how little, historical boxing knowledge people who write these outlandish comments actually have.  In riddicks case it is apparent that he cannot even string a few words together in a coherent manner let alone enter into a debate.  Oh well, maybe somebody else will save this thread?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 15 2011, 02:08 PM) *
When I saw the thread title I thought, ah, this should be fun and looked forward to debating with the poster, riddick.  Then I read the post and my heart sunk a little.  Nothing to see here type post.  Basically I'll be up for debating with anyone on this subject matter because I question how much, or should I say, how little, historical boxing knowledge people who write these outlandish comments actually have.  In riddicks case it is apparent that he cannot even string a few words together in a coherent manner let alone enter into a debate.  Oh well, maybe somebody else will save this thread?

Awwwww!

Well in that case get yourself along to one of the current Manny Pacquiao appreciation threads. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside just too be in there posting your memories and experiences of Manny's greatness.
Cshel86

Surely you could have found somebody to proofread this before posting it. There is an edit button at the bottom and a spellcheck button at the top, and guess what...they are totally free of charge!
Jhill47
If that's how the guy feels then who are we to say he can't feel that way. All of this is strictly opinionated anyway and will always be up for debate. Just because a person feels a fighter is the greatest in their opinion doesn't make it right nor does it make wrong. A lot of you guys give novice boxing fans a hard time for voicing their thoughts about Floyd and Manny now if ur defense some of this shit is just stupid so I understand. But in this case this is just a guy stating who the greatest fighter of all time is in his opinion I honestly don't see anything wrong wit that but that's just me. ( kanye west shrug)
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Sep 15 2011, 08:25 AM) *
If that's how the guy feels then who are we to say he can't feel that way. All of this is strictly opinionated anyway and will always be up for debate. Just because a person feels a fighter is the greatest in their opinion doesn't make it right nor does it make wrong. A lot of you guys give novice boxing fans a hard time for voicing their thoughts about Floyd and Manny now if ur defense some of this shit is just stupid so I understand. But in this case this is just a guy stating who the greatest fighter of all time is in his opinion I honestly don't see anything wrong wit that but that's just me. ( kanye west shrug)

He could have felt that in any of 100 threads about his hero focus.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Sep 15 2011, 11:25 AM) *

Being a novice boxing fan is not a problem at all, but being a Pactard or Floydiot is another story. Floyd this, Manny that, steroids this, OSDT that, take the test, blah blah blah...it gets old! Sometimes these guys are Floydiots and Pactards, but cant even state basic facts. The quickest way to get toasted on here, is to have little to no posts at all in conjuction with talking about Mayweather/Pacquiao...I swear this subject has been beat to death. Outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao, most of these guys have no other significant boxing knowledge to contribute...and they are useful because?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (riddick @ Sep 15 2011, 08:15 AM) *

rolleyes_anim.gif
My opinion - Floyd in TOP5 most skilled fighters of all time.His skills like Leonard, Jones... Honestly, I can't say that Money better than Leo and Jones, his sport achievements not higher too.But i can't say that Floyd have worse skills.That's why i allow call him the best.
I hope Floyd prove that he one of the best alltime (top10) in 2012 and retire undefeated.

No offense but the content and form (grammar) of your post are terrible.
KookedKrack
Not sure if this is a troll thread.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 15 2011, 04:49 PM) *
Not sure if this is a troll thread.

Na all riddicks posts are like that
Cshel86
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 15 2011, 12:45 PM) *
No offense but the content and form (grammar) of your post are terrible.

+1
PColeman28
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 15 2011, 07:01 AM) *
its not that he cant box. i love the fact he wins because of his boxing ability instead of power or speed. but his opposition lately has been questionable. hes been taking easy fights. ali way past his prime was still in wars. the closest thing mayweathers been to a war is a little skirmish. its like the klits just because there destroying the competition doesnt make them the best ever.

This is a valid point...So my question is...Is there enough talent in welterweight since he's been in the division to even take him to war? no one he's fight since he left 135 has taken him to war. would he have went to war with fighters like cotto, margarito, paul williams (when he was in 147), if not then we very well have a klits situation in welterweight mayweather of course being the klits... of course this conversation assumes he beats ortiz saturday, and that hasn't happened yet so i guess we'll see what's up on sunday
Eighty88Eight
the only thing i hate is you, tc
sandra
the beast fighter! LOL
we still got Pacman,, he's the p4p king, so he's still the best fighter.
And besides, this chicken doesn't even got the balls to face Pac! His stupid demands are perfect strategies to avoid Manny! tsk tsk.. Poor guy.
I'll just go cheer up for my champ Manny Pacman! I know he'll give us a good show! Manny never failed me.. so watch out marquez,, train hard!
For those who wants to see this clash,, check this out http://www.gogvm.com/membership/buytickets.php -you might see pac vs jmm fight in person!! ciao biggrin.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (sandra @ Sep 15 2011, 02:16 PM) *
the beast fighter! LOL
we still got Pacman,, he's the p4p king, so he's still the best fighter.
And besides, this chicken doesn't even got the balls to face Pac! His stupid demands are perfect strategies to avoid Manny! tsk tsk.. Poor guy.
I'll just go cheer up for my champ Manny Pacman! I know he'll give us a good show! Manny never failed me.. so watch out marquez,, train hard!
For those who wants to see this clash,, check this out http://www.gogvm.com/membership/buytickets.php -you might see pac vs jmm fight in person!! ciao biggrin.gif

Spam post perhaps? Again, I've seen this in a few threads this week.
jlupi
floyd is very, very good but goat? he arguably lost to JCC's sparring partner who had squeaked by S. Johnson.
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 15 2011, 02:03 PM) *
This is a valid point...So my question is...Is there enough talent in welterweight since he's been in the division to even take him to war? no one he's fight since he left 135 has taken him to war. would he have went to war with fighters like cotto, margarito, paul williams (when he was in 147), if not then we very well have a klits situation in welterweight mayweather of course being the klits... of course this conversation assumes he beats ortiz saturday, and that hasn't happened yet so i guess we'll see what's up on sunday

Demarcus Corley gave 'em a good scrap at 140, Zab Judah gave 'em a good scrap at 147 (while Zab's stamina held up), and Oscar made it hard for him to get off at 154 (though he started to dial in from the 7th round on). He has had some easy fights since then, but his rough patches in fights happen in spurts...or one spurt (ask Mosley). His skills will take forever to diminish, but his age will begin to play a part sooner than later.
gravytrain
Pacquiao should crush your skull just for making this thread. it's blasphemy. there's one God of boxing and it's Pacquiao. no wonder Bitchweather is scared of him.
mrwigi
i dont know about ever, but he is definitely one of the greatest fighters of my generation.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Yo! I just watched the video interview with Danny Garcia, and I think that dude is buggin'. He may be inhaling too many fumes from his Coca-Cola truck when he's on the clock. He's a part time trainer. It's hard to study film and drive a rig at the same time. He must not know that boxing is jealous. It rewards only the people that devote themselves to boxing ONLY. When it comes to fighters, it shows. It also shows when it comes to the trainers. Danny must not really be watching the tapes correctly if he says that Floyd doesn't shoot good shots from inside. Isn't that the reason that you're complaining so much about the elbows? That's the full benefit of using the forearm. It's to create a little space to deliver a fast, short, and accurate counter punch. The part about the counter punches he got right. Some of that other stuff he's saying just makes me think he hasn't watched enough film, or he's going to send his fighter out there to get decimated. I'd like to see the look on Coach Danny's face if he has to throw in the towel to rescue his pup. Coach Danny, you have 36 hours to study film and devise a gameplan that's better than what I'm hearing now. As of this minute, your fighter is going in the ring underestimating the best fighter in the world.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Ok, so after I watched Danny's interview (and posted my last post), I saw Roger's interview has been posted. I've only watched 1:13 seconds of it, and he's already said almost the same thing I just said in my last post. The media is cold too, because they ran straight to Roger and just spilled what Danny was saying. Like to make Danny the butt of Roger's joke while they laugh at him. This sport is something else, but I love it.
PColeman28
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 15 2011, 11:31 AM) *
Demarcus Corley gave 'em a good scrap at 140, Zab Judah gave 'em a good scrap at 147 (while Zab's stamina held up), and Oscar made it hard for him to get off at 154 (though he started to dial in from the 7th round on). He has had some easy fights since then, but his rough patches in fights happen in spurts...or one spurt (ask Mosley). His skills will take forever to diminish, but his age will begin to play a part sooner than later.

That's true i agree with what you said....
PColeman28
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 15 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Ok, so after I watched Danny's interview (and posted my last post), I saw Roger's interview has been posted. I've only watched 1:13 seconds of it, and he's already said almost the same thing I just said in my last post. The media is cold too, because they ran straight to Roger and just spilled what Danny was saying. Like to make Danny the butt of Roger's joke while they laugh at him. This sport is something else, but I love it.

lol the media is cold....the whole Ortiz camp been talkin' mad trash....i really think they're just counting on a lucky shot... a clean shot like mosely got, but since apparently ortiz has super power( but couldn't finish berto) he should be able to get him out of there.....
Method
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 15 2011, 05:29 PM) *
Yo! I just watched the video interview with Danny Garcia, and I think that dude is buggin'. He may be inhaling too many fumes from his Coca-Cola truck when he's on the clock. He's a part time trainer. It's hard to study film and drive a rig at the same time. He must not know that boxing is jealous. It rewards only the people that devote themselves to boxing ONLY.

Kinda like how it punished Jack Lowe (Kelly Pavlik) for paving driveways while rewarding Manny Steward (Jermain Taylor) for being a loyal devotee? Oh yeah...not ONCE, but TWICE.

Where do you come up w this garbage?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 15 2011, 10:29 PM) *
Kinda like how it punished Jack Lowe (Kelly Pavlik) for paving driveways while rewarding Manny Steward (Jermain Taylor) for being a loyal devotee? Oh yeah...not ONCE, but TWICE.

Where do you come up w this garbage?

Nice of you to include who those guys trained, cos theres no doubt in my mind Haz needed that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 16 2011, 01:04 AM) *
Nice of you to include who those guys trained, cos theres no doubt in my mind Haz needed that.

Whew! Glad you and Method are shutting this thread down properly, because at the moment, these pints of Guinness in me, are not allowing me to use my brain to eradicate futile facts/opinions and endless stupidity.
iKeNjiro
Best ever...nah....
Best ring general ship ever....ONE of boxings top IQ's yea...or even Best in this ERA...yea...but Ever still goes to Ali
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 16 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Best ever...nah....
Best ring general ship ever....ONE of boxings top IQ's yea...or even Best in this ERA...yea...but Ever still goes to Ali

Since you've been gone a bit, things have changed. A lot of the t shirt crew have disappeared, HazMane is still here but hes busy being consistently owned by Method. You should have a look at this thread. http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27566

This is where its at these days.

Go forth and you shall be enlightened
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.