Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Mayweather have a glass jaw?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
gonefishing
What do you guys think? I think it's weak. But he protects it well, so good on him. Has a china chin I think.
mgrover
probably due to the fact that stronger jaws are built up through resistance and he hasn't exactly had to endure much to it. But he has also tried to lessen the chance of him being knocked out by strengthening his muscles that absbord the shock from a punch.
iKeNjiro
has he been knocked out...or even down? end of topic
this was pointless I am assuming you are a Pac fan....stop hating, pac got it coming soon enough youngin'
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 17 2011, 12:09 AM) *
this was pointless I am assuming you are a Pac fan....stop hating, pac got it coming soon enough youngin'

Typical, 3 minutes back on these forums in a thread discussing Floyd's chin and you can't keep the man-God's name out of your mouth can you?

Yup you're still a tool, however the good news is there is this girl on this site whom I think you should meet, she has an (alleged) 'near perfect' physique, loves the tennis style of Pete Samprass and would probably like to settle down with you in that beautiful steel town of Grand Rapids. The best part is she is as clueless as you are laugh.gif
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 16 2011, 08:09 AM) *

Officially? No. Unoffical, but literally? Yes. Zab Judah knocked him down. Floyd's glove touched the canvas, which was a result of a counter punch by Zab, but the ref didn't rule it a knock down. So yeah, he's definitely been down, just not officially.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 16 2011, 08:19 AM) *
Typical, 3 minutes back on these forums in a thread discussing Floyd's chin and you can't keep the man-God's name out of your mouth can you?

Yup you're still a tool, however the good news is there is this girl on this site whom I think you should meet, she has an (alleged) 'near perfect' physique, loves the tennis style of Pete Samprass and would probably like to settle down with you in that beautiful steel town of Grand Rapids. The best part is she is as clueless as you are laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Let me guess... you're talkin' 'bout that Allmen(???) chic, huh? She may be the only female on this site, though. I don't know.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 17 2011, 12:43 AM) *
Officially? No. Unoffical, but literally? Yes. Zab Judah knocked him down. Floyd's glove touched the canvas, which was a result of a counter punch by Zab, but the ref didn't rule it a knock down. So yeah, he's definitely been down, just not officially.

laugh.gif

Let me guess... you're talkin' 'bout that Allmen(???) chic, huh? She may be the only female on this site, though. I don't know.

Don't forget my good buddy SENTRAL. We think she's a female, although she has remained mysteriously ambivalent about it. I'll tell you this though, if she really is a she, she (phew!) certainly puts AllMAN'S knowledge to shame. SENTRAL knows her(?) onions, not withstanding her weakness for Canadian pretty boys laugh.gif

iKeNjiro
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 16 2011, 09:19 PM) *

lol...he made this bullshit ass thread not me
secondly I am married man...but you can settle down with the dude if you want an make a ton of replies to Floyd threads ...who you say you claim to can't stand but always here to pose your good 'ol knowledge
glad to see you again too my friend
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 17 2011, 12:56 AM) *
lol...he made this bullshit ass thread not me
secondly I am married man...but you can settle down with the dude if you want an make a ton of replies to Floyd threads ...who you say you claim to can't stand but always here to pose your good 'ol knowledge
glad to see you again too my friend

Nice to see you too Ken, hope the weather is nice in good ole Japan.

Hey nice picture BTW, I'm assuming that's you, you better hope Leonard Ellerbee doesn't cruise these boards. laugh.gif
jlupi
so we just throw out dumb thread titles now?
zucrates

This is a joke right?
Floyd's chin isn't glass because he has been hit with good shots and he is still 41-0 so his jaw can't be glass. A glass jaw means the jaw is weak as hell anything with decent power would break it also those with a glass jaw don't have good recovery in their chin and Floyd has shown recovery! Quick Question dose Pacman have some new window bars put over that glass stomach hope thats a thread since its important to discuss GLASS! offtopic.gif
Crafty
QUOTE (zucrates @ Sep 16 2011, 09:50 AM) *
This is a joke right?
Floyd's chin isn't glass because he has been hit with good shots and he is still 41-0 so his jaw can't be glass. A glass jaw means the jaw is weak as hell anything with decent power would break it also those with a glass jaw don't have good recovery in their chin and Floyd has shown recovery! Quick Question dose Pacman have some new window bars put over that glass stomach hope thats a thread since its important to discuss GLASS! offtopic.gif

Well, he might not have a "glass" chin but he certainly doesn't have a remarkable one. He gets dazed every time someone lands a punch, like Mosley and Judah. And he fights smaller guys like JMM who he didn't even make weight for. Ortiz will floor Mayweather and have him in trouble within the first 3 rounds. Whether or not the fight goes beyond that is anyone's guess. Ortiz will win by KO.
Cshel86
After a long night of binge drinking (pints of Guinness and Bacardi), and I wake up to this wack ass thread?! Somebody please tell there's a light at the end of the tunnel...

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 16 2011, 05:43 AM) *

I'm not convinced there are any females on this site.

edit; but there are some slice sigs.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (zucrates @ Sep 16 2011, 06:50 AM) *
This is a joke right?

No, this is the day before an FMJ fight. Batten down the hatches, we're headed straight into a Floydiot v Mannyac conflagration.

Enjoy the ride . . . there will be blood.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gonefishing @ Sep 16 2011, 04:39 AM) *
What do you guys think? I think it's weak. But he protects it well, so good on him. Has a china chin I think.

Oh . . . that's right . . . there was a topic to this thread.

I vote we find out manana.
mgrover
4-4 should i break the dead lock.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 16 2011, 01:25 PM) *
4-4 should i break the dead lock.

Personally, I wouldn't even exert energy into this circus that he calls a poll. Lol. I actually felt good after my Guinness and Bacardi binge last night, then I made the mistake of opening this thread, and the result...Im now nursing a hangover. Hope I can get it together so i can do it all again tonight! I will just do myself a solid and not wake up to any thread that this guy pulls out of his ass and posts.

Hell who knows, the thread in the morning may painfully be an open question along the lines of..."Will Mayweather Descend from the Rafters of the MGM Grand in a Space Suit...Since the Card is named Star Power?" If you guys dont hear from he tomorrow, just assume that I have fallen into an extreme comatose from this guy's idea of a decent thread.
Spyder

KookedKrack
It feels like almost every thread on the first page is a troll thread. Are people really this dumb or are they just trying to get a rise out of folks?
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 16 2011, 01:37 PM) *
Personally, I wouldn't even exert energy into this circus that he calls a poll. Lol. I actually felt good after my Guinness and Bacardi binge last night, then I made the mistake of opening this thread, and the result...Im now nursing a hangover. Hope I can get it together so i can do it all again tonight! I will just do myself a solid and not wake up to any thread that this guy pulls out of his ass and posts.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 16 2011, 02:08 PM) *

I told you, KeN.
Eighty88Eight
Floyd can't really take a big shot. Margarito took like a hundred of those Mosley right hands that Mayweather barely stood up to in the second round.

And let us not forget the little dance he did after that Corley right hook.
blackbelt2003
Mayweather, as a fighter who very rarely gets hit, doesn't have a terrific chin. It's certainly not glass...you wouldn't get to 41-0 with a glass chin, but it's not one of his best features. The ratio of being hit to being rocked is not good enough for him to have a great chin. He rarely gets hit with flush power shots, yet I can think of a number of occasions when he's been rocked.

Compare that to some of the tough Mexicans who regularly take flush power shots, probably more in one fight than in Floyd's entire career, yet never seem to be wobbled.

But it's horses for courses. Would you rather have a great chin and get hit on it lots, or an average chin but never get hit?

Black
MrChampagne123
Doesnt matter he took big shots and stood up against them. weather he was wobbled or not. he took them and didnt fall. Chin not granit but it aint weak either
Eighty88Eight
It only doesn't matter until he's gets stretched. Then it will matter.
Spyder
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 16 2011, 03:02 PM) *
It feels like almost every thread on the first page is a troll thread. Are people really this dumb or are they just trying to get a rise out of folks?

Where you been bro? This is the NEW FH!

sduck
If he had a glass jaw, he would of been knocked out already.
BoxingFan86
This would be a good question to ask guys like... Castillo, Judah, Corley, Mosley, Marquez (out of the 12% of punches he did land laugh.gif, 1 was a clean power shot on Floyd's jaw), etc...
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 17 2011, 04:10 AM) *
laugh.gif

I told you, KeN.

forgot about that fight more off balance then anything but still good counter/timing

@Ollie - lol...yea the pic is me, kinda gay to put someone elses pic up, as for LE coming here lol funny shit
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Sep 16 2011, 07:54 PM) *
forgot about that fight more off balance then anything but still good counter/timing

@Ollie - lol...yea the pic is me, kinda gay to put someone elses pic up, as for LE coming here lol funny shit

You are absolutely right KeN...that was a pefect counter and perfect timing. Most guys would've been skeptical about even throwing that punch to begin with. I've heard Floyd thank Zab a couple of times during the build-up of this fight...now, Im not the smartest man in the world and Im damn sure Im not the dumbest...but I bet there were some sparring sessions going on between them dntknw.gif
BoxingFan86

Andre Ward, is that you? laugh.gif

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 16 2011, 08:07 PM) *
You are absolutely right KeN...that was a pefect counter and perfect timing. Most guys would've been skeptical about even throwing that punch to begin with. I've heard Floyd thank Zab a couple of times during the build-up of this fight...now, Im not the smartest man in the world and Im damn sure Im not the dumbest...but I bet there were some sparring sessions going on between them dntknw.gif

Probably so. I've seen clips of Zab @ Mayweather's gym, but he's never in any type of boxin' gear. He's usually there... givin' interviews to guys like Elie Seckbach and makin' predictions. There's no tellin' what goes on after the cameras are off, though.
gonefishing
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 16 2011, 05:23 PM) *
If he had a glass jaw, he would of been knocked out already.

But RJJ went just as long as Mayweather and even longer without getting knocked out. Never too late to get that chin exposed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Sep 16 2011, 08:25 PM) *
Andre Ward, is that you? laugh.gif

Probably so. I've seen clips of Zab @ Mayweather's gym, but he's never in any type of boxin' gear. He's usually there... givin' interviews to guys like Elie Seckbach and makin' predictions. There's no tellin' what goes on after the cameras are off, though.

Lmao! Hell yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I saw KeN's pic.

Yeah Zab is there more than we may know, but you hit the nail right on the head...we never see his sparring sessions, so we never know dntknw.gif Now let me get back to this "Gone Fishing" guy since he's online...
gonefishing

Putting up a pic of yourself isn't gay either....
Cshel86
QUOTE (gonefishing @ Sep 16 2011, 07:39 AM) *

QUOTE (gonefishing @ Sep 16 2011, 08:30 PM) *
But RJJ went just as long as Mayweather and even longer without getting knocked out. Never too late to get that chin exposed.

QUOTE (gonefishing @ Sep 16 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Putting up a pic of yourself isn't gay either....

He said that putting up a pic of somebody else would be gay...just further evidence that the issue is far from resolved...in regards to your brain is still in Alt +Ctrl + Delete mode.

QUOTE (gonefishing @ Sep 14 2011, 06:21 PM) *
A woman has no place in a male sport like this or on this board. A woman's brains a slightly smaller than a man's, and it is clearly showing. Damn jezabel.

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 16 2011, 12:30 PM) *
You have yet to prove that there's a significant-sized brain in that Pez-Dispenser that you call a head...just judging by that bum-ass thread that you pulled out of your ass and posted about Mayweather having a glass jaw. Out of alllll these recent Mayweather threads being opened...that's all that you can come up with?! At least she has opened up some worthy threads around here...

You're still at it? Man I had to go from one thread to another, just to prove to you how much of an idiot you are...as if you didn't already have doubts of your lack of intellect. Im surprised this thread hasn't been closed due to it's redundacy and Im also surprised that it has more than a few replies. Probably because we all chose to ignore your extreme level of idiocy and decided to engage in other talk on this very thread.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 16 2011, 08:47 AM) *
Don't forget my good buddy SENTRAL. We think she's a female, although she has remained mysteriously ambivalent about it. I'll tell you this though, if she really is a she, she (phew!) certainly puts AllMAN'S knowledge to shame. SENTRAL knows her(?) onions, not withstanding her weakness for Canadian pretty boys laugh.gif

Man tell me about it! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.