Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Mayweather vs. Ortiz@9PM(EST)/6PM(PST): SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Jack 1000
This is our on-going action, and post-fight and reaction fight thead for Mayweather-Ortiz. All round by round and any spoiler information MUST remain in this thread! Do not create any new threads that spoil the results of this card for those who are choosing to watch the fight later!

Also, please do not discuss tonight's UFC card on Spike TV in this thread. A seperate thread has been created in the MMA forums for this and pinned up. This thread is for Mayweather-Ortiz fight card comments only.

Thank you and enjoy the fight!

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Nothing's changed from my original prediction:

Floyd by fairly easy UD or maybe a late stoppage,

Ortiz has about a 20% shot if:

1.) He catches Floyd with a big punch blitz and follows up. (Must come in the first four rounds at max,) OR
2.) Floyd has aged overnight. You can't be off fighting only 1-2 times a year and still be razer sharp forever.

The 80% is:

1.) Ortiz may be hungry and have power, but his chin is made of Jello-O
2.) He went life and death in a FOTY with multiple knockdowns against Berto. But Mayweather is no Berto.
3,) The crude although powerful Madiana was able to catch Ortiz, drop him, and make him quit. The longer this fight goes, the better Floyd gets at rhythm and timing.

Victor has to tear into Floyd ala Hagler and Hearns or else he has no chance. And if he lets Floyd off the hook, like it appeared Mosley seemed to do after that 2nd round, he has only himself to blame for shooting himself in the foot.

I think if Victor gets hurt provided that this fight goes more than a few rounds, he's not going to be able to recover.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 17 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Nothing's changed from my original prediction:

Floyd by fairly easy UD or maybe a late stoppage,

Ortiz has about a 20% shot if:

1.) He catches Floyd with a big punch blitz and follows up. (Must come in the first four rounds at max,) OR
2.) Floyd has aged overnight. You can't be off fighting only 1-2 times a year and still be razer sharp forever.

The 80% is:

1.) Ortiz may be hungry and have power, but his chin is made of Jello-O
2.) He went life and death in a FOTY with multiple knockdowns against Berto. But Mayweather is no Berto.
3,) The crude although powerful Madiana was able to catch Ortiz, drop him, and make him quit. The longer this fight goes, the better Floyd gets at rhythm and timing.

Victor has to tear into Floyd ala Hagler and Hearns or else he has no chance. And if he lets Floyd off the hook, like it appeared Mosley seemed to do after that 2nd round, he has only himself to blame for shooting himself in the foot.

I think if Victor gets hurt provided that this fight goes more than a few rounds, he's not going to be able to recover.

Jack

Victor's chin
kidbazooka1
Floyds has some shaky moments early in the fight but mid way starts to break Ortiz down to take a UD in a suprisingly good fight.
PColeman28
i agree, The first 4 rounds will definitely be important for Ortiz...assuming the fight goes past those rounds i see mayweather winning 117-111 UD
E.C.LEGEND
if you need a link pm me
Jack 1000
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 17 2011, 05:00 PM) *
i agree, The first 4 rounds will definitely be important for Ortiz...assuming the fight goes past those rounds i see mayweather winning 117-111 UD

+1!

Jack
E.C.LEGEND
looks like roger is putting in double duty tonight training quali and jr
Cshel86
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Sep 17 2011, 07:51 PM) *
looks like roger is putting in double duty tonight training quali and jr

Yeah and he looked the least bit interested in being in this guy's corner tonight, lol.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 17 2011, 07:20 PM) *
Yeah and he looked the least bit interested in being in this guy's corner tonight, lol.

Yeah and quali lost for that reason. The fight was close and he could have beaten jones.
Method
So two of Mayweather's fighters lost? I didnt know he had any.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 17 2011, 08:13 PM) *
So two of Mayweather's fighters lost? I didnt know he had any.

only one so far(Quali), unless there is an upset. I think its dumb to have to fighters fight on the same night. I know roger's mind was not on the Quali fight
Cshel86
Vargas aint gonna look so pretty after this one. Lopez is on a fuckin' mission tonight! Damn!
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 17 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Vargas aint gonna look so pretty after this one. Lopez is on a fuckin' mission tonight! Damn!

Yeah Khan would thrash Vargas if they ever fought.
sduck
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 17 2011, 09:21 PM) *

Yeah, Vargas lookin exhausted and frustrated
sduck
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Sep 17 2011, 09:23 PM) *
Yeah Khan would thrash Vargas if they ever fought.

I agree, I'm not impressed by what I'm seein.
wolterb
vargas isnt lookin too great...he is landin some hard ones (albeit sloppy) on lopez tho.

lopez looks pretty good but some of the combos hes throwin arent goin farther than vargas' gloves
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 17 2011, 09:25 PM) *
Yeah, Vargas lookin exhausted and frustrated

Tell me about it. No pop in his punches, and he's takin' too many to the body. Reminds me of Cotto/Margarito...just judging by Lopez's determination and the way he's stalking Vargas.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 17 2011, 08:33 PM) *
Tell me about it. No pop in his punches, and he's takin' too many to the body. Reminds me of Cotto/Margarito...just judging by Lopez's determination and the way he's stalking Vargas.

The way steward is talking Vargas should be winning
wolterb
vargas gave away rd 7!
Method
There's only one thing I want to hear from Manny tonight - his thoughts on Chad Dawson.
Cshel86
Man Lopez is tryin' to staple Vargas's paper, smh.
wolterb
damn vargas def has the 10th rd for himself...lol damn they both look tired
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Sep 17 2011, 09:50 PM) *
damn vargas def has the 10th rd for himself...lol damn they both look tired

Vargas was tired after the 4th round (IMO). His legs were not under him at all tonight. Then he found out he couldn't hurt Lopez, his confidence was shot!
E.C.LEGEND
I thought lopez should have won that fight
wolterb
anyone know anything bout morales' opponent? is he mean?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Sep 17 2011, 06:59 PM) *
I thought lopez should have won that fight

Could have but he didn't do enough.
SmartyBeardo
Round 1 Cano v Morales = Decent jab fest. Decent body work.

I give it to Cano 10-9 but I think the judges will give all of those to Morales.
SmartyBeardo
Round 2 = Cano looking strong. Morales hurt. Body work and head shots for Cano.

20-18 Cano.
wolterb
gah! morales is eatin jabs.
SmartyBeardo
Round 3 =
cano comes out strong, Morales looks to go aggressive to steal points. Cano is impressive so far, relatively. Morales looks to be figuring the kid out . . . but.

Cano 30-27.
wolterb
morales looks a little more comfortable in the 3rd rd
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I felt that Morales was working his way into the fight by the end of the 3rd.
SmartyBeardo
Round 4 = Cano is a nice boxer but Morales is starting to chop him down.

39-37 Cano.
wolterb
morales lands some good shots in the 4th...pablo answers back tho.
last minute looked to be in pablos favor...

still, morales seems to be warmin up and lands a couple good 1-2s before the end
Cshel86
El Terrible's black shoes with the white trunks are killin' me, smh. Decent scrap though...
Warlord
Anyone got a stream for tonight's fight? Mine crapped out.
Warlord
Anyone got a stream for tonight's fight? Mine crapped out.
SmartyBeardo
Round 5 = Cano is one tough kid . . . and a damned decent boxer. Cano hurts Morales MOrales comes back hae\rd WAR!

49- 46 Cano
wolterb
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 17 2011, 10:21 PM) *
El Terrible's black shoes with the white trunks are killin' me, smh. Decent scrap though...

lol yea his shoes look like converses...and he has that pudgy look goin.
SmartyBeardo
Round 6 = Morales taking the kid into deep water. Cano responds.

58-56 Cano.
SmartyBeardo
Lederman is high
SmartyBeardo
Round 7 = Cano better shots.

68-65 Cano.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 18 2011, 02:30 PM) *
Round 7 = Cano better shots.

68-65 Cano.

Agreed, Morales looked a lil like he took the round off. Will his legs hold up?
E.C.LEGEND
i see cano winning by stoppage. those cuts are bad.
SmartyBeardo
Round 8 = Excellent fight. Big shots by Morales. Morales hurts cano. Morales dominating round 8. Cano lands in last 30.

77-75 Cano.
SmartyBeardo
Round 9 = Both seem to be taking . . . left by both. Cano tiring. But still fighting. Morales busting him up.

86-85 Cano.
sduck
Erik Morales wins. At least I expect so by now.

Yep he wins. Erik! Erik! Erik!
SmartyBeardo
Round 10 = Big right Cano. Cano throwing hard but Morales hammers Cano. Cano in trouble they call time then continue. Morales busting the kid up. But it does not end.

They call it. Kid's face was busted up. big win for Morales.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
All over, Morales by beatdown. However he should be wary about going after any bigger names at 140.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.