Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Larry Merchant
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 18 2011, 10:28 PM) *
"WTF did this motherfucker just say to me?!"

And look at Ellerbe trying to act tough, trying to back up his lov... I mean friend in a confrontation with an 80 year old man.
alaganza
Another classic moment from the Double Scotch Warrior!!!! drinks.gif aggressive.gif
MrChampagne123
Floyd respects Teddy Atlas though
Spyder
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 18 2011, 11:08 PM) *
And look at Ellerbe trying to act tough, trying to back up his lov... I mean friend in a confrontation with an 80 year old man.

No kidding. Team Money are a bunch of fucking clowns. Who needs to tough talk an 80yr old man?!?

laugh.gif

If I was Hype, I would've had to go home and wash the douchebagness off of me after that 'Mayweather after dark' series...that shit can be contagious!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 18 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Well, Max I think is a Mayweather groupie, and with most interviews is not confrontational. He would probably just let Floyd talk. He has obvious favorable biases toward slick boxers over action brawlers. Max is more, "I'm just happy to be here." and will follow the trend of what HBO wants him to do. The same with Lamply and the pom-pom shaking for the fighters under HBO Contract. But I do give Lamps credit when a decision is bad, Jim is honest and direct about it.

Jim should stop trying to be a PR man for the network and their fighters, and do what he does so greatly. Bringing even more excitement to already exciting fights! He wasn't a pom-pom shaker for fighters, until Roy Jones came to the network. Than with Oscar and Floyd it got even worse, especially with Oscar. If Jim Lampley was gay, he'd would be sleeping with Oscar every night! LOL!

Jack

Yeah Max is somewhat of a Mayweather groupie, but even he caught the backlash of Mayweather's bipolar disorder after the Marquez fight. I think Im always gonna like Lampley, regardless of who he sides with. Like you said, Lampley is honest and direct, but Merchant is brutally honest a bit too often with almost everybody.

After watching it again, Merchant was actually giving Mayweather his credit before he even got in the ring and started the interview, but maybe its because of the way he started the interview. Hell, he actually backed off of Floyd with the borderline harassment for a second, then Floyd just went apeshit for no reason. Like I said, he either had bipolar episode or he was pissed at how the fans responded to the ending, so he just went for broke.
BGv2.0
Well....you know...MAYBE....it's Roid Rage?

THINK ABOUT IT!

He went apeshit on his daddy for no real reason...now he goes apeshit on Larry....

Maybe he should show us a few tests proving he did not juice on this one.

Take a look at South Park's "Up the down steriod" to see just how much Flyod and Little Jimmy Valmer's outburts mirror each other!
EAlbian
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 19 2011, 03:56 PM) *

THINK ABOUT IT!

He went apeshit on his daddy for no real reason...now he goes apeshit on Larry....

Take a look at South Park's "Up the down steriod" to see just how much Flyod and Little Jimmy Valmer's outburts mirror each other!

not the steriods, its all the fetus sucking he's been doing. It's the only logical explanation. just watch the Christopher Reeves episode
Jack 1000
After watching it again, Merchant was actually giving Mayweather his credit before he even got in the ring and started the interview, but maybe its because of the way he started the interview.

But the thing is, how else should Larry have started the interview? Merchant even gave Floyd props for a great win and than Floyd has one of his self-indulgent temper tantrums? Who's to blame for that?

Jack
King Eugene
They where both wrong. Merchant was trying to take underlying cheap shots but smile at the same time like he does every fighter he doesn't care for. Floyd already know how Larry is yet he still blew up at him.

Merchant thought it was funny. He shouldn't be fired though. What was funny to me was when Merchant was out of the ring and said "50 years ago I WOULDN'T have been able to kick his ass" and started laughing about it.
TheFonz
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 19 2011, 08:11 PM) *
They where both wrong. Merchant was trying to take underlying cheap shots but smile at the same time like he does every fighter he doesn't care for. Floyd already know how Larry is yet he still blew up at him.

Merchant thought it was funny. He shouldn't be fired though. What was funny to me was when Merchant was out of the ring and said "50 years ago I WOULDN'T have been able to kick his ass" and started laughing about it.

What where the underlying cheap shots, beccause I completely missed them?
King Eugene
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 19 2011, 08:14 PM) *
What where the underlying cheap shots, beccause I completely missed them?

Your right...he was asking simple questions
Fitz
He stopped Ortiz in extremely controversial fashion, something we have not really seen, and the crowd were worked up. How simple did you want the questions to be?
After all of that, did you want or expect Merchant to not touch up on the issue and go straight to "that was good and entertaining fight that you looked impressive in?"
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 19 2011, 08:26 PM) *
He stopped Ortiz in extremely controversial fashion, something we have not really seen, and the crowd were worked up. How simple did you want the questions to be?
After all of that, did you want or expect Merchant to not touch up on the issue and go straight to "that was good and entertaining fight that you looked impressive in?"

I take it you missed this...
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 19 2011, 08:20 PM) *
Your right...he was asking simple questions

Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 19 2011, 05:13 PM) *
But the thing is, how else should Larry have started the interview? Merchant even gave Floyd props for a great win and than Floyd has one of his self-indulgent temper tantrums? Who's to blame for that?

Jack

Well everybody knows how Merchant is, and its easy for him to come off as a smart-ass, so I guess fighters take it as such. He hardly even got started with Floyd this time and like I said earlier, he was giving Floyd credit before even got in the ring and started the interview...which is rare. I think Floyd was pissed about the crowd's reaction and how the fight ended.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 19 2011, 02:56 PM) *

THINK ABOUT IT!

This has popped into my mind as well. Floyd certainly seems to have turned into a big, powerful welterweight all of a sudden.

I mean, did anyone ever think he'd be stronger than Shane Mosley?

Maybe Floyd got 'that thing' in him?
pesticid
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 19 2011, 09:41 PM) *
This has popped into my mind as well. Floyd certainly seems to have turned into a big, powerful welterweight all of a sudden.

Floyd has become stronger but it took him a while. His first fight at WW was against Sharmba and that was 5 years ago, he faced Judah next and then Bladomir and gradually his strenght has been increasing. He didn't just jump to WW and started manhandling guys like Manny.
pesticid
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 19 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Well everybody knows how Merchant is, and its easy for him to come off as a smart-ass, so I guess fighters take it as such. He hardly even got started with Floyd this time and like I said earlier, he was giving Floyd credit before even got in the ring and started the interview...which is rare. I think Floyd was pissed about the crowd's reaction and how the fight ended.

I don't think it was the crowd at all. When he wanted to thank his fans for buying the PPV and attending to the fight, Larry interrupted him saying that he is a great promoter but he is treated as a fighter now and he should answer some questions. So that rubbed him the wrong way. Honestly, it would've rubbed me the wrong way too. Larry acts like he is the boss of Mayweather and Foyd can't even thank his fans without Larry being on his case? It's not like Larry is broadcasting cause he is Larry, it's becuase there are fighters like Manny, Floyd, among others that he is broadcasting because. I used to love Larry to death but there is no other sport where broadcasters demean the athletes they are covering to the extent that the HBO crew does. You can put Jim Gray in there but Larry is just so sarcastic. You look at MMA, there is never any such malice towards any of the fighters. NFL, NBA, etc. That's why Foreman would go off on Larry so often cause Larry treats a lot of the fighters as if they are his gladiators, and if he is not happy with the amount of blood given by his "gladiators" or the "honour" he is bitter and nasty. Good boys like Arthuro and Pacman that shed blood and bow down to him are ok in Larry's book.
Spyder
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 19 2011, 09:41 PM) *

Well, steroids are nothing more than processed Bull cum...and Fidy is with him 24/7, even in the gym. dntknw.gif

Juss sayin...
Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 19 2011, 07:56 PM) *

THINK ABOUT IT!

I'm pretty sure he's done the random blood and urine testing before each fight ever since the issue first came up.
Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 21 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Well, steroids are nothing more than processed Bull cum...and Fidy is with him 24/7, even in the gym. dntknw.gif

Juss sayin...

Hahaha.
caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 19 2011, 08:41 PM) *

It would explain that jaw line of his!
lloyd mayflower
Floyds got more than one thing in him when hes getting spit roasted by Ellerbe and 50
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 21 2011, 04:28 PM) *
I'm pretty sure he's done the random blood and urine testing before each fight ever since the issue first came up.

Yeah the tests are doctored. He is on the A side meth simple as that.
lloyd mayflower
Floyd finally found a roid/masking agent combo that works for him and so he has started shooting his mouth off about taking tests. When the WADA catch up to him, you wont be hearing so much from him. Cheating bastard.
Eighty88Eight
i love larry merchant. his blood lust can be obnoxious, and his constant contentiousness is also obnoxious, but he has no replacement as far as I'm concerned. unless, you know, George Will decided to like boxing.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 21 2011, 01:51 PM) *
Yeah the tests are doctored. He is on the A side meth simple as that.

Well I guess there's an explanation for everything, isn't there?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 22 2011, 12:26 AM) *
Well I guess there's an explanation for everything, isn't there?

Sure is Snoop. Why do you think Uncle Rog knows so much about it? Because he is injecting Floyds ass with the A side whilst Floyd is injecting Leonard with his beef stick.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 22 2011, 12:00 AM) *
Sure is Snoop. Why do you think Uncle Rog knows so much about it? Because he is injecting Floyds ass with the A side whilst Floyd is injecting Leonard with his beef stick.

laugh.gif

NOW this makes sense.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 21 2011, 01:27 AM) *

Juss sayin...

Hmm. Wasn't Fidy involved in a steroids scandal once before?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579544/5...ids-probe.jhtml

Yep. Thought so.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 21 2011, 01:28 AM) *

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 21 2011, 07:55 AM) *
Floyd finally found a roid/masking agent combo that works for him and so he has started shooting his mouth off about taking tests. When the WADA catch up to him, you wont be hearing so much from him. Cheating bastard.

See, this isn't that far fetched to me. All of a sudden Floyd starts popping off about everyone else's steroid use, while meantime dude is getting bigger and stronger than ever. Maybe he really HAS found a new masking agent, or some new form of PED that isn't being tested for yet. I mean, surely no one thinks BALCO was the end of the line as far as that shit, do they?
Snoop
And people criticize Mayweather Sr. for throwing out false accusations on Pacquiao.

laugh.gif

Mayweather's been in the WW division since 2005. In 2005, Pacquiao was going life and death while losing to Erik Morales at 130, and that's NOT suspicious?

laugh.gif

C'mon people, at least have fair distribution on the accusations.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 22 2011, 03:41 PM) *
And people criticize Mayweather Sr. for throwing out false accusations on Pacquiao.

laugh.gif

Mayweather's been in the WW division since 2005. In 2005, Pacquiao was going life and death while losing to Erik Morales at 130, and that's NOT suspicious?

laugh.gif

Now Pac doesn't have to starve and dehydrate to make weight he is much stronger and less weakened. A good example of this will be his upcoming JMM fight.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 04:06 AM) *
Now Pac doesn't have to starve and dehydrate to make weight he is much stronger and less weakened. A good example of this will be his upcoming JMM fight.

Well, couldn't you say the same about Mayweather? In fact, since Mayweather's rise to 147 was much more gradual, doesn't the argument that "adjusting to the weight class" fit even more for Mayweather than it does for Pacquiao?

I just find it funny that people are accusing one party and making justifications for another, especially when the latter has more evidence against them, at least in my eyes.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 22 2011, 05:11 PM) *
Well, couldn't you say the same about Mayweather? In fact, since Mayweather's rise to 147 was much more gradual, doesn't the argument that "adjusting to the weight class" fit even more for Mayweather than it does for Pacquiao?

I just find it funny that people are accusing one party and making justifications for another, especially when the latter has more evidence against them, at least in my eyes.

No with Mayweather I find it 'suspicious as hell' (haha you like that one for old times sake Snoop) that he took those 2 years off to come back built like a monster. Makes me think he went on the Victor Conte 'mega plan.'

Very fishy indeed.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 06:28 AM) *
No with Mayweather I find it 'suspicious as hell' (haha you like that one for old times sake Snoop) that he took those 2 years off to come back built like a monster. Makes me think he went on the Victor Conte 'mega plan.'

Very fishy indeed.

Can't say I didn't have that one coming.

laugh.gif

The 2 year layoff is a valid point, but one could say that time off helps restore the body, mind, etc, etc, etc. My point is that you can make a justification on how the time off explains why he is stronger in his comeback (though I thought he used the same walk-down aggressive style in the Mosley fight), just as one could use the justification that Pacquiao not having to rehydrate explains his phenomenal performances at higher weight classes in such a short period of time. Just spread the justifications and accusations out evenhandedly is all I'm saying.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 22 2011, 05:46 PM) *
Can't say I didn't have that one coming.

laugh.gif

The 2 year layoff is a valid point, but one could say that time off helps restore the body, mind, etc, etc, etc. My point is that you can make a justification on how the time off explains why he is stronger in his comeback (though I thought he used the same walk-down aggressive style in the Mosley fight), just as one could use the justification that Pacquiao not having to rehydrate explains his phenomenal performances at higher weight classes in such a short period of time. Just spread the justifications and accusations out evenhandedly is all I'm saying.

Man, that dude came back like a BEAST at WW. From running against Baldomir he went to standing right in the pocket and banging with guys. Did you see the way he took that flush shot from Mosley one of the heaviest hitters at 147? Dude came back stronger after that shot!!!!

Last Saturday he was walking down a middleweight!!! This is a guy that started at 130 pounds. A-side meth for sure.
Spyder
Floyd is on that shit for sure. It's like the guy that constantly accuses his girl of cheating only because he's getting ass on the side.

Suspicious as hell.

Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 22 2011, 06:34 AM) *
Floyd is on that shit for sure. It's like the guy that constantly accuses his girl of cheating only because he's getting ass on the side.

Suspicious as hell.

That's it. You guys are right. The picture sealed it for me.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 22 2011, 06:49 PM) *

Just look at the size of that head!!!!
STEVENSKI
He is so classless he can't even knot a tie properly. Fucking A side alright look at that chin.
caneman
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 21 2011, 10:41 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well one never knows, I'd like to think none of them used but who knows REALLY? Just a few quick points, MANY would have went life and death with that Morales but I feel Pac upped his game with a righthand, better footwork and better combos and even keeps his chin down! I will say this though, that jaw line is famous for a roid user...FMJ didn't have that at 130! Either way both are bad asses!
Snoop
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 22 2011, 12:11 AM) *
I just find it funny that people are accusing one party and making justifications for another

I'm pretty sure we're all aware of the hypocrisy on our ends. The point is, depending on how you choose to look at things you can say Mayweather is just as suspicious. It's not that dissimilar really to how fans of one fighter will always pick apart the records of their favorite fighter's rival. 'Who has he fought? etc.'

Both guys have climbed weight classes, both guys have become more dominant at the higher weights, one guy took time off and became more diesel than ever before, one guy seems to have a larger head than he used to, and neither guy's career at this point is following a traditional trajectory that we're used to seeing from fighters in the past.

But then again, neither is Hopkins' career, or Sergio Martinez, or the Klitschkos. All these guys could be considered suspects if you want to just throw out random accusations, the way the Mayweathers have done with Pacquiao.
wolterb
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 22 2011, 11:26 AM) *
Hopkins' career, or Sergio Martinez, or the Klitschkos. All these guys could be considered suspects if you want to just throw out random accusations, the way the Mayweathers have done with Pacquiao.

yea its def salem village shit. anyone under the magnifyn lens looks suspicious.
mayweathers are in an advantageous position cause they were the first people, that are followed by the media, to cry wolf.

the accusations are pry gonna become a trend cause its an easy way to steal thunder from a potential opponent. only way to put a plug in it is to start enforcin the shit, but i've already heard bout the problematic logistics with that.
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 22 2011, 02:49 AM) *

You need more proof?

I found this on another boxing site...

A bodybuilder who wishes to remain anonymous but is one of Floyd's security guards told me that he has injected steroids directly into Floyd's ass. He said that Floyd takes a year off between fights in order to cycle off his PEDs and avoid detection. He asked that I share this information with my friends here so we can discuss this startling revelation. Let's take a look at the tell-tale signs of steroid use and see how many of them apply to little Floyd.

Personality and Psychiatric changes often happen suddenly and without visible triggers or reasons. They include:

Extreme mood swings - Check. Went from a friendly radio interview to crying and screaming at Rugged Man in < 2 seconds.
Increased aggression or irritability - Check. Started a fight at a press conference with the docile, amicable Shane Mosley.
Becomes disrespectful or abusive (verbally and/or physically) - Check. Disrespects his peers at every possible opportunity.
Poor decision making stemming from feelings of invincibility - Check. Attacks women, security guards, and children alike.
Becomes secretive and/or starts lying - Check. Required that negotiations for a Pacquiao fight be done in total secrecy and then ridiculously lied about them ever taking place.
Withdraws from family members - Check. Disowned his own father. Punched the mother of his children in the face and stormed off with her iPhone.
Depression (usually when steroids are discontinued) - Check. Since beginning to taper off his latest roid cycle, he has been unable to even face the media.
Hallucinations - seeing or hearing things that aren't there - Check. Believes himself to be the greatest boxer of all time.
Paranoia - extreme feelings of mistrust or fear - Check. First boxer in history to require his opponents to submit to an excessive and superfluous blood testing protocol to quell his ridiculous fears that they are cheating worse than he is.

Physical changes are typically the most pronounced short-term symptoms as they are not easily concealed by the novice user and include:

Gynocomastia, the abnormally excessive development of the breast tissue in males - Check. His pectorals look a bit suspect. They're certainly far larger than Pacquiao's.
Persistent bad breath - Check. Explains why everything that comes out of his mouth is bullshit.
Thinning hair throughout the head or receding hairline (male pattern baldness) - Check. Been shaving his head for years to conceal this.
Jaundice or yellowing of the skin; this signals liver damage - Check. Been black for years to conceal this.
Joint pain; greater chance of injuring muscles and tendons - Hmm....like ribs? Check.
Disrupted sleep patterns (not sleeping well or sleeping too much) - Check. Hasn't slept a lick since being challenged by Pacquiao.
Fluid level changes, bloating (face & body), and night sweating - Check. Night sweats also far more pronounced since Pacquiao talks began.
Dizziness, trembling, nausea or vomiting - Check. Began exhibiting these symptoms last December.
Rapid or progressive weight gain - Check. Has jumped in weight even further than Pacquiao. Tries to conceal this fact by not allowing HBO to weigh him on fight night.
Increased muscle size (sudden or progressive) - Check. Bigger than admitted roider Mosley in their recent fight.
Hyperactivity or lethargy (too little energy) - Check. Extremely lethargic, hardly throws any punches in the ring.
Trouble urinating; discoloration or blood in urine - Check. Took him hours to urinate when requested by USADA on 24/7. Urine was extremely discolored when he was finally able to do so.

I think it's time we start putting asterisks next to the wins of Floyd Mayweather's very questionable career in light of this staggering evidence.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 22 2011, 06:01 PM) *
You need more proof?

A bodybuilder who wishes to remain anonymous but is one of Floyd's security guards told me that he has injected steroids directly into Floyd's ass. He said that Floyd takes a year off between fights in order to cycle off his PEDs and avoid detection. He asked that I share this information with my friends here so we can discuss this startling revelation. Let's take a look at the tell-tale signs of steroid use and see how many of them apply to little Floyd.

Personality and Psychiatric changes often happen suddenly and without visible triggers or reasons. They include:

Extreme mood swings - Check. Went from a friendly radio interview to crying and screaming at Rugged Man in < 2 seconds.
Increased aggression or irritability - Check. Started a fight at a press conference with the docile, amicable Shane Mosley.
Becomes disrespectful or abusive (verbally and/or physically) - Check. Disrespects his peers at every possible opportunity.
Poor decision making stemming from feelings of invincibility - Check. Attacks women, security guards, and children alike.
Becomes secretive and/or starts lying - Check. Required that negotiations for a Pacquiao fight be done in total secrecy and then ridiculously lied about them ever taking place.
Withdraws from family members - Check. Disowned his own father. Punched the mother of his children in the face and stormed off with her iPhone.
Depression (usually when steroids are discontinued) - Check. Since beginning to taper off his latest roid cycle, he has been unable to even face the media.
Hallucinations - seeing or hearing things that aren't there - Check. Believes himself to be the greatest boxer of all time.
Paranoia - extreme feelings of mistrust or fear - Check. First boxer in history to require his opponents to submit to an excessive and superfluous blood testing protocol to quell his ridiculous fears that they are cheating worse than he is.

Physical changes are typically the most pronounced short-term symptoms as they are not easily concealed by the novice user and include:

Gynocomastia, the abnormally excessive development of the breast tissue in males - Check. His pectorals look a bit suspect. They're certainly far larger than Pacquiao's.
Persistent bad breath - Check. Explains why everything that comes out of his mouth is bullshit.
Thinning hair throughout the head or receding hairline (male pattern baldness) - Check. Been shaving his head for years to conceal this.
Jaundice or yellowing of the skin; this signals liver damage - Check. Been black for years to conceal this.
Joint pain; greater chance of injuring muscles and tendons - Hmm....like ribs? Check.
Disrupted sleep patterns (not sleeping well or sleeping too much) - Check. Hasn't slept a lick since being challenged by Pacquiao.
Fluid level changes, bloating (face & body), and night sweating - Check. Night sweats also far more pronounced since Pacquiao talks began.
Dizziness, trembling, nausea or vomiting - Check. Began exhibiting these symptoms last December.
Rapid or progressive weight gain - Check. Has jumped in weight even further than Pacquiao. Tries to conceal this fact by not allowing HBO to weigh him on fight night.
Increased muscle size (sudden or progressive) - Check. Bigger than admitted roider Mosley in their recent fight.
Hyperactivity or lethargy (too little energy) - Check. Extremely lethargic, hardly throws any punches in the ring.
Trouble urinating; discoloration or blood in urine - Check. Took him hours to urinate when requested by USADA on 24/7. Urine was extremely discolored when he was finally able to do so.

I think it's time we start putting asterisks next to the wins of Floyd Mayweather's very questionable career in light of this staggering evidence.

What a post!!!!

Take a bow son
Maxy
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 22 2011, 02:01 PM) *
You need more proof?

laugh.gif

Had to log in just to say Brilliant!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 22 2011, 01:01 PM) *
You need more proof?

laugh.gif

Case
Closed.
gravytrain
Mayweather just got exposed
Snoop
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 22 2011, 04:26 PM) *
I'm pretty sure we're all aware of the hypocrisy on our ends. The point is, depending on how you choose to look at things you can say Mayweather is just as suspicious. It's not that dissimilar really to how fans of one fighter will always pick apart the records of their favorite fighter's rival. 'Who has he fought? etc.'

Both guys have climbed weight classes, both guys have become more dominant at the higher weights, one guy took time off and became more diesel than ever before, one guy seems to have a larger head than he used to, and neither guy's career at this point is following a traditional trajectory that we're used to seeing from fighters in the past.

But then again, neither is Hopkins' career, or Sergio Martinez, or the Klitschkos. All these guys could be considered suspects if you want to just throw out random accusations, the way the Mayweathers have done with Pacquiao.

Which seems to be what people on here are doing with Floyd. I guess my point is, how can you give Floyd Sr. shit for accusing Pacquiao if ya'll are doing the same thing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.