Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ortiz weight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigMoneySlayer
How did Ortiz go from 147 at the weigh-in to 164 at the fight? I don't understand it, what's the secret?!
JONdaCON817
rehydration and pasta
BigMoneySlayer
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 18 2011, 10:54 AM) *
rehydration and pasta

that much weight, that fast though!?
Mean Mister Mustard
The guy is massive. It's a good thing for him that the fight ended in the 4th because Mayweather was zoning in with the right hand, and the weight drain was surely going to make things worse for Ortiz going into the late rounds.
JONdaCON817
yeaa.. and he actually looks like he could walk around heavier.. He deff looks like a decent Middleweight when hes full on swole mode.
PColeman28
Yea, the whole time i was watching 24/7 i was thinking "this guy has to be bigger than 147" like someone said at the weigh in he was small you could see his ribs full form....when he weighed in at 164 fight night i wasn't surprised because he looks like he weighs about that much walking around...wouldn't be surprised if he woke up 170 pounds today
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 18 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Yea, the whole time i was watching 24/7 i was thinking "this guy has to be bigger than 147" like someone said at the weigh in he was small you could see his ribs full form....when he weighed in at 164 fight night i wasn't surprised because he looks like he weighs about that much walking around...wouldn't be surprised if he woke up 170 pounds today

woke up 170 and with a blacc eye....
pimpfighterROQ
you guys forget Margarito did it in his fight against Pacquiao. Rehydrated to 165 from 150. I guess it's much easier to rehydrate when that is your natural walking around weight.

Pacquiao can't even make it past 148..(Although theres some rumors that he was 153 on a fight with Clottey)

Mayweather seems to top up to 150-152 of rehydration.

Remember muscles and weight don't win fights...skill does. Too bad last night's fight had to end so quickly. I wanted to study how Mayweather would handle Pacquiao, but alas...
checkleft
Ortiz is a big dude, him and berto would probably be good at 154. I thought he looked drained at the weigh in too. Him and cotto would make a helluva fight
PColeman28
yea i'll watch a fight with cotto......also i think in chavez jr last fight he rehydrated from 160 to 180, i want to see chavez jr vs canelo with there styles i think it would be entertaining, the 2012 version of the battle of the undefeated lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.