Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is next for Floyd Mayweather?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KOpower
Simple question. Let's assume that Pac vs Money won't happen and let's assume Mayweather will fight in the late spring/early summer of 2012 as everyone expects. I bet Mayweather wants Ortiz...but I don't think demand for a rematch will be high enough. A possible fight with Khan could happen in late 2012..but not in April/May. So who will Floyd look to fight next?

-Andre Berto probably doesn't have enough hype
-Victor Ortiz, like I said, probably won't be demanded by the public to warrant a rematch
-Amir Khan could come in late 2012...not early

I think that leaves us with Tim Bradley, the winner of Cotto/Margarito, and MAYBE Sergio Martinez. Sergio would be the extreme long-shot.

I am going to say Tim Bradley is Floyd's next opponent. He knows he will handle Bradley and that will set him up for a pretty big fight with Amir Khan in late 2012. I still don't think Floyd really wants Manny.
Fitz
I think there will be a demand for a rematch with Ortiz based on how the fight ended, but that's me.

I think from all the options, I would lean towards an Ortiz rematch, I think a Khan fight will be on hold for a little longer, but I do think people will be interested in a rematch with Ortiz, and it can sell, even though it doesn't interest me a great deal.
Fitz
Double post
Fitz
Triple post.
KOpower
Yeah? Maybe I just don't want to see a rematch myself. Personally I want to see Floyd take fights that will improve his overall legacy. IMO a 2nd fight with Ortiz does nothing to help that. I thought the first fight was a good choice. Ortiz is a young, big, strong, physical fighter with serious power. Floyd was well on his way to an easy W so that hurdle is over and done with. On to the next challenge.

I would LOVE to see Floyd vs Sergio. The odds of it happening are very slim...but that would be an amazing challenge for Floyd.
Fitz
I agree, I don't want to see the rematch myself. I just think it can be sold, and just on the way it ended, I think gullible people will get intrigued by a rematch, but that's me.
Prov0
i agree with Fitz i think a rematch could be sold easily to fans.Business wise i think its smart lots of money.but i dont want to see no rematch either.
im going to go with Andre Berto as his next oppenent.
he wont fight a Top Rank fighter Bob wont let that go down.
Mean Mister Mustard
I'd like to see Bradley take a shot at Mayweather. I think Mayweather beats Bradley, but I tell you one thing; after Bradley headbutts him, he ain't going to be looking to hug and kiss.
gravytrain
i think it'll be Ortiz for a few reasons. a big one is the rematch should be easy to sell, the end of the fight and Mayweather's argument will keep getting replayed on ESPN and written about on other sites. HBO will crown him as some nice guy savior of boxing and sell the shit out of it. i think the casual fan could get suckered into it just because of all the drama HBO can spin for the fight. another reason is Mayweather has already seen everything Ortiz can bring to the fight, he'll have an even easier time against him and end it controversy free.
sduck
Floyd pretty much confirmed he won't be fighting Khan. :/

I don't think the Pacquiao fight will materialize, once again. :/

After what we saw with the Ortiz fight, I definitely don't want to see Bradley in there. There WILL be a headbutt. It WILL get dirty. Probably one of the most dirtiest fights we'll ever see.

There could be a rematch with Ortiz, but I'm doubting it, nor do I want to see it. Someone asked Floyd about fighting Sergio Martinez, and Floyd gave a, "idk". I think that means a possibility. I could be very wrong, but the biggest probable fight could be with Saul Alvarez. Alvarez looked decent on the undercard, and has a HUGE following. Floyd likes those money fights.
Jack 1000
Probably an Ortiz rematch. But I could care less about Floyd. I used to think, make the Pacquiao fight. But Floyd would probably win, and I would only want to see Floyd fight again or even watch a replay if he loses. I'm sick of him. And I'll bet that the overall majority of fans won't buy another Mayweather fight, unless it's Pacquaio.

And if Floyd cheats in that? I don't know what else to say.

Jack
Snoop
Agreed with those who say it will be an Ortiz rematch. Easy sell, easy fight, easy money. The Mayweather way.
kingknockout
He should just retire, alot of people wanted to see him fight someone young with a little name for themselves and he did.

There's nothing else left........he's 34 now........he doesn't have to fight ever again if he doesn't want to.

Either fight Pacman or retire for good.

He's not fighting Marg or Cotto, He spoke on this more than once, Both have losses on their records so he isn't interested, Hell when people use to ask him about a possible fight with pacman he use to bring up pacman's losses....

Ortiz had losses on his record, but floyd took this fight because of his lay off and like I said before, people kept complaining that he was fighting people over the hill, Shane had losses also before Mayweather but that stunt he pulled while Mayweather was being interviewed at the end of his match made that fight come to life.

gravytrain
QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 18 2011, 11:58 PM) *
Floyd pretty much confirmed he won't be fighting Khan. :/

I don't think the Pacquiao fight will materialize, once again. :/

After what we saw with the Ortiz fight, I definitely don't want to see Bradley in there. There WILL be a headbutt. It WILL get dirty. Probably one of the most dirtiest fights we'll ever see.

There could be a rematch with Ortiz, but I'm doubting it, nor do I want to see it. Someone asked Floyd about fighting Sergio Martinez, and Floyd gave a, "idk". I think that means a possibility. I could be very wrong, but the biggest probable fight could be with Saul Alvarez. Alvarez looked decent on the undercard, and has a HUGE following. Floyd likes those money fights.

he wont fight Martinez. that shit isn't happening. all i expect to see is what can make Mayweather, GBP and Mayweather's people the most money. other than Pac it seems like Ortiz can help get those PPV buys, their fight is already going to get a lot of publicity and will get replayed and talked about for months. i think the real question is what kind of layoff he's, the longer the layoff the more possibilities there will be.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 19 2011, 12:22 AM) *
Agreed with those who say it will be an Ortiz rematch. Easy sell, easy fight, easy money. The Mayweather way.

24/7 episode 1. Ortiz "it's like a cheap shot, bro. and i was like out. stuff happens" Mayweather "protect yo self at all times. only the strong survive. when it rain it pour. he's knockin but he aint comin in"
pesticid
What was the leather black hat that Floyd was wearing, where do you get it?
MrChampagne123
He not fighting Bradly if Bradley wins nov 12 Manny fighting Bradley since he is now signed to Top Rank..... I belive. Ahmir Kahn needs more seasoning really fight Floyd to early your career over early. I think if Berto fights and beats Alexander and Money dont fight Pacman he will fight Berto thats a huge Money maker fight.... way more then this one with Ortiz
HazConvictedFelonMane
It doesn't matter who. The result will still be the same. He can fight his next opponent in the international space station at 0 g's and the result will still be the same. Boxing's best hope of beating Floyd Mayweather rests in the hands of Manny Pacquiao? With that said, Floyd Mayweather will be in for another easy victory en route to be the best fighter of this era. Manny's not in that league. Not much skill involved in what he does. Floyd is poetry in motion. The best of the best. When would Manny KO a fighter 10 years his junior like Mayweather and Marquez did? The answer is never. Have a nice political career chump. When Floyd's done in the ring as a fighter, he will still be a part of the sport. Manny wants to abandon boxing for dirty politics. The sport has garnered him great wealth and international stardom, yet he wants to be in politics. What an ingreat. Floyd's going to help the kids like Cash Flow, BlackaPino, Kai, and his sons with their Am and pro careers. Viva the fighting Mayweathers. Once again, it doesn't matter who's next. Floyd's not like Manny. He cares about whom he's about to fight, so he won't end up in the ring with a washed up fighter.
STEVENSKI
My thoughts on a rematch...

This guys turds would have more fibre & substance than a rematch.
xxxxxx
I would think the Ortiz rematch would be next considering he already said he would give him one and Ortiz has said he wants it. I would obviously prefer a Pacman or Martinez fight though.
SENTRAL
We already knew Mayweather was classless prior to him getting on up in an elderly man's face at the end of the fight.  Floyd is a paranoid man, insecure and desperate.  He feeds on the likes of hazconvictedfelonmane and his sort.  People who have burrowed deep into his ass.  

An Ortiz rematch has no sell written all over it in my opinion.  Only a tiny minority gave Ortiz a real chance in the first fight.  It was a fight which only really excited the Floydiots and it was those same fools who tried to convince people that this was a difficult test.   They only do this because when the predicted inevitable occurs they can trump it up to be another great win for FMJ.

Hopefully he'll just crawl into a hole and die.  Ironic how classy I am when it comes to FMJ.
wolterb
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 19 2011, 10:35 AM) *
We already knew Mayweather was classless prior to him getting on up in an elderly man's face at the end of the fight.  Floyd is a paranoid man, insecure and desperate.  He feeds on the likes of hazconvictedfelonmane and his sort.  People who have burrowed deep into his ass.  

An Ortiz rematch has no sell written all over it in my opinion.  Only a tiny minority gave Ortiz a real chance in the first fight.  It was a fight which only really excited the Floydiots and it was those same fools who tried to convince people that this was a difficult test.   They only do this because when the predicted inevitable occurs they can trump it up to be another great win for FMJ.

Hopefully he'll just crawl into a hole and die.  Ironic how classy I am when it comes to FMJ.

lol....classless?

nope. upper class membership for sure.

------ all the execs at hbo are laughin their asses off. think millionaires subscribe to the same moral system you do? think they give a fuck about larry merchant...or how old he is for that matter? appeal to old age??? for real? everyone is crying that floyd yelled at this old dude? fuck larry merchant! he is not any of your granddad's! why do you fee sucl a personal connection with him? fuck him and every year longer he has been on the planet! appeal to old age...what the fuck is wrong with people

in the end, you and all the other sour puss's are bummed when floyd wins cause you know he has a fan base...somethin you dont believe he deserves. whatever different strokes for different folks. i just dont see the point in gettin so worked up about it, seems unhealthy for sure.

i'm hoping for the pacquiao fight. redundant i know.

streetlion1
I would love to see Mayweather vs Cotto but that wont happen. My guess would be Mayweather vs Berto...I dont think Ortiz will get his rematch although I wouldnt mind seeing it.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather late next year.
JONdaCON817
lets convince him to fight Carl Froch!!....
JONdaCON817
PPL off the Top of my Head....

Khan

Ortiz rematch

ide like to see.....

Froch

Ward

Martinez

Bundrage
Jack 1000
Hopefully he'll just crawl into a hole and die. Ironic how classy I am when it comes to FMJ.

+5!!!! Great post! hahahaha!

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 19 2011, 02:37 PM) *
lets convince him to fight Carl Froch!!....

Haha the ultimate clash of egos!!!
checkleft
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 19 2011, 09:35 AM) *

Somebody has a crush on pbf..

Khan is the most logical answer, the manny fight will not happen.
And Khan is an in house fighter and he's the most marketable one next to manny and Saul alvarez who is still too green.
And let's face it the Martinez fight is completely out of the question
Jack 1000
I think it will be Ortiz II and than Khan.

Maybe.....maybe Sergio in a farewell fight, but I don't know if Floyd would take the risk.

I doubt the Pacquiao fight happens. Blame both sides, Even if testing got done, other bullshit politics would get involved, preventing the fight....( purse, referee, judges, who enters first.)

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 19 2011, 04:36 AM) *
It doesn't matter who. The result will still be the same. He can fight his next opponent in the international space station at 0 g's and the result will still be the same. Boxing's best hope of beating Floyd Mayweather rests in the hands of Manny Pacquiao? With that said, Floyd Mayweather will be in for another easy victory en route to be the best fighter of this era. Manny's not in that league. Not much skill involved in what he does. Floyd is poetry in motion. The best of the best. When would Manny KO a fighter 10 years his junior like Mayweather and Marquez did? The answer is never. Have a nice political career chump. When Floyd's done in the ring as a fighter, he will still be a part of the sport. Manny wants to abandon boxing for dirty politics. The sport has garnered him great wealth and international stardom, yet he wants to be in politics. What an ingreat. Floyd's going to help the kids like Cash Flow, BlackaPino, Kai, and his sons with their Am and pro careers. Viva the fighting Mayweathers. Once again, it doesn't matter who's next. Floyd's not like Manny. He cares about whom he's about to fight, so he won't end up in the ring with a washed up fighter.

enough is enough, HIVmane. take Gayweather out of your ass and respect the real GOAT, Pacquiao.
Big Slim Sweet
If it's not Pacquaio, I'll say Khan in September, followed by Alvarez in May 2013.

Floyd seems to be sticking with GBP fighters at this time. He needs one of the big time promotional companies to handle the event.

If he fights Sergio, who promotes an event of that magnitude? DiBella? LMFAO.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 19 2011, 09:31 PM) *
If it's not Pacquaio, I'll say Khan in September, followed by Alvarez in May 2013.

Floyd seems to be sticking with GBP fighters at this time. He needs one of the big time promotional companies to handle the event.

If he fights Sergio, who promotes an event of that magnitude? DiBella? LMFAO.

Man is that Razor Ramone in your avi?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 19 2011, 08:32 PM) *
Man is that Razor Ramone in your avi?

The one and only. The avi's more recent of course. And a mug shot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 19 2011, 09:45 PM) *
The one and only. The avi's more recent of course. And a mug shot.

Maxy
Has to be Pacquaio.

If they can't put there heads together and sort something out for the fans of the sport, then they might as well both jack it in so we can all move on.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Sep 20 2011, 05:46 PM) *
Has to be Pacquaio.

If they can't put there heads together and sort something out for the fans of the sport, then they might as well both jack it in so we can all move on.

Absolutely. Where you been man? Not seen u here for a bit?
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 20 2011, 01:48 PM) *
Absolutely. Where you been man? Not seen u here for a bit?

Been about but lost the will to post.

Lovin' all the work you and a few of the others have been putting in though. thumbsup_anim.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Sep 20 2011, 05:50 PM) *
Been about but lost the will to post.

Lovin' all the work you and a few of the others have been putting in though. thumbsup_anim.gif

Ha I understand that sentiment. I'd be the same but I find myself with a lot of time on my hands so what am I goin to do!
EAlbian
QUOTE (Maxy @ Sep 20 2011, 12:46 PM) *
Has to be Pacquaio.

agree 100%. Shit I think they could do 2 million buys for just the negotiation for the terms of the fight. I'd love to see Bob Arum and Floyd in the same room trying to hash this shit out haha
Spyder
I say Floyd's next opponent will be Miss Jackson.

He'll soften her up to the body...lean in to kiss and make up, then drop her with the combo!

Easy money.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 20 2011, 06:08 PM) *

He'll soften her up to the body...lean in to kiss and make up, then drop her with the combo!

Easy money.

"You're in the wrong hole Floyd!"

"How many arseholes you got Miss Jackson?"
KookedKrack
Pac man or Khan hopefully. Both will be easy work.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 20 2011, 02:08 PM) *

Easy money.

...and that's a fight that he'll lose in the long-run. If he makes her sign a prenupt and she doesn't have any crumbsnatchers, then he will be okay. Im pretty sure he'll do the opposite, so yeah; child support, alimony, and possible jail time for backed-up child support payments or jail time for attacking her about backed-up child support payments. Either way, he should probably look forward to being broke or serving possible jail time. She wins this one, hands down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.