Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we talk about Roger Mayweather's Instructions?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
"Get that motherfucker, motherfucker!"

gravytrain
usually it's Roger Mayweather saying "box that motherfucker, that's all you've got to do" and then Ellerbe says "box him"
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2011, 04:11 PM) *

Hey Meth, "just keep doing what you're doing."

And somewhere from behind (where else?) comes the voice of an effete homosexual "Yeah keep doing what he said! Ummm you need a rub down champ?"
zucrates
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 19 2011, 12:14 AM) *
usually it's Roger Mayweather saying "box that motherfucker, that's all you've got to do" and then Ellerbe says "box him"

Thats because like Floyd Srs say Roger has taught Floyd Shit anyway!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2011, 12:11 AM) *

Hahahaha!!! Roger always brings that entertainment to fights.

Roger: "That's all you gotta do, keep shootin' that stick on that muhfucka. That muhfucka can't fight no damn way, shit (in place of a comma in his sentence). Boxin' a thinkin' man's game...just keep boxin' that muhfucka".

Ellerbe: " You gotta keep boooxin' that muhfucka" (rubbing on Floyd's chest).

I wouldn't doubt that Roger gives better instructions during camp when he watches tapes on Floyd's opponents, but that shit that he always says on tv is pure comedy! I don't know who's the funniest trainer between rounds...Roger Mayweather, Yoel Judah, or Kevin Cunningham.
flazi
my favorite "tap that ass just keep tappin that ass"
Eighty88Eight
roger's a good trainer. fighters should be more commonly reminded that they should be out there whuppin muhfucka's, instead staring at referees and making friendship
BGv2.0
I guess I'll be the first to say it. I think and have always thought Roger's advice is pure garbage. Roger Mayweather is simply riding the coat tails of a nephew that has major daddy issues.

I honestly do not think it's Roger's "training" advice that has gotten PBF his 42 wins. It's more a case of very picky matchmaking and sheer talent of the fighter himself.

Anyone of us could say "this muthafuka this and that muthafucka that"....

People think it's funny....I guess it was the first 10 times you saw it...now it's just crap IMHO and I myself get very little out of it as a fan. I think it's just another display of thuggish crap that just shows the true colors of what the core of this family is all about.....domestic violence, shit talking, beating up women and breeding more fucked up kids.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 19 2011, 02:45 PM) *
I guess I'll be the first to say it. I think and have always thought Roger's advice is pure garbage. Roger Mayweather is simply riding the coat tails of a nephew that has major daddy issues.

I honestly do not think it's Roger's "training" advice that has gotten PBF his 42 wins. It's more a case of very picky matchmaking and sheer talent of the fighter himself.

Anyone of us could say "this muthafuka this and that muthafucka that"....

People think it's funny....I guess it was the first 10 times you saw it...now it's just crap IMHO and I myself get very little out of it as a fan. I think it's just another display of thuggish crap that just shows the true colors of what the core of this family is all about.....domestic violence, shit talking, beating up women and breeding more fucked up kids.

the real work is done in the gym. if u train ur fighter right...u really don't have to say much in the corner. some of these fighters would fall apart without proper guidance.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2011, 07:42 PM) *
the real work is done in the gym. if u train ur fighter right...u really don't have to say much in the corner. some of these fighters would fall apart without proper guidance.

you just said a mouth full... most of haglers between round fight footage is mostly quiet.. maybe a little talking but for the most part the petronellis felt like the plan was laid in the gym... there was no need to really talk to hagler or give instructions in between rounds...
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2011, 08:42 PM) *

I agree.

I think a lot of other trainers confuse their fighters or take them off their game by taking too much.
Like yoel Judah.. or when mw Sr trained hatton.

The training is done in camp, if your really prepared you shouldn't be hearing much from the corner.

But I do think mayweather does a lot of the thinking himself in the ring.
flazi
his instructions in the n'dou fight were spot on. "check back counter this mofo"
blackbelt2003
Floyd is a very intelligent fighter. Roger is thick as fuck. Floyd needs no instructions from him once the bell goes.

Black
daprofessor
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 20 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Floyd is a very intelligent fighter. Roger is thick as fuck. Floyd needs no instructions from him once the bell goes.

Black

it's more than just instruction though. when was the last time floyd didn't have roger in his corner? against baldomir i believe. he looked less than spectacular in that performance. my guess....if roger was there...floyd would have done better.
King Eugene
I like Roger but from what I've seen the most he does is those damn catch drills and motivates in the corner. That may be important to Floyd but I think Floyd could go in there without a trainer and still win the damn fight. Wasn't it Floyd Sr. who was the strategiest?

Anyway I like Floyd coming forward and bringing the fight to guys now.
pesticid
Roger was talking in an interview about teaching Lil FLoyd how to fight against southpaws and how his brother never helped him out with that. The interview might have been on Fighthype, I am not 100% certain. Anywyay, Floyd has never looked that good against a southpaw as he did against Ortiz. He looked bad against Zab, not the best against Sharmba and Corley. So maybe Roger deserves a lot more credit that is being given to him. Just based on last fight and Pac's style, if Floyd fights the same way, there is no way Pac can catch him. The reach difference is too big. Even if Pac jumps in, Floyd will keep a really good distance on him. The only guy that Floyd had trouble with as far as distance was DLH, cause DLH was tall, very fast and had a great jab, maybe even better than Floyd's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.