Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather-Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
The headbutt was dumb and there is no excuse for it....but I believe there is a deeper reason for the legal sucker punch that came afterward. Im gonna go ahead and assume that im the only one who had Victor ahead after 3 rounds and winning the 4th. Compu box doesnt tell the story of the fight I saw. Floyd had a big 3rd round when Victor stopped throwing punches and of course was chopping Ortiz up with counter rights....but he never hurt Ortiz and the whole while Victor is hammering Floyd with shots, getting physical, and making Floyd very uncomfortable. Who really knows what wouldve happened but it looked like Floyds shots couldnt hurt Ortiz and as long as Victor let his hands go he was putting Floyd on the defensive and winning the fight. I think Ortiz landed more punches than he was given credit for.

All that being said there is also no excuse for Joe Cortez losing control of the fight and not taking the time to bring the fighters together as always done and call time in. I had the fight at 2 rounds a piece after the point deduction. If not for a sucker punch we may have seen a good fight.
Dlac
wtf!
BigMoneySlayer
Bottom line Ortiz should've had his guard up, knowing he just head butted Mayweather on purpose and He could've reacted after Mayweather landed that first punch

Ortiz didn't do his homework on Floyd..Floyd don't like to do too much talking during the fight especially after being intentionally head butted..look at the Mosley fight..Mosley was trying to talk to Floyd with his hands down during the fight and Floyd jabbed him..common sense tell you to have your guard up after you foul someone..cause you know they probably wanna get you back
mgrover
dude shut the fuck up and take it to one of the other fucking topics about it. theres about 5 threads arguing this shit.
K18
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 19 2011, 10:01 AM) *
The headbutt was dumb and there is no excuse for it....but I believe there is a deeper reason for the legal sucker punch that came afterward. Im gonna go ahead and assume that im the only one who had Victor ahead after 3 rounds and winning the 4th. Compu box doesnt tell the story of the fight I saw. Floyd had a big 3rd round when Victor stopped throwing punches and of course was chopping Ortiz up with counter rights....but he never hurt Ortiz and the whole while Victor is hammering Floyd with shots, getting physical, and making Floyd very uncomfortable. Who really knows what wouldve happened but it looked like Floyds shots couldnt hurt Ortiz and as long as Victor let his hands go he was putting Floyd on the defensive and winning the fight. I think Ortiz landed more punches than he was given credit for.

All that being said there is also no excuse for Joe Cortez losing control of the fight and not taking the time to bring the fighters together as always done and call time in. I had the fight at 2 rounds a piece after the point deduction. If not for a sucker punch we may have seen a good fight.

WTF fight were you watching?? Floyd was dominating him, besides the little flurry he had in the second round(which in reality only one good clean shot landed to Floyds temple), he didn't do anything to Floyd, its obvious u don't know what clean shots are and its obvious u missed Ortiz's head being snapped back several times by that straight right. This is the most bizarre shit I have read...how the heck could anyone have Ortiz winning the fight?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 19 2011, 10:01 AM) *

You may be the only one alive who had Ortiz winning that fight. Dude get your eyesight checked and hope a Mod ends this embarrassing thread.
cwhite25
I dont know what fight you were watching you need to put that crack pipe down...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 19 2011, 11:01 AM) *

WTF fight were you watching?

Ortiz' best round was round 2 - and it's debateable if he even won that round. You must be blind if you had Ortiz up going into the 4th and NO, Ortiz was *not* winning the 4th round - even without the point being taken away.

The complexion of this fight changed early in the 3rd round when Floyd connected with two left hooks that *hurt* Ortiz. He spent the whole of the 3rd round retreating from Floyd. The fight was essentially over after the 3rd and I told the people I was watching the fight with as much in between the 3rd and 4th. Sure enough, Ortiz found a way out of the fight in the very next round.
Eighty88Eight
you jus another bag a white rice, TC. you need an ass whuppin, muhfucka. git dat ass tapped, muhfucka, you don't know shit bout boxing nohow.
JONdaCON817
i gave May all 4 rounds... you could argue the 2nd went to Ortiz but only because it was a BETTER round for him.. not really winning... and May threw pot shots the whole time except to start the 4th... he threw that Nasty 4 punch combo and landed all of them...

your deff the only person in the world to have Ortiz winning.. hell even Ortiz knew he was losing... his Corner knew he was losing... even his mama and daddy KNEW he was gonna be a loser, thats why they left him..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.