Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berto v Alexander
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
PColeman28
If this fight does get made, wouldn't it just be career suicide for alexander because i think he's lower than a tomato can as far as his boxing skills are concerned I definitely can't see him beating berto.....
EAlbian
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 19 2011, 03:47 PM) *
If this fight does get made, wouldn't it just be career suicide for alexander because i think he's lower than a tomato can as far as his boxing skills are concerned I definitely can't see him beating berto.....

I think Alexander wins this one fairly easy. Berto has 0 head movement and Alexanders punches are as straight as they come. He's also a southpaw. I guess we will see but I think Alexander has fought the better opposition and has more boxing ability than Berto. Berto's hands are faster but he has no stamina and and doesn't move his head when punches are coming, Alexander could beat him on activity alone. I think he stops him. Alexander will be stronger @147. Sig bet
PColeman28
that's true he has faced better opposition and berto didn't impress me two weeks ago in his fight for the IBF belt....i forgot alexander was south paw so this might actually be a good match up for both of them
MrChampagne123
Honestly Berto would sleep Alexander. Berto got more all around skill but to move up and take Berto out the gate is suicide for him. Berto isnt great by no means but he is the best Alexander would have faced outside Bradly and we know how that ended....
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 03:01 PM) *
I think Alexander wins this one fairly easy. Berto has 0 head movement and Alexanders punches are as straight as they come. He's also a southpaw. I guess we will see but I think Alexander has fought the better opposition and has more boxing ability than Berto. Berto's hands are faster but he has no stamina and and doesn't move his head when punches are coming, Alexander could beat him on activity alone. I think he stops him. Alexander will be stronger @147. Sig bet

shyt ill take you up on that!!... no way Alexander wins unless theyre fighting in St. Louis and Nelly was a judge..

Berto is too strong for those butterfly kisses Alexander calls punches.. he needs to fight Paulie Malignaggi.

i say Berto wins by KO...
HazConvictedFelonMane
Alexander lost 3 in a row. If he faces Berto, it would be 4 in a row. His credibility is flawed. I hope he doesn't think he can win on the sole basis of him being a southpaw. Ortiz's southpaw style was coupled with ruthless aggression. Ortiz shouted Manny out during the post fight interview this past April. Maybe Berto was hitting on something with his tweet. The right hand Berto landed in the 6th, looked more brutal that Floyd's right hand, yet Ortiz got up from it. I don't know if it were determination or whatever but when the testing has been in place, fighters have been showing the world what they are really made of. Berto's not smart for dealing with Victor Conte though. All of this speculation on cheating can be squashed by implementing the testing. We'd be able to see who's truly a great fighter, and who doesn't make the cut. OSDT would seperate the boys from the men. With enough PED's, any old joe schmoe could become a world champion.
sduck
I got my money on Berto. Alexander won't hurt Berto at all, Berto will run right through him.
checkleft
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 19 2011, 03:37 PM) *
shyt ill take you up on that!!... no way Alexander wins unless theyre fighting in St. Louis and Nelly was a judge..

Berto is too strong for those butterfly kisses Alexander calls punches.. he needs to fight Paulie Malignaggi.

Haha.. I definitely agree
Alexander has 0 POP, bad defence, and he has bad stamina too.

Berto is stronger faster, he has stamina problems but he's used to the weight.

I would say berto by ko
Lil-lightsout
Berto all day.
kingknockout
depends on who set's the pace of the fight and makes the other fight their fight...

I've seen alexander come forward and throw punches and I've also seen him fight going backwards, he just won't let someone beat him down and he not answer back, he'll always throw back.

but speed is power and berto is faster than alexander, plus berto has power...so if berto doesn't get tired and box I can see him landing more shots on alexander than alex could land on him.

thing about berto is, he wants to go in there and just drop bombs instead of box alot of times, which was his downfall during the ortiz fight...Otiz made berto fight his fight, which eventually got berto tired and he lost stem on his punches.

I don't think Berto can go in there and "fight" alexander all the way to 12 rounds, but if he box him from the outside he can do it.

Alexander's jab can also stop berto cold because like other's have said berto has no head movement.

I rather see Berto vs Timothy Bradley or even someone like Amir Khan, styles make fights.
gravytrain
i think Berto wins but Alexander will be another fighter to expose the flaws in Berto.
EAlbian
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 19 2011, 04:37 PM) *

Looks like we got a sig bet then.

Was that a butterfly kiss that he landed on Urango? How about the left he landed on Witter? Alexander can punch he just needs a certain type of fighter ie one with poor defense and no head movement ala Berto. Kotelnik had a great Jab and kept his chin tucked. Bradley is gonna be hard for anyone to look good against but the fight wasn't dominated by any means. Mathyesse is better than people give credit to. I think Alexander will fit in better @147, always thought he would. I really wish he would get rid of Cunningham and hook up with Manny Steward
King Eugene
This fight for me is hard to call. I'm leaning towards Alexander though. I think it goes twelve rounds but gets sluggish as the end because both have shown to tire out I'm going with Alexander. It will be a slow paced methotical fight.
checkleft
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 06:27 PM) *

Was that a butterfly kiss that he landed on Urango? How about the left he landed on Witter? Alexander can punch he just needs a certain type of fighter ie one with poor defense and no head movement ala Berto. Kotelnik had a great Jab and kept his chin tucked. Bradley is gonna be hard for anyone to look good against but the fight wasn't dominated by any means. Mathyesse is better than people give credit to. I think Alexander will fit in better @147, always thought he would. I really wish he would get rid of Cunningham and hook up with Manny Steward

Witter and urango are not top fighters. Alexander cannot step up against good fighters, he only fights one way and punches like he's in the amateurs still.. its mostly his corners fault but I think he's a little undersized and not strong enough for 147. But who knows
checkleft
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 06:27 PM) *

Witter and urango are not top fighters. Alexander cannot step up against good fighters, he only fights one way and punches like he's in the amateurs still.. its mostly his corners fault but I think he's a little undersized and not strong enough for 147. But who knows
EAlbian
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2011, 10:56 PM) *

Witter and Urango at the time were suppose to be formidable opponents. Berto's best wins are who? Quintana and Collazo? Zavek? Cosme Rivera? Estrada? Forbes? Get real, Alexander beat the hell out of both. Berto is the same level as Alexander, Alexander just got exposed first. Berto isnt going to change his game, Alexander still has hope. Berto isn't active enough to beat Alexander by UD and so far devon has displayed a good chin. Its a pick'em fight, I think Alexander has more than enough to beat Berto who just can't seem to adjust in the ring. It's make or break for both.

I'd love to see a WW tournament, any of these fights

Alexander v Berto

Zavek vs Ortiz

Khan v Matthysse

Jones vs Bradley(Don't see this happening, Arum keeps this in house for Pac)

Mosley v Maidana(still think this a hell of a fight)

Peterson v Jones(more likely)

Berto v Ortiz II

Maidana v Kahn II

Maidana vs Matthysse(fight of the yr)

Ortiz vs Khan

Berto vs Khan

You could basically mix and match any of those fights and fighters

Cshel86
This can go either way, but I slightly give Alexander the edge because of his handspeed and he stays busy. It also has the possibility of being a dud at the same time. Berto has shitty defense, so he will play his role as the Clinch King, but if he touches Alexander, it wont be an easy night for Devon.

Alexander pitty-pat punches and doesn't plant his feet often, so I wouldn't look for too many power shots. If he plants his feet and times it, then more power to him...but he may play it safe and box in circles. So we have the Pitty-Pat Puncher and the Clinch King, so if neither of them go for broke, then dont expect much of a fight. I would still watch it though!

mrchitown
I like both fighters but I'm going with Berto because he has more pop and he's used to the weight. Those slapping punches by Alexander are not going to get the job done
BoxingStill#1
I like maidana bradley...

Bradley Ortiz...Ortiz too big?
TheFonz
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Sep 20 2011, 01:23 AM) *
I like maidana bradley...

Bradley Ortiz...Ortiz too big?

Bradley beat Ortiz IMO.
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 20 2011, 07:47 AM) *
Bradley beat Ortiz IMO.

Hell nah, Bradley will get skunked easily! Ortiz is too big and relentless against somebody who isn't as fast, skilled, and lacks defense. Bradley hasn't fought an Ortiz in his career, and he should probably keep it that way. If anything, this fight will be a battle of the headbutts.
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 19 2011, 11:30 PM) *
Witter and Urango at the time were suppose to be formidable opponents. Berto's best wins are who? Quintana and Collazo? Zavek? Cosme Rivera? Estrada? Forbes? Get real, Alexander beat the hell out of both. Berto is the same level as Alexander, Alexander just got exposed first. Berto isnt going to change his game, Alexander still has hope. Berto isn't active enough to beat Alexander by UD and so far devon has displayed a good chin. Its a pick'em fight, I think Alexander has more than enough to beat Berto who just can't seem to adjust in the ring. It's make or break for both.

I'd love to see a WW tournament, any of these fights

Alexander v Berto

Zavek vs Ortiz

Khan v Matthysse

Jones vs Bradley(Don't see this happening, Arum keeps this in house for Pac)

Mosley v Maidana(still think this a hell of a fight)

Peterson v Jones(more likely)

Berto v Ortiz II

Maidana v Kahn II

Maidana vs Matthysse(fight of the yr)

Ortiz vs Khan

Berto vs Khan

You could basically mix and match any of those fights and fighters

...and EAlbian...where tha hell have you been bro? search.gif...I almost sent a smoke signal out for you.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 20 2011, 09:18 AM) *
...and EAlbian...where tha hell have you been bro? search.gif...I almost sent a smoke signal out for you.

haha, work. I needed a big month so I had to limit my board time.
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 20 2011, 10:45 AM) *
haha, work. I needed a big month so I had to limit my board time.

A big month?! Sounds like big business, so I will take your word for it.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 20 2011, 09:04 AM) *
Hell nah, Bradley will get skunked easily! Ortiz is too big and relentless against somebody who isn't as fast, skilled, and lacks defense. Bradley hasn't fought an Ortiz in his career, and he should probably keep it that way. If anything, this fight will be a battle of the headbutts.

strongly disagree... the blueprint is out on ortiz... but in bradleys case... he out mans ortiz that blue print goes out the window... bradley is more of a man than ortiz is in the ring (ortiz reminds me of jose luis lopez a welter from the 90's... dangerous in his own right but never quite hit the mark where he was expected to go)... pure and simple... ortiz would eventually get frustrated things arent going his way and commence to fouling just like he did last saturday.... ortiz is a good young fighter, but he is not prime time yet.. he thought he was and so did his team... but he is still espn or at best boxing after dark... bradley on the other hand is one of those fighters that when active isnt quite an A level fighter just yet... but he is just above a B level fighter... he is in that empty grey space in between an A class fighter and an upper level B class fighter meaning he needs that chance on the big stage to see what he can do... the fight that needs to be made in some time once he becomes active again is bradley vs berto... that is a great fan friendly fight waiting to hapen...
EAlbian
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 20 2011, 10:48 AM) *
strongly disagree... the blueprint is out on ortiz... but in bradleys case... he out mans ortiz that blue print goes out the window... bradley is more of a man than ortiz is in the ring (ortiz reminds me of jose luis lopez a welter from the 90's... dangerous in his own right but never quite hit the mark where he was expected to go)... pure and simple... ortiz would eventually get frustrated things arent going his way and commence to fouling just like he did last saturday.... ortiz is a good young fighter, but he is not prime time yet.. he thought he was and so did his team... but he is still espn or at best boxing after dark... bradley on the other hand is one of those fighters that when active isnt quite an A level fighter just yet... but he is just above a B level fighter... he is in that empty grey space in between an A class fighter and an upper level B class fighter meaning he needs that chance on the big stage to see what he can do... the fight that needs to be made in some time once he becomes active again is bradley vs berto... that is a great fan friendly fight waiting to hapen...

a B+? Berto and Bradley is a good fight. They actually fought in the amateurs for a national title i believe, so there is some back story. Berto won if my memory serves me correctly. I think Ortiz has the style to beat Berto, he already did it once. I think he could potentially walk through Bradley but Bradley has the stamina and output to keep him fighting and frustrated. Ortiz vs Bradley is an interesting fight, if smaller guys were able to drop Bradley i think Ortiz could do the same. I wanna see Bradley vs Rios
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 20 2011, 10:55 AM) *
a B+? Berto and Bradley is a good fight. They actually fought in the amateurs for a national title i believe, so there is some back story. Berto won if my memory serves me correctly. I think Ortiz has the style to beat Berto, he already did it once. I think he could potentially walk through Bradley but Bradley has the stamina and output to keep him fighting and frustrated. Ortiz vs Bradley is an interesting fight, if smaller guys were able to drop Bradley i think Ortiz could do the same. I wanna see Bradley vs Rios

ortiz is a spurt type of fighter... he fights in spurts... bradley would be mauling him all night long... thats a fight i would really like to see... yes bradley has been dropped... but so has ortiz... maidana mauled ortiz... even tho maidana may have a harder punch it was an accumilation that caught up with ortiz... it killed his will.... ortiz dont have the heart to get into the thick of a hard fight and grind it out... again that came out during the maidana fight and during his post fight interview... matter of fact im not so sure he was debilitated saturday night... i think his experience came into play and he thought he could pull out a dq... i could be wrong but hey... his heart has been on display before... just saying... my stock is no where in victor ortiz... paulie mallinaggi has more heart than that guy...
checkleft

I say they make that tourney happen so we can find out. Well except for the Bradley part of it because it seems he thinks hes too much of a big name for anyone.

I think ortiz takes Bradley though.
EAlbian
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 20 2011, 11:10 AM) *
ortiz is a spurt type of fighter... he fights in spurts... bradley would be mauling him all night long... thats a fight i would really like to see... yes bradley has been dropped... but so has ortiz... maidana mauled ortiz... even tho maidana may have a harder punch it was an accumilation that caught up with ortiz... it killed his will.... ortiz dont have the heart to get into the thick of a hard fight and grind it out... again that came out during the maidana fight and during his post fight interview... matter of fact im not so sure he was debilitated saturday night... i think his experience came into play and he thought he could pull out a dq... i could be wrong but hey... his heart has been on display before... just saying... my stock is no where in victor ortiz... paulie mallinaggi has more heart than that guy...

I think he has shown that he is predisposed to quit when things get tough but he also showed heart/determination against Berto. I don't think Bradley walks thru anyone, he's not really a puncher, however he is a mauler. I don't think he provides the the stuff that makes Ortiz quit. Bradley isn't accurate really and doesn't have pop. I think Ortiz vs anyone @147 besides Pac and May is a good fight, not saying he beats 'em tho
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 20 2011, 11:27 AM) *
I think he has shown that he is predisposed to quit when things get tough but he also showed heart/determination against Berto. I don't think Bradley walks thru anyone, he's not really a puncher, however he is a mauler. I don't think he provides the the stuff that makes Ortiz quit. Bradley isn't accurate really and doesn't have pop. I think Ortiz vs anyone @147 besides Pac and May is a good fight, not saying he beats 'em tho

well bradley has already walked through alexander whom it seems berto is thinking bout fighting... and i think he'd walk down ortiz... thats just what he does..

as for ortiz... i actually think ortiz vs pac is a very fan friendly fight... i would like to see that actually... ortiz would have a shot with his style in that fight... styles make fights and that would be a train wreck... id give the edge to pac but i can see them blasting each other early and often... but then again its not a good fight for pac now cuzz it would another case of floyds left overs but for fight value... i think thats an excellent fight to make to keep pac juicing the public to buy his fights... lol... and i would buy it!!! lmao...
EAlbian
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 20 2011, 11:41 AM) *
well bradley has already walked through alexander whom it seems berto is thinking bout fighting... and i think he'd walk down ortiz... thats just what he does..

as for ortiz... i actually think ortiz vs pac is a very fan friendly fight... i would like to see that actually... ortiz would have a shot with his style in that fight... styles make fights and that would be a train wreck... id give the edge to pac but i can see them blasting each other early and often... but then again its not a good fight for pac now cuzz it would another case of floyds left overs but for fight value... i think thats an excellent fight to make to keep pac juicing the public to buy his fights... lol... and i would buy it!!! lmao...

I would't say he walked through Alexander, neither guy landed anything of substance.

I think Pac walks thru Ortiz and Ortiz shits himself before round 3. Pac takes punches well is fast and can hit. real bad news for Ortiz. Activity and a solid chin dont bode well for victor
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 20 2011, 11:59 AM) *
I would't say he walked through Alexander, neither guy landed anything of substance.

I think Pac walks thru Ortiz and Ortiz shits himself before round 3. Pac takes punches well is fast and can hit. real bad news for Ortiz. Activity and a solid chin dont bode well for victor

we may find out sooner than later being pac seems hell bent on a mission to try and beat former foes of mayweather better than he did... we may just see...
TheFonz
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 20 2011, 10:04 AM) *

I'm really starting to think you don't know what your talking about.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 20 2011, 11:48 AM) *

In my honest opinion, Bradley doesn't really have the tools to beat Ortiz, thats what Im trying to say. He definitely has heart, something Ortiz doesn't have, but I see Ortiz having his way with him. He did almost nothing against Alexander, and he has yet to really impress me or make me view him as a top 10 fighter (in my book). Bradley vs Berto would be a great fight, I do agree with you on that...though I believe Berto would step away with that one too.

You were right about Bradley being in that grey space, and he does need a chance against a strong welterweight on B.A.D., but he needs to win convincingly. I have yet to be sold him, solely because of his activity during fights, and the way his fights end.

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 21 2011, 08:22 AM) *
I'm really starting to think you don't know what your talking about.

Well that makes two of us, if you truly believe that Bradley beats Ortiz. Just because Ortiz lost Saturday night, doesn't mean that he doesn't stand a chance against anybody else. He lost to a truly skilled fighter, and I haven't seen that in Bradley yet. He has heart, no doubt, but I need to see him in a better fight (where he wins convincingly), before I start adding W's to his record. If he beat Alexander convincingly, then Im sure Alexander wouldn't have been stupid enough to take a Matthysse fight, knowing that he truly lost to Bradley.

I wont bash him too bad, but needs an impressive win before I consider him beating greater/known opponents. Other than that, Berto/Alexander (hopefully) is what's next...and it should be a decent bout. Oh yeah...it's "you're", not "your". Make sure YOUR grammar is in order before you get gung ho, and call me out about my opinion. My opinion doesn't matter, but your grammar when addressing my opinion, counts the most.
lloyd mayflower
I agree with you about Bradley Cshel, I dont see it in him. I would go as far as to say I flat out dislike him due to his style, his headbutts, and his dull as dishwater personality. No reason to suspect he can step up to 147 and take it to Ortiz.
TheFonz
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 21 2011, 08:48 AM) *
In my honest opinion, Bradley doesn't really have the tools to beat Ortiz, thats what Im trying to say. He definitely has heart, something Ortiz doesn't have, but I see Ortiz having his way with him. He did almost nothing against Alexander, and he has yet to really impress me or make me view him as a top 10 fighter (in my book). Bradley vs Berto would be a great fight, I do agree with you on that...though I believe Berto would step away with that one too.

You were right about Bradley being in that grey space, and he does need a chance against a strong welterweight on B.A.D., but he needs to win convincingly. I have yet to be sold him, solely because of his activity during fights, and the way his fights end.

Well that makes two of us, if you truly believe that Bradley beats Ortiz. Just because Ortiz lost Saturday night, doesn't mean that he doesn't stand a chance against anybody else. He lost to a truly skilled fighter, and I haven't seen that in Bradley yet. He has heart, no doubt, but I need to see him in a better fight (where he wins convincingly), before I start adding W's to his record. If he beat Alexander convincingly, then Im sure Alexander wouldn't have been stupid enough to take a Matthysse fight, knowing that he truly lost to Bradley.

I wont bash him too bad, but needs an impressive win before I consider him beating greater/known opponents. Other than that, Berto/Alexander (hopefully) is what's next...and it should be a decent bout. Oh yeah...it's "you're", not "your". Make sure YOUR grammar is in order before you get gung ho, and call me out about my opinion. My opinion doesn't matter, but your grammar when addressing my opinion, counts the most.

Dude, you said Bradley has no skill, which means:

1. You've never seen him fight

or

2. You don't know what you are talking about.

I hope it's the first. Bradley makes Ortiz quit plain and simple. You can quote me on this. There is not one fighter who is more determined than Tim Bradley in boxing. Just becouse he come forward doesn't mean he doesn't have skill. Guys like Marvin Haggler and Evander Holyfield came forward with skill. Bradley fights like those guys. Bradley has plenty of skill and will come forward on Ortiz all the while slipping punches, frustrating Ortiz and dealing out his own punishment. Again, Bradley makes him quit.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 21 2011, 12:56 PM) *

or

I hope it's the first. Bradley makes Ortiz quit plain and simple. You can quote me on this. There is not one fighter who is more determined than Tim Bradley in boxing. Just becouse he come forward doesn't mean he doesn't have skill. Guys like Marvin Haggler and Evander Holyfield came forward with skill. Bradley fights like those guys. Bradley has plenty of skill and will come forward on Ortiz all the while slipping punches, frustrating Ortiz and dealing out his own punishment. Again, Bradley makes him quit.

Must be the fashionable thing to say that someone will make Ortiz quit, but Bradley is no Floyd and hes nothing like Maidana, so I dont see why Ortiz would quit against him. I agree with Cshel, we need to see Bradley in a legit test at WW, and soon. Sitting on the sidelines is not good for him, hes already pretty unpopular, and with every passing month, he becomes less and less significant.
TheFonz
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 21 2011, 09:00 AM) *
Must be the fashionable thing to say that someone will make Ortiz quit, but Bradley is no Floyd and hes nothing like Maidana, so I dont see why Ortiz would quit against him. I agree with Cshel, we need to see Bradley in a legit test at WW, and soon. Sitting on the sidelines is not good for him, hes already pretty unpopular, and with every passing month, he becomes less and less significant.

He makes him quit the same way he made Alexander quit. It's not the popular thing it's what I think will happen. Ortiz will get frustrated and die the death of a thousand papercuts if he fights Bradley.

I wish the Kahn fight would have went through, because if it we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 21 2011, 01:06 PM) *
He makes him quit the same way he made Alexander quit. It's not the popular thing it's what I think will happen. Ortiz will get frustrated and die the death of a thousand papercuts if he fights Bradley.

I wish the Kahn fight would have went through, because if it we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Yep, dont we all. I just wish he would drag his big stupid head off the couch and do SOMETHING. What he may or may not do to Ortiz isn't worthy of discussion now anyway cos he needs to fight his way back into significance and that doesnt appear to be happening anytime soon.
Eighty88Eight
if they put a pair of boxing gloves on a silverback gorilla, it would fight a lot like Andre Berto. he's going to destroy Alexander
TheFonz
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 21 2011, 09:14 AM) *
if they put a pair of boxing gloves on a silverback gorilla, it would fight a lot like Andre Berto. he's going to destroy Alexander

LOL, but no.

People forget that fucking Collazo gave Berto all he could handle and arguably beat Berto, IMO. Stevie Forbes who is not a real WW gave Berto all he could handle. Berto couldn't even KO Juan Urango who again is not a WW. Berto is not beating Alexander. Who was the only person KO Juan Urango, that's right Devon Alexander, just saying.
Eighty88Eight
Alexander is a C grade fighter. he shoe shines, has loose wrists, not much power, a lazy defense, and decent speed. Berto by KO, no doubt about it.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 21 2011, 09:19 AM) *
Alexander is a C grade fighter. he shoe shines, has loose wrists, not much power, a lazy defense, and decent speed. Berto by KO, no doubt about it.

C grade, dude are you serious? The guy is a former world champ and his one loss is to guy who is easly top 20 p4p. C grade?
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 21 2011, 08:53 AM) *
I agree with you about Bradley Cshel, I dont see it in him. I would go as far as to say I flat out dislike him due to his style, his headbutts, and his dull as dishwater personality. No reason to suspect he can step up to 147 and take it to Ortiz.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 21 2011, 09:00 AM) *

'Preciate the support. Like I always tell people, I can never question Tim Bradley's heart by any measure, but him competing against Pac or Mayweather type fighters isn't something that Im looking forward to any time soon...let alone, willing to pay money to see. He needs to close out his W's in a better fashion, and exhibit as much skill as he claims that he's not getting paid enough for. Maybe, I just need to see him fight again, to determine where he stands in my book of the elites (or potential elites).
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 21 2011, 01:38 PM) *
'Preciate the support. Like I always tell people, I can never question Tim Bradley's heart by any measure, but him competing against Pac or Mayweather type fighters isn't something that Im looking forward to any time soon...let alone, willing to pay money to see. He needs to close out his W's in a better fashion, and exhibit as much skill as he claims that he's not getting paid enough for. Maybe, I just need to see him fight again, to determine where he stands in my book of the elites (or potential elites).

Bradley looked good in the Peterson fight. he has some skills, but I don't think he has what is needed to beat Ortiz or Berto. He's too small imo to do what he's done @140 at 147. I don't see him walking thru Berto's shots or out-boxing him. So far i see 2 ways to beat Ortiz, walk thru him or out-box him on the outside. I dont see Bradley doing either to Ortiz at 147. I think Bradley should stay @140 and clean out the division, or whats left of it when everyone goes north, and look to get the guys coming up. I think Bradley vs Rios is a very good fight, both will come forward with heart and determination. I think Bradley is faster and is a better "boxer" but Rios has got power and can really pressure a guy. Winner could fight Maidana to unify the division in another great fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 21 2011, 08:56 AM) *

or

You may as well add #3. You believe Bradley is a boring and forgettable fighter, and #4. You wish that you never took time out of your LIFE to watch a premature, "WTF?! ending", lackluster, Bradley fight, to your Hello Kitty agenda book. Had I saw those two options on your post, then I would've responded with pride. Please dont further embarass yourself, by putting legends like Hagler (which you spelled wrong) and Holyfield in the same sentence or post, with Bradley's name...it shows me that you dig too deep and put enormous faith in a fighter who deserves none of the above accolades. Well hey, at least Bradley has one fan!

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 21 2011, 09:06 AM) *

I dont know's what's up with the "Ortiz will quit against anybody factor". Maidana MADE Ortiz quit by way of a physical and psychological beatdown, and Floyd did the same (not as bad) and gave Ortiz an open window to quit in good fashion (if there's such thing). I dont see Bradley breaking anybody down with an elusive, hard-to-hit style, or beating somebody to submission. He, nor Alexander, did anything great in that fight, so as far as Alexander quitting...I will leave that alone.

Bradley's not as good as he claims (or wants us to believe), so the best thing for him to do is fight EVERYBODY until the world wakes up from the "Bradley coma". Nobody's even asking about this guy, so that goes to show you his relevance (or lack there of). Sitting on the sideline, is not helping his "delusionally-induced" legacy...hell, has a few people to fight before he begs for the big stage:

Maidana: Fighting The Test will determine everything in regards to his position at 140 (if he chooses to remain a JWW)
Morales: This is a fight for a belt and a name on his resume, he better be careful
Guerrero: Good luck on this one
Matthysse: Only if he passes The Test , and wants to shove it down our throats that he's the best.
Zab Judah: This a fight for his resume
Alexander: Only if he wants to...
Khan: Let's hold our breath on this one
Berto: Good scrap, good luck
Ortiz: Good luck, he quits every 4 or 5 fights, and this may not be the one that he quits in. He may just give Bradley the "Berto treatment", if he's not careful.

All of these guys are see-sawing between 140 and 147, or they are out there for a fight. He better get in there and whoop some ass, because all of these guys have already whooped eachother's ass or they are planning to, and Bradley's name has yet to be mentioned in the mix. Nobody wants to give a guy a shot at the big stage, if all he fights is leftover guys who have already beaten each other to a pulp. You know how the cash cows go about eliminating challengers...
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 21 2011, 02:00 PM) *
Bradley looked good in the Peterson fight. he has some skills, but I don't think he has what is needed to beat Ortiz or Berto. He's too small imo to do what he's done @140 at 147. I don't see him walking thru Berto's shots or out-boxing him. So far i see 2 ways to beat Ortiz, walk thru him or out-box him on the outside. I dont see Bradley doing either to Ortiz at 147. I think Bradley should stay @140 and clean out the division, or whats left of it when everyone goes north, and look to get the guys coming up. I think Bradley vs Rios is a very good fight, both will come forward with heart and determination. I think Bradley is faster and is a better "boxer" but Rios has got power and can really pressure a guy. Winner could fight Maidana to unify the division in another great fight

This is something to look forward to. If I see this guy (Bradley) in two convincing fights within the next year, then I will react not all, but most of my thoughts on his fighting style. I just haven't been sold on anything that he's done, other than the Peterson and Holt fights, but that wasn't enough for me to stand up, raise my hand say my first and last name, then admit that Im a Bradley fan. Bradley and Berto are in the same boat in my opinion...they can both be gatekeepers in their divisions.

Im sure that they will both have big opportunities in the near future, but they have both semi-blown their opportunities to get over the hump and be truly recognized (Bradley/Alexander and Berto/Ortiz) as elite champions (in my opinion). Bradley sitting out after that stinker against Alexander is not a good look...especially if it was the first fight of the year. It's plain to see that they want to keep Berto relevant and they also feel some type of pity for him because he ended up getting another title shot, right after he lost his belt months ago.
PColeman28
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 21 2011, 11:15 AM) *
Maidana: Fighting The Test will determine everything in regards to his position at 140 (if he chooses to remain a JWW)
Morales: This is a fight for a belt and a name on his resume, he better be careful
Guerrero: Good luck on this one
Matthysse: Only if he passes The Test , and wants to shove it down our throats that he's the best.
Zab Judah: This a fight for his resume
Alexander: Only if he wants to...
Khan: Let's hold our breath on this one
Berto: Good scrap, good luck
Ortiz: Good luck, he quits every 4 or 5 fights, and this may not be the one that he quits in. He may just give Bradley the "Berto treatment", if he's not careful.

All of these guys are see-sawing between 140 and 147, or they are out there for a fight. He better get in there and whoop some ass, because all of these guys have already whooped eachother's ass or they are planning to, and Bradley's name has yet to be mentioned in the mix. Nobody wants to give a guy a shot at the big stage, if all he fights is leftover guys who have already beaten each other to a pulp. You know how the cash cows go about eliminating challengers...[/b]

I agree with this I think bradley has a lot to prove still and i think Ortiz beats him honestly
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 21 2011, 11:04 PM) *
I agree with this I think bradley has a lot to prove still and i think Ortiz beats him honestly

He sure does have a lot to prove...especially with all of these listed guys calling eachother out and planning on beating eachother to an extreme stage of comatose. I just started a Bradley thread, since his name has frequently come up, as of lately.
EAlbian
http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-we-not-...lexander--44076

Dibella isn't interested, looks like Randall Bailey is next followed by Ortiz if they can get him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.