Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Possible Dark Side of Mexican Boxers
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
I am reading this book called "To Die in Mexico", the book is about the drug cartels in Mexico and how it is a multi billion dollar business. The government of Mexico is also apart of the drug cartel. Whatever government is elected they are hooked up with a drug cartel and they use their resources to kill off the competition. The reason why the international global economy did not collaspe was because the drug money from Mexico kept the banks stable: We see a lot of Mexican fighters out of Mexico, from the streets of Mexico, I wonder if any of these boxers are finaced by these cartels and how much of a debt do these boxers have to pay to these cartels in order to become successful. If drug cartels are promoting these boxers does the US government and boxing commissions have a legal right to ban these boxers if drug cartels support them? Because of these cartels are some of these Mexican fighters mules for these cartels... and lastly do these cartels have enough power to fix fights? We know Arum has his connections as well as Don King but the Cartels are in the shadows... just wondering any thoughts?
JONdaCON817
This thread should be closed due to excessive homosexuality...

I actually stopped reading once i hit the word POSSIBLE in the title.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 19 2011, 06:10 PM) *
I am reading this book called "To Die in Mexico", the book is about the drug cartels in Mexico and how it is a multi billion dollar business. The government of Mexico is also apart of the drug cartel. Whatever government is elected they are hooked up with a drug cartel and they use their resources to kill off the competition. The reason why the international global economy did collaspe was because the drug money from Mexico kept the banks stable: We see a lot of Mexican fighters out of Mexico, from the streets of Mexico, I wonder if any of these boxers are finaced by these cartels and how much of a debt do these boxers have to pay to these cartels in order to become successful. If drug cartels are promoting these boxers does the US government and boxing commissions have a legal right to ban these boxers if drug cartels support them? Because of these cartels are some of these Mexican fighters mules for these cartels... and lastly do these cartels have enough power to fix fights? We know Arum has his connections as well as Don King but the Cartels are in the shadows... just wondering any thoughts?

u bring up a lot of valid points that i believe no one in boxing will address for fear of retaliation. i remember hearing stories of chavez being tied to cartels...but i don't know for sure. if a guy like margarito can get his license back when he should have been banned for life...then he gets not one...but two title shots afterwards. it makes one wonder.
gravytrain
i don't know if cartels are in with boxing like the mob used to be, i really doubt they back fighters though. if anything they would want a % of their earnings or to kidnap them for ransom. i don't see how the cartels are in the shadows either, the spot has been blown up for a long time.
PColeman28
If cartels are involved i'm sure the process to actually banning a fighter could be extensive, as far as proving that there involved with cartels....unless the fighter is High profile, i doubt anyone would pursue an investigation to ban them...
Method
I stopped reading at the end of this sentence. Sweetheart, you are so fucking ignorant.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 19 2011, 07:10 PM) *
The reason why the international global economy did collaspe was because the drug money from Mexico kept the banks stable...

CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 20 2011, 08:10 AM) *
If drug cartels are promoting these boxers does the US government and boxing commissions have a legal right to ban these boxers if drug cartels support them?

Personally I don't think its an issue. As long as the fighters don't inject PEDs then they don't have any performance advantage over their rivals in the ring.

One boxer could be supported by the mob, but he's clean, while on the other hand another boxer may not be supported by the mob but uses PEDs to win fights... I'd rather choose the former than the latter.

What really matters is what they are all about in the ring, and not really how they got there or who supported them to get there. That's how I see it.
The place is dirty (I mean the world is dirty). Even in other lines of business, the mob is very active in many things. So I wouldn't be surprised on the extent of their involvement in sports. But as I said... as long as their fighters (if any) don't use PEDs then that's cool.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 20 2011, 09:41 AM) *
Personally I don't think its an issue. As long as the fighters don't inject PEDs then they don't have any performance advantage over their rivals in the ring.

One boxer could be supported by the mob, but he's clean, while on the other hand another boxer may not be supported by the mob but uses PEDs to win fights... I'd rather choose the former than the latter.

What really matters is what they are all about in the ring, and not really how they got there or who supported them to get there. That's how I see it.
The place is dirty (I mean the world is dirty). Even in other lines of business, the mob is very active in many things. So I wouldn't be surprised on the extent of their involvement in sports. But as I said... as long as their fighters (if any) don't use PEDs then that's cool.

Yup. Floyd got that thing in him.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 20 2011, 02:41 PM) *

Yeah cos of course fighters backed by the mob wouldnt get involved in anything like fight fixing or any shady business like that. Mob involvement is fine for the sport.

Oh I forgot, you dont care about the sport. Just Floyd.

Dick.

Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2011, 10:15 PM) *
I stopped reading at the end of this sentence. Sweetheart, you are so fucking ignorant.

Instead of calling me names do some research if you want i can point you in the right direction. Mexico makes more money off of drugs then their oil.
lloyd mayflower
Id like you to point me in the right direction to find credible information to back up that the world economy collapsed because Mexican drug cartels stopped holding up the banks.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 20 2011, 02:25 PM) *
Id like you to point me in the right direction to find credible information to back up that the world economy collapsed because Mexican drug cartels stopped holding up the banks.

Go read what I post. I said it was because of the Cartels that the international economy DID NOT COLLASPE.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 19 2011, 11:10 PM) *
I am reading this book called "To Die in Mexico", the book is about the drug cartels in Mexico and how it is a multi billion dollar business. The government of Mexico is also apart of the drug cartel. Whatever government is elected they are hooked up with a drug cartel and they use their resources to kill off the competition. The reason why the international global economy did collaspe was because the drug money from Mexico kept the banks stable: We see a lot of Mexican fighters out of Mexico, from the streets of Mexico, I wonder if any of these boxers are finaced by these cartels and how much of a debt do these boxers have to pay to these cartels in order to become successful. If drug cartels are promoting these boxers does the US government and boxing commissions have a legal right to ban these boxers if drug cartels support them? Because of these cartels are some of these Mexican fighters mules for these cartels... and lastly do these cartels have enough power to fix fights? We know Arum has his connections as well as Don King but the Cartels are in the shadows... just wondering any thoughts?

Thats not what it looks like to me.

Try reading your posts before you post them
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 20 2011, 02:41 PM) *
Thats not what it looks like to me.

Try reading your posts before you post them

Touche, apologies. I actually did read my post before posting I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.
daprofessor
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 19 2011, 08:16 PM) *
i don't know if cartels are in with boxing like the mob used to be, i really doubt they back fighters though. if anything they would want a % of their earnings or to kidnap them for ransom. i don't see how the cartels are in the shadows either, the spot has been blown up for a long time.

cartels aren't small time organizations like the italian mafias who ran boxing back in the day. these guys are seriously paid in comparison and would not need to tax a fighter the way the italians did. if anything, they'd support/sponsor a fighter simply because he was from the same state or they had some kind of affiliation. cartels aren't worried about the law. they make the laws.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 20 2011, 02:19 PM) *
Instead of calling me names do some research if you want i can point you in the right direction. Mexico makes more money off of drugs then their oil.

when barrels were going for $100 the u.s. was still getting them for $35 a barrel from mexico.
gravytrain
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 20 2011, 05:06 PM) *
cartels aren't small time organizations like the italian mafias who ran boxing back in the day. these guys are seriously paid in comparison and would not need to tax a fighter the way the italians did. if anything, they'd support/sponsor a fighter simply because he was from the same state or they had some kind of affiliation. cartels aren't worried about the law. they make the laws.

if anything they would want to use him, not sponsor him.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 20 2011, 08:32 PM) *
if anything they would want to use him, not sponsor him.

That is what I think. You see the fighters from Mexico coming from very dire situations and you ask yourself how are they sponsored and when the book this is what came to mind... Cartels are the machine behind it.
Cshel86
I walked into this thread, and now Im stepping out in an extreme state of "puzzledness". Guess I may just drink myself into a stupor after all, then I will come back and completely understand what's going on in this thread.
King Eugene
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 20 2011, 10:41 AM) *

Huh?

Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 20 2011, 03:19 PM) *

Please do. Oh, that's right, you have since jammed your foot in your mouth...yet again.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 21 2011, 05:19 AM) *

Be careful what you wish for. Method & financial matters is a slippery slope. He may just pull a Papa Johns on you.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 20 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Be careful what you wish for. Method & financial matters is a slippery slope. He may just pull a Papa Johns on you.

Somebody bring back that thread... laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 20 2011, 09:14 PM) *
Somebody bring back that thread... laugh.gif

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...mp;hl=financial
Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 20 2011, 11:20 PM) *

Damn I just read that thread...crazy! I also read some of the Monkey Business thread too...whew!
wolterb
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 21 2011, 12:52 AM) *
Damn I just read that thread...crazy! I also read some of the Monkey Business thread too...whew!

lol wtf...now im wonderin how method knew that dude was a pizzaman.

good guess i guesslol
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 20 2011, 09:02 PM) *
Please do. Oh, that's right, you have since jammed your foot in your mouth...yet again.

Read "To Die in Mexico" by John Gilber. Its a quick read. It may take a week to read. My foot isn't jabbed in my mouth, I'm not that flexible. There you go with assumption, Making an ass out of you again. I am not financial wizard but I read a lot and from I read, Mexico's drug cartels are a bigger profit then the oil. Go read the book then holla at me. But you won't because you rather call me names its easy I get it.
Snoop
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 21 2011, 03:20 AM) *

YES!
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 21 2011, 11:34 PM) *
Read "To Die in Mexico" by John Gilber. Its a quick read. It may take a week to read. My foot isn't jabbed in my mouth, I'm not that flexible. There you go with assumption, Making an ass out of you again.

Go read "The Big Short", and get back to me.

What was my "assumption"? That you might have actually posted something accurate, credible?

You are the primary carrier of 'Foot in Mouth' disease at fighthype.com. I haven't seen ignorance of this magnitude since Mayorgaisdangerous.

Where's Plush1 when you need her?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 22 2011, 09:54 AM) *
Go read "The Big Short", and get back to me.

What was my "assumption"? That you might have actually posted something accurate, credible?

You are the primary carrier of 'Foot in Mouth' disease at fighthype.com. I haven't seen ignorance of this magnitude since Mayorgaisdangerous.

Where's Plush1 when you need her?

Ignorance? Interesting. Ignorance means that you lack knowledge in certain subjects, and if that is the case we all are ignorant to something. Now what are you calling me ignorant in, I have no idea. You have "Asshole, I think I know every fuckin thing in the world" syndrome. Your opinion carries for little weight with me, If I am so ignorant why waste your time? Ridiculous. Though you make good points and seem to be knowledgeable on certain issues, you are still come across like an asshole. Calm down that gangsta Internet warrior keyboard mentality. Not a good look.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 23 2011, 03:48 AM) *
Ignorance? Interesting. Ignorance means that you lack knowledge in certain subjects, and if that is the case we all are ignorant to something. Now what are you calling me ignorant in, I have no idea. You have "Asshole, I think I know every fuckin thing in the world" syndrome. Your opinion carries for little weight with me, If I am so ignorant why waste your time? Ridiculous. Though you make good points and seem to be knowledgeable on certain issues, you are still come across like an asshole. Calm down that gangsta Internet warrior keyboard mentality. Not a good look.

I vote that it is spelled Pete Samprass

Oh hold on............fuck I'm dumb.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 10:54 AM) *

Yes you are. The truth has set you free. thumbsup_anim.gif
EAlbian
alright seriously post a picture of yourself
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 22 2011, 01:52 PM) *
alright seriously post a picture of yourself

...and the world awaits!!! laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 10:54 AM) *

No man, you got it right. Plus, you've heard of Dennis Roddman, no?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 23 2011, 01:48 AM) *
Though you make good points and seem to be knowledgeable on certain issues, you are still come across like an asshole.

You just figured that out? Meth is like a attack dog & once he smells blood he can't help himself. We have had disagreements previously & I find that provided the topic is not Hopkins Meth is one of the best posters we have had. Even with Hopkins he always makes sense even if he is a lil biased.

Those are two things that don't seem to happen for you making sense & being a good poster.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 23 2011, 08:05 AM) *
No man, you got it right. Plus, you've heard of Dennis Roddman, no?

Sure have. I've also heard of Buster Douglass. What is it with ALLman and the letter S?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.