BlueMercury
BoxingStill#1
Sucker punch MID break... lol.. unbelievable
JONdaCON817
Karmas a Bitch.
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 20 2011, 05:24 AM) *
Karmas a Bitch.

What did I say when Floyd was threatening to bring Ortiz's dad, Rios and Robert Garcia into the ring? "He doesn't need to go there. He can kick that kid's ass anyway. If he's a dick, KARMA will sort it out".
Cshel86
Damn that was some ugly karma for his ass, lmao! Too bad Victor got his karma on PPV with a close to 16,000 viewers and possibly 1M viewers at home, smh Now he is gonna be the laughing stock for years to come. This idiot had his hands out with that puppy-dog apologetic look on his face, like he didn't know what he did wrong. Good post! This should be posted all over the web so people can shut the hell up (casual fans anyway).
AKay
Good find!
HazConvictedFelonMane
It seems that 'karma' is the key word in this thread. Going beyond the obvious, I've seen many instances of karma in boxing. Judah nailed Floyd with a monster low blow. Cotto demolished Judah with repeated monter low blows. Abner Mares has his karma debt to pay soon enough. Karma is universal. No one escapes it.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 20 2011, 05:26 PM) *
. Karma is universal. No one escapes it.

Does this mean Amir Khan demands Floyd Mayweather takes a test of family mental illness to clean up the sport of boxing before they fight and Floyd refuses?

Black
ks1
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 20 2011, 04:40 PM) *
Does this mean Amir Khan demands Floyd Mayweather takes a test of family mental illness to clean up the sport of boxing before they fight and Floyd refuses?

Black

Huh? I know you're just tossing out a verbal jab but that doesn't make much sense.
caneman
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 20 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Huh? I know you're just tossing out a verbal jab but that doesn't make much sense.

And convicts does? Karma is a bitch a fight is a fight...Vic should remember that before hugging and kissing 3 times in A PRIZE FIGHT...HE GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING EVEN IF CORTEZ IS WORSE THAN A PILE OF DOG SHIT! But karma is a total bitch!!!!
Cshel86
Mark my words...Im ALMOST sure that another fighter is gonna pull a Floyd and catch another idiot slipping with his hands down. Mark my words! Somebody is gonna try it again, and say the same shit about a fighter protecting themselves at all times.
Cshel86

The face of a happy loser with a big payday, smh. Wonder what Bradley's face will look like if he gets the Pacquiao fight that he's been begging for...
King Eugene
You do not suppose to be that happy after being KO'd the way he was.

Anybody know if ODLH made good on his end of the bet?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 20 2011, 08:30 PM) *

The face of a happy loser with a big payday, smh. Wonder what Bradley's face will look like if he gets the Pacquiao fight that he's been begging for...

Uh...Bradley has ten times the heart of Victor. Did you see him get right off the canvas after Holt almost took his head off? And then took his heart and dominated him all night?

I say Bradley would give Pac all he could handle, too many sleep on Bradley. Besides Floyd fighting Pac, my next best choice would be Bradley fighting Pac.
Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 20 2011, 10:18 PM) *
You do not suppose to be that happy after being KO'd the way he was.

Anybody know if ODLH made good on his end of the bet?

I wouldn't doubt if Oscar took Floyd up on that bet! Hell, $2.5M aint no chump change when you're betting against a sure-as-shit loser, and Im sure Oscar knows more about Ortiz's lack of heart than we all do.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2011, 10:38 PM) *
Uh...Bradley has ten times the heart of Victor. Did you see him get right off the canvas after Holt almost took his head off? And then took his heart and dominated him all night?

I say Bradley would give Pac all he could handle, too many sleep on Bradley. Besides Floyd fighting Pac, my next best choice would be Bradley fighting Pac.

Uh oh Lightsout, I forgot you were pro-Bradley. You know I have to give Bradley a hard time, but I can never question that dude's heart any day of the week because he always comes to fight. Im just not a big fan of his fighting style and part-time bad boy ego. I can never forget the Holt fight, but judging by what Holt could do to him off of a basic counter punch, I would hate to see him fed to Pacquiao.

I just dont see him dealing with Pac's punching power or combinations...not that Im just a huge Pac fan by any measure, but his fighting style is a bit too devastating for Tim. Just my opinion though...
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2011, 10:38 PM) *

Been saying it for a while now. Two relentless fighters going toe to toe. I bet it would be a FOY canidate.
checkleft
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 20 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Been saying it for a while now. Two relentless fighters going toe to toe. I bet it would be a FOY canidate.

No way.. and I love Bradley relentlessness and pressure, but at this point a couple of good counters and he's on the canvas. He needs more work, a fight against Khan would have been a good measuring stick to see where he's at. Right now he's just a faster more relentless Ricky hatton.

As for the sucker punch thing, its not rare in boxing nor is it illegal. Maidana tried to do it to Khan too, its a fight and people try to hurt each other.. and karma catches up to everyone
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2011, 11:37 PM) *
No way.. and I love Bradley relentlessness and pressure, but at this point a couple of good counters and he's on the canvas. He needs more work, a fight against Khan would have been a good measuring stick to see where he's at. Right now he's just a faster more relentless Ricky hatton.

As for the sucker punch thing, its not rare in boxing nor is it illegal. Maidana tried to do it to Khan too, its a fight and people try to hurt each other.. and karma catches up to everyone

+1
ks1
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 20 2011, 06:16 PM) *
And convicts does? Karma is a bitch a fight is a fight...Vic should remember that before hugging and kissing 3 times in A PRIZE FIGHT...HE GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING EVEN IF CORTEZ IS WORSE THAN A PILE OF DOG SHIT! But karma is a total bitch!!!!

Yes it does, in terms of the "karma" comment but anyway, I agree with you on the rest.
ks1
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 20 2011, 06:16 PM) *

Yes it does, in terms of the "karma" comment but anyway, I agree with you on the rest.
King Eugene
QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 20 2011, 11:37 PM) *

Bradley has one hell of a chin. You know him down and he's popping right back up. Manny aint taking him out. This will be a damn war.
checkleft
I give all the credit in the world to Bradley, but holt, Alexander, or Peterson are not within a mile of pacquiao. At this point pacquiao will sleep him ala cotto/hatton. Because as much speed as Bradley has for a brawler he is very sloppy and wild. Too many openings and roach will find them. So I really wouldn't be surprised if he's after marquez(assuming he wins) because he is very beatable, but he has a appealing style to viewers. But I'm a big fan of Bradley, he is an incredibly strong person, and I mean mentally. He beat Alexander before they even fought.
pesticid
Bradely moight survice the Pacman just cause he swarms a lot , clinches a lot and uses his head a lot. And Pacman is not a runner or a mover like Alexander was in their fight, so there will be a lot of infighting.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 21 2011, 06:40 AM) *

Black

Highly relevant. At least there is evidence of a history of instability in his bloodlines.
ks1
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 21 2011, 06:06 AM) *
Highly relevant. At least there is evidence of a history of instability in his bloodlines.

Nah. "Evidence of a history of instability..." LOL. That's a nicely broad and loaded statement. You could probably say the same thing about a lot of boxers families especially if that family is full of boxers and ex-boxers.
Method
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 21 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Nah. "Evidence of a history of instability..." LOL. That's a nicely broad and loaded statement. You could probably say the same thing about a lot of boxers families especially if that family is full of boxers and ex-boxers.

Yup. Not to mention what happened/s under the roof of said fighter when he was growing up (physical abuse, drug abuse, etc. etc. etc.)
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 22 2011, 01:00 AM) *

Kind of similar to how people make unfounded accusations that Pac is on the A side. At least with my accusations there is a pretty clear line between the Mayweathers & mental instability as repeatedly evidenced by their various behaviours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.