Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is VisionQuest making press releases
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
leonthegee
This kind of information should be confidential. And im not talking about some intern here but the CEO and president of the company. If my accountant released my finacial information to the public he would be SOS (socked on site). Am I the only one that has a problem with this?
King Eugene
Pay for the services or get exposed!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Does anyone else find it shady that the freaken accounting firm that was hired by Manny to sort through his finances would then lend money to Koncz to but a house? Yep these guys sound on the up and up.
leonthegee
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 20 2011, 04:35 PM) *
Pay for the services or get exposed!

Well then they should sue Manny. I wonder what their other clients think about this.
JONdaCON817
Mannys gonna dipset from TopRank and fight Floyd under his own banner... then he'll lose and be broke again...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 21 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Mannys gonna dipset from TopRank and fight Floyd under his own banner... then he'll lose and be broke again...

Bob Arum, 'Big Willie' it's all the same isn't it? laugh.gif
HazConvictedFelonMane
This is crazy. I don't understand how this man is not on top of his money. Asking for advances makes him look like he's been getting taken for a ride. His business is his business, but he's a public figure and they will always get put on blast. VQ put this man on blast. They exposed his adviser and his promoter, and they seem like they're going to expose Manny as well. If Manny leaves Top Rank, Bob Arum is going to do him the same way he's doing Floyd. Manny will be ducking Mike Jones and Brandon Rios. Say what you may about Money May, but his money isn't getting lost on it's way to him.
Method
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2011, 07:33 PM) *
This kind of information should be confidential. And im not talking about some intern here but the CEO and president of the company. If my accountant released my finacial information to the public he would be SOS (socked on site). Am I the only one that has a problem with this?

They didnt release any financial info...not that I saw.

Method
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 20 2011, 08:51 PM) *
Say what you may about Money May, but his money isn't getting lost on it's way to him.

How short the memory of some.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 20 2011, 09:02 PM) *
How short the memory of some.

they believe no one gets a % of his money too.
PColeman28
I think it's very weird for this company loaned money to knocz.....I feel pacman should add them to his list of people slandering his name in his law suit because what i got out of that press release was pac is getting robbed blind, and doesn't have the funds to pay the company so since he's not paying the company they put him on blast.....I think it was very unprofessional to do that, but manny should leave top rank fight Floyd, whether he wins or loses as long as it goes 12 rounds he'll be able to rematch and make double the money and reitre after floyd vs pac I and floyd vs pac II
checkleft
This is not going to turn out well.
ks1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 20 2011, 09:05 PM) *
they believe no one gets a % of his money too.

They who? I don't believe that but I think the main issue is that there is a big difference between somebody getting a piece of the action and, if Vision Quest is correct, what's going on with Manny's money. To paraphrase Chris Rock, it sounds like Pac is getting a part of the chicken wing, while others are getting the "big pieces of chicken".
gravytrain
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 21 2011, 12:43 AM) *
They who? I don't believe that but I think the main issue is that there is a big difference between somebody getting a piece of the action and, if Vision Quest is correct, what's going on with Manny's money. To paraphrase Chris Rock, it sounds like Pac is getting a part of the chicken wing, while others are getting the "big pieces of chicken".

Pac's finances are getting a lot of attention on here. the big difference between Pac and Mayweather is one is getting aired out and the other isn't. people on here shouldn't be surprised to know Mayweather has been taken advantage of and doesn't have the money he talks about.
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 01:04 AM) *
Pac's finances are getting a lot of attention on here. the big difference between Pac and Mayweather is one is getting aired out and the other isn't. people on here shouldn't be surprised to know Mayweather has been taken advantage of and doesn't have the money he talks about.

How? I'm curious to know...Seriously. The tax situation use to be an every day topic of discussion on here
checkleft
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 12:10 AM) *
How? I'm curious to know...Seriously. The tax situation use to be an every day topic of discussion on here

So true.

The only difference is its happening to manny so everyone goes to his aid.
All boxers get taken advantage of, its just a matter of how fast they figure it out and fix it.
Sounds like pac man is figuring it out pretty late.
The gov don't fuck around about money though now that this is out I expect some more audits to come around. Let's hope arums as nice enough as Oscar and pays them off too.
Really doubt it though. Lol
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 05:10 PM) *

What? On the front page and reported in depth by Hype?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 06:10 PM) *

LOL. That ain't gonna happen.
Eighty88Eight
all this story needs is some sex and it'll be a good movie.

i like how at the end of the article, Ben Thompson writes "it looks like Pacquiao truly does need to get his business in order." this guy is going to end up as Mayweather's personal biographer.
lloyd mayflower
I STILL dont understand what Pacquaios "business" has to do with Floyd.
Eighty88Eight
i wouldn't be surprised if Pac's finances has quite a bit to do with Mayweather.
jlupi
then he'll lose and be broke again.>>>>>

hasent this this story been told over and over in boxing?

just recently you have tyson, holyfield, even mayweather had his tax problems supposedly helping convince him a comeback was needed.

These guys make 50mil (or whatever) and they try to live the life of someone who is going to make that money for the rest of there life. They cant they have a narrow window.
ks1
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 04:10 AM) *

Did Floyd hire an accounting firm to look into his finances and did that firm then release a public statement?
Method
There are all sorts of reasons that the IRS audits people, the main one being level of income. The fact that he was audited might...and I say might...have zero to do with his situation.
CrazyBuffalO
This news about his finances comes as no surprise. Pacquiao is just not smart -- Pretty dumb actually.

The media shows that he has the support of the entire Philippines, but itís hardly even true nowadays. Maybe during the early part of his career yes, but nowadays a lot of people in the Philippines have been pretty vocal about their growing dislike for Pacquiao.

When the cameras are on, people here would put up a show and make everything seem itís all good and the people love Pacquiao and all that (just to show a sense of unity and save some face in front of the international community). But itís more of a faÁade actually. Behind the scenes, especially if you can read Filipino language, youíll find lots of posts by Filipinos written in their language all saying negative stuffs about Pacquiao and their dislike for him running in politics because they believe he doesnít have the brains for it. And they do admit that they find him very dumb as a person.
gravytrain
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 21 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Did Floyd hire an accounting firm to look into his finances and did that firm then release a public statement?

no, but Mayweather has claimed he'd 300 million liquid years ago, nobody gets a % of what he makes from a fight and that during the 18 months between his fight with Mosley and the Ortiz fight he made 300 million and it's "pretty liquid". what has Pac said about his money? nothing. but the guy whose whole persona is built around money lies and gets a pass. no wonder Rick Ross called him Funny Money Mayweather.
Method
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 03:25 PM) *
...no wonder Rick Ross called him Funny Money Mayweather.

Hahahahahaha.
Spyder
no, but Mayweather has claimed he'd 300 million liquid years ago, nobody gets a % of what he makes from a fight and that during the 18 months between his fight with Mosley and the Ortiz fight he made 300 million and it's "pretty liquid". what has Pac said about his money? nothing. but the guy whose whole persona is built around money lies and gets a pass. no wonder Rick Ross called him Funny Money Mayweather.

Rick Ross don't know shit 'bout boxing!
gravytrain
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 21 2011, 03:35 PM) *
Rick Ross don't know shit 'bout boxing!

think about all food that cat goes through though, he could probably tell whether or not Mcdonalds forgot the pickles on his Big Mac just by holding the bag. and if it makes dollars it makes sense, fast food isn't cheap. we're talking $5 a meal and 1 isn't enough for that round rascal. i wouldn't be surprised if he could eyeball bands and blow it all on Mcnuggets.
Method
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 03:42 PM) *
could probably tell whether or not Mcdonalds forgot the pickles on his Big Mac just by holding the bag

Fantastic!
ks1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 03:42 PM) *
think about all food that cat goes through though, he could probably tell whether or not Mcdonalds forgot the pickles on his Big Mac just by holding the bag. and if it makes dollars it makes sense, fast food isn't cheap. we're talking $5 a meal and 1 isn't enough for that round rascal. i wouldn't be surprised if he could eyeball bands and blow it all on Mcnuggets.

That is a hilarious picture!
ks1

Nice diversionary tactic. "Gets a pass" from whom? As others have mentioned, Mayweather's financial issues have been talked about extensively and I don't doubt that Mayweather is exaggerating the size of his stash but c'mon now, the dude is getting paid large while, otoh, it appears Manny is getting straight up Tyson'd.
thehype
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Sep 21 2011, 08:55 AM) *
i like how at the end of the article, Ben Thompson writes "it looks like Pacquiao truly does need to get his business in order." this guy is going to end up as Mayweather's personal biographer.

Do you disagree? Does he NOT need to get his business in order. I mean, 6 boxes full of receipts, some emails, and no documentation of any of his contracts for bouts and endorsements...that's not a good look. I mean, this guy is talking about wanting to fight Mayweather now, but first they need to discuss details of the "guaranteed purse" and "profit sharing"? Really?

I'm sorry, but as long as his finances are as fucked up as they are, Bob Arum will NEVER make the fight that you guys want to see. He's got Pacquiao by the balls and will keep him fighting everyone other than Mayweather until the motherfucker is damaged goods. If he keeps the guy hungry for fights, he keeps him fighting..simple as that. The minute he fights Mayweather, however, is the minute he retires. Bob Arum is no fool.

And no, I won't be anyone's fucking personal biographer. What a dumb thing to say. I simply agree that the motherfucker needs to get his business in order if he wants to start talking about "guaranteed purse" and "profit sharing" for the biggest financial fight in the sport.

"This guy..."

nea.gif

You're starting to irritate me...just a little bit.

King Eugene
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 04:10 AM) *

No, how he figures Pacs finances are being aired out and Mayweather's isn't. Mayweather's "money issues" been the center of attention quite a few times.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 22 2011, 11:00 AM) *
No, how he figures Pacs finances are being aired out and Mayweather's isn't. Mayweather's "money issues" been the center of attention quite a few times.

On the front page? Look Hype has access to Floyd so why doesn't he ask him about the 'Big Willie' rumours? It's only fair since Floyd wants to talk about his Anaconda laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 21 2011, 05:55 PM) *
Nice diversionary tactic. "Gets a pass" from whom? As others have mentioned, Mayweather's financial issues have been talked about extensively and I don't doubt that Mayweather is exaggerating the size of his stash but c'mon now, the dude is getting paid large while, otoh, it appears Manny is getting straight up Tyson'd.

nobody is writing articles about it. where have they been talked about? he hasn't been mythbustered yet. Tyson ran through money as fast as Don King stole it, Pac is getting robbed like Tyson and Mayweather is blowing money like him.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 07:01 PM) *
On the front page? Look Hype has access to Floyd so why doesn't he ask him about the 'Big Willie' rumours? It's only fair since Floyd wants to talk about his Anaconda laugh.gif

exactly.
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 07:01 PM) *

It would be necessary if he's had issues lately. After the Shane fight the IRS got their money. Nothing else to be said. As far as Pac...this dude hired VQ, asking for advances, and didn't even pay them for their services. Whats more news worthy?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 22 2011, 11:14 AM) *
It would be necessary if he's had issues lately. After the Shane fight the IRS got their money. Nothing else to be said. As far as Pac...this dude hired VQ, asking for advances, and didn't even pay them for their services. Whats more news worthy?

Apparently Floyd going to the hospital to have some blood taken. laugh.gif I did like his moves on that nurse though, haha. It was kinda like check out the size of my...................wallet.

Anything to do with these 2 is newsworthy current or retrospective. However I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. All I'm asking is were there articles on the front page when Floyd got all his money supposedly stolen? Yes or no?
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 07:18 PM) *
Apparently Floyd going to the hospital to have some blood taken. laugh.gif I did like his moves on that nurse though, haha. It was kinda like check out the size of my...................wallet.

Anything to do with these 2 is newsworthy current or retrospective. However I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. All I'm asking is were there articles on the front page when Floyd got all his money supposedly stolen? Yes or no?

Stolen by Arum? That I cant answer because I wasn't on the boards then.
ks1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 07:02 PM) *
nobody is writing articles about it. where have they been talked about? he hasn't been mythbustered yet. Tyson ran through money as fast as Don King stole it, Pac is getting robbed like Tyson and Mayweather is blowing money like him.

Heh. Very glib as usual. Anyway, say what? Google "Mayweather's tax problems" and you can find plenty of articles about it and some of his other financial issues. You could also google "Manny pac vision quest statement" and find articles written elsewhere about the Pac/Vision Quest saga.

What's with this mythbusting stuff? I think most people assume Floyd is exaggerating but few doubt he's getting paid bigtime. I'm not sure why some of you seem bent out of shape about the Pac/Vision Quest article appearing here especailly when the article is mostly sympathetic toward Pac and, rightfully, more anti-Arum/Top Rank.

Btw, Tyson was getting robbed long before the snake King came around.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 07:18 PM) *

where are the articles about J Prince having cats rough up Ellerbe and Mayweather needing an advance to pay him off? all i want to know is whether or not someone put their hands on Mayweather and Ellerbe tried to come to the rescue or if Mayweather tried to act hard and Ellerbe did the "you heard him" shit to earn that ass whooping.
gravytrain
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 21 2011, 07:28 PM) *
Heh. Very glib as usual. Anyway, say what? Google "Mayweather's tax problems" and you can find plenty of articles about it and some of his other financial issues. You could also google "Manny pac vision quest statement" and find articles written elsewhere about the Pac/Vision Quest saga.

What's with this mythbusting stuff? I think most people assume Floyd is exaggerating but few doubt he's getting paid bigtime. I'm not sure why some of you seem bent out of shape about the Pac/Vision Quest article appearing here especailly when the article is mostly sympathetic toward Pac and, rightfully, more anti-Arum/Top Rank.

Btw, Tyson was getting robbed long before the snake King came around.

where are they on fighthype? not on the front page.
ks1
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 07:20 PM) *
Stolen by Arum? That I cant answer because I wasn't on the boards then.

I guess that's what Ollie means but was the site even around then?
ks1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 07:31 PM) *

I don't know. You have thousands of posts here and if you really wanted to find out you could search the news and video archives, no?
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 07:31 PM) *

Wait a minute...hold up. So your gripe is that there isn't enough "negative" material on the front page of Fighthype about Floyd? So all the bad press Floyd has gotten all over the web is cool but as soon as there is a negative article about Manny of the front page of Fighthype there is a problem? Oh...ok...

As far as Prince J's dudes roughing up Ellerbee, Hype has discussed that on the boards before. Sorry it wasn't headline news material that had to do with determing the moves for Floyd's next fight.
ks1
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Wait a minute...hold up. So your gripe is that there isn't enough "negative" material on the front page of Fighthype about Floyd? So all the bad press Floyd has gotten all over the web is cool but as soon as there is a negative article about Manny of the front page of Fighthype there is a problem? Oh...ok...

As far as Prince J's dudes roughing up Ellerbee, Hype has discussed that on the boards before. Sorry it wasn't headline news material that had to do with determing the moves for Floyd's next fight.

And it's not really even a negative article about Manny per se. It's a "negative" but apparently truthful, article about his financial situation.
Fitz
Eugene, the point that is trying to be made is that this is a pro-Mayweather site, despite Benjamin saying otherwise in the past.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 11:41 PM) *

What does Mannys finances have to do with determining Floyds next fight? All Floyd has to do is go in there and negotiate his split. It hasnt got shit to do with him how Manny spends his cut, gives it away, or sees it stolen in front of his very eyes. Floyd just needs to concentrate on gettin Fiftys ravioli just the way he likes it.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 21 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Eugene, the point that is trying to be made is that this is a pro-Mayweather site, despite Benjamin saying otherwise in the past.

I honestly dont think he has a point but if thats it all he had to do was say that. I wouldn't have argued that as far as the writers for that provide material for Fighthype. I'm sure if Ben got the same access to Pac we'd have more positive material to read on the front page. But I dont know his objective...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.