Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jessy Vargas
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pesticid
He won a close fight against Josesito Lopez, who is as tough as anybody and has height and reach, never been blown out. I don't think Maidana or Mathyse are better than Josesito Lopez. So I don't see how Khan would beat up Vargas either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 21 2011, 06:22 PM) *
He won a close fight against Josesito Lopez, who is as tough as anybody and has height and reach, never been blown out. I don't think Maidana or Mathyse are better than Josesito Lopez. So I don't see how Khan would beat up Vargas either.

vargas looked like shit and khan ha simporved a grat deal in the past 24 months. Too much speed and too much power and (surprisingly) a much better technique. For those that say it is an insult for Khan to call out Mayweather I say it is an insult for Vargas to call out Khan.
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 04:11 AM) *
vargas looked like shit and khan ha simporved a grat deal in the past 24 months. Too much speed and too much power and (surprisingly) a much better technique. For those that say it is an insult for Khan to call out Mayweather I say it is an insult for Vargas to call out Khan.

McLosky and Judah, I don't think they beat anybody better than Lopez and he faced them. That's all I am saying...
I think the majority of the top 10 ranked junior welterweights struggle against Lopez so I don't think we should discredit Vargas for that. Besides, maybe Amir takes some tests since it's a Golden Boy/Mayweather promotion:)
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 21 2011, 10:35 AM) *
McLosky and Judah, I don't think they beat anybody better than Lopez and he faced them. That's all I am saying...
I think the majority of the top 10 ranked junior welterweights struggle against Lopez so I don't think we should discredit Vargas for that. Besides, maybe Amir takes some tests since it's a Golden Boy/Mayweather promotion:)

You think Amir Khan will agree to take extra tests for Jessie fuckin Vargas? With Bradley inactive and turning down the fight with Khan, Khan is the man at 140. Vargas would be lucky to even get the fight, never mind makin demands
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 21 2011, 10:49 PM) *
You think Amir Khan will agree to take extra tests for Jessie fuckin Vargas? With Bradley inactive and turning down the fight with Khan, Khan is the man at 140. Vargas would be lucky to even get the fight, never mind makin demands

Agreed and now Morales has a strap I'm sure that's whom he will be going after next. Look, like him or loathe him Khan is an elite level fighter, and Vargas is what? Floyd's fluffer?
pesticid
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 21 2011, 06:49 AM) *

I was kidding, of course he woulnd't agree but then if Mayweather is part of the contract, meaning he takes the test and is successful against Jessie, he gets to fight Mayweather smile.gif

But back to Amir, he hasn't faced the best competition except for Maidana and I think Maidana is a little overrated cause of the Ortiz fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 21 2011, 11:05 PM) *
I was kidding, of course he woulnd't agree but then if Mayweather is part of the contract, meaning he takes the test and is successful against Jessie, he gets to fight Mayweather smile.gif

But back to Amir, he hasn't faced the best competition except for Maidana and I think Maidana is a little overrated cause of the Ortiz fight.

Who the fuck as he supposed to fight at 140? He wants Bradley, Bradley don't want any part of him. I honestly don't think there is a guy at 140 whom he has ducked.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 21 2011, 12:05 PM) *

Kotelnik is easily top ten and some think he beat Alexander.
Malignaggi is a quality top ten fighter, despite the fact that he loses the big ones.
Maidana has beaten Victor Ortiz and Erik Morales, both of whom on Saturday night held the WBC titles at jr welter and welter. That's good going for a guy who is overrated.

Not sure who else Khan should have fought in order to take on the best competition. I can only think of Bradley and he flat out didn't want the fight. The rumour mill is saying Petersen next and that is another quality opponent for Khan, and certainly not an easy night's work.

Black
sduck
Lopez didn't look too bad of a fighter, but that doesn't excuse that Vargas looked terrible. It's mainly his stamina. He was already tired in the 2nd, and from the 3rd up was just flat out exhausted. Khan would be too much for him.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but since Mayweather wants to say Vargas is the next JCC, is the future of boxing, and saying Khan needs to fight and beat Vargas before he "maybe" gets a shot at himself, it's like a slap in the face after a performance like that.
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 21 2011, 07:30 AM) *
Who the fuck as he supposed to fight at 140? He wants Bradley, Bradley don't want any part of him. I honestly don't think there is a guy at 140 whom he has ducked.

His competition is not entirely his fault b/c as u said Bradley doesn't want any part of him and Alexander is moving up. Lamont could be a decent opponent, I actually like Lamont and I hope he gets to fight him. But back to Amir, he only looked good against Zab. Well,actually he looked good against Kotelnik too. But he sucked against Maidana and Mclosky. The Malignaggi fight, I mean Hatton beat Paulie the worst. So yeah Amir is really good, I remember him losing to Kindelan in the finales Olympics in Greece and he was only like 18, but he can be touched and Vargas is tall, rangy, speedy, throws straight punches and has some pop too. Heart as well, as he showed against Lopez. I am not saying he beats Amir, all I am saying is that I don't beleive he is as crap as most people say he is after his last fight, because I think his opponent was pretty good.
Cshel86
Bottom line, Vargas has some work to do. Like I have been repeating since Saturday, he almost looked like Cotto and Lopez looked like Margarito. He was getting stalked and broke down all night. Gladly, he had a fight like that early in his career, instead of just being a hype job and getting exposed later.He did just enough to wiggle his way to a split decision.

He has little ways to go, but he definitely has potential of becoming a star in the near future. Hopefully he doesn't get caught up in the Mayweather Promotions/Money Team/ clown circus and lose sight of his own path. Good scrap though...
PColeman28
I HAVE to agree with the majority lol.....Jessie Vargas Looked really really really bad...Like someone mentioned his stamia was shit, it was bad, if he wants to compete with khan then he has to get his azz a strength and conditioning coach ASAP, but i saw nothing special i actually thought he was losing lol, but he won....khan will definitely crush this guy, he needs to do like 7 more fights before he's ready for maidana lol, he shouldn't even think of khan just let it go
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 21 2011, 02:13 PM) *
I HAVE to agree with the majority lol.....Jessie Vargas Looked really really really bad...Like someone mentioned his stamia was shit, it was bad, if he wants to compete with khan then he has to get his azz a strength and conditioning coach ASAP, but i saw nothing special i actually thought he was losing lol, but he won....khan will definitely crush this guy, he needs to do like 7 more fights before he's ready for maidana lol, he shouldn't even think of khan just let it go

Yeah he blew any pubic hair's length of a chance at a Khan fight, with that shakey performance Saturday night. Khan would've made him wait anyway, but he really killed his chances in the Lopez fight.
gravytrain
i think Khan would destroy him for the simple fact that Vargas will only get this fight because Mayweather is telling Khan it's the only way he gets a fight with him. Vargas shouldn't even be on the radar of an elite junior welterweight and Mayweather is just using his clout to get his fighter a title shot and payday. he hasn't impressed me yet and Khan is easily at the top of the division, i think Khan outclasses him and it doesn't go past 6.
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2011, 02:51 PM) *
i think Khan would destroy him for the simple fact that Vargas will only get this fight because Mayweather is telling Khan it's the only way he gets a fight with him. Vargas shouldn't even be on the radar of an elite junior welterweight and Mayweather is just using his clout to get his fighter a title shot and payday. he hasn't impressed me yet and Khan is easily at the top of the division, i think Khan outclasses him and it doesn't go past 6.

A Vargas/Khan fight never crossed my mind, but thank good ol' Mayweather for putting it on our heads. Like you said, Khan would crush this guy. This was hard for me to say about a year ago, just because of my dislike for him, but now Khan is at the top of the division. Dude is actually growing on me, because the guys that we thought were gonna step up and make it an exciting division, failed to deliver.
JONdaCON817
Khan is gonna "Mayweather" him... talk about how crappy he looks, how he doesnt deserve to be in the same ring till he sells, and then will ask him to fight a trash opponent out of his Camp...
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 21 2011, 03:08 PM) *
A Vargas/Khan fight never crossed my mind, but thank good ol' Mayweather for putting it on our heads. Like you said, Khan would crush this guy. This was hard for me to say about a year ago, just because of my dislike for him, but now Khan is at the top of the division. Dude is actually growing on me, because the guys that we thought were gonna step up and make it an exciting division, failed to deliver.

and it'll be on HBO too. what a waste of a WCB fight.
King Eugene
Vargas is barking up the wrong tree. Khan will blow him smooth out the ring.
TzFrank
I agree with the majority. Vargas isn't quite ready for khan and khan isn't ready for Floyd...Floyd will outbox khan easily, probably ko him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.